1. Post #41
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    17,075 Posts
    Disappointed. The charity place I do volunteer work at had another Vulcan and a Stampede.

I would have asked for them but they didn't work.

2. Post #42
    December 2009
    1,428 Posts
    Disappointed. The charity place I do volunteer work at had another Vulcan and a Stampede.

I would have asked for them but they didn't work.
    I recently bought a Retaliator, Rampage, Rayven, and old Recon for around 20$ for the lot. All of them were returned to the manufacturer and resold as broken. The Rayven just needed batteries, the Rampage had a dart lodged in the barrel. The Retaliator's slide had the plastic bits that cock the gun broken off and was legitimately broken, the Recon just had it's plunger flipped around wrong. So I ended up using the Recon's slide on the Retaliator and now it's working perfectly.

A lot of those you can do some really minor stuff to and they'll be working again if they're simpler guns. A Vulcan and a Stampede however could be anything from no batteries to having to dabble in circuitry so it'd be a bit of a gamble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    May 2009
    17,075 Posts
    A lot of those you can do some really minor stuff to and they'll be working again if they're simpler guns. A Vulcan and a Stampede however could be anything from no batteries to having to dabble in circuitry so it'd be a bit of a gamble.
    We have a pile of batteries we use to test the toys, and they are all in pretty good condition but they didn't work with the batteries in so I assumed they were busted and tossed them.

I have one one of the Praxis' lying around here somewhere from the same place. When I got it it didn't work but I got it anyway. I didn't know they required batteries since I didn't even know they made the Vortex guns. I will have to hunt it down and see if I can get it working.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    For anyone in the US curious about the Elite Alpha Tropper CS-12 it will hit the shelves at Target on May 15th, 2013

It is out pretty much everywhere else.

Also, you can get a Rough Cut or Diatron for just $7.60 at Target in the US for stacking some coupons.

http://mylastdart.blogspot.co.uk/201...ff-target.html

5. Post #45
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    We have a pile of batteries we use to test the toys, and they are all in pretty good condition but they didn't work with the batteries in so I assumed they were busted and tossed them.

I have one one of the Praxis' lying around here somewhere from the same place. When I got it it didn't work but I got it anyway. I didn't know they required batteries since I didn't even know they made the Vortex guns. I will have to hunt it down and see if I can get it working.
    Praxis doesn't need batteries, it's just a basic pump-action disc shooter. Only Vortex blasters that need batteries are the Nitron and Lumitron (for the magazine).

6. Post #46
    May 2009
    17,075 Posts
    Praxis doesn't need batteries, it's just a basic pump-action disc shooter. Only Vortex blasters that need batteries are the Nitron and Lumitron (for the magazine).
    Then it's broken.

And I can't find it anyway. Must have thrown it out.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    117 Posts
    I really wish they made nerf a bigger thing in UK to find a decent group with guns in next to impossible :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,851 Posts

Lookin' forward to this one. There isn't much info on it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,229 Posts
    holy shit

that magazine is way far forward of where i was expecting it to be

10. Post #50
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    holy shit

that magazine is way far forward of where i was expecting it to be
    Yeah, I heard it was gonna have a long plunger tube, but I didn't think it'd be that huge.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,229 Posts
    dat bolt travel

Edited:

i know the darts are bigger but why does it have to be that long

12. Post #52
    October 2011
    95 Posts
    At Goodwill I got a raider cs-6 for 6 dollars. it's fully functional too. :D

13. Post #53
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    dat bolt travel

Edited:

i know the darts are bigger but why does it have to be that long
    I'm guessing it's like the rough cut. The bolt's connected to the plunger by gears that make it twice as long to prime, but also much easier. So the plunger is only going to be half the length of the bolt travel (And my best guess as to why they'd do that is it has a really strong spring in it to get the supposed 100' ranges, which makes it too hard for most kids to prime normally).

14. Post #54
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    10,994 Posts

I have a friend who works for Hasbro and spent some time with that particular model. They aren't sure on the firing mechanism yet but are trying to make an electric plunger system work. That dead space behind the magwell is space for the bolt (which is huge, the dart is 4"x1"), gearbox, and motor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    9,089 Posts
    Am I one of the only people who liked the nerf swords and shit?

16. Post #56
    Nya~
    April 2011
    2,838 Posts
    Is the Strongarm worth getting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #57
    July 2011
    3,500 Posts

Saw this on r/nerf a few weeks ago, it's a fuckin' anti-materiel rifle

18. Post #58
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    Am I one of the only people who liked the nerf swords and shit?
    I've always wanted to try out the huge axe and the swords and stuff but no stores here have any N-force stuff. Hell, the only things I've seen at all are those Klaw hatchets, and that's cos a bunch of the guys in my Nerf group imported a dozen or so from the US.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    Is the Strongarm worth getting?
    Yes, much better than the Maverick overall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    May 2009
    17,075 Posts
    I found a Lumitron today. Someone just threw it out though it still works fine.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts

So apparently it's super easy to mod a Stryfe to be full-auto.

Bastard won't tell us how he did it yet though....

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    Huh, well the Rapidstrike is real is seems.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,777 Posts
    gosh everything is going electric

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    Also it appears the Revonix got an appearance/description change.

Gun launcher discs Revonix 360 is the most powerful of the range! It takes more than 20 m! A storage capacity of 30 records for firing burst! The stock is adjustable and the charger is rotating!
    Source:http://basicnerf.wordpress.com/2013/...es-with-stock/

25. Post #65
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    Huh, well the Rapidstrike is real is seems.

I'm kinda disappointed it's flywheel. I greatly prefer spring-powered blasters to flywheels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,543 Posts
    Might pick up an elite jolt for shits and giggles. What's it like?

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    Might pick up an elite jolt for shits and giggles. What's it like?
    Pretty much the same thing as the first one except better range and it has that "smart fire" system like the Rough cut.

28. Post #68
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    Now I remember why I hate electronic blasters.

Tried modding my Swarmfire with some 4.2v Li-Ion AAs so it got much higher RoF, but it won't work. Turns out something's wrong with either the motor that works the plunger or the little bit of circuit board attached to it! So now all I have is a completely useless $40 hunk of plastic.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    5,762 Posts
    Combining the Recon with Rampage's drum mag effectively makes it a tommygun.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    5,143 Posts
    I have a Maverick, Vigilon, Firefly, Recon, Long Strike, Stampede, and a Vulcan

Recommend any that don't need batteries?

Edited:

Rough Cut looks cool as fuck, might get that

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    5,762 Posts
    Strongarm gives a satisfying revolving motion after each shot. And the slide is soooooooooo light, too.

32. Post #72
    May 2009
    411 Posts
    Just got the Triad Ex-3

This thing is so fun to shoot. It's basically a harder shooting Jolt with 3 barrels. Since it's a little larger it feels better in hand and the 3 shots makes it much more practical than the Jolt in a fight.

33. Post #73
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,246 Posts
    Anyone get the Elite Alpha Trooper yet? How is it?

34. Post #74
    September 2006
    279 Posts
    there was a 50% off at a local supermarket for nerf guns and i bought my first ever. A Stryfe. Will probably make it look something akin to a mass effect or a 40k gun though.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    7,361 Posts
    I'm interested in painting my guns, what kind of paints are best? I've got some Warhammer acrylic paints, and it seems like that would be the most sensible option, because I can't imagine wall paint going well. Or should I just get ordinary picture paint?

36. Post #76
    WINNER OF STEVE HARVEY'S NICEST PERSON OF THE YEAR AWARD 2013
    March 2012
    599 Posts
    I'm interested in painting my guns, what kind of paints are best? I've got some Warhammer acrylic paints, and it seems like that would be the most sensible option, because I can't imagine wall paint going well. Or should I just get ordinary picture paint?
    hot pink. just hot pink with leopard spots

Edited:

air rifles are better than nerf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,465 Posts
    This thread is dead, kinda sucks.

Anyway, bought these two, brand new, for $20 today

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,851 Posts
    Elite alpha trooper is something I really do want. From the Elite line I have the strongarm, retaliator and rough cut; I suggest picking up the rough cut next, it's goddamn awesome. I mean, who doesn't love a nerf shotgun?

39. Post #79
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,465 Posts
    I was going to get one, but it was $59 with my staff discount
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    What would be a good way to revive life into this thread?

Meanwhile, enjoy some guns from the upcoming Target Exclusive series, ZombieStrike.

Hammershot Revolver $14.99

SledgeFire Shotgun $27.99

Also a "Deco" pack with 30 darts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)