October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Could I get that leftmost wallpaper?

2. Post #3322
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,471 Posts
    Could I get that leftmost wallpaper?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Steam Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #3323
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,138 Posts
    Getting ready for Fallout 4.

4. Post #3324
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,082 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3325
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,362 Posts

thought i'd go back to 10

also in light of fallout 4 coming out

6. Post #3326
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    912 Posts

This laptop does indeed have 32 days of uptime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3327

"headband wearing nymph seducer"

November 2011
    4,417 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #3328
    November 2014
    39 Posts

9. Post #3329
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,189 Posts

It's like twm, but better!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #3330
    Dennab
    August 2009
    6,070 Posts
    I miss when more people made themes for Windows, this is the longest I've gone running the default theme. At least it looks alright with aero.

11. Post #3331
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts

12. Post #3332
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    9,465 Posts

13. Post #3333

April 2015
    336 Posts
    I have to ask, what's the OS X icon in the taskbar for?

14. Post #3334
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts
    Launches my El Capitan VM, it's fun opening it in a second desktop and being able to just Win+Ctrl+L/R to switch between OS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #3335
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,841 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #3336
    April 2011
    894 Posts

I need matching monitors. I should have had matching monitors but eBuyer (and Chrome) messed up. Ordered another one, half way through the purchase, my browser crashed. The payment went through but the order didn't, it took a week for the payment to drop off from pending and to be put back into my bank account. I'm yet to get around to purchasing another monitor.

17. Post #3337
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,362 Posts

18. Post #3338
    Lewd Member
    February 2012
    1,461 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #3339
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,471 Posts
    It's one of those 'let's put shit on the pokemon sapphire intro landscape'

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3340
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,358 Posts
    It's one of those 'let's put shit on the pokemon sapphire intro landscape'

The characters remind me of MapleStory

21. Post #3341

November 2015
    1 Posts
    I hope Catalyst is a wallpaper generator too.

That wallpaper is beautiful. Link please.

22. Post #3342
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,815 Posts

23. Post #3343
    April 2011
    894 Posts
    I need matching monitors. I should have had matching monitors but eBuyer (and Chrome) messed up. Ordered another one, half way through the purchase, my browser crashed. The payment went through but the order didn't, it took a week for the payment to drop off from pending and to be put back into my bank account. I'm yet to get around to purchasing another monitor.
    Well, I got my matching monitor (As of Tuesday). Having dual 4K is beautiful. Also, a new wallpaper.

24. Post #3344
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,487 Posts

No real theme goin' on between both my monitors

25. Post #3345
    September 2011
    26,362 Posts

i wish this wouldn't happen but it does
    also re-installed debian
    edit and yes i forgot to get rid of terminal im lazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox New Zealand Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #3346
    April 2007
    1,187 Posts

nvm it scaled properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #3347
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,976 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #3348

Miqo'te Member

January 2011
    3,712 Posts

29. Post #3349
    April 2011
    309 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #3350
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Hi, welcome to the desktop thread, etc etc

Figure I should mention that the "less is more" mentality is popular here, though as far as busier desktops go that is one of the better put together ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #3351
    September 2011
    26,362 Posts
    there is so much heresy in that

Edited:

and im not even trying to be funny with this post thats literally what it is
    heretics paradise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3352
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #3353
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    9,465 Posts
    do you guys know of any good resources with high quality wallpapers? I find wallhaven for example has too much junk so it takes ages to find something I'm happy with. I'd love a more quality controlled source that is roughly on par with the quality of the stock Nexus wallpapers

34. Post #3354
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts

35. Post #3355
    May 2013
    395 Posts
    Based off of Lifehacker's featured Umbral desktop, but with some modifications of my own.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #3356
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,005 Posts
    Cool desktop
    What is that visualizer thing you have? That's pretty cool.

37. Post #3357
    Dennab
    August 2009
    6,070 Posts
    So is desktop customization dead on Windows? I know Microsoft keeps making it harder with each version but the community seems pretty much dead. Like once in a great while there's a good VS or iconpack but that stuff was super common a few months after Windows 7 came out and even bigger with XP and Vista.

Do I just not know where to look? Deviantart used to be great but even the section Windows desktop screenshots is just FnaF shit.

My desktop has basically looked like this since 10 came out.

38. Post #3358
    May 2013
    395 Posts
    What is that visualizer thing you have? That's pretty cool.
    Might as well put out everything I have;

Backgrounds are a select few from Slurpaza on a 30 minute rotation. Here's the download to the ones I use. They're 1920x1080 at a minimum; some are higher because not all of them came in that resolution. They scale fine, though.

The tool used to add the elements is Rainmeter. I use the Beta 3.3 release; it's perfectly stable.

Visualizer is the Monstercat Visualizer for Spotify, but it visualizes everything, not just Spotify. I have the visualizer set at 80% transparency. To make it fit like mine did on a 1920x1080 monitor, you need to modify the variables a bit; once you install it, right click the visualizer and click Open Settings, or go to the variables.ini in the install. Replace it with this. This'll change the bar count and other values to be perfect.

The song text is from Cleartext. To make it like I did (no marquee scrolling), you need to edit a file. Go to C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Cleartext and edit Cleartext Spotify.ini and replace it with this. If you want to see how I did it exactly so that you can modify Cleartext Music.ini and use that instead, just do a diff on my text and the default text, you'll see what I did. I didn't bother to try getting rid of the display on the left of the song and artist name; it would require too much editing. I just turned off Keep on Desktop for the element in Rainmeter, and moved that off the screen. There's a "conflict" with this and the visualizer, though; if you don't fix it, the text will sometimes appear behind the visualizer. Just set the load order for the visualizer to 1 and Cleartext to 2; that should fix it. Restart Rainmeter after you do that. To get the size I have for Cleartext, change the size in the settings page it makes appear; change the value after 1920x to 0.23. And last thing to note; sometimes the music title doesn't appear properly with the Spotify display, and it just stays at Fetching... I've notified the author.

The rest of the elements are from the Umbral Desktop post I linked to. I personally don't use the music controls from Flat and Blurry since it doesn't support Spotify, but if you don't use Spotify, there you go. Else it may be in your interest to move the Cleartext element over a bit so you can access those controls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #3359
    I paid $2 and all I got was this stupid title :(
    June 2013
    2,070 Posts

40. Post #3360
    September 2011
    26,362 Posts

i changed my mind on my debian install
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)