1. Post #19241
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,773 Posts
    And a whole 1 month later they are going to revert the jetpack side of things.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6159

Considering that coders are literally Satan that would rather kill fun for the sake of 'haha realism' it's kind of a big step on changing movement back. It won't get merged if ever until the 4th because of the code freeze (which has been broken several times but whatever) so sorta gotta live with slow jetpack for a bit.

Space wind is apparently what causes you to get sucked out with 0 way back in, and I do hope it gets nerfed but I sort of doubt it.
    It still doesn't make up for the area of play that literally has been killed for the sake of doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #19242
    November 2012
    1,333 Posts

NO TOMORROW

Edited:

That was a great stress test, glad to see the server could handle all that abysmal shit going on at once, server should be way less laggier since the power nets got tweaked.

3. Post #19243
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,711 Posts

NO TOMORROW

Edited:

that was really fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #19244
    November 2012
    1,333 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #19245
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,797 Posts
    WOOP

WOOP

ASS DAY

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #19246
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,703 Posts
    On the subject of broken shit.

Buttbots don't buttalk.

How can I immerse myself in a game about 2dspacemeng murdericating eachohter wth whatever shit comes to hand if a little arse on roller saktes nearby doesn't repeat what i say but replacing a few random words with butt?

"HELP! CLOWN KILLING ME IN MEDBAY!"

Butt! Clown Killing Butt in Butt!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #19247
    November 2012
    1,333 Posts
    On the subject of broken shit.

Buttbots don't buttalk.

How can I immerse myself in a game about 2dspacemeng murdericating eachohter wth whatever shit comes to hand if a little arse on roller saktes nearby doesn't repeat what i say but replacing a few random words with butt?

"HELP! CLOWN KILLING ME IN MEDBAY!"

Butt! Clown Killing Butt in Butt!
    That's getting fixed at some point too, as well as it independent movement for the buttbots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #19248
    Ling flesh mend doesn't regenerate butts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #19249
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,797 Posts
    There should be a way to clone people from significant amounts of blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #19250
    September 2012
    1,537 Posts
    There should be a way to clone people from blood.
    Botany has plant pods that can have blood injected into the seeds to create a makeshift cloner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #19251
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,326 Posts
    the station needs a blood bank, so that replicant seeds are actual feasible.

Edited:

Maybe even a Traitor objective to steal a sample of X's blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

12. Post #19252
    July 2014
    431 Posts
    Found this on tumblr with only 34 likes.

Not sure who made it, but the original poster's name was MrStickHarrison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #19253
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,747 Posts
    Just putting this out there, it would be easier to track bugs if you made something like a google excel thing so we can just add to it as we find stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #19254
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    10,478 Posts
    The 25th century is a dangerous time to be alive. Roving gangs of heavily armed space-groundskeepers rocket through the cosmos on their customized spacefaring lawnmowers, leaving nothing but destruction in their wake.

Here we see two such individuals, in the process of touching tips in an arcane knowledge transfer ritual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #19255
    October 2009
    177 Posts

probably been posted before but when the shuttle is called
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #19256
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,376 Posts

Way ahead of you.

Quite scary how accurate it is really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #19257
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,536 Posts
    Looks like I missed something really incredible last night.

18. Post #19258
    February 2012
    840 Posts
    AAAAHHHH MOTHERLAND

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19259
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,573 Posts
    It still doesn't make up for the area of play that literally has been killed for the sake of doing it.
    And that it doesn't. The person that made the pull to change space is stubborn as all fuck and the explanation for him not changing it back is because "haha there has been no useful feedback and you shouldn't have to go to space anyway without a jetpack lol B~)".

Edited:

Like seriously, I'm hoping that there is change with /tg/'s coderbus to actually listen to the community and not have a "higher than thou" attitude to everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #19260
    September 2012
    208 Posts
    And that it doesn't. The person that made the pull to change space is stubborn as all fuck and the explanation for him not changing it back is because "haha there has been no useful feedback and you shouldn't have to go to space anyway without a jetpack lol B~)".

Edited:

Like seriously, I'm hoping that there is change with /tg/'s coderbus to actually listen to the community and not have a "higher than thou" attitude to everything.
    The guy who's made the change knows he's fucked up, he just can't admit it.

21. Post #19261
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,536 Posts
    The jetpack the nuke ops get is fucking abysmal. I filled mine to max, but it still emptied after 30 seconds and killed me.

Edited:

Ruins every single fucking nuke ops round for me. It's always the fucking jetpack that uses 1,000 kpa of air / second.

22. Post #19262
    February 2012
    840 Posts

ACHTUNG
    PANZER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

23. Post #19263

November 2014
    1,010 Posts
    Oh crap, I thought it was steal an entire canister.

I took every goddamn plasma tank I could find, filled it to max, and filled up 3 satchels of the things and I wasn't even halfway done on the canister. I gave up at that point.
    you need to have three bags of holding each filled with 7 backpacks with full plasma tanks, plus an oxygen tank emptied and carried in your suit storage on a hardsuit. That's only 7*7*3=147+1=148 full plasma tanks. Better get started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #19264
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,536 Posts

made this while on lots of meth, and 90 hits of LSD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #19265
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    January 2014
    1,880 Posts
    -nevermind-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #19266

November 2014
    1,010 Posts
    A hive mind is by definition a single consciousness

so why can lings on TG kill each other? Revs can't kill revs, nuke ops can't kill nuke ops. I was just quietly doing genetics research when the HOS bursts in a lasers me to death and cremates me. I never left genetics the entire round. There's no point in the hivemind when all it does is fuck people. It'd be better if the objectives were communal like with EVERY other antag group that has any method of communication.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #19267
    January 2008
    10,478 Posts

ACHTUNG
    PANZER
    Is that sprite ripped from anything in particular, or original?

28. Post #19268
    February 2012
    840 Posts
    Most likely ripped from something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #19269
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts

made this while on lots of meth, and 90 hits of LSD
    Are you an Anime?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #19270
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,536 Posts
    Are you an Anime?
    Yes I am an animu.

Also the new update to the movement (especially talking about the test server) is amazing. Great job Lawli, and hippie team.

31. Post #19271
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,703 Posts
    That's getting fixed at some point too, as well as it independent movement for the buttbots.
    Robuttics 2: Buttment Butt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #19272
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,272 Posts
    That gives me an idea - it would be nice if the janitor could have a street cleaner that you could load with water / space cleaner / space lube and just drive over blood trails to clean them. Would be a lot easier to keep the station neat.

33. Post #19273
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    10,710 Posts
    We had those a long time ago.

Edited:

9/10 times an assistant would steal it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #19274
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,272 Posts
    We had those a long time ago.

Edited:

9/10 times an assistant would steal it
    I was around when /tg/ had the Pussy Wagon, but that was just a fancy transport for the janitor, not an actual street cleaner.

35. Post #19275
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,747 Posts
    Its from one of the metal slug games

36. Post #19276
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,539 Posts
    might be advance wars

37. Post #19277
    January 2008
    10,478 Posts
    Its from one of the metal slug games
    might be advance wars
    I'm reasonably familiar with the vehicle designs from both of those series and I'm fairly certain that it's not from either. Metal Slug doesn't have that perspective.

Edited:

I actually just googled "Sturmtiger Sprite" and it was the first result. Just some dude's art.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/24309.htm

38. Post #19278

November 2014
    1,010 Posts
    GENERAL STATS
    THE GOOD:
    Useful Items Shipped: 9.8304e+12 (4.9152e+13 Points)

but ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

39. Post #19279
    June 2012
    584 Posts

So apparently mentioning aliens in a PM reply means you're metagaming or something and being in pajamas is ban worthy
    Wasn't even because of my IC name being MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE (I got gunned down by some chick right when I got off the transport shuttle)
    I told him he was a shittier admin than the worst on Yogs though so it's all good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

40. Post #19280
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,536 Posts
    That the colonial marines server? That place is shit.

Looks like they don't want fun either, so fuck 'em. Ya did good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)