1. Post #561
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,023 Posts
    Anyone else reminded of this thing?

also what is that music
    Spastic Beat or something by Kevin Macleod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,668 Posts
    Sorry if i'm being stupid, but what am I missing out on for having KSP on Steam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #563
    January 2009
    1,437 Posts
    I found a copy of 0.12. I don't remember the game being this hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,198 Posts
    So Kfacat and I have been comparing starships a la Macey Dean. This is how my first static test went:
    Man, that's the least static static test I've ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #565
    Sorry if i'm being stupid, but what am I missing out on for having KSP on Steam?
    -Freedom from DRM

-literally nothing else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #566
    July 2010
    1,007 Posts
    -Freedom from DRM

-literally nothing else
    -portability, being able to run on USB sticks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #567
    HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A NEW STEAMGROUP FOR PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 AND 2 DEATHMATCH WITH OTHER FACEPUNCHERS?? WE USUALLY PLAY GAMES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND IF YOU JOIN OUR STEAM GROUP WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE PLAYING!! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    - No fear of an auto update breaking mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #568
    - No fear of an auto update breaking mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 5Zing Zing x 4 (list)

9. Post #569
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,559 Posts
    Anyone else reminded of this thing?

also what is that music
    Kevin Macleod - Spazzmatica Polka
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,724 Posts
    That won't work, Steam will just tag it as "Update Required" and attempt to update next time you launch.

1.5mill km circular orbit around the sun, MechJeb only for launch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #571
    April 2009
    322 Posts
    You guys can't complain about having already made a decision while all the relevant information - i.e. steam's DRM and auto-updates - was either made quite clear or could have very easily been researched.
    Not only that, but the wall of "this process is irreversible" is meant to get you to stop for a moment and think over your decision, and give you the chance to make doubly sure that it's the correct one to make.

Please, can we not mention the steam issues again after this? They exist, they can be annoying, but I for one would rather see people's epic creations here than people whining about a completely avoidable situation.

So, how about them rockets?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #572
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    February 2006
    22,178 Posts
    So, how about them rockets?
    i got kw rocketry so now i'm trying to design a suite of rocket designs that will be able to launch medium-heavy payloads into kerbin orbit for assembling a new space station. unfortunately, kw rockets are fucking big, and are therefore very unwieldy. i also have an aversion to putting rcs on my rockets for some reason, i think it has to do with the fact that rcs tanks used to drain top down rather than draining from the first stages, even though that's probably been fixed.

once i finish my aries I medium payload rocket, i'll probably post pictures. but it's pretty boring stuff unlike what it seems like everyone else is doing.

Edited:

also my "kss kore" looks like a damn christmas tree thanks to those avionics lights that i generously slapped on.

it's the most tacky and wonderful thing that i think i will ever put into space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #573
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    24,086 Posts
    What are some good addons for a space station that doesn't involve habitats/life support?

So far I have a weapons system, a refueling station, and solar panels/energy storage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,683 Posts
    Is there any way to change the speed of the wheel motors?

I want to make some racing wheels, but all I can really do at the moment is make them unbreakable and use other forms of propulsion.
    play with the torque curve. If you want to bump your top speed up put more torque in the higher steps and you'll be able to accelerate to higher speeds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #575
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,606 Posts
    trying to lift this giant girder structure for use as a fuel tank docking array

really not fun at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

16. Post #576
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    February 2006
    22,178 Posts

nothing too special. it gets medium stuff into low orbits

fuck me i put on like 50 struts...i guess i need 50 more

this is the jolliest damn station core ever built. i hear if you are really good and make sure to clean up all your space debris then space santa will leave you a present under the christmas core.

Edited:

this also isn't showing the blinking lights that light up the pods.

they are totally functional, i swear. white light means south, red light is north...it will help me dock so i can know which way the station is facing without switching to it or thinking too hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #577
    Today I attempted to match orbital planes to dock with the KSS Jebediah and failed miserably

The least eccentric orbit is Jeb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,168 Posts
    Fucking hell they should add a confirm dialog to end flight, I just wiped about 4 hours of work by accidently pushing it.

ok there is one, must have clicked through it too. blehh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #579
    Is there a repository with all the old versions somewhere?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

20. Post #580
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,606 Posts
    Fucking hell they should add a confirm dialog to end flight, I just wiped about 4 hours of work by accidently pushing it.
    there is a confirm dialog?

but it would be nice if hitting end flight didn't actually end flight and it gave you one more chance to back out

also top tip: never hit escape at the exact same time ksp is popping up the flight failure window. it breaks the menu so you can't leave the scene so you lose progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #581
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,168 Posts
    there is a confirm dialog?
    ah so there is. I must have clicked through it too

Well now I feel like an idiot but at the same time think it's way too easy to lose that much work over an easy mistake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    April 2009
    322 Posts
    Uh, guys? What... is this meant to show up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #583
    Uh, guys? What... is this meant to show up?
    seems like it's encrypted/passworded, so normal users can't use it
    http://steamdb.info/app/220200/#section_depots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    April 2009
    322 Posts
    seems like it's encrypted/passworded, so normal users can't use it
    http://steamdb.info/app/220200/#section_depots
    Phew. I wouldn't sleep easy knowing there might be a security flaw.

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,032 Posts
    Does anyone have a clue why isn't the nuclear engine getting any fuel here?

I even have a fuel duct connecting to it in-case the battery is blocking the fuel flow or something.
    The smaller tanks are connected to the large one, and the one you see connects to the engine. Everything is in the right direction.

Here's the craft file if that explains better
    I still have no clue why isn't it working,

anyone? ;-;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hong Kong Show Events

26. Post #586
    June 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I still have no clue why isn't it working,

anyone? ;-;
    The fuel line isn't attached to the engine (or ASAS), it's attached to a strut. If you add a fuel line from the strut that attaches to the ASAS, that goes to the ASAS it will work.

27. Post #587
    someone made a fuckin orbital one-digit binary calculator out of stock parts
    Phew. I wouldn't sleep easy knowing there might be a security flaw.
    totally not because you'd be checking the shit out of the experimental build, right?

I know I would
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #588
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,527 Posts
    Anyone know of a plugin like rendezme that's updated for the newest version? mechjebs rendezvous is pretty much useless, unless I'm using it wrong it just aligns the orbit, disregarding where the other ship actually is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

29. Post #589
    Experimenting with mun rovers, this shit is HARD with stock parts. And I don't even want to think about getting it off the ground, let alone to the Mun...

jim cornerrrrsss

(not mine)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    10,782 Posts
    I made a new lander, I still have to add lights, and perhaps make it carry a rover.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,434 Posts
    Experimenting with mun rovers, this shit is HARD with stock parts. And I don't even want to think about getting it off the ground, let alone to the Mun...

jim cornerrrrsss

(not mine)
    Can anyone upload their copy of that drone core the Kerbal is above? Mine got corrupted when I moved to steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

32. Post #592
    April 2009
    322 Posts
    I like putting little fake engines in my rovers now. Extra shrapnel for the big crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #593

09:16 a.m. - Latin Geek •ᴥ•: 100% sure this thing will make it to orbit, not so sure on the payload making it to the moon though

09:21 a.m. - Latin Geek •ᴥ•: things got wobbly
    09:22 a.m. - dogmachines: anybody on board?
    09:22 a.m. - Latin Geek •ᴥ•: Bill Kerman, survived miraculously as everything else around the capsule blew up
    09:23 a.m. - dogmachines: a true hero, I suspect he gets to test the next one as a reward
    09:23 a.m. - Latin Geek •ᴥ•: ...yup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #594
    March 2013
    1,245 Posts
    Do the old mods like the Mining mod still work for 0.19.1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,559 Posts
    Anyone know of a plugin like rendezme that's updated for the newest version? mechjebs rendezvous is pretty much useless, unless I'm using it wrong it just aligns the orbit, disregarding where the other ship actually is.
    MechJeb's rendezvous module is to help you with rendezvous, not do it for you. If you use that, Smart A.S.S using the TGT+, RVEL- and PAR+/- settings, linear docking mode and chase cam, docking becomes nothing more than an easy chore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    11,081 Posts
    Well that was going to happen sooner or later. Anything with controllable parts ends up in computer form eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #597
    July 2010
    1,007 Posts
    It's not out yet, but MJ 2.0 will have fully automated rendesvous and docking (and a new attitude controller which very well may help with not eating all your RCS during docking).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #598
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,218 Posts
    This game is so in depth in terms of physics, deltaV, air friction...
    Yet this is how I design rockets

I think I'm playing wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,880 Posts

Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #600
    January 2011
    209 Posts
    Decided to start over from the basics

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)