1. Post #1361
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,685 Posts
    I guess its just me that absolutely hated Rin's route.
    I had a bit of trouble with Rin's arc. Not in the sense that I hated it in general (I found it very well-written and I could often identify with the characters), but rather because    Hisao's growing obsession with Rin in spite of her continual aloofness didn't rub off on me   . It all sort of came together into something rewarding towards the end, but for much of act 2 and onward I felt a bit disconnected to Hisao (and, in turn, to Rin) and frequently became annoyed with how things were turning out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1362
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,890 Posts
    I'd have to agree, i didn't really understand Rin's arc at all. I'll have to give her arc a replay.

3. Post #1363
    November 2012
    489 Posts
    I had a bit of trouble with Rin's arc. Not in the sense that I hated it in general (I found it very well-written and I could often identify with the characters), but rather because    Hisao's growing obsession with Rin in spite of her continual aloofness didn't rub off on me   . It all sort of came together into something rewarding towards the end, but for much of act 2 and onward I felt a bit disconnected to Hisao (and, in turn, to Rin) and frequently became annoyed with how things were turning out.
    This explains my situation.    Rin's aloofness was what really did it in for me. It felt a lot less serious than the other routes and her disability didn't really make an impact on the story (even though lilly's didn't either).   If it wasn't me being a completionist I could have been perfectly fine for never going through her route.

4. Post #1364
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,765 Posts
    heretics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1365
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,885 Posts
       Hisao's growing obsession with Rin in spite of her continual aloofness didn't rub off on me   
       Not in spite of, because of. Rin was a complete mystery so as Hisao's curiosity grew, he became obsessed with getting to know her better.   

6. Post #1366
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,685 Posts
       Not in spite of, because of. Rin was a complete mystery so as Hisao's curiosity grew, he became obsessed with getting to know her better.   
    True. In my eyes it made Hisao seem a bit    psychotic however. Even though I was always curious to find out more about her I personally wasn't as intrigued by or complacent with her swinging back and forth between being friendly and dismissive as Hisao evidently was...   

It's a darn shame the writer's idea of "mystery" created such personal problems for me, because literally everything else about the arc was great.

7. Post #1367
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,582 Posts
    Oh my god how is this thread still alive? :O I didnt think this VN was so popular!

8. Post #1368
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    10,177 Posts
    it shouldnt be
    goddamnit people read more vns there's lots of them out there
    many even better than this one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #1369
    White Male seeking K-Pop Harem
    January 2012
    2,806 Posts
    This shouldn't have its own thread, it should just merge with the VN thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1370
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,361 Posts
    it shouldnt be
    goddamnit people read more vns there's lots of them out there
    many even better than this one
    welcome to six months ago

Edited:

and seven months ago

Edited:

and so on, for however many times this discussion has come up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1371
    February 2007
    10,177 Posts
    who cares
    someone ask someone to merge the threads pls

Edited:

"The Visual Novel Megathread V. Katawa Shoujo General"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #1372
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,361 Posts
    again, it's already been discussed and it isn't happening

Edited:

this thread will eventually die on its own i'm sure, KS has almost been out for a year and some change anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1373
    White Male seeking K-Pop Harem
    January 2012
    2,806 Posts
    Probably better that way to be honest, most people here don't seem to be interested in anything but KS when it comes to VNs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1374
    February 2007
    10,177 Posts
    Probably better that way to be honest, most people here don't seem to be interested in anything but KS when it comes to VNs.
    that's major suckage, there's so many good ones out there

15. Post #1375
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,885 Posts
    VNs mostly get talked about in Fast Anime, I'd like them OUT. Though it'd be a bit weird to have a much more popular thread thread getting merged into a smaller general chat.

16. Post #1376
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts

Kenji > All other shoujos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

17. Post #1377
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,765 Posts
    ech
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1378
    June 2013
    2,050 Posts
    I'd have to agree, i didn't really understand Rin's arc at all. I'll have to give her arc a replay.
    You just have to understand how artists thinks. They're not as simple as in ' i like you i like you too lets fuck ok'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1379
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,474 Posts
    KS introduced me to VNs as a genre and made me start playing others like Clanned, but I still enjoy talking about KS because I enjoyed Rin's arc so much.

20. Post #1380
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,282 Posts
    The only other VN's I've played were the zero escapes and a bit of IMHHW. KS really isn't even all that great, but it's so memorable despite that and it's still fun to talk about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1381
    I'm not. I mean, I'm not against the idea of reading them, but I don't have anywhere enough interest to go and find more.

And no, that isn't a call for recommendations.

22. Post #1382
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,685 Posts
    I'm not. I mean, I'm not against the idea of reading them, but I don't have anywhere enough interest to go and find more.

And no, that isn't a call for recommendations.
    KS made me go and try Saya no Uta

23. Post #1383

June 2012
    516 Posts
    KS made me go and try Saya no Uta
    Dangit, I still need to play through that one. I've heard it's good and horrifying.

24. Post #1384
    February 2007
    10,177 Posts
    here guys, have a new manga about a deaf girl that ISN'T shit unlike some blue haired cunt

The oneshot isn't new but chapter 1 came out yesterday

also it's fucking amazing

Edited:

its not late :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

25. Post #1385
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,455 Posts
    here guys, have a new manga about a deaf girl that ISN'T shit unlike some blue haired cunt

Edited:

I remember reading the oneshot ages ago, was pretty good. Might keep up with it if it's getting a proper one.

26. Post #1386
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,890 Posts
    You just have to understand how artists thinks. They're not as simple as in ' i like you i like you too lets fuck ok'
    I feel as though that is a subtle dig at Lilly. Anyway, you are right. I don't understand artists. I've pretty good friends with one and i don't get how he works. I generally act in the same style as him (Impulsive and unpredictably), but i don't get him. It wasn't the lack of fucking or anything that annoyed me, it was the general vagueness of Rin, coupled with her art just fucking lost me.

27. Post #1387
    Original 300 elitist.
    January 2005
    1,732 Posts
    [RIN SPOILERS]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

28. Post #1388
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    3,686 Posts
    First one's very interesting, but I don't really get the second.

29. Post #1389
    First one's very interesting, but I don't really get the second.
    She had a dream about the dandelion scene before it happened.

And since it came true she started crying out of happiness, just like when she dreamed it.

30. Post #1390

Edited:

Shizune isn't a cunt. She just has difficulty with communication; which is totally understandable.

Shit, I'd bet Misha doesn't relay exactly what she says even a tenth of the time, which would change people's perception of you drastically without you even knowing/being able to do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #1391
    February 2007
    10,177 Posts
    Shizune isn't a cunt. She just has difficulty with communication; which is totally understandable.

Shit, I'd bet Misha doesn't relay exactly what she says even a tenth of the time, which would change people's perception of you drastically without you even knowing/being able to do anything.
    ye probably
    still a bitch tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1392
    ye probably
    still a bitch tho
    She's blunt, which makes a ton of sense, given that her only way of communication is by one proxy or another.

In other news, I made a thing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #1393
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,282 Posts
    It looks weird because each of the images use a different art style and don't really fit together

34. Post #1394
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,885 Posts
    Hisao's JEWISH?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #1395
    Hisao's JEWISH?!
    It's because Hisao's the star.

36. Post #1396
    It looks weird because each of the images use a different art style and don't really fit together
    Meh, it doesn't bother me personally.

Hisao's JEWISH?!
    ermagerd it's just a geometric construct, I hate not being able to use it because people insist on making Judaism jokes.

I just picked it because it has enough places for all the girls + Hisao.

37. Post #1397
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    9,232 Posts
    She's blunt, which makes a ton of sense, given that her only way of communication is by one proxy or another.

Oy vey~, Hicchan~!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #1398
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,582 Posts
    [RIN SPOILERS]

I have never thought Rin's arc was any good. But after seeing that second picture, I kind of thought about it. Damn son.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #1399
    September 2010
    1,423 Posts

Goyim Nakai, have you paid for the new Katawa Shekels?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

40. Post #1400
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,511 Posts
    [RIN SPOILERS]
    I've seen people discuss this before and apparently Rin made those paintings before the    sex scene   , so unless she's like that guy from Heroes who can paint the future.....