1. Post #761

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,388 Posts
    i accidentally made an absolutely perfect mobile ICBM launch platform

i recorded it, but i formatted my pc so i have no editing program right now.
    i'm extremely excited about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    10,782 Posts
    tbh thats not nearly enough parts
    please no 10 seconds in-game already take like half a minute IRL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,829 Posts
    When a pod explodes all the kerbonauts inside should flail out all over the place, if you're going fast enough and the pod explodes you'd just leave behind a bloody mist cloud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #764

Gotta adjust the drag for re-entry :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13 (list)

5. Post #765
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,606 Posts
    When a pod explodes all the kerbonauts inside should flail out all over the place, if you're going fast enough and the pod explodes you'd just leave behind a bloody mist cloud.
    afaik they said they will never add blood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts

I shouldn't make space planes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #767

January 2013
    275 Posts

Really surprised i managed to do this, had to do a mid-flight refueling and some very tricky shit to get it all the way to the mun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    887 Posts
    Can someone repost that tutorial where it showed how to make from 3 couplers to 2 I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Honduras Show Events

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    21,890 Posts
    afaik they said they will never add blood
    doesnt mean someone won't figure out how to eventually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #770
    Horrible at Shooters
    August 2012
    1,467 Posts
    That's too dark for KSP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    21,890 Posts
    Are you sure it was 5200m/s
    I reckon it wouldn't be so quick to fall back down at such a velocity
    can we get some more shots of that? also 5200m/s sounds a little off...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #772
    December 2011
    3,229 Posts

Minmus, Here i am C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

13. Post #773
    November 2007
    50 Posts
    Looking into the Steam Statics at least 856 copies have been sold. Great job :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

14. Post #774
    August 2012
    1,211 Posts
    Looking into the Steam Statics at least 856 copies have been sold. Great job :D
    I can guarantee once the Summer Sale hits, That number will rise drastically.

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,453 Posts

I made a fighter, and a carrier to haul 4 of them around. It's modeled after the Star Fighters from Moonlight Mile. Performance and maneuverability are good, but range is pretty short. The carrier is needed for any transfer to another body.

Lots of fun to play with, but frag more than one or two fighters in the same orbit and you'll have a Kessler Syndrome issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #776
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,168 Posts

What am I even doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,660 Posts
    Playing Kerbal Space Program as intended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    I Like Big Mutts and I Cannot Lie! ;3
    April 2005
    1,536 Posts
    Did they change the way maneuver nodes are placed? I'm having difficulties setting targets and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    906 Posts

Sepratron launcher. Fires up to 6 sepratrons in no specific direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #781
    July 2012
    1,265 Posts
    Is there a guide for this?
    I am completely fucking lost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #782
    Horrible at Shooters
    August 2012
    1,467 Posts
    I'm trying to rescue a kerbal I accidentally stranded on an island.

6 have died and one has gotten stuck on the same island.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    What's confusing you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,951 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 34Funny Funny x 4 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,683 Posts

Jim Kerman voicing his non-verbal approval for a space kart prototype that will be deployed once they release the kerbal seat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #786

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,388 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

27. Post #787
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    February 2006
    22,178 Posts
    are there any good ideas or mods for payloads for icbms? i want to launch some shit into the ground and want to cause a little bit of destruction. i once tried loading those little rockets from the weaponry mod onto the top as a payload but i could never seem to get it to fire off properly when the icbm was approaching the ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    December 2011
    3,229 Posts

I'm thinkin' this will get me to Duna, any thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

29. Post #789
    Horrible at Shooters
    August 2012
    1,467 Posts
    It is EXTREMELY annoying to lose the time you spent on a spaceplane flight forgetting to put the landing gear back down.

FUCK THIS HAPPENED 3 TIMES IN A ROW AUGHAGULAHGSDF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

30. Post #790

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,388 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 19Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    6,754 Posts
    I don't really expect much good from the KSP forums community so I'm not even surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,797 Posts
    Painting a generic anime girl green makes her a kerbal, apparantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

33. Post #793
    Horrible at Shooters
    August 2012
    1,467 Posts
    Landing on this island is an incredible challenge. It has barely any flat surface.

But I know Jeb and I can do it.

Oh yeah and I don't have a joystick.

34. Post #794
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    *ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ *SO KAWAII!! (★^O^★)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #795

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,388 Posts
    Painting a generic nazi anime girl green makes her a kerbal, apparantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    That's her hidden secret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    Horrible at Shooters
    August 2012
    1,467 Posts
    What's a good way to make spaceplanes less prone to disintegration upon landing?

38. Post #798

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,388 Posts

kspf are a goldmine

Edited:

What's a good way to make spaceplanes less prone to disintegration upon landing?
    landing gear and coming in slowly
    align with the runway from a good distance, turn your engines off, point your nose slightly up (as much as you can while keeping the prograde indicator below the horizon)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,198 Posts
    landing gear and coming in slowly
    align with the runway from a good distance, turn your engines off, point your nose slightly up (as much as you can while keeping the prograde indicator below the horizon)
    Don't turn the engines off unless you have a very proficient glider.

I recommend lining up from a distance as Oicani said, and then, using about 5% throttle (1% if using rockets), start your approach at about 1000 meters up and 2000 meters out. This way, without too much effort, you'll be at about 10 meters when you get over the runway. At this point, kill your thrust completely and flare (fairly violent nose up, between 30 and 45 degrees depending on design). After touching down with all wheels, slam on the brakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #800
    Horrible at Shooters
    August 2012
    1,467 Posts
    No, you don't understand. There is no runway. There's a tiny ass island that's very hard to glide to.