1. Post #5721
    Ever been to Pandora? Its full of midgets
    January 2012
    1,130 Posts
    When you are playing vs Saxton hale and the current hale just chases you...and chases you, and gawd damn chases you and ignore everyone else just cause you are playing scout. Meanwhile 6 snipers are happily taking pop shots at him, and when the hale dies they go "man what a Scunt, all he did was run and gun instead of fight like a man"

"wanker, you died cause you locked onto me letting those 6 snipers destroy your health..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #5722
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts

Typical ''premium'' player
    Ohey that's my spray!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lebanon Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #5723
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts

kuma's the heavy that capped the point with lethax, his medic buddy, and helmet's a shitty scout who did the schadenfreude taunt behind them when he could've defended

he had a black painted track terrorizer and some flashy hat i can't remember, also notice the premium

kuma typed "<3" right afterward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #5724
    March 2013
    7,071 Posts
    Got quickfix ubered.
    Died while ubered.
    And the sound. Kept. Playing.
    Also, when certain sounds decide to not play anymore, like explosions, uncloak sounds, shots, all that important stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

5. Post #5725
    Blue Member

September 2011
    3,661 Posts
    Got quickfix ubered.
    Died while ubered.
    And the sound. Kept. Playing.
    Also, when certain sounds decide to not play anymore, like explosions, uncloak sounds, shots, all that important stuff.
    snd_restart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #5726
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,029 Posts
    Been playing this game for four years and last night I pulled off what had to be my greatest shot ever when playing as Demoman... only for replays to not be supported on that server. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #5727
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    5,819 Posts
    what is with every mvm server i go, theres some asshole trying to kick me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #5728
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    3,337 Posts
    Is this your loadout?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #5729
    July 2011
    77 Posts
    Revolvers' reload animation.

It's way too obstructive, even worse with auto-reload on.
    You can turn the viewmodel off for your spy primary. Plenty of scripts for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events

10. Post #5730
    August 2013
    180 Posts
    When this happens on 2fort:

Grab intel, get killed, rush to get it again, suddenly there's a fucking abundance of heavies, soldiers, demos, pyros and engies defending it, and they don't even bother trying to capture the blu/red intel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5731
    August 2012
    1,106 Posts

Grab intel, get killed, rush to get it again, suddenly there's a fucking abundance of heavies, soldiers, demos, pyros and engies defending it, and they don't even bother trying to capture the blu/red intel.
    "Why bother grabbing their intel if they can't get ours?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

12. Post #5732
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    "Why bother grabbing their intel if they can't get ours?"
    "It'll be the seven hour war all over again..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

13. Post #5733
    Ever been to Pandora? Its full of midgets
    January 2012
    1,130 Posts

or the opposite happens
    Score on the intel, YOUR team decides to have everyone camp YOUR intel...for 20 more minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #5734
    November 2012
    2,949 Posts
    There is always a Sentry Gun in 2Fort that can't be destroyed.
    Sometimes because it is surrounded by Engineers 24/7, other times is just your team's lazyness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #5735
    September 2012
    1,152 Posts
    Other times because it is in the skybox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #5736
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    Sniping people with high ping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5737
    Dennab
    August 2013
    4,230 Posts
    Playing on turbine with a regular who's a really good soldier and I'm pocketing him (Not "le only heal him" pocketing, don't go hanging me for being his "stupid butt buddy") We keep going for the intel and capping. Some kid just calls us stupid tryhards for capping, on our own team no less. Ugh, I really hate the word tryhard. It's dumb, can we stop using it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #5738
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,956 Posts

Another scammer, I mean, come on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5739
    Dennab
    August 2013
    4,230 Posts
    He might've just been ignorant and thought you could trade steam wallet funds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #5740
    October 2012
    251 Posts
    He didn't look like a scammer

also no one gives a shit about bill's hat, no scammer would waste the time on them, as a professional scammer irl I would know

He might've just been ignorant and thought you could trade steam wallet funds.
    You can

Set a crate or cheapo item for ~$15, buy it, trade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5741
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    148 Posts
    Technically a cross post from the things I love thread, but on a pub server I was playing on today, my team was defending. We were holding off on the second point well (Goldrush map1 if it means anything) when someone joined. You get that a lot, you know, so I ignored it .. until once he joined he started bashing the team for their choices and trying to assert dominance over what classes people should play, claiming that the team was going to lose because we "had two spies". I was one of those spies. I ended up #1 MVP when we won, with the other spy following in MVP #2.

Some people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #5742
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    The fact the razorback is STILL broken in MVM.

I'd be nice to have for the waves that you don't need jarate, but have a ass ton of spies. Hell, what's that guy's (Eric?) email that people send bug reports to? Its been over a year now and that ain't fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

23. Post #5743
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,842 Posts
    all he did was run and gun instead of fight like a man"
    When Demoknights say this. Their weapons were specifically made to be viable against guns anyway, why should we give you the advantage? I'll gladly "fight like a man", but lose the Eyelander with 5 heads + Splendid Screen + Bootlegger/Booties. True men fight with the Fan O'War.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #5744
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,208 Posts
    True men fight with the Fan O'War.
    Damn Right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #5745
    It's not gay unless balls are touching
    February 2013
    2,299 Posts
    Those "so mlg" guys who kill themself as soon as they're in rough territory. Especially when someone goes to taunt kill them while they're taunting. What is that 'fun' thing again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #5746
    November 2012
    2,949 Posts
    When MvM got released, I thought they were going to add a KOTH map where Robots will appear eventually and attack both teams or a survival game mode where Robots where trying to kill you.

But not.
    Instead we got a laggy clusterfuck of robots and people complaining because we don't have enough heavies to pass from the first wave.

I still hope that Valve will add a variation to MvM that isn't just defense.
    I want to kill robots without having to worry about a point that gets captured in 3 seconds.

Apologize if I disagree with Facepunch thoughts about how good MvM is, but, even after a whole MvM update, I'm still disappointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

27. Post #5747
    Top 2hu
    October 2010
    657 Posts
    The fact that the Sydney Sleeper doesn't have a slow/AoE effect. Some people can't headshot with the Heatmaker, you know. Besides, being Piss Sniper is pretty fun

When MvM got released, I thought they were going to add a KOTH map where Robots will appear eventually and attack both teams or a survival game mode where Robots where trying to kill you.

But not.
    Instead we got a laggy clusterfuck of robots and people complaining because we don't have enough heavies to pass from the first wave.

I still hope that Valve will add a variation to MvM that isn't just defense.
    I want to kill robots without having to worry about a point that gets captured in 3 seconds.

Apologize if I disagree with Facepunch thoughts about how good MvM is, but at the least, even after a whole MvM update, I'm still disappointed.
    I really want an Offensive/Killing Floor-esque MvM mode where you play as BLU team. That trailer tease still pisses me off even today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

28. Post #5748
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    Those "so mlg" guys who kill themself as soon as they're in rough territory. Especially when someone goes to taunt kill them while they're taunting. What is that 'fun' thing again?
    They'd rather have a suicide on their record than soemone killing them.

You have to keep in mind that this game is their life, and they probably haven't seen the sun in a few months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

29. Post #5749
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,458 Posts
    this infuriates me. ive had guys kill my teammates, and when im about to go in for the vengeance kill they suicide.

Edited:

The fact that the Sydney Sleeper doesn't have a slow/AoE effect. Some people can't headshot with the Heatmaker, you know
    sydney really needs this. this way its not completely useless compared to machina or heatmaker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #5750
    November 2012
    2,949 Posts
    There is plenty of people that can't accept losing.
    This is really common on most of the actual FPS Games.

You just, don't want to lose.
    You can't accept that a someone or some people is better than you or did a better work.

I captured the intel two times, killed around 30 enemies without dying, and then a Pyro comes from nowhere and tries to kill me with a single hit.

When a player leaves the server/suicides before getting killed, it's like a way to keep their dignity, even if they are watched as bad losers.

Also, always remember that Bad Winners are generally Bad Losers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #5751
    Dennab
    August 2013
    4,230 Posts
    I'm just gonna say it

I really hate the competitive hating circlejerk that happens on here. Seriously, it's guys just playing a video game. YEah there's a few assholes in the bunch, but there's assholes everywhere. THey're just a dumb vocal minority. Please just stop saying "omg stupid mlg no-life tryhards". I don't understand where the notion that "competitive players = assholes" came from, because most competitive players I met are pretty cool guys. Hell, it somes that some people even go to assume "Asshole in pub = competitive mlg idiot". It's like judging the entire My Little Pony fandom because of all the shitheads. Yes, there are shithead bronies who really just need to leave, but there are bronies who just enjoy watching a show and have a pony avatar or something. IF you've had a bad experience playing TF2lobby or something, well, that really isn't the competitive community as a whole. If you want to see the real competitive community, join up with a team that seems cool, play a bit, and see how it is. Yes, there are assholes who spam keybinds (although I personally don't mind them as long as they're in good taste) but then there are the guys who give you a good match and aren't assholes about victory. Also, if you haven't already, go read the "Misconceptions about 6v6" thread, it'll tell you a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

32. Post #5752
    sydney really needs this. this way its not completely useless compared to machina or heatmaker.
    I'm quite sure that Sleeper already does this, might need to test that out some time though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

33. Post #5753
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,031 Posts
    I'm just gonna say it

I really hate the competitive hating circlejerk that happens on here. Seriously, it's guys just playing a video game. YEah there's a few assholes in the bunch, but there's assholes everywhere. THey're just a dumb vocal minority. Please just stop saying "omg stupid mlg no-life tryhards". I don't understand where the notion that "competitive players = assholes" came from, because most competitive players I met are pretty cool guys. Hell, it somes that some people even go to assume "Asshole in pub = competitive mlg idiot". It's like judging the entire My Little Pony fandom because of all the shitheads. Yes, there are shithead bronies who really just need to leave, but there are bronies who just enjoy watching a show and have a pony avatar or something. IF you've had a bad experience playing TF2lobby or something, well, that really isn't the competitive community as a whole. If you want to see the real competitive community, join up with a team that seems cool, play a bit, and see how it is. Yes, there are assholes who spam keybinds (although I personally don't mind them as long as they're in good taste) but then there are the guys who give you a good match and aren't assholes about victory. Also, if you haven't already, go read the "Misconceptions about 6v6" thread, it'll tell you a lot.
    Important point here - a great big portion of this "minority" you speak of are actually competitive wannabes. i used to hang out and cut my teeth on a server frequented by pretty much most of the Euro competitive scene, teams were formed based on the mutual respect people had for one another skills in that server. The real knobs aren't the competitive ones at all, which is why you always see tof ind so many of those kinds of assholes with "LFT" in their names.

I've personally watched a few of these "mlg tryhards" get their asses handed to them by some of the nicest comp guys I know. The real talent only need to show their skill for you to respect them. The talentless are the ones that rely on belittling their opponents to make them submissive, which usually never works.

People who are "pub tryhards"/pubstars are stuck in a skill ceiling limbo themselves - they do not wish to commit to a game that might take their skills (which are essentially useless in the real world, let's face it) to the next level, but through practise have improved their skills to out DM the average public server player. They might not last a minute in a Proper competitive server in the beginning(but with time and drastic changes to playstyle, this too, changes), but they have enough DM skill to atleast hold their own on a public server where intel gathering and comms are virtually non-existent.

I don't hate the competitive players - I like their skill, know a few of them and learn from them. But the assholes who ruin the game for others do not represent them to me because they lack the maturity to be a player of high skill. As such, they are merely opponents with a big gaping weakness - their ego. Target that and you can win, regardless of your skill level. It's what I do,and I enjoy it because when I was brash myself, some of the players better than me have also cut me down to size as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events

34. Post #5754
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    2,455 Posts
    this:

you should know what I'm selling, YOU added me. fucking clowns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #5755
    May 2013
    77 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #5756
    September 2013
    224 Posts
    European Competitive Spies.

Every goddamn forum, frag video, Spy guide, etc... I see these Euro "Gunspy" 1337pr0s bashing NA players and basically making fun of anyone who uses the knife.

It's sickening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #5757
    July 2011
    77 Posts
    Important point here - a great big portion of this "minority" you speak of are actually competitive wannabes. i used to hang out and cut my teeth on a server frequented by pretty much most of the Euro competitive scene, teams were formed based on the mutual respect people had for one another skills in that server. The real knobs aren't the competitive ones at all, which is why you always see tof ind so many of those kinds of assholes with "LFT" in their names.
    Sounds like you are using the no true Scotsman fallacy to defend these players. I've been raged and shit talked at by top division players before in pubs. These people are far more skilled than me yet they still go out of their way to shit talk me. Of course there are nice competitive players out there but from an outsider's perspective, your idea of high level players is far too idealistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events

38. Post #5758
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,461 Posts
    The fact that the Sydney Sleeper doesn't have a slow/AoE effect. Some people can't headshot with the Heatmaker, you know. Besides, being Piss Sniper is pretty fun

I really want an Offensive/Killing Floor-esque MvM mode where you play as BLU team. That trailer tease still pisses me off even today
    Yes: Carry a bomb into THEIR spawn vehicle. I'd love that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #5759
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    Yes: Carry a bomb into THEIR spawn vehicle. I'd love that.
    I feel like that would be too similar to payload against bots.

Now that Gray controls mann co, it could be raids on mann co buildings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #5760
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    wrong thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)