1. Post #6441
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,324 Posts
    yeah, and they will fall apart in a week. not saying supreme is reasonably priced, but the quality is much better than that.
    They get their products from the same Chinese sweatshops as everyone else is manufacturing in china. Production costs for using slightly thicker fabrics and materials is not going to significantly change the final production price. The majority of the cost is in the labor and that stays pretty constant. Quality control is something the large companies can have a tighter control on but beyond that it's not like they are not going to be magically made far superior. If you took the time and energy to get in contact with different factories, and get sample orders produced and find the quality you are looking for I am sure you could produce the same quality that Supreme produces a lot of their products at for a much cheaper cost if your MOQ was high enough and you invested enough time in the pre-production process.

I know that Supreme has collaborations with companies who produce within the US or Canada, and use higher quality fabrics from time to time like Woolrich wool or CYC Fleece (Canadian), but on average their garments are produced in China anymore, and as long as you're tight on CC and have a good line of communications with the factory you can get some very nicely produced things out of China cheaply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6442
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    They get their products from the same Chinese sweatshops as everyone else is manufacturing in china. Production costs for using slightly thicker fabrics and materials is not going to significantly change the final production price. The majority of the cost is in the labor. Quality control is something the large companies can have a tighter control on but beyond that it's not like they are not going to be magically made far superior. If you took the time and energy to get in contact with different factories, and get sample orders produced and find the quality you are looking for I am sure you could produce the same quality that Supreme produces a lot of their products at for a much cheaper cost if your MOQ was high enough and you were invested enough time in the pre-production process.

I know that Supreme has collaborations with companies who produce within the US or Canada, and use higher quality fabrics from time to time like Woolrich wool or CYC Fleece (Canadian), but on average their garments are produced in China anymore, and as long as you're tight on CC and have a good line of communications with the factory you can get some very nicely produced things out of China cheaply.
    everything supreme is made in america pal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #6443
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,324 Posts
    Not it's not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #6444
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts
    They get their products from the same Chinese sweatshops as everyone else is manufacturing in china. Production costs for using slightly thicker fabrics and materials is not going to significantly change the final production price. The majority of the cost is in the labor and that stays pretty constant. Quality control is something the large companies can have a tighter control on but beyond that it's not like they are not going to be magically made far superior. If you took the time and energy to get in contact with different factories, and get sample orders produced and find the quality you are looking for I am sure you could produce the same quality that Supreme produces a lot of their products at for a much cheaper cost if your MOQ was high enough and you were invested enough time in the pre-production process.

yeah, and all intel cpu's are also made in china, but that doesn't mean they're all equally powerful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #6445
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,324 Posts
    yeah, and all intel cpu's are also made in china, but that doesn't mean they're all equally powerful.
    Ah, because I said all clothing made in all Chinese garment factories are always the same quality, right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6446
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,427 Posts
    this is possibly the worst analogy i've ever read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #6447
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    this is possibly the worst analogy i've ever read
    I hope it was a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #6448
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #6449
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    18,632 Posts
    Whats up with fat people and bowties??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

10. Post #6450
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts
    what's the deal with airlines food?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

11. Post #6451
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    21,382 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #6452
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,650 Posts

Edited:

fucking ninjad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #6453
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #6454
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    ~Whoops nevermind~

15. Post #6455
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts

wow...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #6456
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,427 Posts
    i don't get it

i get that this is what people look like after visiting mfa, but is the tumblr trying to say that these people now look good or is it satirical?

Edited:

ahahahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #6457
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    Not it's not.

maybe the nikes have an exception but all shirts and hats have this tag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6458
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts
    i don't get it

i get that this is what people look like after visiting mfa, but is the tumblr trying to say that these people now look good or is it satirical?

Edited:

ahahahaha
    what do you think?

19. Post #6459
    GOLF
    August 2012
    1,585 Posts

their fleece products and jackets are / were sometimes made in canada

but yeah no chinese sweatshops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #6460
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,650 Posts
    i don't get it

Edited:

ahahahaha
    theres some really horrible stuff, but some other stuff that I didnt find that bad

Edited:

Neverfuckingmind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

21. Post #6461
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,324 Posts

Yep, Supreme doesn't make anything in China.

Regardless, I'm sure their stuff is just fine quality, but in my opinion nothing unbelievable or worth $350 for a long sleeve shirt if you're judging that purely on quality or design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #6462
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    i said all shirts and hats

Edited:

and you cant blame colabs, they just smack their label on there

23. Post #6463
    October 2011
    2,494 Posts

Charles_of_Wales wants to know how his outfit is for a semi-casual dinner party while he is about to get lasagna out of the oven.

24. Post #6464
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,324 Posts

Edited:

and you cant blame colabs, they just smack their label on there
    Second one from the bottom is a shirt. From what I gather their hats are US made, their hoodies are often Canadian made but not exclusively. None of what I posted are collaborations, they are all normal supreme products. TNF colabs are made in Bangladesh, Schott colabs are made in New York (Because it's Schott, not Supreme's doing) Many of their products are made in China, that's all I was saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #6465
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts
    just returning some videotapes.

26. Post #6466
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,215 Posts

yeah the jumpers i've owned are made in canada
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #6467
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    Second one from the bottom is a shirt. From what I gather their hats are US made, their hoodies are often Canadian made but not exclusively. None of what I posted are collaborations, they are all normal supreme products. TNF colabs are made in Bangladesh, Schott colabs are made in New York (Because it's Schott, not Supreme's doing) Many of their products are made in China, that's all I was saying.
    well, you had north face, i see you removed it tho

28. Post #6468
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    6,511 Posts
    I'm pretty sure you said

Nice pagelong backpedal into being embarrassingly wrong though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #6469
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    I'm pretty sure you said

Nice pagelong backpedal into being embarrassingly wrong though
    i changed my statement mid page with
    which is true, but ajaks is right, some jackets are made in china, and they are super expensive, too much for being made in china, but really, most everything they make is made in america
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6470
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    5,143 Posts
    Does this thread include hair and hair help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #6471
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,545 Posts
    Does this thread include hair and hair help?
    yeah, anything relating to your appearance

32. Post #6472
    ===
    This was a waste of $1
    December 2011
    1,370 Posts
    What jeans and shoes are these?

E: Are suede boots going to get damaged in the snow or rain?
    I wanna get this pair of brown suede JD Fisk Oakey for $90
    Jeans are American Eagle and shoes are Armadillo.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashiona...v_11th/cdbtk1q
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

33. Post #6473
    Hustlin'
    July 2013
    1,873 Posts
    So how would I go about asking for some help on wardrobe? I've been trying to dress nicer recently, because honestly, the band tee's, jeans, and sneakers everyday has really got to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

34. Post #6474
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,324 Posts
    So how would I go about asking for some help on wardrobe? I've been trying to dress nicer recently, because honestly, the band tee's, jeans, and sneakers everyday has really got to go.
    Well it depends on what kind of style you're looking for. You can start by simply replacing band t-shirts with simpler t-shirts, avoid anything plastered in obnoxious logos. If I was starting from scratch and was new to everything I'd find someones style I like, who is roughly the same build, and figure out why I like it, and go from there.

35. Post #6475
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,356 Posts
    -snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #6476
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    18,632 Posts
    Im looking for a pair of dark brown pants that are as *forgiving as jeans.

*forgiving as in they can get beat up and have **shit spilled and stained on them without it looking awful/too noticable.

**shit as in oil paint (sometimes doesnt lift off completely), charcoal, guacamole, and coffee.

Regular chinos have are too proper. they got no texture or variation in tone so the smallest stain stands out too much.

Edited:

Are brown jeans a thing?

Canvas chinos?

Maybe i'll get some slim-fit camo pants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

37. Post #6477
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,706 Posts
    brown jeans are definitely a thing, i own two pairs

Edited:

these arent jeans, but i really want them
    http://www.asos.com/au/Levis-Vintage...t=-1&clr=Brown

shame about the price though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #6478
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,650 Posts
    **shit as in oil paint (sometimes doesnt lift off completely), charcoal, guacamole, and coffee.
    thats a really specific set of things that you spill on your pants
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #6479
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,706 Posts
    i never spill anything on my pants. always shirts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #6480
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    10,533 Posts
    i often spill beer all over myself, but that's it.

Edited:

how many pairs of pants do you have rusty?