1. Post #11841
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,866 Posts
    You read my post wrong. I meant why it wasn't 151Mew.jpg.
    Because the template names are different from the names they use for the final image. The webpage is built beforehand and looks for specific filenames, so the resulting files are given those names to avoid having to rewrite the page's code.

It's a pretty common practice when it comes to largely template-based ecosystems.

Edited:

Also, oh my GOD Drought Ninetales with Solarbeam is ridiculous. I'm really regretting skipping the TM until now, 120 damage one-turn 100% accuracy grass lasers are nothing to sneeze at.

Mine has IVs in Speed and Special Attack with a Timid (+Spd -Atk) nature as well, so even at a type disadvantage against Ground, Rock or Water I'd probably still win by being faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #11842
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,855 Posts
    How does she not see me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #11843
    June 2010
    35 Posts
    Stored Power Opinions?

Every stat boost ups base power by 20. Calm Mind ups 2 stats at once. Do the math.
    I was apprehensive at first due to the amount of time needed to set up compared to more powerful moves (ie: Psychic, Psyshock) , but I tried it on my Gardevoir and it works really well if you can get Calm Mind off a couple times or Baton Pass some stats.

I personally Baton Pass a couple Quiver Dances to Gardevoir, and can then sweep unranked online teams if they aren't prepared with a physical priority move. It could definitely be used pretty easily in-game as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

4. Post #11844
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,122 Posts
    Simple Swoobat with Stored Power kicks major ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

5. Post #11845
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,866 Posts
    It's funny. The kimono girls in the Battle Chateau, their Audino always seem to use Simple Beam against you in scenarios where that would immensely help you, such as against a SwordsDance Zangoose.

"Oh hey thanks, now I need one less turn to sweep you."

6. Post #11846
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    Dennab
    March 2009
    9,166 Posts
    I seriously cant take online battles, they make my blood boil, especially people who just bullshit in the worst kinds of ways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #11847
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,855 Posts
    Caught Xerneas with a Great ball.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

8. Post #11848
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,684 Posts
    Caught Xerneas with a Great ball.
    Box legendaries have a high catch rate.
    I caught Yvetal in one turn with a quick ball.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #11849
    So, what do you guys think, does a Steam group sound beneficial?
    for yes
    for no
    no

we already tried a steam group in the past and nobody used it. it's just not necessary when we have this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #11850
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,535 Posts
    I seriously cant take online battles, they make my blood boil, especially people who just bullshit in the worst kinds of ways.
    Speed Boost Tank Blaziken with Swords Dance, Protect, Focus Sash and Baton Pass and a Dragonite with Outrage and some sort of Power Boosting device
    HNNNNNG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #11851
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,913 Posts
    Box legendaries have a high catch rate.
    I caught Yvetal in one turn with a quick ball.
    I say again, I caught Yveltal with Poke Ball.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #11852
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,734 Posts
    My friend challenged me to make a team based around a Pokemon I would random.

I randomed Wailord.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

13. Post #11853
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,382 Posts
    Uh... how come Goomy learns so few Water-type moves? And it learns Muddy Water but NOT Surf? Nor Scald? It's a water-loving slime, come on.

It's the same as Tyrantrum not getting Outrage and learning Horn Drill... despite having no horns.

What kind of sorcery is this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #11854
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    3,800 Posts
    PM me if you want a perfect HP, Attack, defense, and speed IV mienfoo of adamant nature I have 3 pages from trying to breed a shiny
    4484-8592-6570

and they're all nicknamed so you get to take a bit of chaplin home
    This offer still stands, I still have plenty to go around

15. Post #11855
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,296 Posts
    Anyone wanna play a fun game of 'help me find out what safari pokemon I have'?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #11856
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,535 Posts
    My friend challenged me to make a team based around a Pokemon I would random.

I randomed Wailord.
    Wailord is one of the most underrated threats in the UU metagame. At a glance, it seems to have lackluster base defenses, even with its enormous base 170 HP, and only passable base offenses, which are further hindered by Wailord’s low base Speed stat of 60. However, if you take a closer look, it becomes clear that Wailord does actually have a niche in the UU metagame; its access to Water Spout, a powerful 150 Base Power move that is dependent on the user's HP at the time of use, allows Wailord to act as a destructive special attacker. By simply spamming Water Spout, Wailord can become a dangerous offensive threat to any team not prepared for it.
    So basically Perfect HP and Sp.Atk IVs (Preferably go for perfect everything if you can), Choice Specs/Scarf and 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/6 X EV spread, and spam the hell out of Water Spout.

Run a Tank/Stall with Rain Dance, Baton pass and Calm Mind, Spam Calm Mind and Run a Rain Dance, then Batonpass to Wailord after you set up. Spam Water Spout until either you wipe the enemy team, or Wailord KO's.
    Carry a type coverage Pokémon that can take out water counters(which will almost always be an electric type), like Gliscor with a Toxic Orb and Poison Heal

17. Post #11857
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    Dennab
    March 2009
    9,166 Posts
    Speed Boost Tank Blaziken with Swords Dance, Protect, Focus Sash and Baton Pass and a Dragonite with Outrage and some sort of Power Boosting device
    HNNNNNG
    I am outrageous dragonite :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #11858
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,535 Posts
    I am outrageous dragonite :v
    I should have clarified: those are in the same team, and they almost invariable baton pass to the Dragonite or some other Physical sweeper

19. Post #11859
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,684 Posts
    Uh... how come Goomy learns so few Water-type moves? And it learns Muddy Water but NOT Surf? Nor Scald? It's a water-loving slime, come on.

It's the same as Tyrantrum not getting Outrage and learning Horn Drill... despite having no horns.

What kind of sorcery is this?
    Lilligant can learn Flash, but is incapable of learning Dazzling Gleam.

If you can't see why exactly I find this stupid, allow me to quote both move descriptions.
    Flash posted:
    The user flashes a bright light that cuts the target's accuracy. It can also be used to illuminate caves.
    Dazzling Gleam posted:
    The user damages opposing Pokémon by emitting a powerful flash.
    These are essentially the exact same thing according to their descriptions, and it would be nice if my Lilligant could learn a damaging move that wasn't fucking grass.

Meanwhile, Whimsicott, its version counterpart, gets a new typing of Grass/Fairy and is running around in the Battle Maison moonblasting my Flygon to death.

Because of Lilligant not being capable of anything but grass moves, it is incredibly hard for me to find a reason to actually use it. Sure it's powerful, but it doesn't mean anything when Grass is NFE against all these fucking types.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #11860
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,122 Posts
    Raichu is in the fucking Fairy Egg Group and the only Fairy move it gets is Disarming Voice. Meanwhile, fucking DRAGALGE gets Play Rough. Seriously, THE FUCK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #11861
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,684 Posts
    Raichu is in the fucking Fairy Egg Group and the only Fairy move it gets is Disarming Voice. Meanwhile, fucking DRAGALGE gets Play Rough. Seriously, THE FUCK?
    you're fucking with me, right?
    because that is the dumbest thing i have heard all day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #11862
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,824 Posts
    Second flawless pokemon, a Modest Magic Guard Abra
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

23. Post #11863
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,122 Posts
    you're fucking with me, right?
    because that is the dumbest thing i have heard all day
    Nope, breed it with Azumarill.

Absol also gets it, but it makes a slighty bit of more sense (and Dark/Fairy makes for excellent coverage).

Still, Fairy fails HARD at the Dragon countering deal because nobody gets strong Fairy moves. It resisting Bug was unneeded (seriously, Bug and Grass are resisted by SEVEN FUCKING TYPES), and it resisting Dark and being SE against it wasn't really balanced, GHOST was the type that needed a new weakness and a new resistor.

24. Post #11864
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,817 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #11865
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,059 Posts

26. Post #11866
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,866 Posts
    Wait... Have these been posted yet?

Because OH MY GOD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

27. Post #11867
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    3,800 Posts
    Second flawless pokemon, a Modest Magic Guard Abra
    could you breed me a magic guard abra please? I'll settle for bad IVs/nature even, I just want the ability

28. Post #11868
    Dennab
    August 2012
    4,013 Posts
    Here's a couple more:
    http://puu.sh/5jxT1.png (spoilers)
    I'm lovin' Kyurem's new, vibrant palette.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #11869
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,059 Posts

Because OH MY GOD
    I believe the battle institute trainers can have any pokemon that is allowed in. Thats why some of them have those starters and legandarys you can't get yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #11870
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,382 Posts
    Lilligant can learn Flash, but is incapable of learning Dazzling Gleam.

If you can't see why exactly I find this stupid, allow me to quote both move descriptions.

These are essentially the exact same thing according to their descriptions, and it would be nice if my Lilligant could learn a damaging move that wasn't fucking grass.

Meanwhile, Whimsicott, its version counterpart, gets a new typing of Grass/Fairy and is running around in the Battle Maison moonblasting my Flygon to death.

Because of Lilligant not being capable of anything but grass moves, it is incredibly hard for me to find a reason to actually use it. Sure it's powerful, but it doesn't mean anything when Grass is NFE against all these fucking types.

Edited:

Wow, poor Lilly. I really hate when counterpart pokemon end up unequal, and it happens way too often. She gets Quiver Dance, yes, but if the only attack you can use that is not Grass-type is Hidden Power we have a problem.

Because OH MY GOD
    I ran into a Swampert once in the Battle Institute, along with a Serperior.

Its new cry doesn't sound at all like the old one, it's weird.

31. Post #11871
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,866 Posts
    Here's a couple more:

I'm lovin' Kyurem's new, vibrant palette.
    Please link the imageset. Hidden legendary spoilers.

32. Post #11872
    Dennab
    August 2012
    4,013 Posts
    Please link the imageset. Hidden legendary spoilers.
    Sorry about that, it was a bit selfish of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

33. Post #11873
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,866 Posts
    The other two Johto reps are looking pretty good too.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #11874
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,122 Posts
    May I ask for the source of those? I wanna get some Ctrl+R action.

35. Post #11875
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,382 Posts
    Nope, breed it with Azumarill.

Absol also gets it, but it makes a slighty bit of more sense (and Dark/Fairy makes for excellent coverage).

Still, Fairy fails HARD at the Dragon countering deal because nobody gets strong Fairy moves. It resisting Bug was unneeded (seriously, Bug and Grass are resisted by SEVEN FUCKING TYPES), and it resisting Dark and being SE against it wasn't really balanced, GHOST was the type that needed a new weakness and a new resistor.
    Making Fairy and Dark being weak against each other would've been cool, also that would've made Steel losing its Ghost and Dark resistances unnecesary

Edited:

You can find certain Battle Institute trainer that only uses starter pokemon, if you get lucky you get to see the currently unreleased ones.

36. Post #11876
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,866 Posts
    Meganium and Typhlosion were found here. I have no context for the other three, I wish I did.

That page also contains many more images of currently unobtainable (but NOT spoiler) pokemon, including Regice, the Lati duo, and Cobalion.

37. Post #11877
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    4,031 Posts
    Making Fairy and Dark being weak against each other would've been cool, also that would've made Steel losing its Ghost and Dark resistances unnecesary.
    To be fair though, Steel resisting Ghost didn't make a whole lot of sense. Last I checked ghosts went through things regardless of their hardness or shininess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #11878
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    4,512 Posts

Currently trying to breeze Elite 4 with only my Tyrantrum.

SEND HELP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

39. Post #11879
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,122 Posts
    Also, on the topic of unequal conterparts:

-Weepinbell needed a split evolution; Carnivine would had been PERFECT for that.

-Rhyhorn has Gravelerish stats and looks similar to evolved Pokemon such as Nidorino or Lairon. Rhydon has Golemish stats and looks similar to fully evolved Pokemon such as Nidoking or Aggron. An early-game preevo would have given more to the line than an evo which basically gives +10 in everything but speed, and permanently downgrades Rhydon's design (as a mega it would be fine).

-Jynx, well, it is an odd case. Closer to Mr.Mime than to Magmar and Electabuzz in terms of design, stats and method of capturing in RGBY; also, both it and Mr.Mime would have benefited more from an evolution than Magmar and Electabuzz (a 455 BST Pokemon could evolve just fine, a 495 one, well, would you evolve ALAKAZAM?). Still, Mr.Mime got a baby, so this one is stable.

-Rather than evolving Pinsir, Scyther shouldn't have gotten an evo. It should have gotten a preevo, and said preevo would have a branched evolution, Scizor being an alternative one. And of course, Pinsir should have gotten a preevo to share with Heracross. Having a 500 BST in Little Cup is enough.

-Sneasel had to be a version exclusive back in GSC, mirroring Gligar, and not gimmicky Delibird. Oh well, now it is fixed.

-Skarmory would enjoy a baby now that Mantyke exists.

-Sableye didn't get a Mega. And it could evolve in the future, while Mawile will never evolve now.

-Dusclops got an evo, fairly wasted, but an evo. Banette has the same BST, but now will NEVER get an evo. Has a mega, but, Dusclops has an evo.

-Milotic has no Mega.

-Lilligant is now the only 480 BST, version exclusive, stone-evolving Grass type to be a pure Grass. It'd enjoy being a Grass/Fairy, to be honest.

And then, there's the whole deal with starter megas (fuck Charizard), pseudo legend megas, legend megas (fuck Mewtwo), etc...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #11880
    that guy that wants to fuck the robot the most
    August 2009
    9,092 Posts

goom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17 (list)