August 2010
    1,406 Posts
    AT-15, good tankey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,019 Posts
    Earlier in the QA, didn't they say there would be more winter maps?

Am I the only one that would dislike that if they were like Arctic Region? I would really like something like the Bocage in Normandy or maybe a closed map set in Berlin or Stalingrad (wouldn't mind a snowy version of that).

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    1,790 Posts
    AT-15, good tankey.
    you have the T110E3 I want :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts

SCREAMS INTERNALLY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

5. Post #565
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,181 Posts

SCREAMS INTERNALLY
    Internally? Why not externally?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,170 Posts
    SCREAMS INTERNALLY
    It's shocking how many people in a game generally do nothing at all. I mean, I just don't understand it, they can't all be bots, there actually have to be people who are that retarded. It's beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #567
    October 2009
    1,256 Posts
    Wargaming really need to make a game mode where we can pick a tank and shoot at it, so we know its weakspots etc. That would be one step in increasing average skill levels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #568
    Taggart took me to a tier 9 match in my tier 6 KV-2, using his Tiger. I ended up getting top exp and top damage on the team and carried us to glorious victory.
    I would be happy if you provided a replay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Poland Show Events

9. Post #569
    April 2010
    1,747 Posts
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I can't make poems for shit
    Gimme my reward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,786 Posts
    What is with people accusing me of gold ammo when I get a critical hit? I can understand noobs whining about it when I'm actually targeting their weak spots, but a Chaffee getting all pissed off from me setting him on fire with one shot...

Do they think gold does more damage, or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #571
    bye
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,063 Posts
    Wargaming really need to make a game mode where we can pick a tank and shoot at it, so we know its weakspots etc. That would be one step in increasing average skill levels.
    Team Training / Test Server not good enough for this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,769 Posts
    They think that my SU-100 is using gold when it kills tier 5 tanks. It's amusing, to say the least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts
    What is with people accusing me of gold ammo when I get a critical hit? I can understand noobs whining about it when I'm actually targeting their weak spots, but a Chaffee getting all pissed off from me setting him on fire with one shot...

Do they think gold does more damage, or something?
    Gold shells do increased module damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,786 Posts
    Actually, I'm curious now. Does HEAT work the same way as HE in that it damages modules in a cone shaped spread from the point of impact, or does it just act like an overpowered AP round?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,406 Posts

Scores dropped a bit, I blame the terribad Su-101.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts
    Actually, I'm curious now. Does HEAT work the same way as HE in that it damages modules in a cone shaped spread from the point of impact, or does it just act like an overpowered AP round?
    Acts like an OP AP round with no normalization, but does increased module damage, afaik.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #577

November 2012
    347 Posts
    Gold shells do increased module damage
    Sorry mate. Gold HEAT does more module damage. HE does more module damage. Gold AP ammo does same module damage as standard AP.

Edited:

Behaves exactly as HE except higher pen and no splash damage range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Europe Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts
    Sorry mate. Gold HEAT does more module damage. HE does more module damage. Gold AP ammo does same module damage as standard AP.

Edited:

Behaves exactly as HE except higher pen and no splash damage range.
    Interesting, I thought GameModel3D users had said that gold shells in general have increased module damage, including APCR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events

19. Post #579

November 2012
    347 Posts
    Acts like an OP AP round with no normalization, but does increased module damage, afaik.
    Neither HE nor HEAT are normalised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Europe Show Events

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,747 Posts
    oh god my sides, playing on lakeville this guy in a cruiser IV went afk sitting on the edge of the central pass, so I decided to nudge him off the edge just for fun, the guy slides down towards the water but breaks his tracks and stops so he's just sitting there stuck with 1/4 of his tank underwater.

And now hes back and hes got no idea what to do, none of the enemies can find him and he's the last guy on our team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #581

November 2012
    347 Posts
    Interesting, I thought GameModel3D users had said that gold shells in general have increased module damage, including APCR
    Well, quite a few gold shells are HEAT, but other than that, I don't know why. There is an argument, that if you pen more often you cause module damage more often.
    As far as I am aware, there are only two damage models. AP and HE. All other types of shells are variants of parameter of those two.

AP parameters are damage, pen and normalisation (normalisation varies a bit between shells)
    HE parameters are damage, pen and explosion/splash size

HESH I find very confusing, because aas a round in real life they were not penetrators at all. They were designed to explode on the outside of the tank and cause spalling, knocking out crew and modules. Clearly it was too much for WG to model so they just fudged it by treating it the same as HEAT (ie with a pen value etc).

Edited:

As Stalin said, "quantity has a quality all of it's own"

All those games are random pubs (no more than 20 plats/companies/CWs). I'm a completionist, ie want to have every tank researched. Played every T9 except Brit TD and the two Chinese (nearly there). Played all T7 arty (boo!). Problem is that I feel compelled to daily double all of the remaining research lines every day, so never really get a chance to make the most of a tank unless I get time at the weekends.

It's an affliction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Europe Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts

Talk about carrying the team

Edited:

Killed 2 tier 9s, total of 6 tanks, a tier 7 light
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts
    Well, quite a few gold shells are HEAT, but other than that, I don't know why. There is an argument, that if you pen more often you cause module damage more often.
    As far as I am aware, there are only two damage models. AP and HE. All other types of shells are variants of parameter of those two.

AP parameters are damage, pen and normalisation (normalisation varies a bit between shells)
    HE parameters are damage, pen and explosion/splash size

HESH I find very confusing, because aas a round in real life they were not penetrators at all. They were designed to explode on the outside of the tank and cause spalling, knocking out crew and modules. Clearly it was too much for WG to model so they just fudged it by treating it the same as HEAT (ie with a pen value etc).

Edited:

As Stalin said, "quantity has a quality all of it's own"

All those games are random pubs (no more than 20 plats/companies/CWs). I'm a completionist, ie want to have every tank researched. Played every T9 except Brit TD and the two Chinese (nearly there). Played all T7 arty (boo!). Problem is that I feel compelled to daily double all of the remaining research lines every day, so never really get a chance to make the most of a tank unless I get time at the weekends.

It's an affliction.
    Weirdly enough, looking through GameModels3D now for a bunch of random guns shows that device damage is the same between AP and prem shells, regardless if the prem shell is HEAT or APCR. I can only check it for low tier tanks, but this is rather strange...

Shogoll 1 Week Ago posted:

grindgrindgrind

dat grind - I've owned this tank for 3 days, I don't know how I managed this.

speedgrindstats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events

24. Post #584
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts
    Weirdly enough, looking through GameModels3D now for a bunch of random guns shows that device damage is the same between AP and prem shells, regardless if the prem shell is HEAT or APCR. I can only check it for low tier tanks, but this is rather strange...
    90% of prem shells deal the same module damge AP does.

The ones with bonus module damage are, and always were, the ones which also deal additional armor damage.

Thing is that I have read somewhere that HEAT has higher chance of hitting crewmen
    , but I wouldn't count on it, as it might be one of the many many misinformations WG produced or something that just god mistranslated.

Right now I am fairly sure HEAT has same module damaging mechanics as AP, not HE - with the HE, you are thinking HESH, Rollup.

Edited:

Oh, nevermind

All crew members have the same chance to get knocked out when hit, however starting with game version 0.7.4 this chance depends on the damage type:

Crew hit by AP/APCR/HEAT shell: 33%
    Crew hit by (internal) explosion: 10%
    Yeah, no. HEAT has no additional module hitting advantage over AP.

PERHAPS, only thing that comes to my mind, is, that the shells don't travel "all the way through" - and maybe, possibly, HEAT is just better at digging through the insides of the tank, but I really don't know about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

25. Post #585

November 2012
    347 Posts
    Right now I am fairly sure HEAT has same module damaging mechanics as AP, not HE - with the HE, you are thinking HESH, Rollup.
    There once was a tanker from UK
    Who seemed to invariably say
    ...A HESH was a HEAT
    ...An HE was a HESH
    He might get it right some day

...or I might not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Europe Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #586
    roar
    January 2008
    10,365 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #587
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    Brave T-50 takes no shit from anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #588
    Gold Member

December 2012
    580 Posts
    My heart goes out to the engine.

29. Post #589
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts
    ALALALALALALALALA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #590
    IPK
    Dennab
    August 2012
    1,876 Posts
    how i play in a nutshell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,406 Posts
    You can kill both of them and survive, but fuck that, RAMMING IS AWESOME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    8,251 Posts
    Little known fact: The T-50 was widely regarded as the worlds first ATGM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,662 Posts
    play in the day: good matchmaking, unstable internet
    play at night: bad matchmaking, stable internet

:(

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,040 Posts
    How good is the M24 Chaffee?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #595
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts
    How good is the M24 Chaffee?
    Good.

I would still rather suggest T71 because that thing is basically chaffee but better in every way except gun dispersion on the move..

And also gets you somewhere further.

Chaffee should eventually lead to Walker Bulldog and possibly other shenanigans, but who knows at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

36. Post #596
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts
    Last night's results, majority in the SU-100Y. It annihilates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    12,231 Posts
    KV-2 - 100% Winrate

The Tiger Protects

38. Post #598
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts
    KV-2 - 100% Winrate

The Tiger Protects
    Well it was only two battles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    12,231 Posts
    ofc

but even so

Edited:

meanwhile my stats suck cock with the Tiger (dat winrate, fuck lemming teams)

40. Post #600
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts
    I would be happy if you provided a replay.
    http://horobox.co.uk/u/Orkel_1363145359.rar

Edited:

Lucky as hell shots that game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events