1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,880 Posts
    I won't buy a phone unless it has a sd card slot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #82

August 2012
    1,022 Posts
    The Nexus 4 is a sexy phone (as much as phones can be sexy) but what the hell was google thinking when they didn't put an SD card slot in there? Sure, I have to dissect my S3 to expose the slot but at least the option is there.
    I really hate that but then again, I empty out my pictures and I don't hoard files on there so I'm good. I'd prefer 32GB of internal storage before they start cutting out the SD Card capabilities but hopefully the Motorola X Phone will make good on that. Flash memory is dirt cheap.

3. Post #83
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    I won't buy a phone unless it has a sd card slot.
    Or if it has like 64/128GB of storage

I'll buy a Nexus phone the day they either get that amount of storage or an SD card slot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #84
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,178 Posts
    Too bad Apple has patented rounded corners so no one can make anything remotely similar without getting 20 lawyers up their ass.
    Except Nokia because they exempt them for some reason

Edited:

The Nexus 4 is a sexy phone (as much as phones can be sexy) but what the hell was google thinking when they didn't put an SD card slot in there? Sure, I have to dissect my S3 to expose the slot but at least the option is there.
    google has a trend of ditching SD cards, I would like my nexus 7 to have an SD card slot considering im running out of space soon (32gb model)

Edited:

Or if it has like 64/128GB of storage

I'll buy a Nexus phone the day they either get that amount of storage or an SD card slot
    I have no idea why google does 8gb/16gb, you know people are going to be downloading tons of apps, recording video, shooting pictures and what not, apple learnt from that mistake when they had 8gb phones, 16 is alrightish for the average user but 32 and 64 is where it's at
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    google has a trend of ditching SD cards, I would like my nexus 7 to have an SD card slot considering im running out of space soon (32gb model)
    A tablet without removable storage is even stupider than a phone without it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #86
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    the gloss makes it look retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    September 2007
    781 Posts
    Every LG phone I've had has had removable SD storage. Why is it that LG is always overlooked? They have some of the sleekest looking 4G LTE phones on the market. With features like QuickMemo that are currently(as far as I know) unmatched without third party applications.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #88

August 2012
    1,022 Posts
    Every LG phone I've had has had removable SD storage. Why is it that LG is always overlooked? They have some of the sleekest looking 4G LTE phones on the market. With features like QuickMemo that are currently(as far as I know) unmatched without third party applications.
    It's the third party UI. They need to trash it.

Also it would be nice if they treated developers better. Locked bootloader for a device you own, restricting custom builds of Android and custom kernels improving overall battery life and performance is bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,178 Posts
    A tablet without removable storage is even stupider than a phone without it.
    well i heard you can buy external hard drives for android tablets that have those dock things because if thats true I'd invest in one

10. Post #90
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,714 Posts
    My experience with SD cards on my Optimus G has been abysmal. Randomly unmounting cards, formatting errors, having to mess around with file systems, the card randomly not being recognized, etc.

With the price of storage these days, we should not have to insert our own storage in an S3 or Optimus G NOR should we deal with too little storage in a Droid DNA or Nexus 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    6,739 Posts
    I see they're going after 'the bigger, the better'

12. Post #92
    I'm not very clever.
    September 2012
    1,285 Posts
    I wish physical keyboards were still really an option today. While I do often type faster with swiftkeys, its just less of a pain to do small and simple tasks with a keyboard.

My old Optimus Slider's keyboard was sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    I thought you didn't like rounded corners? The top and bottom edges of that phone never stop curving.
    It can be done properly, the Galaxy S4 just looks horrible because of the garish silver band on everything, and because the bezel isn't completely black. The home button still ain't too hot either.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts
    well i heard you can buy external hard drives for android tablets that have those dock things because if thats true I'd invest in one
    II can use an external hard drive with my Asus Transformer

________

Also yeah my S3 has a Class 10 64gb microsdxc card
    I could never do a nexus device unless they included a sdcard slot

Edited:

My experience with SD cards on my Optimus G has been abysmal. Randomly unmounting cards, formatting errors, having to mess around with file systems, the card randomly not being recognized, etc.

With the price of storage these days, we should not have to insert our own storage in an S3 or Optimus G NOR should we deal with too little storage in a Droid DNA or Nexus 4.
    Sounds like a problem with the phone. My S3 and Asus Transformer never have issues with random unmounting or anything.

Hell even my shitty Archos 43 never had issues with that

15. Post #95
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,714 Posts
    I am going to get a new one with my warranty, but the end effect is that I would rather get a 64gb HTC One than a Sony Xperia Z with an sd card slot.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,460 Posts

That's probably just that model, or awful luck. I've never had an issue with my two phones' SD cards.

Edited:

I wish physical keyboards were still really an option today. While I do often type faster with swiftkeys, its just less of a pain to do small and simple tasks with a keyboard.

My old Optimus Slider's keyboard was sex.
    I wish I could get a new phone with a 5 row QWERTY keyboard, and none of those stupid extra keys, like the emoticon button.

17. Post #97
    BAZ
    Dav0r, buy me a custom title. I'm far too poor ;_;
    July 2005
    12,627 Posts
    hmm gee I wonder why samsung got sued

oh
    As someone who owned the original Galaxy S, it looks NOTHING like the iPhone 3G/S in person.

It's thinner, a different shape, colour and material. The only misleading thing about it is that the marketing material like you've shown is taken in a very copycat style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,122 Posts

I bought a Chinadroid, it looks like this. Just a nice understated phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Very tasteful, I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    17,950 Posts
    Whether you hate the design or not, it'd seem that the SGSIV will be the first Android device to do something really serious when it comes to graphics: http://www.gsmarena.com/confirmed_ex...-news-5681.php
    The differences between the SGX543 (used in the A5 and A6) and the 544 are very slight, but the SGX544 will be running at roughly double the clock speed, and if Wikipedia is to believed (and this is seen in normal GPUs as well) the performance improves almost a 100% linearly with clock speed (and cores, but that is irrelevant in this case). Sure, the SGSIV will be pushing a higher resolution, but that's still some serious power.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,597 Posts
    Will it have that laser keyboard dock thing? or was that a bullshit fake

I can't keep up these days

22. Post #102
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    It can be done properly, the Galaxy S4 just looks horrible because of the garish silver band on everything, and because the bezel isn't completely black. The home button still ain't too hot either.
    Yeah the home button needs to go, and they need to ditch the light-up soft keys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts
    I like the home button
    Though I hate that Verizon put their logo on it on the note 2

24. Post #104
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,466 Posts
    I find that 16GB on my Nexus 4 is plenty for me, I don't use my phone for games and such, only a bit of music and obviously apps that I use for utilities, that don't use up much anyway.

With the looks of the phone, I don't really care what the phone looks like, as long as it performs well and has a screen size 4.3'+ I would be happy with it.

25. Post #105
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    4,689 Posts
    It still surprises me that people think the reason samsung designs ugly as fuck phones is because they have no capable designers, when the real reason is that the legal costs from the apple v samsung cases dwarfed the possible revenue from designing slightly better looking phones by millions of dollars

up until them samsung's phones were actually pretty nice looking

though it's not only bad things that have come from it, samsung has definitely gone for a larger emphasis on function over fashion since then, with the plastic covers on the back being both cheap and durable as fuck, and make for easy access to the battery/micro sd card/sim card

26. Post #106
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,502 Posts
    Get rid of virtual keyboards and buttons.

27. Post #107

August 2012
    1,022 Posts
    Get rid of virtual keyboards and buttons.
    Uh why? Five years from now, I could be using the same phone I am using now. I treat my electronics with great care but the Motorola Droid from 2008? The power button is sticky, the physical keyboard's keys are ripping out and some of the buttons stopped working, the volume rockers feel awkward as hell.

My Treo 650W from like 2005-2006? Same thing. The screens are fine. It's always the fucking buttons.

28. Post #108
    I'm not very clever.
    September 2012
    1,285 Posts
    It still surprises me that people think the reason samsung designs ugly as fuck phones is because they have no capable designers, when the real reason is that the legal costs from the apple v samsung cases dwarfed the possible revenue from designing slightly better looking phones by millions of dollars

up until them samsung's phones were actually pretty nice looking

though it's not only bad things that have come from it, samsung has definitely gone for a larger emphasis on function over fashion since then, with the plastic covers on the back being both cheap and durable as fuck, and make for easy access to the battery/micro sd card/sim card
    That may be true, but I think its moreso that people don't care anymore. If they advertise it out the ass then even if it looks bad people will think it looks good. If people buy ugly phones from them then what incentive is there to spend lots of time making a nice design?

29. Post #109
    Anyone know if Sprint will get the S IV?

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,460 Posts
    Anyone know if Sprint will get the S IV?
    I'd presume so. There's no reason they wouldn't.

31. Post #111
    May 2009
    1,670 Posts

One of the easiest phones I have ever used.

HOWEVER, stupid samsungs own operating system did'nt rotate messenger apps when you pulled the keyboard out so I'd look like a spack tilting my head sideways whilst I type..

I'm currently on a galaxy ace with a very hard case around it. Feels sturdy and not too big, however having big hands I hate touch screens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    November 2007
    800 Posts
    I really like the Nexus 4 because when you look at it, it's a black clean slate but the Galaxy has that tacky looking logo at the top and the "brushed aluminum look" is not very appealing to me and the white edition is terrible.

I've got a Nexus 4, absolutely love it. Looks weird without a Bumper Case though, a friend of mine has the Note 2 and the build quality and design on it is terrible in comparison.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,487 Posts
    Well, I'm due for an upgrade next summer...