1. Post #35881
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,232 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #35882
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    I so fucking miss the old starmap. The new one is still pure shit. So bland, boring and confusing.

AAH THE OLD ONE LOOKS SO FUCKING GOOD. DE PLEASE BRING IT BACK!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #35883
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    10,177 Posts
    I so fucking miss the old starmap. The new one is still pure shit. So bland, boring and confusing.

I prefer the current one lol
    Cooler and better to navigate imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #35884
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    Cooler and better to navigate? lol what? I don't like the esc spamming, not to mention how fucking clumsy the nodes are. Navigating through all the planets with simple mouse drag was so much more enjoyable and faster. The new one is just plain confusing and looks retarded. How can I even tell the noobs how to unlock a planet when I don't even FUCKING know it myself? It's okay, I've only played this game since the first week of the open beta. Seeing where alerts/invasions are is annoyingly hard. And inviting people? It's a pain in the ass.

Warframe spent hundreds of hours in refining the old starmap and then they just SCRAP it completely. It feels like a huge "FUCK YOU" in the people's faces who actually worked for it.

At least make it optional god dammit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #35885
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,232 Posts
    my ideal would just be the old one transplanted to the liset

I loved the orbits (esp. versus the current ring of planets) and the nodes were easier to read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #35886
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    my ideal would just be the old one transplanted to the liset

I loved the orbits (esp. versus the current ring of planets) and the nodes were easier to read
    This. Implement the old starmap into liset and everything will be prime. Something like Mass Effect FFS.

The starmap is actually one of the few real annoyances at the moment in the game. I just loathe it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #35887
    September 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Cooler and better to navigate? lol what? I don't like the esc spamming, not to mention how fucking clumsy the nodes are. Navigating through all the planets with simple mouse drag was so much more enjoyable and faster. The new one is just plain confusing and looks retarded. How can I even tell the noobs how to unlock a planet when I don't even FUCKING know it myself? It's okay, I've only played this game since the first week of the open beta. Seeing where alerts/invasions are is annoyingly hard. And inviting people? It's a pain in the ass.

Warframe spent hundreds of hours in refining the old starmap and then they just SCRAP it completely. It feels like a huge "FUCK YOU" in the people's faces who actually worked for it.

Uhm, you unlock planets by killing bosses, there is nothing complicated in there.

Myself, I don't mind new map. It's practical and easier to navigate than older one, due to stationary planets. As far as I remember, they did move on their orbit, so once they were to the "south" from sun, other times they were to the "north". Not that it was any problem (probably everyone knows orbits of planets anyway), but current implementation is just easier to navigate once you learn where each of the planets' position is.
    However, I have to agree at one point. Old node mapping was nicer for an eye and navigation was easier, by the same statement I used above for new solar map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #35888
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,417 Posts
    occasionally my character just decides to randomly block off the left half of the screen with it's body when viewing the new starmap, making me unable to select/rotate most nodes unless i constantly rotate the view

happens with the foundry a lot of the time too where i can't read the credits costs on anything in the left column

Edited:

new starmap also likes to constantly select "earth" if i open up the map and try to select a different planet too quickly because i still have the "howl of the kubrow" quest there, and the game keeps telling me that i should do it (even though i've broken 200+ dens without a single egg so the quest is impossible to complete)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #35889
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,138 Posts

Mouse
    Wheel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #35890
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    occasionally my character just decides to randomly block off the left half of the screen with it's body when viewing the new starmap, making me unable to select/rotate most nodes unless i constantly rotate the view

happens with the foundry a lot of the time too where i can't read the credits costs on anything in the left column
    Yeah, happens all the time to me. Have to re-select foundry etc. to fix it. More time wasted just see how many Genetic Templates I actually have etc.

new starmap also likes to constantly select "earth" if i open up the map and try to select a different planet too quickly because i still have the "howl of the kubrow" quest there, and the game keeps telling me that i should do it (even though i've broken 200+ dens without a single egg so the quest is impossible to complete)
    You should do Mantle with Volt. Speed run though it and destroy the dens in the way > repeat. At least I find it easy to get an egg this way.

11. Post #35891

September 2014
    77 Posts
    have they ballanced shit yet though? Is boltor prime still the uber weapon whilst the braton prime is still worse than the karak. Are status chance mods still 2.5% per level, are eximus enemies interesting yet, has enemy variety improved... etc etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #35892
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    have they ballanced shit yet though? Is boltor prime still the uber weapon whilst the braton prime is still worse than the karak. Are status chance mods still 2.5% per level, are eximus enemies interesting yet, has enemy variety improved... etc etc.
    no yes yes no no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #35893
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,417 Posts
    You should do Mantle with Volt. Speed run though it and destroy the dens in the way > repeat. At least I find it easy to get an egg this way.
    i've at least gotten 100+ nav coordinates from the dens but not a single egg, and i've broken at least 200 or 250 (i can't tell because my codex entry for dens is also broken and support just said "lol we are aware of this issue") from speedrunning it over and over

i even have pretty much every kubrow mod, including 2 bites, but no egg

so kubrows and their dumb eggs can go have fun by themselves because apparently i'm not invited
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #35894
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    Uhm, you unlock planets by killing bosses, there is nothing complicated in there.
    Sure and how do I know which planet boss opens which planet? The last one had planets with a nice path leading to the next etc. The new one has nothing. Just random nodes randomly inside the planet with no direction to where to go.

i've at least gotten 100+ nav coordinates from the dens but not a single egg, and i've broken at least 200 or 250 (i can't tell because my codex entry for dens is also broken and support just said "lol we are aware of this issue") from speedrunning it over and over

i even have pretty much every kubrow mod, including 2 bites, but no egg

so kubrows and their dumb eggs can go have fun by themselves because apparently i'm not invited
    Well, that sucks. Last time I made a ran I even got two fucking eggs. Of course I couldn't pick the other one...

15. Post #35895
    September 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Sure and how do I know which planet boss opens which planet? The last one had planets with a nice path leading to the next etc. The new one has nothing. Just random nodes randomly inside the planet with no direction to where to go.

If you are a fresh player, with just Earth+Mercury unlocked.
    Once you beat the boss on Mercury, new planet unlocks.
    Then you kill boss there, new planet unlocks.
    Repeat.
    If you run out of planets with bosses that you haven't killed yet = no new planets to unlock.

Need information how to unlock specific planet?
    Yes, here can be a problem and I agree, there should be better representation which planets you are lacking and what's needed to unlock it..
    However as a fresh player, it shouldn't bother you, as you just slowly progress through the content. Once you reach mid game (MR of 4+) you should already have all planets unlocked.

But if it really does bother you, few searches on wiki will net you how to reach all of the planets - I know that's not the solution, however that is how us, players, community, help each other with information that is lacking ingame.

If you can't by looking for that map progression thingy, you have the same map from the wiki here, on the first post of this page (Page 898, Post #35881).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

16. Post #35896
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,417 Posts
    If you are a fresh player, with just Earth+Mercury unlocked.
    Once you beat the boss on Mercury, new planet unlocks.
    Then you kill boss there, new planet unlocks.
    Repeat.
    If you run out of planets with bosses that you haven't killed yet = no new planets to unlock.
    actually, some bosses you need to kill at least twice in order to unlock all of their planets

and there's no way you will know that unless you grind for warframe parts (which most people do anyways) or look up online that you need to kill the boss two+ times

17. Post #35897
    September 2007
    1,737 Posts
    actually, some bosses you need to kill at least twice in order to unlock all of their planets

and there's no way you will know that unless you grind for warframe parts (which most people do anyways) or look up online that you need to kill the boss two+ times

Really? Are there?

I did play some some boss runs on Venus or either Uranus and both nodes dropped at the same time, multiple times in a row (I just remember receiving multiple nodes from the same run few times in a row)...

So not sure about that, maybe RNG gods were grateful to give me nodes for already unlocked planets or they drop all the time.

18. Post #35898
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,417 Posts
    Really? Are there?

I did play some some boss runs on Venus or either Uranus and both nodes dropped at the same time, multiple times in a row (I just remember receiving multiple nodes from the same run few times in a row)...

So not sure about that, maybe RNG gods were grateful to give me nodes for already unlocked planets or they drop all the time.
    when i did uranus i got eris unlocked but not neptune
    so i had to run tyl regor again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #35899
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,805 Posts
    I'm so excited for the Archwing update. It'll be my first big update ever since I started playing and it sounds like it'll be a good one to have started off on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #35900
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,138 Posts
    Oh yeah, they're going to redo some of the rendering and art for Warframe.
    Apparently this rendering method is faster that than the current one and is compatible with old hardware.
    Before and after of corpus helmet in DX9
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

21. Post #35901
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    13,559 Posts
    And it works on DX9 too btw.

Edited:

That pic is even taken while using DX9.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

22. Post #35902
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,138 Posts
    And it works on DX9 too btw.

Edited:

That pic is even taken while using DX9.
    Okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

23. Post #35903
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    13,559 Posts
    Oh wait you mentioned it even already, I need to get eyes 2.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #35904
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    4,484 Posts
    Harlequin mirage helmet is up, 45 min.

Nevermind, alert app lied. It's just the arcane scorpion helmet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

25. Post #35905
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,862 Posts
    Harlequin mirage helmet is up, 45 min.
    That's what Twitter Says.

Game says:

ARCANE SCORPION HELMET BLUEPRINT -- Vodyanoi (Sedna) --- 45 MIN

26. Post #35906
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    Arcane? Uh-oh, I think DE messed up. I think it's meant to be the Mirage one, but for some reason it's the Scorpion one instead.

They said that Arcane helmets are gone for good right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #35907
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    13,559 Posts
    Yeah they messed something up, last time when they messed alert up so that it gave wrong item they made 24h alert with right item.

28. Post #35908
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,862 Posts
    Warframe has one god. That is RNG.

29. Post #35909
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,138 Posts
    Never have I played a game with UI clipping issues such as this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #35910
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,606 Posts
    I actually really wanted that Mirage helm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #35911
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    13,559 Posts
    I actually really wanted that Mirage helm
    You might have got it, I mean the BP you got isn't really Arcane Ash Scorpion helmet.

Edited:

Still maybe wait till crafting if DE has something to say.

Edited:

Orokin Catalyst VS Orokin Catalyst invasion begins in 3min.

32. Post #35912
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,266 Posts
    You might have got it, I mean the BP you got isn't really Arcane Ash Scorpion helmet.

Edited:

Still maybe wait till crafting if DE has something to say.

Edited:

Orokin Catalyst VS Orokin Catalyst invasion begins in 3min.
    'chu want for one of those Vanguard Helmet Blueprints?

EDIT: Okay you can't actually trade the blueprint itself, just the completed helmet. Regardless, 'chu want for one?

33. Post #35913
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,862 Posts
    I never really realized how spammy Dex Furis is!

Normal Weapon has 100/210 , with proper mods It can go 170/399.
    The RoF is crazy even with one mod.

34. Post #35914
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    13,559 Posts
    'chu want for one of those Vanguard Helmet Blueprints?

EDIT: Okay you can't actually trade the blueprint itself, just the completed helmet. Regardless, 'chu want for one?
    Those ain't mine, I just grabbed that image from steam community.

35. Post #35915
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    So will the Halloween colors be available to buy soon?

REACTOR BLUEPRINT on Caliban (Uranus) 93min

36. Post #35916
    September 2014
    86 Posts
    We can mute Ordis. Now how about the annoying ass Grineer transmissions? The voice actor sounds like Nathan Explosion if he got kicked in the dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #35917
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    We can mute Ordis. Now how about the annoying ass Grineer transmissions? The voice actor sounds like Nathan Explosion if he got kicked in the dick.
    Ordis is great, but the radio sucks balls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

38. Post #35918
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,487 Posts
    Nyx Pie finished cooking at least, good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #35919
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,238 Posts
    "Hmmmmmm, aaaaahhhh, yeeaaaaaaah, Tenno Skoom, aaaaaahhhh"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #35920
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,363 Posts
    On a mostly unrelated note, the introduction to Metro: Last Light made me realize how shitty an experience Nyx's Chaos must be for enemies.

(3:26)

Actually, probably of all the Tenno must seem pretty spooky to their enemies. Tune in Q4 2014 for Rafram Sputer 3033: Stay Close To The Walls, a thrilling new first person shooter from DE which puts you in the huge armored boots of Fanod, a Grineer shocktrooper born in the post-apocalyptic space future, who now finds his galaxy invaded by mysterious lifeforms known only as the Tenno. Can you help Fanod on his quest to warn the Queens of the Tenno invasion, and recover the Good Sword Of Glem, the ultimate weapon to defeat the Tenno once and for all?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)