1. Post #921
    February 2013
    305 Posts
    They are totaly no ASIAN hat for the sniper in the workshop :|
    I know,he have only Americano-Australian (or Britain) hats.
    But I would like one :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Nintendo Wii France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #922
    October 2012
    91 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #923
    August 2012
    353 Posts
    Show the world (spectators) what needs to be done, and what you did, to clean the streets (server) from all opposing elements (enemy team), with this:

Your own serial killer hat. Each Kill upgrades the hat (?). Up to 5+ kills. Resets on dying.

I just hope this will be possible.

Hate posts there: TheDoctor (TF2 WIKI GUY)

Seperate thought: Occam's razor for the spy. On kill it is left in the corpse back. ("Because there is a knife the spy holds it. Because there is a knife in YOUR back, you're dead. The simplest solution is the answer to that."
    OK, that might be a little too advanced for any of us to make. Hats tend to be static models, not evolving ones like that one.

The Occam's Razor left in the back might also be a tad hard. We don't determine stats, and I would assume that having a knife that needs to recharge like the Sapper does in MvM isn't going to be popular without some other serious buffs.

In other news, here's an updated UV map. I've tried to emphasize the larger and more prominent details of the model in this one. Still a lot of empty space in it, though:

And, in case it's not clear what region is what in this one, I made an annotated version:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

4. Post #924
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    It's actually meant to be a silver neck chain, though it doesn't look much like one since there's no phongmask yet, and it's there to hide the seam between the model and engineers neck.
    I think trying to hide the seam is pointless, they should try to make the skin match with the head's skin, much like the original zipperface, you know before the texture quality decreased.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #925
    February 2013
    305 Posts

If they could add a red circle ,into a new style for the yellow belt

THIS will be a badass Japanese's hat!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Nintendo Wii France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    2,455 Posts
    Well... he IS Australian. I mean you don't see me walking down the road wearing a kimono? (also Australian)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

7. Post #927
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,369 Posts
    Well, there's this:

I wish it had that red circle style along with it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #928
    February 2013
    305 Posts
    Well... he IS Australian. I mean you don't see me walking down the road wearing a kimono? (also Australian)

Would you see a black scottish guy with a Samuraļ hat 3:?
    Or even a xenophobic soldier with a Kabuto?

That's TF2,so yeah!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Nintendo Wii France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #929
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,279 Posts
    A and B should be rectagles, not like that.
    E seems really strangely uv'd, looks like there's overlapping or something on the right side and the left side shouldn't be cut i think.
    F and G shouln't be cut, they should be full circles. Also looks like there's a lot of polys there, could use some optimisation.
    K looks like it needs either more seams or less, but it doesn't look good right now.

Also lot of unused space!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

10. Post #930
    December 2012
    2,094 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    February 2013
    305 Posts
    I didn't get the chance to get the Tsunami donation hat...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Nintendo Wii France Show Events

12. Post #932
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,369 Posts
    Me neither - I really wish they made that hat tradeable. It looks really good on most classes imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

13. Post #933
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    2,455 Posts
    Would you see a black scottish guy with a Samuraļ hat 3:?
    Or even a xenophobic soldier with a Kabuto?

That's TF2,so yeah!
    ...well played...

14. Post #934
    August 2012
    353 Posts
    A and B should be rectagles, not like that.
    E seems really strangely uv'd, looks like there's overlapping or something on the right side and the left side shouldn't be cut i think.
    F and G shouln't be cut, they should be full circles. Also looks like there's a lot of polys there, could use some optimisation.
    K looks like it needs either more seams or less, but it doesn't look good right now.

Also lot of unused space!
    Yeah...

A and B are like that because I thought you wouldn't be allowed to make that one solid face. I'll fix that.
    The gagues are a little wierd. Not sure how to fix that. I'll take a crack at it.
    I'll try un-cutting F and G. The extra polys are there to emphasize the jet boosters on the bottom of the tanks. I split the 14 faces on the bottom section into 3 new ones each, and scaled up the central face in each split to add a grooved look to the jets. I might remove it though, that particular section was a pain to UV.
    K definately needs more seams. I'll give it another crack.

Attempt 3:

This time, the fuel filler caps are two different regions. I also added a new region to the gagues, that being the walls of the gague insert.

I also de-split the top and bottom of the tanks, and changed the top and bottom of the central unit to basic rectangular faces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

15. Post #935
    July 2012
    443 Posts
    Could someone tell/show me what this texture needs?

16. Post #936
    Leviticus 20:13
    Dennab
    June 2012
    2,101 Posts
    Could someone tell/show me what this texture needs?

Could be more shiny. Maybe a weapon phong mask or something. (I don't have a clue about this kinda stuff.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    July 2012
    443 Posts
    Could be more shiny. Maybe a weapon phong mask or something. (I don't have a clue about this kinda stuff.)
    My Graphics card can't load phong masks. The material checks out I just want to know what the texture needs, ex. worn edges, chipping, etc.

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,487 Posts
    The Camp Ranger

All images lead to the workshop, like all toilets lead to the sewer.

Model by Hawf, texture by Void.

Do your thing.
    Will this be released as a mod anytime soon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events

19. Post #939
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,313 Posts
    I think trying to hide the seam is pointless, they should try to make the skin match with the head's skin, much like the original zipperface, you know before the texture quality decreased.
    it isn't pointless, blending seamlessly is extremely difficult
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #940
    July 2012
    443 Posts

Anybody want it released as a mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,640 Posts
    Sniper ideas. WARNING: MAY BE AUSTRALIAN.

Ice cream container helmet. (why: we use them to protect ourselves from swooping magpies.)

Cane toad skin items; shoes, jackets, wallets. Maybe a cane toad as a Jarate replacement. (why: we have a hatred for the canetoad, but since there are so many we try to make them into wallets and things so they're useful and not just a horrible plague on society)

Tasmanian Tiger skin vest. (why: they went extinct in the 30's, sniper having a vest made from their skin would show how skilled a big game hunter he was. he tracked down a supposedly EXTINCT animal to make a vest. he's that good)

Any of these fine AUSTRALIAN birds to replace Sir Hootsalot. (why: fucking immigrants taking our jobs, that's what)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts

Anybody want it released as a mod?
    I don't want it but you already made it so whatever why not release it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #943
    GOLD MEMBER
    July 2012
    2,063 Posts
    Hey for HUD stuff is there a way I can reload the Resource folder?

hud_reloadscheme doesn't do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,566 Posts
    you clearly don't know what cool is

I agree with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #945
    December 2011
    1,742 Posts
    Here is the smaller weave by the way

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #946
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,742 Posts
    how does this bowtie look?

http://p3d.in/xN1Iv

does it make scout look sexy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,703 Posts
    Show the world (spectators) what needs to be done, and what you did, to clean the streets (server) from all opposing elements (enemy team), with this:

Your own serial killer hat. Each Kill upgrades the hat (?). Up to 5+ kills. Resets on dying.

Seperate thought: Occam's razor for the spy. On kill it is left in the corpse back. ("Because there is a knife the spy holds it. Because there is a knife in YOUR back, you're dead. The simplest solution is the answer to that."
    The concept is good but the hat looks awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #948
    August 2009
    1,578 Posts
    I like Devo and all, but I just don't think it has a place in TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,407 Posts

I think red is one colour you don't want to see in something meant to be covered in your own urine.

30. Post #950
    March 2011
    1,214 Posts

alright well the AO bake wasn't as finicky on the vents as I thought it was gonna be, neat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #951
    January 2010
    1,162 Posts
    Sniper ideas. WARNING: MAY BE AUSTRALIAN.

[tasmanian tiger vest]

something like this came to mind when you put the idea up.... tho i think i should add some stuff that drapes at the bottom down like this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #952
    September 2011
    628 Posts

Me and Stachekip both agree that Dr. Pyspy's textures are better than the last version.

Download coming soon. I just want to fuck around in TF2 first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #953
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,275 Posts
    Have a really bad sentry idea

Don't know how it'd level up, but it would kinda be fun to have

Also the size would have to be small and a bit chunky to make up for the Level 1 sentry size:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #954
    July 2012
    443 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,575 Posts
    how does this bowtie look?

http://p3d.in/xN1Iv

does it make scout look sexy?
    Without you saying bowtie it's impossible to tell what that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts

Took a little longer but here it is, mod release is in the OP already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts

It could maybe be done that a texture changes with kills like the thing with the heart that increases as you give gifts but valve would have to write the proxy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

38. Post #958
    December 2012
    184 Posts

yes or no ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 26Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #959
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    9,610 Posts
    i love your concept art style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,575 Posts

yes or no ?
    Stream it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)