1. Post #1
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,533 Posts
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/03/13...e-devils-work/

The new pope, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the 76-year-old Argentinean, who will be known as Pope Francis, has in the past described same-sex marriage and gay couples adopting as a ďdestructive attack on Godís plan.Ē

The new pope has also said that same-sex adoption adoption is a form of discrimination and abuse against children.
    Ha. Like those involved in the Catholic Church know how to judge child abuse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 100Late x 6Starred x 5Agree x 3Useful x 2Optimistic x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    2,054 Posts
    Not surprised.

Every pope believe that kind of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    Is this actually news? Did anyone really expect otherwise?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 69 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gone but never forgotten.
    November 2009
    19,633 Posts
    Not even remotely surprised. The roman catholic church is renowned for being against this stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 50 (list)

5. Post #5
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    3,686 Posts
    What irritates me more is that people on FP actually thought this pope was going to be any different because he ~brought his own luggage from the plane~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 118Agree Agree x 43Starred Starred x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,533 Posts
    Just felt like posting this, since people here have been praising him for being somewhat decent in his first appearances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,714 Posts
    Saw this from an entire galaxy away. But it wont' stop me from saying this:

Go fuck yourself. Bigoted piece of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 52Dumb Dumb x 13Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,533 Posts
    What irritates me more is that people on FP actually thought this pope was going to be any different because he ~brought his own luggage from the plane~
    Yep. You can't expect any different from these corrupt old bastards. Just a new face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,539 Posts
    Welp.
    I was hoping that he'd be neutral on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,641 Posts
    isn't it common knowledge these old fucks just regurgle the same old bullshit the last one said?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    May 2010
    3,746 Posts
    Yup. Such a nice fella.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,533 Posts
    isn't it common knowledge these old fucks just regurgle the same old bullshit the last one said?
    Should be. I posted this since FP has a tendency of flip flopping and praising a person if they do one decent thing. Like, the most hilarious example was that Hugo Chavez thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,415 Posts
    At first I thought Pope Francis was kinda cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    It's all blasphemy! Of course he doesn't believe in it! First they have a Pope that believes in gay marriage, then they'll have an african-american Pope, then they'll have a woman Pope, then they'll have a Canadian, gay, black, woman Pope.
    I would honestly just commit suicide at that point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2010
    737 Posts
    I'm amazed that any of you are actually surprised by this, or I'm having a shit time discerning sarcasm through the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,064 Posts
    Why can't people just fucking let people do whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anyone? Seriously. Someone's sexuality is not your fucking business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 2Starred Starred x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,370 Posts
    I'm amazed that any of you are actually surprised by this, or I'm having a shit time discerning sarcasm through the internet.
    Yeah nobody here is surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    March 2005
    2,099 Posts
    Well at least he doesn't look like Emperor Palpatine, I guess he has that working for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,826 Posts
    BREAKInG: Pope's beliefs align with the beliefs of every pope before him!

more at 11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Puerto Rico Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 1Starred Starred x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,370 Posts
    Why can't people just fucking let people do whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anyone? Seriously. Someone's sexuality is not your fucking business.
    Yeah but "the bible says same sex marriage is wrong!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    Yeah, geeze, just let him hate on the gays. He's not hurting anyone! If he wants to be straight, that's none of your business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,064 Posts
    Yeah, geeze, just let him hate on the gays. He's not hurting anyone! If he wants to be straight, that's none of your business.
    That's not really what I was getting at.

I just hate it when people are intolerant to others' beliefs and do everything in their power to put down others just because they're not like them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,714 Posts
    My sarcasm detector is having problems discerning this post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    That's not really what I was getting at.

I just hate it when people are intolerant to others' beliefs and do everything in their power to put down others just because they're not like them.
    All I'm saying is he wants to hate on the gays, so hating on him for hating on the gays is not being tolerant of one's right to dislike another person. Thus is the paradox of the human world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    I'll be quiet now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 1Starred Starred x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    In this situation they do view it as hurting someone. This article is about adoption rights specifically, and many people for religious reasons or not feel that being adopted by a same-sex couple can be harmful.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,131 Posts
    All I'm saying is he wants to hate on the gays, so hating on him for hating on the gays is not being tolerant of one's right to dislike another person. Thus is the paradox of the human world.
    Spiritual leader of a billion people, bad 21st century social etiquette etc. etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,218 Posts
    I think telling children that there is an almighty being that watches and judges them for their sins which could land them in hell to suffer for all eternity is an actual act of child abuse Mr. Pope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,983 Posts
    Not surprised, but I still like this pope

not about his opinions, but his kindness and such
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,051 Posts
    Popes gonna pope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 1Starred Starred x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    If you think of him as your old, senile, racist, homophobic grandfather he doesn't seem so bad, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,714 Posts

not about his opinions, but his kindness and such
    I have a hard time considering someone kind when they approve of the idea of removing human rights and promoting discrimination and ignorance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,983 Posts
    If you think of him as your old, senile, racist, homophobic grandfather he doesn't seem so bad, right?
    How is the pope racist? He has cardinals from Africa, and other places

Nor have I heard any remarks from him besides the last one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    How is the pope racist? He has cardinals from Africa, and other places

Nor have I heard any remarks from him besides the last one
    My grandfather is racist.

35. Post #35
    December 2011
    630 Posts
    Why the fuck is anyone surprised? It's a core Catholic belief which will never change. Just because he's a Jesuit doesn't make him more liberal or any bs, Jesuits are the same if not more conservative than mainstream Catholicism. Don't take this the wrong way though, Jesuits are generally nice well educated people, they just carry an opposition to gay marriage because they're Catholic. Francis will be the same as other popes with his stance on at marriage but he will be much more modest and 'for the poor' since he's bound to the ethical framework of the Jeuit order.
    Still, would be great to see Catholicism hold a more liberal approach further in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,983 Posts
    My grandfather is racist.
    So you mean to tell me

Your grandfather is a senile, racist, and homophobic old man

Is that what you were referring to when you were trying to insult my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,597 Posts
    So you mean to tell me

Your grandfather is a senile, racist, and homophobic old man
    I don't want to talk about it.

Edited:

Is that what you were referring to when you were trying to insult my opinion
    I'm sorry you took it personally, no offense intended, I'm just fucking around.

38. Post #38
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    12,416 Posts
    He's the leader of the Catholic church.. what position did you expect him to have on Gay marriage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,812 Posts
    He really sounds like a nice guy, I hope it stays that way.
    For fuck sake, I only JUST posted this a few hours ago.

40. Post #40
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,178 Posts
    How many gay people will it take until religious people suddenly start realizing that maybe god intends to have them on our earth

stole that from some Florida politician
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)