1. Post #881
    March 2013
    837 Posts
    When I played origins it was kinda boring, I don't know what everyone else thinks about it, but I didn't like it that much.
    I don't like it now that it has all the goofy models added in. The women characters look absolutely ridiculous and the vehicles are even worse. The servers also are laggy as hell due to the bots patrolling the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #882

November 2012
    362 Posts
    Damn. Returning to Dayz after a long break just doesn't feel fun. Even with the new maps and stuff I don't feel the awe I had when I first played it. I want my excitement back so much. I feel sad.
    Hoping Standalone will bring that, it's like waiting for the rapture. The return of Jesus Christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    I don't like it now that it has all the goofy models added in. The women characters look absolutely ridiculous and the vehicles are even worse. The servers also are laggy as hell due to the bots patrolling the map.
    That's why I'm not getting on the FP server, want to forget about Chernaraus by the time Standalone comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

4. Post #884
    August 2008
    623 Posts
    So I haven't played in about a year, started again today.

Goddamn, Dayz has really been dragged far down the shitter... I can't even find a vanilla server with decent population. Seriously what is this fucking crap? All servers have you starting with shitloads of gear, the servers are crowded with barracks everywhere, vehicles, etc.

Have the dayz community forgotten that Dayz isn't wasteland? ...

Dayz seems like it's become a tdm game with the occational zombie.

I blame the children, they're always the cause of a games downfall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

5. Post #885
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    458 Posts
    Has anyone heard of DayZ Breaking Point? http://www.thezombieinfection.com/in...-point/?p=3568 Saw a twitch streamer playing it at one time. Just wondering if anyone else played or plays this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,773 Posts
    Has anyone heard of DayZ Breaking Point? http://www.thezombieinfection.com/in...-point/?p=3568 Saw a twitch streamer playing it at one time. Just wondering if anyone else played or plays this.
    I heard it's not that good from people who've played it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,606 Posts
    So I haven't played in about a year, started again today.

Goddamn, Dayz has really been dragged far down the shitter... I can't even find a vanilla server with decent population. Seriously what is this fucking crap? All servers have you starting with shitloads of gear, the servers are crowded with barracks everywhere, vehicles, etc.

Have the dayz community forgotten that Dayz isn't wasteland? ...

Dayz seems like it's become a tdm game with the occational zombie.

I blame the children, they're always the cause of a games downfall.

Yeah. This is the problem. It's hard to find any vanilla servers, even then, they're always filled with hackers and shit.

And then when you go to private servers, 90% of them are "1,000 vehicles! Start with DMR + all tools" and that bullshit. It's annoying. It doesn't help that I always see people talking about how you need a AMR and shit to be good. It's really run down the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #888
    August 2008
    623 Posts
    Standalone can't come sooner! All the veteran players are gonna be returning then.

Man its impossible to have fun in dayz... Cuz if it isn't shitty deathmatch servers pissing you off, it's the players. I've been playing for like 5-6 hours now, and I have found 2 players who didn't shoot me on sight, but instead asked if I was friendly...

/frustration
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #889
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,456 Posts
    I've been playing on US 3533 (174.34.158.74 ) and it's served me pretty well. Vanilla and all that, I haven't seen a hacker yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,649 Posts
    Who took my bus that was crashed in the woods? Not that I'm mad or anything, it's just I had quite a lot of things in there and now it's missing.

11. Post #891

November 2012
    362 Posts
    THIS THURSDAY E3 WE WILL WITNESS WHAT HAS BECOME "STANDALONE ALPHA".

Let us hope it's been worth the wait. I really want a hardcore game, fuck all ammo and guns. Lots of worn out clothes, hatchets and baseball bats.

The DayZ mod has been raped by hackers and 14 year old modders. Time for the real deal Dean, I believe in Dean.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #892
    August 2008
    623 Posts
    I'm pooping myself in anticipation!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,317 Posts
    poop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

14. Post #894

November 2012
    362 Posts
    All of Dean's Hans Beans you've been eating, they give you the splats... I'd hold off on beans for awhile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,145 Posts
    I heard it's not that good from people who've played it.
    Breaking point is alright but there are some weird things that happen. Sure, there's a huge variety of weapons, but for some reason whenever I play breaking point the whole "delay between you hitting and them dying" thing seems to happen much more often and for much longer. I can shoot someone completely unaware in the back of the head and they can have time to turn around and shoot back before dying.

Also, it seems like zombies do much more knockout and leg damage which is REALLY annoying.

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    7,285 Posts
    Arma 3 day z is surprisingly fun. Community seems fairly mature as well, plenty of friendly and fun people.

I don't get why they don't use some of the Arma 3 vehicles/weapons though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,145 Posts
    Arma 3 day z is surprisingly fun. Community seems fairly mature as well, plenty of friendly and fun people.

You mean all 7 of them?

ArmA 3 stuff doesn't really have a place in DayZ, anyways. Since it's set in a post-soviet state, there should be AKs everywhere, not MX's from 2030.

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    7,285 Posts
    You mean all 7 of them?

ArmA 3 stuff doesn't really have a place in DayZ, anyways. Since it's set in a post-soviet state, there should be AKs everywhere, not MX's from 2030.
    EBR (As super high tier military gear) and the Arma 3 pistols (I forget their names) wouldn't be too bad to have though, surely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!
    March 2008
    4,755 Posts
    Can't say russian pistols currently used by their armed forces would be too dumb to have in game..

MP-443 Grach, adopted in '03.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

20. Post #900
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,773 Posts
    I do agree the female models are the stupidest thing I've seen, I mean the survivor ones are fine and dandy, but when you go Hero or Bandit you become a shoot me target or a slutty kicking wearing neon which makes nonsense, at least the male hero and bandit models actually fit ya know.

21. Post #901
    hey
    Dennab
    August 2006
    6,363 Posts

wait, ARMA 3 day z has actually been experimented with?

where's a download link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    7,285 Posts
    wait, ARMA 3 day z has actually been experimented with?

where's a download link
    http://zoombiesmod.com/index.php

There's a patch somewhere to fix food/water, might wanna pick that up too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #903
    January 2012
    1,557 Posts
    Whoever where in Cherno about an hour ago. I'm sorry I shot at you. I heard you running around shooting with a revovler and were nervous since it's been a long time since I last met another person on the FP server. You didn't get hit and i ran away from you afterwards as I had no interest in actually killing you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,535 Posts
    You mean all 7 of them?

All I would want are the pistols because the Arma 2 ones don't have iron sights.

Also the map is just standard Chernarus, not the DayZ version, so it's missing a lot of stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #905
    Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!
    March 2008
    4,755 Posts
    What are you talking about? ArmA 2 handguns have iron sights..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #906
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    7,285 Posts
    What are you talking about? ArmA 2 handguns have iron sights..
    Not in Arma 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,198 Posts
    If it's too much to ask, I'm sorry. In DayZ Chernarus; I took a dip and swam over to Skalisty Isle in the search of helicopters. If I do find one in a server I join in, I'll just redraw my words. Otherwise, I would like a pick up. I can provide any food you have used to get to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #908
    Dennab
    June 2005
    14,184 Posts
    ughh the server I stashed ma shit has updated to 1.7.7 but no patch has been released yet

i need ma drugs man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #909
    Mother of Dragons
    March 2006
    1,642 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    July 2012
    1,265 Posts
    How long until the server gets updated?
    Or is it up to Six and DayzCommander?

31. Post #911
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,756 Posts
    AFAIK the update isnt fully out yet because of the steam update shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

32. Post #912
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,606 Posts
    Logged into some random server to see this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,077 Posts
    So we discovered that combat-rolling is a thing now:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #914
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    5,240 Posts
    Rolling is removed in DayZ Standalone though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events

35. Post #915
    May 2011
    357 Posts
    Anyone else here had there CD Key stolen before? I'm looking to buy Arma 2 OA again maybe when it goes on sale, but I'm not too sure about BattleEye.
    I've been reading that some people rebuy the game on a new account, and are still banned when they try to join games on their new account. Kind of confused as to how that works.
    Was also thinking maybe I could buy the game again, and just use the new CD key on my current account. Any ideas?

36. Post #916
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    Anyone else here had there CD Key stolen before? I'm looking to buy Arma 2 OA again maybe when it goes on sale, but I'm not too sure about BattleEye.
    I've been reading that some people rebuy the game on a new account, and are still banned when they try to join games on their new account. Kind of confused as to how that works.
    Was also thinking maybe I could buy the game again, and just use the new CD key on my current account. Any ideas?
    Well step 1 is not to do anything that could get your CD stolen *cough* and then buy a new CD key or just wait half a month for standalone to supposedly be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #917
    May 2011
    357 Posts
    I'm usually pretty careful with that stuff, but I ended up making a stupid mistake, and I'll happily pay the price for it considering it's summer. Had some great fun playing DayZ these past two years, and even Wasteland.
    Just want to know if anyone else here has gone through something similar, so I'm not going through this blindly.

38. Post #918
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    I'm usually pretty careful with that stuff, but I ended up making a stupid mistake, and I'll happily pay the price for it considering it's summer. Had some great fun playing DayZ these past two years, and even Wasteland.
    Just want to know if anyone else here has gone through something similar, so I'm not going through this blindly.
    As long as you aren't hacking you're fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #919
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,145 Posts
    Go to prigoridki, go up to one of those dirtmounds facing the side that is wider, and roll up it.

I dare you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #920
    August 2008
    623 Posts
    Rolling is removed in DayZ Standalone though.
    Yeah but you can vault over things like you do in battlefield. So it's alot better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events