1. Post #4561
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    hey we never posted this whoops

idea was a bit rough around the edges but it's supposed to be an area denial/trapper weapon

2. Post #4562
    April 2016
    1,486 Posts
    hey we never posted this whoops

idea was a bit rough around the edges but it's supposed to be an area denial/trapper weapon
    I like the concept.. But the combination of spread and low area of effect would probably make it difficult to use in actual games... It might be annoying when trying to capture a small point as well, making it the pyro can spam it continuously to keep the enemy team from being able to capture the point.

Why I wanted this type of weapon being a tossable bottle like madmilk/jarate. As it would have a cool down associated to it to keep the pyro from spamming it endlessly on points.

3. Post #4563
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,473 Posts
    looks like a perf hog

4. Post #4564
    November 2014
    1,033 Posts
    Had an idea for a passive medic secondary. Not a medigun but a backpack thing.

-Can't heal
    -can't uber
    -all allies in a 450 unit radius (amputator taunt radius) have 50% damage resistance and regenerate 8 health per second

I think this is decently balanced, it's pros are it applies to as many people as you'd like and you can use other weapons during that time and spycheck. Cons are that medic himself is not protected at all and buffed allies receive no knockback protection, so it becomes somewhat easy to knock someone out of the radius. Finally, it leads to people being bunched up, allowing splash damage characters to hit most of the team at once or huntsman snipers to fire away at the crowd and hit a head.

5. Post #4565
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    The Bloodluster: A Solly Secondary
    Level X Shotgun that I made up before the Black Box
    + Does nothing but crits
    - You lose 40 health every time you fire

6. Post #4566
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    17,062 Posts
    Had an idea for a passive medic secondary. Not a medigun but a backpack thing.

-Can't heal
    -can't uber
    -all allies in a 450 unit radius (amputator taunt radius) have 50% damage resistance and regenerate 8 health per second

I think this is decently balanced, it's pros are it applies to as many people as you'd like and you can use other weapons during that time and spycheck. Cons are that medic himself is not protected at all and buffed allies receive no knockback protection, so it becomes somewhat easy to knock someone out of the radius. Finally, it leads ters to hit most of the team at once or huntsto people being bunched up, allowing splash damage characman snipers to fire away at the crowd and hit a head.
    Horrible. Even if it were a constant Concheror and Battalion's Backup buff combined, that'd still be bad and outclassed by literally any medigun.

Don't take the medicing out of medic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #4567
    April 2016
    1,486 Posts
    Horrible. Even if it were a constant Concheror and Battalion's Backup buff combined, that'd still be bad and outclassed by literally any medigun.

Don't take the medicing out of medic.
    I could see that being more of an Engineer thing more then a medic one...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #4568
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    A Minigun whose victims drop Small Health Pickups (instead of Medium Ammo Pickups)

9. Post #4569
    January 2017
    145 Posts
    Crossbow idea

> Can overheal (? not sure about this)

> Heals a set amount of hp in an instant (thinking about 40-esque) and then it heals the rest (up to 110) at vaccinator rate (24/s in combat, 8/s if overhealed; 72/s out-of combat, 24/s if overhealed)

> Damage taken should either reset the rate to minimum or just cut the healing altogether

> Only builds uber on the instant heal (so 2%)

> rework bolt model/ add heal particles to make it clear how it works

This would make it so that crossbow doesn't screw with uber building.

(Or just make it so that it doesn't build uber.)

EDIT: wrong thread, sorry

10. Post #4570
    June 2014
    3,033 Posts
    A set of Spy weapons specifically made for a very sneaky style of play (though you probably wouldn't want to use them all together).

Revolver:
    (i) Wherever the bullet hits is where the "firing sound" happens. (The gun itself is a silenced pistol, the bullets have a microphone attached that, after contacting a wall or a person, make the sound of the stock revolver firing. Crazy Spytech shit I guess)
    (+) On MOUSE2, while disguised: Fire the weapon selected of the class you're disguised as (whatever the weapon is doesn't hurt anyone).
    (-) 25% damage penalty

Sapper Replacement:
    (i) On MOUSE1: Creates an invisible aura around yourself that makes silent everything within a 5 foot radius of yourself for 10 seconds.
    (-) Takes 15 seconds to regenerate (after the effects are over).
    (-) You can't hear anything going on around you (besides in-game comms).

Watch (v2):
    Cloak Type: Killer Unseen
    (i) After successfully killing an enemy by backstabbing them, the cloak activates instantly, and the user becomes completely invisible. (as if cloak fade time were 0s, similar to Dead Ringer)
    (+) For the first two seconds of cloak, the player does not flicker after being damaged or by bumping into the enemy
    (+) +25% damage resistance on backstab cloaks
    (+) -50% decloak fade time
    (-) +100% cloak fade time on non-backstab cloaks
    (-) -40% cloak time

Knife (v2):
    (i) On backstab: The enemy is marked for death silently (multiple enemies can be marked for death)
    (+) Can backstab without losing a disguise
    (+) +35% swing speed
    (+) -50% cloak and decloak fade time
    (-) Backstabs do no damage

Thoughts:

The revolver basically just combines two sneaky ideas I've had for Spy for a while but never thought would do really well. It will make people a lot more paranoid though, since the stock revolver isn't exactly an unpopular choice in competitive. The "secondary fire" for this weapon is basically just meant to make Spies more believable in their disguises, which means the enemy will be spychecking everyone, leading to more paranoia, which could be good or bad.

The sapper replacement might be overpowered/the only thing people use/banned in 6s. Apparently having ears is one of Spy's biggest counters, so an item that removes the enemy's ability to hear him might be overpowered. Also gels with the DR extremely well. It would also silence the enemy's scream on backstab, so it'd be really powerful in Casual.

The watch might be banned in 6s, though it's the playstyle I had in mind when making it (get a pick, get away). Also you can't get chainstabs with it, so nobody will use it in Casual :V. It will gel well with the new knife I just came up with as well as pretty much all the other knives (but especially the Big Earner.)

The knife, which I thought of last, is an idea I've seen thrown around quite a bit over the past few years, the Spy trading his one-shotting ability for a more team-focused "kill this guy" mentality. The issue with it is that the idea as a whole is far too weak. So I've given it some more meat. The idea is that the Spy, if he's good at not missing backstabs, gets behind the enemy and marks maybe 1 or 2 of them for death, and alerts his team. Team wipes out marked targets, and, now outnumbering the enemy, kills the rest of them. The new watch would allow the team to make easy pickings from a distance with less risk on the spy's part. (Would gel with the Enforcer? Though I expect it to be changed sometime since it's weak right now)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #4571
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    1,304 Posts
    My sleep deprived brain shat some dumb gimmick guns, thought I'd shit them out here in case there's any idea here worth anything:

The Your Eternal Reward's Cousin
    Level X Gimmick Knife
    +On Backstab: Replaces the victim with a dummy player
    +Quiet Killer: Kills do not appear on the Killfeed
    i:Quiet Killer: Victims make a distinctive, but quiet (inviswatch tier) sound
    +Some benefit that synergizes with main gimmick (can disguise as dummy instantly? can swap places with dummy by disguising as it [too complex, dumb, and potentially wonky]?)
    -Some negatives that hinders the spy's ability to move in/escape

Dummy information: The dummy is a hallucination replacing the spy's victim. These dummies last for 3 seconds before dissipating into distracting team-colored smoke (nothing too blinding, just something to alert the team) This knife is similar to spawning a disguised, intangible spy, though these dummies are more convincing.
    From the enemy team's perspective, they see their teammate still alive and standing. The decoy imitates the player's last actions, so if the player was holding forward or was firing, they'll still be firing or moving forward. The dummy won't be firing projectiles/tracers[?], taking damage, and their patient's health won't actually be going up, cluing the team in that their teammate is actually dead.
    From the spy and his team's perspective, the dummy is either not rendered to prevent the team from being distracted, or the dummy uses a model in the style of the training targets or a scarecrow.
    This weapon, just like the real Your Eternal Reward, unfortunately relies on the enemy team's lack of communication and teamwork. Using this weapon against unsuspecting and uncommunicative players will lull them into a false sense of security as they'll assume they're being backed up by their team, until they notice their teammates acting bizarrely(walking into walls, continuously firing at air, etc) or disappearing into smoke. If the spy has some way of backstabbing a victim before the victim's medic pops uber, the dummy will be ineffectually ubered. Due to their potentially bizarre behavior and their fast disappearance, these dummies might also have some utility as fake disguised spies, allowing for more getaways and psychological torture.
    This gimmick knife is probably more fitting as an ability for a MOBA or an RTS than a game like Team Fortress 2 though.

Retro Flamethrower
    Level X Flamethrower
    i): The Flamethrower fires giant flame projectiles instead of particles.
    i):Each ball deals 20 damage (Base Damage). These balls dissipate after reaching 450 hammer units. Their hitbox is the same size as the normal flame particles
    i): There is no damage ramp-up, only fall-off
    i):When these balls collide with solid objects (buildings, map geography, etc.) they explode (teleporter sized splash radius, 5 damage) [probably meaningless stat]
    -Reduced Afterburn (Either damage or duration)
    -Removed Airblast

This flamethrower trades some stream damage, overall dps and unpredictable and inconsistent flame particles for more damage per burst and doubled range.
    The flamethrower propels a constant stream of giant flaming balls at the speed of the current bison projectiles, at a firing rate of .13 seconds (115(base)/61(max fall-off) DPS, compared to Stock's 154/108 DPS).
    This flamethrower's slow but longer lasting flames are meant for area denial, burst damage, intimidation, and longer ranged harassment.
    Due to the flamethrower's nature, the Pyro and their enemies have a more reliable visual representation of where the flames are. This can benefit the Pyro's enemies as they can gauge more easily whether they'll be hit by the flames or not.
    The drastically increased range on the Flamethrower's effective range might be overstepping the boundaries of the Pyro and their core weaknesses and strengths a bit too much. The flamethrower's effective range and damage also reduces the need to use the shotgun, despite the slowness and predictability of the flames.
    This flamethrower is inspired heavily by both the Wolfenstein 3d Flamethrower and the Quake 3 Plasma Rifle. I fear that the overall damage penalty may not compensate enough for the range/area denial boost, but this is more shitting out a concept than an actually well thought out and balanced weapon.

Final Dumb Gimmick:
    Wrangler-Sapper
    Level X Sapper
    i): Sap type: Attention Attraction/Owner Override
    +50% increased sapper health (takes 3 whacks from stock wrench)
    -40% sapper damage penalty

Hidden stats related to the Sapper's effects on buildings:
    +Sapped buildings only target the Spy
    +60% less damage taken from sapped sentries
    +Sapped sentries are constantly firing
    +Sapped sentries can not harm anyone other than the sapper's owner and the sentries' owner(rockets included)
    +Sapped buildings work at double efficiency (Doubled dispensing from dispensers, increased teleporter recharging, etc.)
    -Sapped sentries have "infinite range"
    -This also includes sentries
    -Buildings remain "active" while sapped

Buildings sapped by this sapper will focus exclusively on the Spy who placed the sapper. Simply put, Dispensers will dispense health and ammunition only the spy at a doubled rate, Teleporters will teleport only the spy, and Sentries will target only the spy and his current location (whether or not he's in range/cloaked/disguised).
    This sapper is more than likely stupidly suicidal and impractical on anything but support buildings. On support buildings such as teleporters and dispensers, the Spy gains the benefit of being able to use these buildings AND preventing the enemy team from using them as if he were using a regular sapper while giving the Engineer a harder time of removing the sapper. The sapper's downsides are that it becomes pretty obvious where or who the Spy is, if the Spy chooses to abuse the buildings he saps, and buildings he sap won't be fully destroyed unless the Spy or his teammates ensures that the buildings won't be saved.
    With a sentry gun, this sapper blows the spy's cover harder than a regular sapper ever could. Not only is the sentry constantly firing at the spy, but it will always be staring at the Spy's location, locking down the Spy and making it insanely easy for his enemies to track him down and kill him. If the Spy doesn't have a good escape route or his team isn't pushing in while the Sentry's sapped, the sapper can very easily be removed and the spy's effort will be for naught. The only saving grace is that the Engineer's metal will be wasted on both repairing and restocking the Sentry.
    Why would anyone use this sapper over a regular sapper? This sapper seems hilariously situational in all honesty, and it more than likely requires excessive team coordination with sentry pushes since this is less effective with spam sapping sentry nests than stock. The only things this sapper's really good for is taking advantage of the enemy's support buildings(especially dispensers), punishing bad sentry placement, and humiliating Engineers with their own sentries.

12. Post #4572
    June 2014
    3,033 Posts
    silly pyro primary idea, not really serious:

icethrower
    (i) Use MOUSE1 to shoot ice shards at the enemy.
    (i) Hold MOUSE2 to create a wall of ice that blocks enemy fire, but breaks after enough damage.
    (+) something
    (-) something
    (-) no airblast

instead of having an ice thrower slow the enemy, just make it shoot ice shards and create defensive shields that block enemy attacks. would be fun but likely unbalanced

13. Post #4573
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    Bouncing Betty
    level xx grenade launcher

+Grenades have a stronger bounce force, and do not loose momentum upon bouncing
    +Grenades can direct hit even after bouncing
    +Grenades do more damage after each bounce
    -20% less damage vs players
    -Grenades bounce 3 times before exploding
    -Grenades deal 50% less damage on the first bounce
    -No random critical hits

-------------------------------------

General explanation:
    -on the first bounce, the grenade deals 50% less damage than the stock launcher
    -on the second bounce, it does damage equal to the stock launcher
    -on the third bounce, the grenade deals 50% more damage than the stock launcher
    -Direct hits with this weapon auto detonate and deal the respective damage of however many bounces it has currently completed before hitting the target
    -Against a player the results are 70% penalty on first bounce, 20% penalty on the second bounce, and 130% bonus on the third.

general idea of the grenade's function:

general purpose of the weapon is to allow for use of the environment to deal damage to sentries and other buildings around corners or in places which would be hard to approach on foot.
    Over all, a tricky and hard to master utility weapon, that can still be used against players if the user has the skill required.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

14. Post #4574
    February 2014
    931 Posts
    Speaking of valve related dreams, I had a dream of a sandvich alternative that let you throw it like a Frisbee and it'd travel further.
    Was literally just a sandvich taped to a Frisbee.
    BEHOLD!

Sandvich Frisbee "P.S I can't think of a clever name" (Heavy Secondary)
    Level 10 Sandvich

(i) Alt-fire: Share the sandvich with a friend by launching the frisbee across the battlefield! (Large Health Kit)
    (Frisbee gives the sandvich hovering abilities allowing it to be thrown further and faster over large distances, it will not drop in height unless it comes into collision with something so good prediction aim is needed.)
    (-) +35% slower recharge time (40 seconds instead of 30)
    (-) -80% expiry time (lives for 6 seconds after being thrown instead of 30)
    (-) Cannot be consumed by self.
    (-) Cannot be replenished from health pickups.

"Alternative to compete with the sandvich, this allows for heavies to save players from death with a well predicted throw-
    In addition will heal to full instead of half of max at the cost of not being able to consume it for themselves, not able to replenish nor place it down for later use."

15. Post #4575
    April 2013
    1,279 Posts
    Bouncing Betty

-No random critical hits

General explanation:
    -Direct hits with this weapon auto detonate and deal the respective damage of however many bounces it has currently completed before hitting the target
    -Against a player the results are 70% penalty on first bounce, 20% penalty on the second bounce, and 130% bonus on the third.

general purpose of the weapon is to allow for use of the environment to deal damage to sentries and other buildings around corners or in places which would be hard to approach on foot.
    Over all, a tricky and hard to master utility weapon, that can still be used against players if the user has the skill required.
    What's the condition for the grenade to explode?

16. Post #4576
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    Bouncing Betty

-No random critical hits

General explanation:

isnt this literally junkrat's grenade launcher

17. Post #4577
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    What's the condition for the grenade to explode?
    In the air shortly after the third bounce if it hits nothing, or if it hits a target like a player or building.

isnt this literally junkrat's grenade launcher
    Not really what i was going for, i was trying to give it the kind of idea that gets shown off in Meet the Demoman, where he bounces it off a wall to kill a Pyro, and how they don't seem to lose very much momentum when he shoots at the sentry.

18. Post #4578
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    17,062 Posts
    Grenades used to detonate on-contact even after hitting a surface. Rest assured, that mechanic should never see the light of day again. Same goes for anything that further disassociates your line of fire from your line of sight. If there's one thing that no class needs, it's the ability to fire and forget, let alone making 100% blind shots that depend entirely on the map geometry. There's no strategy to it, you just shoot at a wall and hope, meanwhile there's no counterstrategy other than to hope you're not near a wall that someone might be shooting at.

That sort of bouncing makes sense in a certain other game, but that's only because the player has all positional information readily available, meanwhile a first-person 3d arena actively only provides information on what's in the field of view and proximity audio cues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4579
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    1,304 Posts
    BEHOLD!

Sandvich Frisbee "P.S I can't think of a clever name" (Heavy Secondary)
    Level 10 Sandvich

(i) Alt-fire: Share the sandvich with a friend by launching the frisbee across the battlefield! (Large Health Kit)
    (Frisbee gives the sandvich hovering abilities allowing it to be thrown further and faster over large distances, it will not drop in height unless it comes into collision with something so good prediction aim is needed.)
    (-) +35% slower recharge time (40 seconds instead of 30)
    (-) -80% expiry time (lives for 6 seconds after being thrown instead of 30)
    (-) Cannot be consumed by self.
    (-) Cannot be replenished from health pickups.
    So a slow Crusader's Crossbow that can heal enemies? I guess the Medic could also use a minigun that can damage teammates too.

20. Post #4580
    August 2017
    7 Posts

This is the Vile Aggressor (Working title)
    It will use a modification of the tranq gun reload animations
    basically it does 50% less damage but coats the person in jarate for 1/4 the time of a normal jarate jar (It's one fourth the size)
    though I can see how coating people in jarate will give you away if this was added, I believe this could be a aid for falling back into your teammates or just getting that facestab.

-Rusty
    Edit: I do see why this is a stupid idea, but It was just a thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #4581
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    Nondescript PDA

+redeployed buildings deploy 30% faster than normal
    +9 metal applied when upgrading buildings
    +buildings deploy where the user dies if the user is killed while hauling them
    (!)engineers with this item have unique models for building toolboxes
    -40% construction speed on initial build
    -user is marked for death while hauling buildings

the ultimate multitool for engineers who like to use the same buildings throughout the match. pair with the jag and rescue ranger for funsies

22. Post #4582
    December 2014
    165 Posts
    Flame-eater (working title) (primary) for the Pyro
    +25% damage bonus
    +25% afterburn damage bonus
    When the primary's ammo runs out, it then eats your secondary to increase the primary's ammo
    No airblasts
    Doesn't reduce Medi Gun healing and shield resists by 25%

Edit: added more cons to make the Flame-eater balanced.

23. Post #4583
    January 2017
    145 Posts
    Flame-eater (working title) (primary) for the Pyro
    +25% damage bonus
    +25% afterburn damage bonus
    When the primary's ammo runs out, it then eats your secondary to increase the primary's ammo
    and what's the downside?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #4584
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts
    and what's the downside?
    you cant use the Degreaser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #4585
    December 2014
    165 Posts
    and what's the downside?

It actually removes your secondary, so find a dropped secondary weapon that the pyro can use or just respawn or find a Resupply locker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #4586
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    17,062 Posts

It actually removes your secondary, so find a dropped secondary weapon that the pyro can use or just respawn or find a Resupply locker.
    Running out of ammo isn't a problem unless you somehow manage to never kill anything.
    Potentially removing the weapon slot that defines the difference between a bad Pyro and an adequate Pyro is a horrible idea.
    Giving a damage buff for no reason with no tradeoff is dumb.

Your entire idea is so unsalvageable that it doesn't even deserve to go back to the drawing board.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #4587
    April 2016
    849 Posts
    hey just shitballing here but what if there was a rocket launcher that was made so you could detonate it's rockets mid air like how the detonator works and it rewarded said detonation hits with a damage bonus or something and in return had a damage penalty when hitting surfaces or players directly

28. Post #4588
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts
    hey just shitballing here but what if there was a rocket launcher that was made so you could detonate it's rockets mid air like how the detonator works and it rewarded said detonation hits with a damage bonus or something and in return had a damage penalty when hitting surfaces or players directly
    As long as it is not for Soldier to increase his loadout of bazillion guns, sure why not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4589
    August 2017
    7 Posts
    I've got an idea. A scout scattergun that on alt fire, launches a grenade with a small explosion. Grenade can be reflected and shot out of the air for a premature explosion. grenade explodes on impact with any surface or after 3 seconds. I got the thought when I realized that scout has jack shit for facing off against sentries.

It has one shot and has a medium spread. Please add ideas and critiques.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

30. Post #4590
    June 2014
    3,033 Posts
    scout has jack shit for facing off against sentries.
    As it should be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #4591
    April 2016
    1,486 Posts
    I've got an idea. A scout scattergun that on alt fire, launches a grenade with a small explosion. Grenade can be reflected and shot out of the air for a premature explosion. grenade explodes on impact with any surface or after 3 seconds. I got the thought when I realized that scout has jack shit for facing off against sentries.

It has one shot and has a medium spread. Please add ideas and critiques.
    Engineers are a hard counter for Scout. He's suppose to keep him at bay... So no, giving Scout any means to dealing with sentries will always be a big no from me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #4592
    August 2017
    7 Posts
    Well, I guess that I'm a fucking retard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #4593
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    1,304 Posts
    I thought the pistol was the Scout's anti-sentry tool (to really just punish bad sentry placement)

34. Post #4594
    May 2008
    198 Posts
    A spy watch resembling a sundial. Instead of going invisible, you would actually shrink into your shadow, hitboxes and all. You'd be visible, but 2 dimensional and small. Not sure what the upside should be. I just think it's a neat idea.

35. Post #4595
    January 2016
    283 Posts
    A spy watch resembling a sundial. Instead of going invisible, you would actually shrink into your shadow, hitboxes and all. You'd be visible, but 2 dimensional and small. Not sure what the upside should be. I just think it's a neat idea.
    How would that work on night, raining, and halloween maps? Would spy just not be there anymore? Would he be everywhere?

36. Post #4596
    May 2008
    198 Posts
    If they could make it work with actual shadows cast by light sources that would be amazing, but I was assuming it'd be a visual effect specially generated for the weapon, simulating a shadow from a directly overhead light. Or something like that.

37. Post #4597
    November 2014
    747 Posts
    I have a whole slew of weapon ideas on my TF2 Wiki user page. I'll post a few here.

(With images from the workshop because I think they'd look cooler with them)   

Gehrig's Gattler
    ~~Model used here~~
    (+) +67% faster firing rate
    (+) +500% primary ammo bonus on wearer
    (-) -5 health per second on wearer

The Tereshkova
    ~~Model used here~~
    (+) Shots penetrate players
    (+) +50% max primary ammo on wearer
    (-) -15% damage penalty

Scot's Last Stand
    ~~Model used here~~
    (+) +60% damage bonus
    (+) No blast damage falloff
    (-) -85% slower reload
    (-) Clip size of 1
    ( ! ) Cannonballs explode on contact with any surface

The New Zealand Bug Zapper
    ~~Model used here~~
    ( ! )Fires straight from the reserve ammo
    (+) +167% secondary ammo on wearer
    (+) Can arc from target to nearby enemies
    (-)-25% damage penalty

I have some descriptive blurbs for most weapons on my wiki user page, so if a stat doesn't make sense you can check out the link and see a brief explanation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

38. Post #4598
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    1,304 Posts
    Hey, it's good to see you've got some ideas, but a majority of these are +/- weapons that don't really affect how the class is played, and while I personally like some +/- weapons, the majority dislikes these. Additionally, some of these just weren't well thought out.
    Gehrig's Gattler
    (+) +67% faster firing rate
    (+) +500% primary ammo bonus on wearer
    (-) -5 health per second on wearer
    This is just bad, but you acknowleged that it was in the wiki page, so I'll leave this one alone.
    The Tereshkova
    (+) Shots penetrate players
    (+) +50% max primary ammo on wearer
    (-) -15% damage penalty
    I'm actually in love with this idea, mainly thanks to having to deal with incompentent engineers that refuse to share or even build a dispenser, but as previously mentioned, players aren't usually prone to having low ammunition, and this is just a basic +/- weapon that doesn't really change playstyles. Additionally, projectile penetration is a highly situational stat, even on a Heavy.
    Scot's Last Stand
    (+) +60% damage bonus
    (+) No blast damage falloff
    (-) -85% slower reload
    (-) Clip size of 1
    ( ! ) Cannonballs explode on contact with any surface
    This is blatantly overpowered and more than likely unfun to play with/against. Even though it can only fire once every 3 seconds, it has way too many great upsides that make it more reliable than stock to counteract its unreliable and slow nature, ESPECIALLY when the Stickybomb Launcher is also equipped. This beast can nearly down a Medic in one shot(144 damage), has NO falloff so that the pain of 144 damage can be shared by everyone in the splash zone, AND it explodes on surface contact, giving it the reliable functions of a Rocket Launcher. This grenade launcher is absolutely too good and boring imo.
    The New Zealand Bug Zapper
    ( ! )Fires straight from the reserve ammo
    (+) +167% secondary ammo on wearer
    (+) Can arc from target to nearby enemies
    (-)-25% damage penalty
    It'd be more concise and understandable to simply say the gun doesn't need to be reloaded. This is just a weaker smg with splash damage and sustained fire, more than likely used to harass crowds by pelting them with a stream of low damage shots which is counter productive to the Sniper's role of dealing significant damage to individual targets. The lack of reloading and the massive ammo reserve makes it trivial for a sniper to manage their secondary weapon, making it easier to just spray to check for spies. I'm not sure about this weapon as it's not really all that useful for anything but mindless spraying and group harassment damage, something a sniper most likely doesn't need.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #4599
    November 2014
    747 Posts
    Thanks to Londier, I've been working on my weapon concepts. Here's a few more that are, in my opinion, much better than the one's I've posted previously.

Again, more of my custom weapons, as well as elaborations on the weapons found here, can be found on my TF2 Wiki user page. If you want to leave feedback on the weapons there, feel free to do so on the "Discussion" page.

Kraftig 83
    Pistol for Scout (and Engineer?)
    ~~Model used here~~
    ( ! ) Shoots a heavy, high-powered laser
    ( ! ) Damage quickly lessens over a short radius
    (+)+500% maximum damage
    (-) -75% minimum damage
    (-) -100% slower firing rate

The Leveler
    Shotgun for Pyro
    ~~Model used here~~
    ( ! ) This weapon levels up every 350 damage dealt
    (+) Level 1 : +45% faster reloading
    (+) Level 2 : +15% move speed bonus
    (+) Level 3 : 25% chance to ignite target on hit
    (-) -67% clip size
    (-) -20% damage penalty

The Tagger
    Pistol for Engineer
    ~~Model used here~~
    ( ! ) On hit: Tag enemy
    (+) Tagged enemies take +20% more incoming damage
    (+) Your Sentry can target tagged enemies from any visible distance
    (-) Tag automatically breaks after 8 seconds
    (-) Can only tag one target at a time
    (-) Deals no damage

40. Post #4600
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    Incredibly well designed shotgun that was made solely for the purpose of matching the engineer's buildings in design:
    Shotgun for Pyro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)