1. Post #1961
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    12,416 Posts

A project that should have surfaced earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1962
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,963 Posts
    I'm starting a CKII AAR over at the Total War Center forums: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ings-II-AAR%29

Also, we need a Redwall mod for CKII.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,484 Posts
    I'm starting a CKII AAR over at the Total War Center forums: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ings-II-AAR%29

Also, we need a Redwall mod for CKII.
    Like... the Brian Jacques books? Why? There's not really any countries, just a bunch of barbarians, Redwall, and that Badger kingdom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,547 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1965
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,963 Posts
    Like... the Brian Jacques books? Why? There's not really any countries, just a bunch of barbarians, Redwall, and that Badger kingdom.
    Imagination

IMO it would be fun :P

6. Post #1966
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,769 Posts
    I've never actually seen any gameplay of EU1 before, so this was kinda cool.

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,484 Posts
    Imagination

IMO it would be fun :P
    It would be a shitload of counties with maybe one holding per county. Redwall would be like Constantinople in terms of built up defense, and get attacked by hordes of ratmen every couple years. There would then be a lavishly described feast at the beginning and end of every massive siege.

8. Post #1968

January 2008
    1,539 Posts
    I've never actually seen any gameplay of EU1 before, so this was kinda cool.
    It's almost identical to EU2. The latter is more of an expansion pack than anything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1969
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    551 Posts

EU4 Website
    How exciting!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

10. Post #1970
    Roleplaying Procrastinator
    January 2012
    5,274 Posts

EU4 Website
    Oh man, This might be really good or be a complete failure.
    Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV
    New Pre-order Bonus Lets Players Import Saved Games, Early Adopters Also Receive Free Copy of Crusader Kings II

Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio, creators of global conquest titles for every age, today revealed the final pre-order reward for gamers for upcoming empire-building title Europa Universalis IV, releasing August 13 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Players who pre-order Europa Universalis IV will be given a free copy of critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox’s hit title of diplomacy, dynasties, and double-dealing set in the Middle Ages, to add to their own library or to give to a friend.

Early adopters will also receive a new Saved Game Converter for Crusader Kings II, which will read the details of a saved game from a Crusader Kings II and convert that into a game that can be played in Europa Universalis IV. Fans of Crusader Kings II will be able to maintain the empires they have established and guide them through the age of exploration in an all-new strategic experience, continuing their personal stories of expansion and conquest.

Both the saved converter and copy of Crusader Kings II will be available as pre-order bonuses on August 1, and players that have already pre-purchased Europa Universalis IV will receive these additional bonuses. Strategy fans can prepare for the long road to conquest by pre-ordering Europa Universalis IV, details on all pre-order bonuses can be found here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

To demonstrate how converted saved games will work in Europa Universalis IV, Paradox will be showing off the converter in a live stream on Twitch.tv. Eager conquerors can tune in on July 30 at 11 a.m. PDT (6 p.m. GMT, 7 p.m. BST, 8 p.m CEST). The stream will be live at http://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

Example Screenshot of an imported save game from Crusader Kings II in Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV is the latest installment in the award-winning series, with more than a million copies sold. The game gives you control of a nation to guide it through the years and create a dominant global empire in the age of exploration. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to make you experience the drama that only the grand stage of history can provide.

For more information about Europa Universalis IV, please visit www.europauniversalis4.com
    Have this from the forum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1971
    "Gold Member"
    May 2007
    12,544 Posts
    Paradox-approved save game converters? Yes please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #1972
    January 2013
    5,840 Posts
    This might actaully get me into CKII even though I DID pre-order it I never got into it more then 12 hours or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #1973
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    5,028 Posts
    The converter won't produce a save file, instead it'll create a small mod so every country will have the right name and religion.
    (source: Paradox twitch stream)

Edit: Actually only reformed pagans will keep their religion, normal pagans will get the generic animist/shamanist religion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1974
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,547 Posts
    so the paradox interactive livestream was pretty cool

even if I only saw like 10 minutes

15. Post #1975
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    12,416 Posts
    Have this from the forum.
    Time to make my first eu4 playthrough the restored Roman Empire.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    April 2010
    65 Posts
    Damn it Crusader Kings 2, I leave you running for a while (a mere 80 or so ingame years) and this is what you give me...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

17. Post #1977
    August 2011
    658 Posts
    Damn it Crusader Kings 2, I leave you running for a while (a mere 80 or so ingame years) and this is what you give me...

I'm more impressed with castille blitzing the umayyads out

18. Post #1978
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    12,416 Posts
    I'm more impressed with castille blitzing the umayyads out
    Pretty sure it was a 1066 start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #1979
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,023 Posts

What setting does this? I want my own European ant farm!

20. Post #1980
    January 2013
    5,840 Posts

Convert it to EUIV(when it is out/if you even have it) and fight the giant BBB

21. Post #1981
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    What setting does this? I want my own European ant farm!
    1) ~
    2) Observe

BE WARNED however, if you have a large set of hostile occupations and battles going on it may crash. So, just pick someone who doesn't have that.

That's how I set up my handsoff game, by having an 'Observed' CK2.

22. Post #1982
    April 2010
    65 Posts
    Convert it to EUIV(when it is out/if you even have it) and fight the giant BBB
    Thats why I set it off in the first place, didn't expect to see Francia not only be there but merge with the HRE (and currently being ruled by a Dutchman with agnatic prim.) also Hispania formed literally 10 years after this. Going to be an interesting EUIV game to survive in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

23. Post #1983
    DVH

May 2010
    1,422 Posts
    map please
    Here you go.

BTW, I colored my puppets the same colour to make it easier to see who are my puppets and who aren't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

24. Post #1984
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    Here you go.

BTW, I colored my puppets the same colour to make it easier to see who are my puppets and who aren't.
    thanks, cool that you united germany as Austria

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,038 Posts
    There is an official dev diary up for the save converter, I would link but doing that on the iPod is a pain

Edited:

Not as hard as I thought http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-II-Converter&

Edited:

Oh interesting tidbit, if your save has Sunset Invasion enabled there will be a strong Aztec Empire in the Americas

Also as many have asked about Sunset Invasion. Yes we have done some extra for Sunset Invasion, You will have two enormous empires in the west competing for world dominance and viewing Europe as primitive savages.
    It also says two empires, whats the second?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    12,497 Posts
    It also says two empires, whats the second?
    Inca Empire which overblobbed South America and fights with Aztecs over Central for a century or two?

They could also make stronger Indians, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

27. Post #1987
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,038 Posts
    Inca Empire would make sense.

I hope i kept the save file for this

It was my last game so I should still have it.

Edited:

Or heck event this one

28. Post #1988
    January 2013
    5,840 Posts
    I would love to play a fucked up map with some small nation, lets me pretend to be the janitor nation.

Probably going to start an Ethopia game to convert later.

29. Post #1989
    April 2010
    65 Posts
    By God, not only is (English) Roger I King of England and Jerusalem, Emperor of The Holy Roman Empire and Francia but also his brother Edouard I is Emperor of Carpathia ruling from Constantinople.

Also notable are Francois of Denmark and Lotharingia, Meletios I of the Byzantine Empire, Estaban III of Hispania and Caliph Menggei I of the Ilkhanate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #1990
    "Gold Member"
    May 2007
    12,544 Posts
    Okay apparently Heart of Darkness for Vicky2 upped the maximum amount of warscore battles can count for from 25 to 50 meaning that as China even though I can occupy all of India and Malaya I have to bend over and take it from the British because they don't give a single shit about losing 30k stacks of men to me repeatedly while the Manchu back get up in arms that I keep refusing peace deals even though I've won every single engagement I've had with the British but they picked off all my substate's troops at the start so it's permanently at +50 in their favor. I even waited the two years for the wargoals to start working my favor and all three of them (comprising almost all my territory) max out at ~27% warscore, meaning I can never get the war in my favor even though by all means I have completely raped the British army.

31. Post #1991
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,038 Posts
    Has anyone here actually reformed the Roman Empire?

Edited:

In CK2 I mean.

Also check this out

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post15861088

32. Post #1992
    January 2013
    5,840 Posts
    I can't wait to convert some of the standard scenarios out of CK2.
    That one with the Latin Empire looks like fun.

33. Post #1993
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    12,416 Posts
    Has anyone here actually reformed the Roman Empire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #1994
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,038 Posts
    Sweet.

So I've never done the Sunset Invasion DLC all the way through, but I read on the paradox forums that through events the Aztecs conquer the Americas, and also the Incas have Guns,

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post15858721
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,484 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1996
    "Gold Member"
    May 2007
    12,544 Posts

So very true. Also my last Prussia>NGF>Germany game where britain and sweden would ally ally ally me but refuse to come to my aid even when I got attacked. Big lot of help they were. And nobody else wanted to ally me so it was Germania all the way.

37. Post #1997
    December 2011
    288 Posts
    Hasn't been posted as far as I know.

Ah can't get it to link can someone help me?

38. Post #1998
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,769 Posts
    Hasn't been posted as far as I know.

Ah can't get it to link can someone help me?
    Remove the s in https, and use the [media] tag.

39. Post #1999
    Dennab
    January 2010
    4,943 Posts
    So very true. Also my last Prussia>NGF>Germany game where britain and sweden would ally ally ally me but refuse to come to my aid even when I got attacked. Big lot of help they were. And nobody else wanted to ally me so it was Germania all the way.
    The only ally I ever had as Germany that was valuable was the fucking Netherlands of all countries.

Seriously, I was getting gang raped by Britain and Russia and my two GP allies (Italy and Scandinavia) left me. Suddenly, the Netherlands declares war on both those fuckers and signs an alliance and starts whooping Russian ass. Their armies performed almost better than mine.

Then Scandinavia and Italy, as we started winning, joined the alliance again. Those fuckers.

I also had Nationalist Spain as one of my allies and they were helpful. They basically won the colonization shit.

40. Post #2000
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    12,416 Posts
    I just got my Eu3 chronicles from preordering Eu4. Anybody want it?