1. Post #4481
    March 2013
    1,275 Posts
    Aw man, if I could I'd totally make a Facepunch Fandex.
    Rust Kiddies as meat shield troops, Garry as a Chapter Master, etc.
    Rusty the Venerable Dreadnought- Special Rules: Hatred (Everything)
    Facemarines, anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #4482
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    14,427 Posts
    Librarian Hezzy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4483
    December 2012
    3,954 Posts
    Attached Inquisitor Postal the mental as well, let's not forget.

Army wide chapter tactic:

Inconceivable idiocy:
    Enemy units locked in combat with this unit suffer -2 leadership for every round the combat continues, their will to live drained by observation of the Rust kiddies.

Fucked off:
    Every player turn in the movement phase an independent character from this Codex is joined by a friendly unit that isn't also an independent character, remove D3 friendly models from that unit; they are banned. If the character carries a thunder hammer D6 models are removed instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4484
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,707 Posts
    anybody know what comic this is from

it made me LOL when my friend sent them to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

5. Post #4485
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,091 Posts
    Chaplain Royzo and Apocathary Daimao?
    (Is Royzo still alive/undead, even? Or did he retire off of his hat money?)
    Both have the 'Masters of Headgear' special rule:
    Any squad they are attached to gets a selection of hats. They do absolutely nothing, but the look nice.
    Edited:
    Captain Postal- Special Rule: Rustbane
    An army with Captain Postal can no longer take Rust Kiddies as a Troop Choice. Can take Gold Member Assault Terminators as honour guard, equipped with dual Banhammers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #4486
    December 2012
    3,954 Posts
    anybody know what comic this is from

it made me LOL when my friend sent them to me
    Wobbly model syndrome. Its pretty mediocre save for a few exceptions though.

The only one that firmly sticks out as being hilarious to me was the marker light pathfinder VS Flying Monstrous Creatures one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4487
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,707 Posts
    Wobbly model syndrome. Its pretty mediocre save for a few exceptions though.

The only one that firmly sticks out as being hilarious to me was the marker light pathfinder VS Flying Monstrous Creatures one.
    it is pretty mediocre now that i go to the site

eh some of them are okay atleast

8. Post #4488
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,901 Posts
    There was 50 or so chapter fan fiction covering the 40k end game, interestingly the Dark Eldar get eaten by Tyranids, the Tau get eaten by Tyranids and the survivors became pirates without the Ethereal's guidance, and there's an unknown legion that reappears, then there's another battle at Terra, but one way or another the Nids get wiped.
    you got a link to that? sounds interesting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #4489
    May 2012
    1,341 Posts
    More Heresy Era models from FW:

Tech-Thralls with Las-Locks:

And another Castellax, this one has a multi-melta:

Edited:

The mech has a fish face. It took me ages to realise, and I only just remember when I saw the model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #4490
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    5,429 Posts
    More Heresy Era models from FW:

Tech-Thralls with Las-Locks:

And another Castellax, this one has a multi-melta:

Edited:

The mech has a fish face. It took me ages to realise, and I only just remember when I saw the model.
    That's pretty awesome. It'd be nice (but expensive) if the Horus Heresy era became a subset of WH40K TT.

I really need to read the novels, but I've been a bit loathe because of the diversity of authors involved, many of whom are... not great. What's the consensus on the general quality of the HH novels?

11. Post #4491

Dennab
    May 2006
    9,120 Posts
    Horus Heresy already is a subset... nearly all the tournaments have tens of 30K armies because it's a more balanced game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #4492
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    5,429 Posts
    Horus Heresy already is a subset... nearly all the tournaments have tens of 30K armies because it's a more balanced game.
    Huh, wasn't aware. But it makes sense, considering the Codex rape happening to 40K.

13. Post #4493
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    Facemarines, anyone?
    Writing mock codices is fun.

Heck for FaceMairines we could have a roll to see which subsection of the forum they come from.

News node (+1 int due to hot off the press information)
    GGD (+1 BS Due to all dem shooters)
    Rust Forums (+1T due to needing balls of steel and a mind like a cast iron fortress to browse there without becoming a gibbering mental case)

14. Post #4494
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,598 Posts
    The Horus Heresy books are pretty good, Abnett and McNeill wrote like half of them and they're great (Though I thought Galaxy in Flames was pretty rough)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #4495
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    11,122 Posts
    Librarian Hezzy
    Inquisitor Hezzy, Emprah Garry

Me as the equivilant of Bjorn the Fell Handed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

16. Post #4496
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    Inquisitor Hezzy, Emprah Garry

Facepunch Armour consists mostly of Bandwagons and Servers.

Bandwagons are anything from a light transport to a heavy tank with lots of different upgrades depending on the wagon.

Bandwagons come in two flavors, circlejerks and hatewagons. Each Hatewagon usually has a corresponding circlejerks and if ever the two are within 16" of each other they must roll one each turn to see if they don't open fire upon each other.

The Call of Duty hatewagon is like a tank, it's big, armoured, has lots of crew and thus gun hardpoints and is designed to bring the "FUCK YOU!" to anything CoD or CoD like, it has hatred(Independent characters)

The Dark soul's CircleJerk is more like a transport, it MUST deploy with units inside it but those units gain the free "Fellow (namegoershereplayer)" Special rule meaning that they gain a bonus to a stat for every other unit with the same special rule within TBD" this stacks and is transferred across the chain of units. Other units can be given this rule if they spend a turn within the circlejerks transport hold (they were browsing the thread and decided to get involved, now they're HOOKED)

Servers are much heavier than bandwagons and circle jerks but are MUCH more powerful. Every Server is a transport and heavy fighting vehicle. As long as any units who have been within the transport remian within 6" of it, they gain powerful bonuses... which I have yet to decide. This only goes up to a certain limit however, the "Player cap" while servers are powerful they have an extra listing vehicle damage table "Server down!" This means all the vehicle effectively dies till the start of the next turn and all it's bonuses are lost. A possible upgrade is that it can nominate one of it's "player" units to carry a "backup TS/Mumble server which means that this nominated unit may bestow a partial amount of the servers original bonus to other players while the server is down or destroyed.

Codexing is fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4497
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    lmao white dwarf is now two magazines

a monthly for pretty model pictures
    a weekly for everything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4498
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,598 Posts
    Reinstalling Dark Crusade, lets hope it holds up

19. Post #4499
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,707 Posts
    what's cheese enough in the IG to counter 5 riptides in a 2000 point game

Edited:

is it elysians with all vendetta's deep striking first turn?

Edited:

or dkok with lots and lots of lascannon teams

Edited:

lots of bane wolves?

20. Post #4500
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    14,427 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Edited:

lots of bane wolves?
    all-basilisk army
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

21. Post #4501
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,707 Posts
    that sounds hilarious too

22. Post #4502
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,598 Posts
    This Firestorm over Kronus UI is kinda messy and cluttered

23. Post #4503
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,173 Posts
    I got the chance to watch a game involving a 1500 point Elysian drop troop army a while back. Though in the traditional sense, it was cheesy, the fact that it was an entirely themed and painted army counteracted this. I think I could bear to play against just about any army, so long as it was themed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

24. Post #4504
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,091 Posts
    You can't elect yourself as a special character! That's no fun, the entire chapter would be full of them.

Troop Choice: Rust Kiddies
    Equipped with Stick (ordinary close combat weapon), Flak Armour
    Squads of 5-30
    Special Rules- Unbearable Stupidity: When an enemy unit is in close combat with the Rust Kiddies, they lose 1 Initiative and Leadership until the combat ends.
    Expendable: If a moderator is within 12" of a unit of Rust Kiddies, roll a D6. Remove the resulting number of models from the unit.
    Too Dumb to Live: If passing or failing a morale test would result in a higher survival rate for the Rust Kiddies, they will automatically do the opposite to what is best.
    KEY PLZ: If an enemy unit has a wargear, weapon, unit, etc. with 'key' in its name, all Rust Kiddies gain Fearless, Fleet and Move Through Cover, but may only run directly to the key in question and assault it.
    Edited:
    Critical Existence Failure: At the start of a turn in assault, roll a D6. If the result is a 1, the Rust Kiddies' Sticks have the Gets Hot rule for that turn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

25. Post #4505
    December 2012
    3,954 Posts
    all-basilisk army
    OK, I just spent 1125 points on Basilisks.

The only problem is against Riptides they're about as worthless as a 15 point missile launcher.

Welp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #4506
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,271 Posts

8665 polys now. the head looks small and the legs look big but i think that's okay, it emphasizes just how massive the damn thing is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

27. Post #4507
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Actually, what you want is to either air-drop, or flat-out metal boxes full of Guardsmen squads, with Sergeants having power fists. You are not going to kill them immediately, but you ARE going to tie them up. Then you can destroy the rest of his forces, and take capture points. So you can use the rest of your forces, in a more usual way. And unless his Riptides are completely without any upgrades, a chunk of his army is simply non-existant. That should let you force your fire in a correct way. With LasCannons, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

28. Post #4508
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,994 Posts

8665 polys now. the head looks small and the legs look big but i think that's okay, it emphasizes just how massive the damn thing is
    What 3d modelling software is this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

29. Post #4509
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,271 Posts
    Milkshape 3D, the ancient relic from forgotten times, obsolete but still functional
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

30. Post #4510
    May 2012
    1,341 Posts
    Joazzz stop being awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4511
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,495 Posts
    I'm making a tzeentchian labyrinth, and one of the room leads to a future where one army has won definitively (not the imperium)

Which army should that be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

32. Post #4512
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    14,427 Posts
    I'm making a tzeentchian labyrinth, and one of the room leads to a future where one army has one definitively (not the imperium)

Squats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4513
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,495 Posts
    That has a reasonable chance of winning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #4514
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,950 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Edited:

lots of bane wolves?
    You can easily field 5+ Vendettas in 2000 points and fill them with veterans with plasma, and that will obliterate the riptides. Alternatively matching his point value in riptides with lascannon teams should hit him pretty damn hard. Also the plasma leman russ might be a good option.

35. Post #4515
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,271 Posts
    is the Imperator Titan's Hellstorm cannon a gatling-type thing that has a rotating barrel or not? the Epic scale model depicts the gun with the barrels stuck together and a rectangular piece blocking any possible rotation movement and the Dark Crusade version supports this, so should i go with a non-moving shooty piece?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #4516
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    11,122 Posts
    You can't elect yourself as a special character! That's no fun, the entire chapter would be full of them.
    You do realise that I AM pretty much Facepunch's Bjorn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4517
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    3,401 Posts
    I'm making a tzeentchian labyrinth, and one of the room leads to a future where one army has won definitively (not the imperium)

Orks. United under one massive warband.

edit:

Reading Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn vs. Ravenor book, and. Well.

Alpharius of Alpha Legion (Or one of his warriors since "I am Alpharius" is a greeting to non-Alpha Legion people) is part of Eisenhorn's Warband.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4518
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    14,427 Posts
    Necrons.

Edited:

Orks. United under one massive warband.
    An Eldar farseer figures out how the Old Ones controlled the Orks, then uses them to wipe out everything.

39. Post #4519
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,091 Posts
    You do realise that I AM pretty much Facepunch's Bjorn.
    "I'm Bjorn."
    "But you can't-"
    "I'M BJORN."
    You're lying! You've only been here 9 years, not 10,000!
    Come back here in 9,991 years time and then I'll believe you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

40. Post #4520
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    14,427 Posts
    What're you on about mate, the Squats are the most likely faction to win, hands down!