1. Post #11561
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,811 Posts
    They need to add the ability to bank pixels, like the piggy bank/safe in Terraria. Or just in a container even.
    If they do that then they'll have to raise the prices aswell. Right now it's easy as hell to buy stuff because getting money really isn't hard at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #11562
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    i closed and reopened my game while i was in my ship and when i opened my singleplayer there was a random floran in my ship for some reason. he just daddled back and forth
    huh?
    Did you place down a spawner?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #11563
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES

August 2007
    5,412 Posts
    So do the coordinates of planets differ based on the server running the game, or are they seeds and a certain coordinate will always have a planet there regardless of server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #11564
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,784 Posts
    So do the coordinates of planets differ based on the server running the game, or are they seeds and a certain coordinate will always have a planet there regardless of server?
    Seeds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #11565
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    240 Posts
    Hey guys, got a server up and running, 24/7 presuming it doesn't crash at all.

Heres the IP:
    148.251.1.51:21065

Make sure you put the port on the end, couldn't get it to use default.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #11566
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,547 Posts
    The 74.91.127.48 is down?

Edited:

The 74.91.127.48 is down?
    nvm

7. Post #11567
    boop
    July 2009
    1,635 Posts

im gonna miss my lil bandit bird girl next wipe :c

Edited:

nevermind i just backed her up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #11568
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,220 Posts
    More on the update.

Tiy posted:
    So the big balance update is coming really soon,
    But we’ve managed to squeeze some other things in too.
    The XP bug is hopefully fixed.
    A new baby monster variant is added, we’ll be using this in the future to do some nifty growth/evolution things..

And a bunch of new weapons and items will be making it in too, maybe even a new boss.. we’ll see if we manage that one in time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #11569
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,811 Posts
    You guys do realize the reason it's a wipe is because they have to change the way the characters/ships are saved, right? They wouldn't wipe for no reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

10. Post #11570
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    10,643 Posts
    from the official Starbound forums in the comments section on the latest blog post:

The game gets boring fast, I went to 10 different planets, and it seems that Terraria is better, has more stuff, and was done in less time with less money. Mobs in Starbound have a few frames animation, the combat is really lacking, since you can just hit a mob, wait for him to come back and then hit it again, there is also the fact that the matter thingy is far worse than stone tools, you fight mobs the same way in all the planets, they just get recolored, new body parts, or something like that. Insteaed of upgrading the Matter Manipulator you made pickaxes, axes and hoes, because this is literally a Terraria Rip-Off. You can travel the whole Alhpa sector in 30 seconds, but when you try to travel to a planet of the same solar system, it takes 30 seconds too. The graphics are really lacking too, since you had a big budget and a lot of time to make them better, but you guys just wanted to use those cheap SNES-GBa graphics tier. Actually, Super Metroid looks better than this, and most GBA games do too. The game sucks, would be acceptable for a game made by 1 guy or 2. Hopefully, if someone wants to buy this game, think about it two times, and wait, since now it's just a game that lacks content.

You guys should really think about what is going to happen with the game. The "oh gosh, this monster is cute, i'm going to post in on the SB blog" thing it's not goign to make it better.
    WHY

this fellow has zero idea of what an early access beta is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11571
    Starbound Forums is a shithole anyway from what I've heard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #11572
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    2,055 Posts

im gonna miss my lil bandit bird girl next wipe :c

Edited:

Just because you backed her up doesnt mean she will work with the newest version of the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #11573
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,254 Posts
    With the movement nudge:

Without the movement nudge:

Jumps a lot higher, falls a lot slower essentially gliding, the visuals aren't the best. It mostly just for personal fun. Sounds match up with a banshee as well. Though if I were to ever give this out I'd want to fix the visuals and add more to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #11574
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    6,788 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the average user has no idea what Early Access means.

Starbound Forums is a shithole anyway from what I've heard
    I'm pretty sure that goes for all official forums. Such as Rust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #11575
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    That's very likely not going to help.

Edited:

With the movement nudge:

Without the movement nudge:

Jumps a lot higher, falls a lot slower essentially gliding, the visuals aren't the best. It mostly just for personal fun. Sounds match up with a banshee as well. Though if I were to ever give this out I'd want to fix the visuals and add more to it.
    It'll be even better when the hoverbikes get added.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #11576
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,254 Posts

Edited:

It'll be even better when the hoverbikes get added.
    Oh most definitely, I was thinking about making a constant gravity ball for a flyable Banshee but I'm not really sure how it'd pan out.

17. Post #11577
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    14,501 Posts
    I'm gonna stop playing until after the wipe, the one-shotting no matter how good your armor is bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

18. Post #11578
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,051 Posts
    from the official Starbound forums in the comments section on the latest blog post:

WHY

this fellow has zero idea of what an early access beta is.
    Said it before: Most people just see "Beta" or "Early Access Beta" or even "Alpha" as assume its a 100% complete game, they just used a "fancy" word to describe it being playable before schedule.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #11579
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    I'm gonna miss Ironheade. I just got him looking how I want :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #11580
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,277 Posts
    Did the wipe happen? Or when is it happening. I don't wanna play till after the wipe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

21. Post #11581
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,155 Posts
    I'm gonna stop playing until after the wipe, the one-shotting no matter how good your armor is bullshit.
    Wasn't the new update going to focus solely on fixing that issue you just said?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #11582
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    Did the wipe happen? Or when is it happening. I don't wanna play till after the wipe.
    No.

23. Post #11583
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    24,343 Posts
    jesus christ how many people are gonna ask each page, is it really that hard to check if your game updated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #11584
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    Wasn't the new update going to focus solely on fixing that issue you just said?
    Which is why he said he's not playing until the update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

25. Post #11585
    My stomach was making the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
    April 2010
    1,168 Posts
    I am kind of hoping for a wipe so I can give my human the awesome apex ship he deserves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #11586
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,277 Posts
    jesus christ how many people are gonna ask each page, is it really that hard to check if your game updated
    People were saying it was gonna happen in half a day yesterday :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

27. Post #11587
    Brought to you by the letter B
    December 2006
    11,068 Posts
    Yo yo yo, I got a good conversion for "Get Lucky". I just need someone with a saxophone or trumpet or something like that to play and record the song with me. Just add me on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #11588
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,051 Posts
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the damage balance was purposely bad(or in other words its supposed to be that there is no way to avoid getting 1 shotted in later sectors) to keep people from plowing through everything, then complaining that they aren't adding stuff fast enough. Not saying it as a negative, just that it was kind of an extreme measure if it actually was like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #11589
    May 2008
    971 Posts
    Some guy on the server gave me this last night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #11590
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    8,077 Posts
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the damage balance was purposely bad(or in other words its supposed to be that there is no way to avoid getting 1 shotted in later sectors) to keep people from plowing through everything, then complaining that they aren't adding stuff fast enough. Not saying it as a negative, just that it was kind of an extreme measure if it actually was like that.
    people still got to x sector within a day
    including me and my friend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #11591
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    6,358 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #11592
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    6,788 Posts
    Thats a really cool looking assault rifle.

Stats are a bit weak mind you, wouldn't take that into Sector 12...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #11593
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,400 Posts
    Did you not read how beta is going to work? There are going to be multiple character wipes.
    Wait, did they say when? Don't wanna be caught off guard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #11594
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,084 Posts
    Holy Shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #11595
    September 2007
    1,737 Posts

And how do you think it is now?

You just rush to highest level Avian Airship in your sector, grab best guns, go to a bit lower threat level planet, pimp the heck out of yourself and 1 hit kill every single creature (daylight and night ones).
    Build boss spawning thingy -> trap him / glitch him, shot from the save spot -> proceed to new sector and repeat the same thing.

I really dislike current Armor/Damage system, it's very simple to understand, yet it is awful.
    It limits what weapons you want to use... none will ever use a rare 3 levels lower weapon, if they got common one on the same level as mobs, as it will deal full damage, instead to what... 50-60% of base damage?

I know that they wanted to avoid horrendously big damage numbers, but in my humble opinion, I would prefer to deal 5173 dmg to a creature at 93 threat level, than 24 dmg with current system that negates the use of lower tier weapons.

I won't even start about armors, because 1 hit kill bullcrap on just a bit higher threat level planet is bad.

Can't wait for the update + wipe.
    Too bad, my "Last Stand" human colony, placed in fallout bunker on some god forsaken desert planet, will be wiped, but I'm all for new changes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #11596
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Thats a really cool looking assault rifle.

Stats are a bit weak mind you, wouldn't take that into Sector 12...
    Whoa whoa whoa, there's sectors above Sector X? How do you get there?

37. Post #11597
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,155 Posts
    If i look at the server log i can see people joining with weapons which do like 100 damage with a bullet speed of 10. :/

Also i said 8 players at max, not 34 players guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

38. Post #11598
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    6,788 Posts
    Whoa whoa whoa, there's sectors above Sector X? How do you get there?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #11599
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,782 Posts

yo da hero of da gears

modding is fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #11600
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,596 Posts
    I'm gonna miss my legendary grenade launcher that shot mini pigs with dynamites strapped to them which ran towards shit and exploded.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 3Useful Useful x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)