1. Post #281
    August 2012
    353 Posts
    But a) the demoman won, he is the minesweeper the smiley represents and b) the sunglasses one is far more iconic
    I suppose that does make sense. Besides, you could always make it two different styles.

EDIT: Pageking, I'll update this with a progress report on those ballistic glasses I'm working on later. Don't have access to the file on the computer I'm on right now.

EDIT 2: Having some issues with Blender at the moment. Can't quite get the texture onto the model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    So, anyone will fix the Stylish Spy skin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lebanon Show Events

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    So, anyone will fix the Stylish Spy skin?
    Might help if you described the problem better I couldn't understand personally
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

4. Post #284
    December 2012
    309 Posts

This includes the playermodel with the textures and a simple zombie texture and a fix for the knife

How do i make the promo less jaggy?

-EDIT1- Added a fix for the knife
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,742 Posts
    looking for crits on my models

hele-hat:

http://p3d.in/IGm8F

squid:

http://p3d.in/GiD9C

for the squid, should i model the suction cups, or should i just texture them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    Might help if you described the problem better I couldn't understand personally
    So, what needs to be fixed with the skin:

Random game crashing (dunno if other people have it, but when i have it installed, it crashes sometimes)
    Stock knife viewmodels
    Red tape recorder and enthusiast's timepiece using the normal Spy hands
    Tux and Power up canteen not placed correctly (Pretty sure Gintoki fixed those)

Edited:

Oh yeah, and also floating badges.

7. Post #287
    December 2012
    309 Posts
    So, what needs to be fixed with the skin:

Random game crashing (dunno if other people have it, but when i have it installed, it crashes sometimes)
    Stock knife viewmodels
    Red tape recorder and enthusiast's timepiece using the normal Spy hands
    Tux and Power up canteen not placed correctly (Pretty sure Gintoki fixed those)

Edited:

Oh yeah, and also floating badges.
    Fixed the badges and mvm bone related bugs and i'm trying to fix the knife now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    Fixed the badges and mvm bone related bugs and i'm trying to fix the knife now
    Thank you so much Gintoki. You already fixed the Coatless medic which was my favorite medic skin, and now your fixing the Stylish Spy, my favorite spy skin.
    I just don't know how much times i have to say Thank you, keep up the good work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lebanon Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

9. Post #289
    December 2012
    309 Posts
    Thank you so much Gintoki. You already fixed the Coatless medic which was my favorite medic skin, and now your fixing the Stylish Spy, my favorite spy skin.
    I just don't know how much times i have to say Thank you, keep up the good work.
    Uhm would you mind posting a picture of how the knife normally looks in idle animation? (i want to see if the arms are suppose to look kinda thin) it might be my using viewmodel fov 70 though.

-Edit- I added the knife fix to the rar so re-download

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    Uhm would you mind posting a picture of how the knife normally looks in idle animation? (i want to see if the arms are suppose to look kinda thin) it might be my using viewmodel fov 70 though.

-Edit- I added the knife fix to the rar so re-download
    Yeah, the spy's arm is pretty thin when holding the knife, i am using 70 FOV too. Did you also made the Spy's hand thicker? I cant test right now, cause i am at school.

11. Post #291
    December 2012
    309 Posts
    Yeah, the spy's arm is pretty thin when holding the knife, i am using 70 FOV too. Did you also made the Spy's hand thicker? I cant test right now, cause i am at school.
    No just fixed the animation bugging out

Edited:

I re-uved the model so now you can have textured nails and no gloves (but the default T.I.P texture has clamp s , clamp t on and baked ao on the arms so it's not compatible)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    No just fixed the animation bugging out
    Ah ok. Thanks. Just curious, did you also fix the Red Tape recorder and the Enthusiast's timepiece viewmodels? They use the default Spy hands.

13. Post #293
    December 2012
    309 Posts
    Ah ok. Thanks. Just curious, did you also fix the Red Tape recorder and the Enthusiast's timepiece viewmodels? They use the default Spy hands.
    Not yet but that's on my to-do list

14. Post #294
    February 2010
    1,191 Posts

This includes the playermodel with the textures and a simple zombie texture and a fix for the knife

How do i make the promo less jaggy?

-EDIT1- Added a fix for the knife
    This is the old model... Where's the new stylish spy version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

15. Post #295
    December 2012
    309 Posts
    This is the old model... Where's the new stylish spy version?
    link to said model? please.

I have no problem updating it but i need to download it first

16. Post #296
    May 2011
    204 Posts
    Are you going to get to fixing the engie's arms in that team colored gloves fix?
    Why? Whats wrong with it.

17. Post #297
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    Why? Whats wrong with it.
    His right arm is broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #298
    September 2011
    628 Posts

Need to pick design for the Detonator (red one) and Scorch Shot (orange one)

If I shouldn't use either then vote "Dumb" or "Dissagree"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree x 10Zing x 4Friendly x 3Artistic x 2Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    December 2012
    309 Posts

Need to pick design for the Detonator (red one) and Scorch Shot (orange one)

If I shouldn't use either then vote "Dumb" or "Dissagree"
    How about keeping the stripes from the default design , removing the pin and replacing it with a remote detonating device. (because "detonator" you know).

20. Post #300
    September 2012
    632 Posts
    why should we even use this thread? the first posts of 52th emporium isnt even full
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

21. Post #301
    September 2011
    628 Posts
    How about keeping the stripes from the default design , removing the pin and replacing it with a remote detonating device. (because "detonator" you know).
    because in the fire animation it will show Pyro pull the pin off before throwing the grenade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

22. Post #302
    It's not gay unless balls are touching
    February 2013
    2,299 Posts
    -snip-

Y NOONE LIKE ME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    October 2011
    819 Posts
    Sorry for this guys, but I have another issue and nobody is helping me...

Everytime I start TF2 today, I get this:

Nobody I've spoken to is having this issue and I've restarted Steam a few times. What should I do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

24. Post #304
    January 2013
    98 Posts

Nobody I've spoken to is having this issue and I've restarted Steam a few times. What should I do?
    same happends to me :I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #305
    September 2011
    628 Posts
    it seems like Steam is failing for everyone nowadays. For me I can't get Source SDK to work and I've tried everything I've been told to do (reinstall, verify cache files and start it up after turning off TF2)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    March 2013
    7,071 Posts
    I have been drawing a concept for a Scout misc. item I wanted to make, but there is one problem: I can't model, so if anyone is ready to model it, I'd highly appreciate it.
    Here is it:

Any thoughts?
    Edit: The sleeves are supposed to be rolled up, like the track terrorizer.
    I also used the scout image posted on the Texture Improvement Project page, I couldn't find another picture that shows the item better, I hope you are okay with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    October 2011
    819 Posts
    Those two little black splotches look weird, and the texture quality there seems a little eh. Honestly the whole thing looks a bit low-res
    Just open the texture in photoshop and export it to VTF, but make sure SRGB is unchecked.

Did the same thing for the Medigun c_model:

Also, saving it as BGRA8888 instead of DXT5/1 makes the textures a bit sharper too.

Also, How do I get the stock sticky launcher to use Kiyoshi's animations?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

28. Post #308
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,479 Posts
    I have been drawing a concept for a Scout misc. item I wanted to make, but there is one problem: I can't model, so if anyone is ready to model it, I'd highly appreciate it.
    Here is it:

Any thoughts?
    Edit: The sleeves are supposed to be rolled up, like the track terrorizer.
    reminds me of far cry3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #309
    December 2012
    184 Posts

worked for me after steam restart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #310
    December 2012
    309 Posts
    because in the fire animation it will show Pyro pull the pin off before throwing the grenade.
    In that case add the remote detonation device in the top of the normal pin and to active it the pyro pulls (or rips) the "pin" except that the detonation device is part of the grenade bone and it only removes the "pin" i think this could work with the animation you have in mind.

31. Post #311
    May 2011
    204 Posts
    His right arm is broken.
    That's because its 70 FOV fixed. I made another version without 70 FOV, download this here and choose Non 70 FOV under Engineer.

32. Post #312
    net
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    does a mod exist that keeps things like rocket explosions, blood splatters, ragdolls, and gibs throughout the entire match?

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,580 Posts
    does a mod exist that keeps things like rocket explosions, blood splatters, ragdolls, and gibs throughout the entire match?
    Do you know how laggy you'd get if ragdolls stuck around?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #314
    net
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    Do you know how laggy you'd get if ragdolls stuck around?
    suppose my computer could handle it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,239 Posts
    suppose my computer could handle it
    But the source engine might not be able to handle it.

36. Post #316
    net
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    But the source engine might not be able to handle it.
    alright. i was just curious because ive seen tf2 matches on youtube and shit like the rocket explosions stuck throughout the round and i thought that was interesting.

37. Post #317
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    August 2011
    5,430 Posts
    these can be done through console commands

rocket explosions and blood splatters are handled by decals, and I think Valve just raised the cap in a recent update. just set it to 999999 in the advanced options, then click apply. it's basically the same thing.

cl_ragdoll_fadetime affects ragdolls, set that to 9999999 too I guess

there's nothing in the console for gibs, sorry

sv_breakable_disable_gib_limit MIGHT work if the server enables it

sv_prop_active_gib_limit and sv_prop_active_gib_max_fade_time look useful, but again, server needs to enable it

also those last three would mean everyone on the server would need a supercomputer because eventually source starts shitting itself when there's too many phys objects going (see: gmod where you spawn a bunch of ragdolls or a bajillion barrels)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

38. Post #318
    net
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    these can be done through console commands

rocket explosions and blood splatters are handled by decals, and I think Valve just raised the cap in a recent update. just set it to 999999 in the advanced options, then click apply. it's basically the same thing.

cl_ragdoll_fadetime affects ragdolls, set that to 9999999 too I guess

there's nothing in the console for gibs, sorry

sv_breakable_disable_gib_limit MIGHT work if the server enables it

sv_prop_active_gib_limit and sv_prop_active_gib_max_fade_time look useful, but again, server needs to enable it

also those last three would mean everyone on the server would need a supercomputer because eventually source starts shitting itself when there's too many phys objects going (see: gmod where you spawn a bunch of ragdolls or a bajillion barrels)
    thanks

39. Post #319
    March 2012
    1,980 Posts
    Who will be the first to make ap sap a sapper mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,118 Posts
    link to said model? please.

I have no problem updating it but i need to download it first
    It was never released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)