1. Post #4041

August 2012
    22 Posts
    Is there a way I could use these models in Cinema4D?

@Icy Fire. You really love my posts don't ya?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #4042
    September 2013
    190 Posts
    New module unpacker's gone up. Apparently the issue with normals was with the unpacker not pulling the data correctly, but this version should solve that issue.

For those of us (myself included) who can't get a clean unpack containing CHUNK files, we'll need to sort and organise a means of getting the new data out. I've reached out to some people for help and if I get a fresh and updated unpack I'll be sure to host and post for you all.

In the meantime, courtesy of Zedd: ENJOY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #4043
    February 2016
    268 Posts
    That's awesome!

4. Post #4044
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    I can confirm normal maps are working now. There will be an update for Blue Team later today.

Edit: Also disregard flipping the green channel of the normal maps. That applies only to the ones from Waypoint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #4045
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,056 Posts
    Hey Soul I'm having a bit of issues setting up an armor color shader in blender to apply to my pbr shader. I'm trying to get it so I can add primary and secondary armor colors to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events

6. Post #4046
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts

Color ramp is there to get rid of the gross white lines leftover from coloring the armor.

Also, upscaled Waypoint normal maps vs. game normal maps:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

7. Post #4047
    April 2011
    466 Posts
    The only thing i like better on Waypoint normal maps are small shadows in some areas, it just adds to the depth a little bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

8. Post #4048
    February 2016
    268 Posts

Color ramp is there to get rid of the gross white lines leftover from coloring the armor.

Also, upscaled Waypoint normal maps vs. game normal maps:

They look the same to me. Even in the smallest points on the armor that i can see, they look the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #4049
    November 2012
    1,321 Posts
    They look the same to me. Even in the smallest points on the armor that i can see, they look the same.
    Perhaps you don't know what it is exactly you're looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events

10. Post #4050
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    Take a closer look. There isn't any pixelation on the new normal maps, and the details are more defined.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #4051
    February 2016
    268 Posts
    If it looks outstanding and works properly, I'm completely fine with it. But to pinpoint the inconvenient mistake on the textures, no matter how noticeable, its not the first thing that's on my checklist atm. I'm happy blue team has the normal game maps for the armor now, but i don't visually see a difference between the waypoint and the actual game mappings. You guys might, but i don't. (either i'm not paying close attention, or i must be blind. :/ )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #4052
    September 2013
    190 Posts
    If it looks outstanding and works properly, I'm completely fine with it. But to pinpoint the inconvenient mistake on the textures, no matter how noticeable, its not the first thing that's on my checklist atm. I'm happy blue team has the normal game maps for the armor now, but i don't visually see a difference between the waypoint and the actual game mappings. You guys might, but i don't. (either i'm not paying close attention, or i must be blind. :/ )
    It's most noticable on the brown rectangles on Linda's chest plate. It's certainly a minor difference, but the details are much more sharp and well-defined. The same applies for the central features on the breastbone area on the middle of the chestplate.

If you're not actively looking for the details then you'll likely not notice them, but they're there - and honestly, if higher-quality resources are available to you, why not use them?

13. Post #4053
    June 2016
    216 Posts

I made a quick render with blender internal :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

14. Post #4054
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    Looks like the model smoothing broke when you imported them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

15. Post #4055
    June 2016
    216 Posts
    Looks like the model smoothing broke when you imported them.
    Oh it did? I used the Smd file

16. Post #4056
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    Yeah, if you want to keep it you'll want to tick the option to preserve the normal when you import.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

17. Post #4057
    June 2016
    216 Posts
    Yeah, if you want to keep it you'll want to tick the option to preserve the normal when you import.
    Oh ok thank you

18. Post #4058
    April 2016
    69 Posts
    sort of a rather selfish request. If possible can we get the halo 5 gorge helmet and the Achilles armour? will probably take a while I know but if at all possible i would really appreciate it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

19. Post #4059
    September 2013
    190 Posts
    Thanks to some amazing insight from Soul_, we've managed to figure out the issue that some users were having with the module unpacker not giving the full files required (CHUNK files and such). Turns out that unpacking the file at source (for example, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft .Halo5Forge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\DUMP\deploy\p c\levels\globals-rtx-1.module) was the issue - filepath length was, for some unknown reason, screwing with the extractor.

To fix this, copy the module file you want to extract to a new folder somewhere on any drive - I personally use a secondary HDD for all of my game-ripping projects, so my own filepath was D:\GLOBALS - and then extract as normal. If all works properly you should get all of the content extracted properly and cleanly without any missing files.

This at least means nobody having to upload and host 9Gb or so of files on MEGA, so rejoice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4060
    February 2016
    268 Posts

Oh hey that looks okay.

Oh.
    Quick question. Is this still under development? I almost forgot about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #4061
    November 2014
    442 Posts
    Quick question. Is this still under development? I almost forgot about it.
    There's the reason why I never finished it right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #4062
    February 2016
    268 Posts
    Oh yeah. broken rigging and i believe broken weight transforms right? same problem with the grunts at first. Isn't this fixible? I know it will take a lot of time to get it right, but still.

23. Post #4063
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    I actually have one with the rigging intact. It's just been awhile since I've worked with it, so I'd need to redo the materials for it, like most of what I've ported.

24. Post #4064
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts

Helljumper rigged. On to Mark IV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

25. Post #4065
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,056 Posts

These shaders are fantastic.
    though I do need to figure out what's causing that obnoxious noise on everything.

26. Post #4066
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    8,153 Posts
    Yeeees Helljumper, I'm too excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4067
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    It would be quicker if I had rigged game models, but oh well. These will do for the time being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4068
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    Here's a bag of goodies if people want em: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1...17x57/Halo.zip

It's got everything I've done to date (minus personal ports), including things like the Infinity interiors, Forward Unto Dawn interiors, etc. I didn't strip out anything that was a WIP/unfinished/abandoned so if something is broken, I'm probably aware of it.

Feel free to improve upon what's there if you want. If you release something you changed, just credit me please!

Anyway, enjoy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #4069
    April 2016
    69 Posts
    Here's a bag of goodies if people want em: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1...17x57/Halo.zip

It's got everything I've done to date (minus personal ports), including things like the Infinity interiors, Forward Unto Dawn interiors, etc. I didn't strip out anything that was a WIP/unfinished/abandoned so if something is broken, I'm probably aware of it.

Feel free to improve upon what's there if you want. If you release something you changed, just credit me please!

Anyway, enjoy.
    wow almost a gig of stuff. thanks soul
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

30. Post #4070

October 2013
    63 Posts
    Someone can upload halo forge weapons and vehicles model in raw - model as obj, fbx, dae and textures in any format? Only model and textures without rigged, shader, materials and etc.
    Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #4071
    June 2016
    216 Posts

Anyway, enjoy.
    Thanks!

32. Post #4072
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,314 Posts
    Soul you should take all the helmets off the Blue Team models and replace them with recolored versions of Chief's helmet.

Or at least Linda and Fred's because their helmet designs make me want to vomit and shit at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

33. Post #4073
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    Yeah, that's not something I'm in interested in doing.

Edited:

The amount of detail in these...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #4074

August 2016
    7 Posts

Anyway, enjoy.
    Sweet now to spend the next 4 hours in sfm looking at everything.

35. Post #4075
    November 2012
    19 Posts

Anyway, enjoy.
    woah! you just made my weekend. The environment models here are amazing!
    Might make it a personal project to retexture that new mombasa skybox model, even in it's current state it'll be super useful for scenebuilds. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #4076
    December 2012
    381 Posts
    Quick question, does anyone else have missing textures on the following models.
    tempest_structure_02
    rocket_turret
    infinity_launch_pad
    new_mombasa_04
    new_mombasa_03
    new_mombasa_02
    new_mombasa_01
    and dare is invsibile

*Also thanks Soul_ for releasing all these models to us.*

37. Post #4077
    August 2015
    785 Posts
    Just wondering, has anyone managed to get the Halo 4 Marines out of the Xbone or nah?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Show Events

38. Post #4078
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    Yeah, that's not something I'm in interested in doing.

Edited:

The amount of detail in these...

Nice when will this model be available for download? Looks almost like the Halo Wars Spartan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

39. Post #4079
    July 2015
    1,218 Posts
    Yeah, I'm working on the sets people requested.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

40. Post #4080
    February 2016
    268 Posts
    Yeah, I'm working on the sets people requested.

Woo! Extreamly detailed Halo Wars Spartans!