1. Post #14441
    The issue with this is you would end up with only two nations really worth playing (with the British occasionally building something really wacky but not really dogfighting material like the Harrier or the Lightning) constantly leapfrogging eachother, with very little proper matchups. Japan and Germany would get absolutely no progression for an extremely long time (and no nobody wants three trees of american jets fighting eachother). Not to mention it would handle like a completely different game, and there is even more shit for the flight modelling to fuck up.

As a seperate game it'd be fun (Gaijin should liscence out the mouse-aim system imo it's really good), but not as a part of WT.
    It's not like thats how it already is anyways. Japan and Germany are getting cop-outs as their top tiers and Russia and America already rule the jet tiers as it is anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #14442
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts

huehuehuehuehue

3. Post #14443
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Wait so are planes actually use-able in Tonks Beta? I've tried to fly my JU87, but it keeps saying no spawn point. Does it have to be RB's?

4. Post #14444
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    Wait so are planes actually use-able in Tonks Beta? I've tried to fly my JU87, but it keeps saying no spawn point. Does it have to be RB's?
    the spawns in arcade are still fucked, but you can respawn in RB because of the new spawn system.

5. Post #14445
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,673 Posts
    The issue with this is you would end up with only two nations really worth playing (with the British occasionally building something really wacky but not really dogfighting material like the Harrier or the Lightning) constantly leapfrogging eachother, with very little proper matchups. Japan and Germany would get absolutely no progression for an extremely long time (and no nobody wants three trees of american jets fighting eachother). Not to mention it would handle like a completely different game, and there is even more shit for the flight modelling to fuck up.

As a seperate game it'd be fun (Gaijin should liscence out the mouse-aim system imo it's really good), but not as a part of WT.
    I've given a "Cold War Thunder" a lot of thought, and basically I came to the same conclusion. Due to the speeds involved, guided missiles, and nations involved, it would be essentially a whole new game if it were rolled into the current game. It would have to exist in its own bubble.

Gaijin shouldn't be the one to attempt this game, they already have trouble handling what they have and continue to have the shortsighted belief that they don't need to hire new people. What I would love to see though, is somebody use the War Thunder engine and expand it to model things like radars and guided missiles so we could have a Cold War Thunder. I've always liked modern jets more than WWII planes, and after seeing War Thunder nail (conceptually anyway) what "World of Tanks in the sky" should be, I've been dreaming for a game of this format but in the Cold War.

There's so much wacky and fun shit that the US and Soviet Union were doing at the time, and it would be easily split up into distinctive eras or generations for matchmaking purposes.

Maybe now that we're getting a literal World of Cold War Tanks in Armored Warfare there's a better chance for one about Cold War jets?   

6. Post #14446
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    When does the nightly server close on Thursdays?

7. Post #14447
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    873 Posts
    I want a blue Swastika for my P-36
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

8. Post #14448
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,805 Posts
    Just stumbled upon into something in the tonk client I haven't noticed before
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

yes, i manually typed all those
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #14449
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    Just stumbled upon into something in the tonk client I haven't noticed before

What in the fuck

10. Post #14450
    I want a blue Swastika for my P-36
    And you won't get it either, because that was another symbol of the evil ancestor killers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #14451
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,805 Posts
    What in the fuck
    The sooner more low-Era nations get rockets and fun payloads, the better.

Swordfish III with 6 x RP-3 rockets WHEN.   

12. Post #14452
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    The sooner more low-Era nations get rockets and fun payloads, the better.
    Shit the F-2's 15mm cannon already has pretty good armor penetration, combined with those rockets and you might get away with being a ground attack plane.

I gotta test this next time the server is up.

Swordfish III with 6 x RP-3 rockets WHEN.   
    Good god man.

13. Post #14453
    It's about time the Germans started getting some rockets.

BF110 rockets when

14. Post #14454
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts
    It's about time the Germans started getting some rockets.

BF110 rockets when
    If the Bf 110 gets rockets I can die a happy man. I'm well into tier III for Germans and I still fly the 110. It's such a fun plane!

15. Post #14455
    January 2011
    1,532 Posts
    Is it worth to put the Bf109 K4 in service, or is it the same pile of dogshit as the G10? [RB]

Edit:
    It's a miracle, I finally got a good round with this piece of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #14456
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,805 Posts
    Good god man.
    My mistake. 8 x RP-3.

fuckin' when. And while you're at it, let the Mk 1 carry SOMETHING OTHER THAN A SINGLE TORPEDO. It doesn't even get naval maps that often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #14457
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts

Hot damn that's efficient.

18. Post #14458
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,673 Posts

Hot damn that's efficient.
    I love flying the F-2 because it's the only fighter I know of that after killing stuff in the air, it can start popping tanks with ease and doesn't even having to reload to change belts. The F-2's cannon is a miracle of the universe. Of the 109's I own (Up to the G-6), it's hands down my favorite.

19. Post #14459
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,055 Posts
    If the Bf 110 gets rockets I can die a happy man. I'm well into tier III for Germans and I still fly the 110. It's such a fun plane!
    It would be funner to fly if it wasn't a flying airbrake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #14460
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    It would be funner to fly if it wasn't a flying airbrake.
    since they changed compressibility again on the tank server the 110 is actually pretty fast.

21. Post #14461
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,055 Posts
    since they changed compressibility again on the tank server the 110 is actually pretty fast.
    Non-CBT adequate enough race here. Sounds good though, might have to reintroduce the 110 back into the fold at one point after 1.39 drops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #14462
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    Non-CBT adequate enough race here. Sounds good though, might have to reintroduce the 110 back into the fold at one point after 1.39 drops.
    it can gain energy and maintain it much better now, one loitering over the tank zone can be very hazardous to bombers if left alone, this in combination with the Russians not having AA at the moment means that if the germans win air superiority there really isn't anything the russians can do about it if they don't bring any planes or lose them all.

also the damage model for all planes has seen a SHARP lethality increase, like 20mm cannons make prop planes feel like they have the durability of jets.

23. Post #14463
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,237 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is so pretty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

24. Post #14464
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts
    Shit the F-2's 15mm cannon already has pretty good armor penetration, combined with those rockets and you might get away with being a ground attack plane.

I gotta test this next time the server is up.

Good god man.
    I fired the full barrage at a T-34 and killed him but then plowed through some trees. I am pretty sure that the rockets have the worst velocity and explosive damage of all weapons currently in the game.

Also, is it me or are all the planes handling far more "floaty" in the 1.40 test? They feel more like actual vehicles in fluid rather than on railroad tracks. Less responsive but in what I suppose is a realistic way. Reminds me of IL-2 a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

25. Post #14465
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    I fired the full barrage at a T-34 and killed him but then plowed through some trees.

Is it me or are all the planes handling far more "floaty" in the 1.40 test? They feel more like actual vehicles in fluid rather than on railroad tracks. Less responsive but in what I suppose is a realistic way. Reminds me of IL-2 a bit.
    my guess is they've been conditioning the playerbase for this, because I remember when 1.37 rolled in planes handled noticeably differently and the tank server continues to go in this direction.

26. Post #14466
    December 2009
    1,723 Posts
    This makes me want to get into the closed beta just so I can shoot battleships out of the water with a KV-2.

27. Post #14467
    Seriously

My friends and I like to fly in squadrons of 4 and fly all the same plane and dominate realistic matches. Lately we've been flying I-16's and ripping apart everyone and everything. Doing the same with BF110's would be baller, but they're just not heavily armed enough for my taste.

Edited:

are the TB-3's coming next patch?

28. Post #14468
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,172 Posts
    I just spent ages grinding the G-6 in RB to get the G-10, was expecting it to be amazing but it's not great so far.

What's your guys opinion on the G-10?

29. Post #14469
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,055 Posts
    it can gain energy and maintain it much better now, one loitering over the tank zone can be very hazardous to bombers if left alone, this in combination with the Russians not having AA at the moment means that if the germans win air superiority there really isn't anything the russians can do about it if they don't bring any planes or lose them all.

also the damage model for all planes has seen a SHARP lethality increase, like 20mm cannons make prop planes feel like they have the durability of jets.
    That's brilliant, the 110 hemorrhages energy as soon as you pull out of a dive. This'll probably give it a fighting chance in low-altitude level flight.

30. Post #14470
    January 2010
    1,874 Posts
    I spent all day yesterday grinding for Ju 87 G1, I love how the 37mm's make the plane wiggle when you fire them.

31. Post #14471
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,237 Posts

so much what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #14472
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts
    but they're just not heavily armed enough for my taste.
    Sounds like the 217's your man

33. Post #14473
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,805 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is so pretty
    fuck you I was scrolling fast and it made me think they were adding the German Condor. I need more sleep.

34. Post #14474
    January 2010
    1,874 Posts
    It's so hard to catch people in this thing but when you finally tag someone it's glorious

I'm not good at making gifs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #14475
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,805 Posts
    Anyone every use the bomb tracking button on rockets?

Weird shit happens.

This video has been removed by the user.
    holy fuck it was for one second (yer2fast) because Google+ forced it's dick into my youtube , split my account, and moved all my vidya to the new shitty account.

This wouldn't be an issue if, recently, it hadn't started logging me into the old and barren account constantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #14476
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    8,251 Posts

Weird shit happens.

This video has been removed by the user.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #14477
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    873 Posts
    And you won't get it either, because that was another symbol of the evil ancestor killers.
    How is it evil? Finland didn't do anything wrong in ww2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

38. Post #14478
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,148 Posts
    How is it evil? Finland didn't do anything wrong in ww2
    Because of the similarity with nazi swastika.

Edited:

Also it's pretty damn naive to say that country didn't do anything wrong during WW2, every country has its secrets. Finland did hand over jews and POWs to Nazi Germany which were then disposed in death camps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #14479
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts

Weird shit happens.

holy fuck it was for one second (yer2fast) because Google+ forced it's dick into my youtube , split my account, and moved all my vidya to the new shitty account.

This wouldn't be an issue if, recently, it hadn't started logging me into the old and barren account constantly.
    It started logging me into the Gmail enabled account instead of the YouTube one I had since ever. Seriously, I am getting tired of Google's shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #14480
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,406 Posts
    It started logging me into the Gmail enabled account instead of the YouTube one I had since ever. Seriously, I am getting tired of Google's shit.
    This happens to me every fucking single time i try to browse Youtube. Annoying as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)