1. Post #11601
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts
    finished up second part, may include final fantasy music
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/ABC_Songs_Part_2.rar
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/ABC_Songs_Part_1.rar first part for those who may have missed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #11602
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,254 Posts
    Okay so I don't really like how the gravity bubble banshee turned out but eh, I'm just too lazy to mod it completely lol.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #11603
    Dennab
    July 2009
    19,189 Posts
    I needed a place to dump all the shit I stole from ancient dead dudes (heh, loosers!) So i built this

as you probably can tell i have OCD

and if you have a keen eye you can probably tell that this is fucking killing me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #11604
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,853 Posts

yo da hero of da gears

modding is fun
    How exactly do you guys go about doing that sorta stuff? Any guides? Sorry if this has been asked before, just curious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #11605
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,487 Posts
    Hard counter:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

6. Post #11606
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    868 Posts
    man once you have pixels the death penalty is kind of crazy
    and don't just say "don't die then noob, lol" because it's really hard not to die when you join a multiplayer server and get griefed to hell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #11607
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,938 Posts
    from the official Starbound forums in the comments section on the latest blog post:

WHY

this fellow has zero idea of what an early access beta is.
    I'm having the most trouble with this
    Some Asshat posted:
    the combat is really lacking, since you can just hit a mob, wait for him to come back and then hit it again
    Isn't that sort of what you do in, I don't know, most games? It's the timing about it that makes it interesting, right? Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Edited:

man once you have pixels the death penalty is kind of crazy
    and don't just say "don't die then noob, lol" because it's really hard not to die when you join a multiplayer server and get griefed to hell
    Don't get pixels then??? noob
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #11608
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,051 Posts
    the combat is really lacking, since you can just hit a mob, wait for him to come back and then hit it again
    This person was probably expecting a robust dial-a-combo system encouraging up close combat, with finishing moves and the ability to desecrate the resulting corpse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #11609
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,782 Posts
    How exactly do you guys go about doing that sorta stuff? Any guides? Sorry if this has been asked before, just curious.
    common/starbound/assets/items etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #11610

September 2012
    10 Posts
    Looks like I have finally something worthy to post.

Do It Yourself Ships:

1. You need to make a new character for it to work. Old characters keep theirs ships so don't worry.
    2. You can move everything, even the storage locker and captain's chair. Do not remove the last block or you are screwed.
    3. Works fine in multi, now you can have your whole ship stolen/exploded by griefers.

The map is about the size of a small planet, so have fun building giant flying airships or star destroyers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h4.../DIY_Ships.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #11611
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    I needed a place to dump all the shit I stole from ancient dead dudes (heh, loosers!) So i built this

and if you have a keen eye you can probably tell that this is fucking killing me
    Ooh... It's off center by a block, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #11612
    rate me boxes in every post please, its my fetish
    August 2009
    8,346 Posts

Do It Yourself Ships:

1. You need to make a new character for it to work. Old characters keep theirs ships so don't worry.
    2. You can move everything, even the storage locker and captain's chair. Do not remove the last block or you are screwed.
    3. Works fine in multi, now you can have your whole ship stolen/exploded by griefers.

The map is about the size of a small planet, so have fun building giant flying airships or star destroyers.

Does the map loop like planets?

13. Post #11613
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    8,081 Posts
    Holy Shit
    if you didnt realize already, its hacked
    captain obvious rating etc

14. Post #11614
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts

Do It Yourself Ships:

I'm going to wait until some other people DL it first, but that's really cool. I wonder why they didn't give us this in the base game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #11615
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,487 Posts
    finished up second part, may include final fantasy music
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/ABC_Songs_Part_2.rar
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/ABC_Songs_Part_1.rar first part for those who may have missed it
    Both links direct to the 2nd part, thought I'd let you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #11616
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    I'm going to wait until some other people DL it first, but that's really cool. I wonder why they didn't give us this in the base game?
    it might be planned for the future
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #11617
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    Dennab
    March 2009
    9,166 Posts
    Maybe they want customization in a bit more restirctive way to make it actually look like a spaceship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #11618
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,812 Posts
    There are probably some game design issues involved in doing this. I remember tiy was talking about whether to allow players to edit their ships shape or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

19. Post #11619
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts
    Both links direct to the 2nd part, thought I'd let you know.
    you didnt see nothin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #11620
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    Maybe they want customization in a bit more restirctive way to make it actually look like a spaceship
    what's wrong with wanting to fly a space potato? i wouldn't mind going around on a Rok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #11621
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,597 Posts

Do It Yourself Ships:

How does it look to people that don't have the mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

22. Post #11622
    rate me boxes in every post please, its my fetish
    August 2009
    8,346 Posts
    How does it look to people that don't have the mod?
    Probably fine seeing as it's all blocks

23. Post #11623
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,597 Posts
    What passes for "looks like a spaceship"? There's no drag in space so technically the optimal shape for a non combat spaceship is a cube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #11624
    March 2005
    121 Posts
    Question is, could it work for multiplayer? I imagine the fuel couldn't stay but I feel like you might possibly get away with using the rest of the ship, under the right circumstances. Possibly.
    The files for the ship are already in the game, so yes it does work. My friend came on and walked around and it worked just fine. There's a few other unused ship models, even a whole space station - but I decided to go with this one. It's just a matter of editing the dropship files in the ship folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

25. Post #11625
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    What passes for "looks like a spaceship"? There's no drag in space so technically the optimal shape for a non combat spaceship is a cube.
    The Borg would be inclined to disagree...

26. Post #11626
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,501 Posts
    Usually spaceships have walls though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #11627
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,177 Posts
    What are some cool tech like walls wich I could use for the big spaceship mod?

Updated http://www.mediafire.com/download/ml...or%20Humans.7z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Romania Show Events

28. Post #11628
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    5,240 Posts

Someone needs to make the tardis interior as a spaceship then make the middle move up and down when you warp.

goddamit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #11629
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    25,640 Posts
    some of the names are amazing

I had

Badass Dudemaker

and Badass Deathmaker or something like that

30. Post #11630
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    8,838 Posts

The birdies.

Also I would've put those tombs with the stone bodies facing head to head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #11631
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,597 Posts
    most of the stuff in the protoss nexus like glitch dungeon would probably work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #11632
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,974 Posts
    There's a block literally called "high-tech block" I think.

You find it on those random small labs on the surface of planets.

33. Post #11633
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    482 Posts

Someone needs to make the tardis interior as a spaceship then make the middle move up and down when you warp.

goddamit.
    This will definetly happend, someone will make a Tardis ship mod for Starbound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #11634
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,892 Posts
    Soooo yeah the server crashed absolutely out of fucking nowhere, succesfully corrupting the save, ~6hrs of work lost, and I ain't building anything til this gets fixed.

TBH every other game at least saved/backed up somehow the server world every x minutes, even minecraft. fuck this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #11635
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,162 Posts
    Heh, crashed my own server by using the teleporter on a ship of someone who disconnected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #11636
    I just found a cardboard box hat.

My life is complete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #11637
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,084 Posts

The birdies.

That bird mask is about 1 block to the left of center line with no way of fixing that as I believe its 2 blocks wide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

38. Post #11638
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,974 Posts
    Soooo yeah the server crashed absolutely out of fucking nowhere, succesfully corrupting the save, ~6hrs of work lost, and I ain't building anything til this gets fixed.

TBH every other game at least saved/backed up somehow the server world every x minutes, even minecraft. fuck this
    The purge is almost here anyways, don't worry too hard about it.

Oh, and it's a beta man, they haven't squashed all the bugs yet.

39. Post #11639
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    851 Posts
    The birdies.

Also the whole bottom level is off center.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #11640

May 2013
    262 Posts

Do It Yourself Ships:

Or, you know you could use this to choose when you want a DIY ship so you don't have to overwrite all the races files. Yay!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)