1. Post #201
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,668 Posts
    But who was dumb enough to issue them green uniforms in a arctic locale?
    I dunno, why did the US army issue digital grey camouflage for soldiers during 2005 to 2011 that stands out a lot in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or why didn't the US military issue Olive drab uniforms instead of the tiger stripe or the ERDL camo that had far better performance than OD and could save thousands of lives?

It's a mystery.

2. Post #202
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,047 Posts
    But who was dumb enough to issue them green uniforms in a arctic locale?
    Maybe they're the spear head that got cut off from the main force and it started blizzarding?

Sorta like the Battle of the Bulge American uniforms

101st had their [mostly] OD uniforms and not alot of white cloth or any white covering to put over it

3. Post #203
    January 2012
    149 Posts

Let me know if you need anything changed.
    Awesome, thanks!

Edited:

Could someone edit this so that there is some smoke coming from the city thing and some sand being kicked up from the tank and soldiers feet? And a bit of atmosphere in general. Thanks

soldier and m113 models?

4. Post #204
    July 2012
    1,106 Posts
    soldier and m113 models?
    What, that need editing? Yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #205
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,047 Posts
    Soldiers are from the World in Conflict US Forces pack and that M113 is a FV432(If I'm not mistaken) from the World in Conflict NATO vehicle pack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    March 2010
    83 Posts
    I dunno, why did the US army issue digital grey camouflage for soldiers during 2005 to 2011 that stands out a lot in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or why didn't the US military issue Olive drab uniforms instead of the tiger stripe or the ERDL camo that had far better performance than OD and could save thousands of lives?

It's a mystery.
    Because it would cost way too much, they used what they had. It is very expensive to outfit your entire army with new uniforms.

7. Post #207
    Gold Member

November 2012
    1,723 Posts
    Can someone make this look colder? Maybe darken up the AK laying on his lap, it looks a bit too light. Also, the blood could use some improvement if possible.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    December 2009
    6,668 Posts
    Because it would cost way too much, they used what they had. It is very expensive to outfit your entire army with new uniforms.
    that's not the point and they had money to fund bankrupt companies to create stuff like Bell to make helicopters for them or Colt Defences to give every rifle man an m16(not to mention helicopters and newly developed and constructed firearms are expensive as fuck compared to cheap uniforms), the US had a shitload of money back then and think how the US army managed to replace all of the uniforms to OCP back in 2011 although they were in debt from the financial crisis of 2008.

IF YOU WANT TO EXPRESS YOUR DUMBASS OPINION PLEASE DON'T FILL THIS THREAD WITH SHIT, PM THE CREATOR, THERE IS ALREADY 3 REPLIES THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE OF BEING HERE AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD IT'S A GOD DAMN PICTURE NOT A HISTORY DOCUMENT WITH ERRORS YOU HAVE TO FIX

Edited:

hope infab will post this on the rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Seducer of Demons
    December 2011
    3,643 Posts
    Added a new rule to the OP.

I suggest the new posters to take a gander at it before posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #210
    January 2012
    149 Posts

Can someone add a blood pool like in this picture :

I tried myself but I'm not satisfied :

The feels in that scene :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #211
    June 2013
    155 Posts
    Think anyone can edit this?

12. Post #212
    April 2013
    195 Posts
    I mean i already went through and edited my shot pretty extensively (which I think came out beautifully) which you can view more at (including scene build and all my variations) at http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1276995 but i am really curious to see how someone else might fair tackling my shot with fancy edits... im allowing freedom to try as I am probably going to use this idea and build a comic off of it, whoever chooses to make the shot really nice.

I recommend you use this one

OH and if it helps when you (As in whoever decides to) edits the picture, i think its best to know that even though it is apocalyptic/fall-of-civilization in theme, it was more for me to try and pull forward an aesthetic i find very beautiful which is nature reclaiming its domain.

Sorry for blurring it too much and taking away a bunch of detail.

Yolo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    September 2011
    180 Posts
    A picture I made for the screenshot contest.
    In order to get correct colours on them both; turn up the brightness a lot.
    Did that to reduce the greenscreen shine interfering with
    the models so you wouldn't have that much of those green edges.

You might want to use this:

Forgot to put these in here too.
    A couple of old ones.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    April 2013
    195 Posts
    awesome work. this makes it more infected-like.
    Yeah, I wanted a post-apocalypse feel and a 'wow, that's pretty' feeling too. Unfortunately
    , I tried to make dynamic shadows by hand, and it didn't turn out right. :/

15. Post #215
    VOTE CLINTON 2016 (ignore anything else i say)
    Dennab
    February 2009
    6,085 Posts
    Think anyone can edit this?
    You can thank me later.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

16. Post #216
    ­­­
    Dennab
    September 2012
    2,199 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #217
    April 2013
    195 Posts
    Get out of here, Stalker.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

18. Post #218
    March 2012
    205 Posts
    Old Mass Effect stuff. Edit as you please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    2,343 Posts

Edit it as you like, but make the wheels look like they're turning and dirt spewing out from the back....

20. Post #220
    December 2009
    6,668 Posts

no SDoF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,077 Posts

Go wild.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #222

September 2011
    853 Posts
    Okey so i tried to edit this on my own but i really cant get rid of the greenscreen properly , so imma post this here ...would like to see what you guys might come up with along with seeing how much better you can make it .

My attempt at it

Anyone got any tips for properly getting rid of greenscreening in Pshop ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,027 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic x 2Friendly x 2Winner x 2Artistic x 1Dumb x 1Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,933 Posts
    Go nuts.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,686 Posts

Comparison
    Just the effects overlay for you weirdos who want to re-do the colors

Could use more lens flare and fire in my opinion, but my frostbite engine filter won't go any higher

Edited:

If you'd like a toned-down version as well just with the DOF and color-correction let me know, all I have to do is strip away the fire and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,933 Posts
    That looks really good actually, could you by any chance tone down the explosion behind the riot guy a bit? (Don't remove it, just tone it down.)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,686 Posts
    Sure thing. Toned down the over-all glow and decreased the brightness/contrast in the background fire.

Also, here's one without any of the effects, just the DOF and CC.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,933 Posts
    Both versions looks awesome, mind if i post them? (You will be credited for the editing of course.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,719 Posts
    Sure thing. Toned down the over-all glow and decreased the brightness/contrast in the background fire.

Also, here's one without any of the effects, just the DOF and CC.

Those look like from an entirely different game now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #230
    September 2011
    180 Posts

He's supposed to be holding this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,686 Posts
    Both versions looks awesome, mind if i post them? (You will be credited for the editing of course.)
    I don't mind at all, go for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

32. Post #232
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    9,224 Posts
    Rather generic.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    999 Posts
    Rather generic.

Where did you get that sexy astronaut model? I hope it's not private.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #234
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    9,224 Posts
    I made the skin, Ninja nub ported it, ragdolled, shaders etc.

It's not done yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,090 Posts
    it's work in progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,933 Posts

Feel free to do whatever you want.

37. Post #237
    September 2011
    180 Posts
    IMO it's kind of funny how only 20% of all the screenshots actually get edited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,933 Posts
    There used to be alot of people that edited stuff in this thread, but editing is time-consuming that's why it happens so rarely nowadays. (In comparison to how it used to be.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #239

January 2012
    14 Posts
    Welp, doubt it'll get edited but if anyone wants to give it a whirl that'd be magnificent. Just want to see what people could come up with maybe?

40. Post #240
    May 2011
    84 Posts
    A picture I never got around to finishing,
    I was planning to give it some depressing looks
    and you probably want to edit in some clouds on the failed green screen I forgot to color

Hope you liek it

Welp, doubt it'll get edited but if anyone wants to give it a whirl that'd be magnificent. Just want to see what people could come up with maybe?

Don't go to the woods.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)