1. Post #801
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    Ended up confessing to a girl that I like her. She said she would really like to get to know me better before anything, so I guess that went better than expected? I never see her though so that might be a bit hard.
    If you want to get to know each other then don't just wait for opportunities to get to see her, invite her out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #802
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    3,686 Posts
    Say I'm at a social occasion, party, outing with friends, etc
    So I meet some girl, get talking, we discuss what we do, get along well. Both go to the same uni as it happens.

Now of course it's a party, so I move about and stuff.

Say she seems interesting. I want to go talk to her again. I've sorta' used up all the more "one-size-fits-all" things to say. Where do I go from here? Preferably without sounding like an interrogation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    you say hey it was nice talking to you at that party, you seem interesting, let's hang out

or some variation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #804
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    3,686 Posts
    you say hey it was nice talking to you at that party, you seem interesting, let's hang out

or some variation
    No I mean say I see her again at the same party and want to talk to her more, build up what I can at the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #805
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    hey you seem pretty cool would you like a drink i promise i did not roofie it

hey let's go outside it smells and it's crowded in here

hey i just met you and this is crazy but here's my number so call me maybe

just figure out a way to actually talk to her, bro. ideally in a place where there isn't a huge amount of distractions but not enough of a secluded place that she'll get a rape-y vibe (especially at a party)

6. Post #806
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    Say I'm at a social occasion, party, outing with friends, etc
    So I meet some girl, get talking, we discuss what we do, get along well. Both go to the same uni as it happens.

Now of course it's a party, so I move about and stuff.

Say she seems interesting. I want to go talk to her again. I've sorta' used up all the more "one-size-fits-all" things to say. Where do I go from here? Preferably without sounding like an interrogation.
    It works better if its the same convo, but if you have discussed classes or whatever standard stuff, thing she likes just try building off any little hints for other things she mentions. You could try asking her about other people at the partly like "you know anyone else here?" "yeah ___ he is in my economics class" and just sorta ask about that person until you grab something you can ask them about themselves again, or something that can relate to you and continue the conversation that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,161 Posts
    Ended up confessing to a girl that I like her. She said she would really like to get to know me better before anything, so I guess that went better than expected? I never see her though so that might be a bit hard.
    for future reference don't confess your feelings
    if you like someone just ask them out, confessing to them doesn't get you anywhere and it generally creates a very awkward situation. she even responded by saying she'd like to get to know you better, if you had just asked her out instead you would be doing just that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #808
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    one of my favorite podcasts was discussing this at length on monday...i should try to upload it somewhere or something.

9. Post #809
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    one of my favorite podcasts was discussing this at length on monday...i should try to upload it somewhere or something.
    If it was a podcast im assuming it was already online somewhere?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    true, but only the last bit of it matters. i'll see if I can find the place it starts

Edited:

found it. i don't think i can link to specific times, so just skip to 51:00

Edited:

or 51:20 or something, they're talking about crane kicks and beating the shit out of flamingos at 51:00

Edited:

also i think it's like 10+ minutes long, now that i think about it

but it's solid advice

Edited:

also it becomes not as good advice at like 1:00:00

11. Post #811
    October 2010
    7,368 Posts
    If you want to get to know each other then don't just wait for opportunities to get to see her, invite her out.
    I did already. We established that school wasn't working well since we have no classes together and I never saw her in the halls or anything, so I asked her if she was free this weekend. So far, she isn't sure if she's busy or not. I don't want to look too deep into it, but I know just about everything has another meaning, so..

12. Post #812
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    I did already. We established that school wasn't working well since we have no classes together and I never saw her in the halls or anything, so I asked her if she was free this weekend. So far, she isn't sure if she's busy or not. I don't want to look too deep into it, but I know just about everything has another meaning, so..
    Ask her what she is busy with, or check up the next day if she knows if she can yet. If she keeps brushing it aside then I would start looking at alternate meanings, wouldn't fuss about it immediately.
    If you have less of a busy schedule you could try asking her when is good for her instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,459 Posts
    Ask her what she is busy with, or check up the next day if she knows if she can yet. If she keeps brushing it aside then I would start looking at alternate meanings, wouldn't fuss about it immediately.
    If you have less of a busy schedule you could try asking her when is good for her instead.
    I don't know if I would ask what she's doing if he just met her, it might seem too forward, maybe I'm not reading the context right though. How and when did you start liking her, like how did you have enough contact to tell her you liked her?

14. Post #814
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,436 Posts
    I don't know if I would ask what she's doing if he just met her, it might seem too forward, maybe I'm not reading the context right though. How and when did you start liking her, like how did you have enough contact to tell her you liked her?
    I ask people I dont even know what they are up to on the weekend, thats pretty standard idle conversation? Can just ask as an interested question:
    "Hey wanna hang out this weekend?"
    "Might not be able to im busy"
    "Oh what with :)?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #815
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,707 Posts
    @_@ i found out i like to cock block people

i know these dudes are interested in my friend because of the way they're acting and talking with her and she looks so uninterested and then i just come by and then start to tease her and then she just stops talking to them and start talking to me and then while i feel bad, i feel so good too

it gives me a rush
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #816
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,963 Posts
    wow holy shit i saw this on facebook after someone liked it, absolutely everything that is wrong with the sort of "friendzone" mindset all in one astounding image

like i want to quote the worst parts but i would end up quoting the entire thing so instead just bask in this shit

Edited:

actually i'll bite the bullet and say the single worst part is "rightfully complains about the aloof and disinterested nature of most girls"
    if guys like that weren't so disgustingly self-centered and entitled maybe they would see how fucked they are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #817
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,738 Posts
    that image looks like satire

it's satire right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #818
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    39,999 Posts
    almost all of the ones on the right category describe liz lemon, someone every woman should aspire to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,567 Posts
    hey you seem pretty cool would you like a drink i promise i did not roofie it
    hey girl you seem pretty cool want to hear my rape joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

20. Post #820
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,745 Posts
    Yeah thats a great idea of talking to a women put a suspicion in her mind she probably didnt have before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events

21. Post #821
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    6,582 Posts
    wow holy shit i saw this on facebook after someone liked it, absolutely everything that is wrong with the sort of "friendzone" mindset all in one astounding image

like i want to quote the worst parts but i would end up quoting the entire thing so instead just bask in this shit

Edited:

actually i'll bite the bullet and say the single worst part is "rightfully complains about the aloof and disinterested nature of most girls"
    if guys like that weren't so disgustingly self-centered and entitled maybe they would see how fucked they are
    Daniel Brühl is sexy as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

22. Post #822
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,053 Posts

Edited:

its more than just wrong its flat out sexist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

23. Post #823
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,963 Posts
    that image looks like satire

it's satire right?
    there's too much that makes it seem like it's being serious, and even if it is satire, the people spreading it around facebook are completely serious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

24. Post #824
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    5,259 Posts
    What would be a good movie for a first date? (At the cinema, if we don't find any good theater shows or conserts)
    Current movies are:
    Oz
    Wreck it ralph
    Silver Linings Playbook
    Life of Pi
    (And some more I don't know anything about including some swedish movies)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #825
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,328 Posts
    Try to reconsider going to the movies as a first date. It's hard to make a move because it's pretty early, and you can't talk because it's a movie. The only times when you can get to know the person is before and after the movie.

26. Post #826
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    yeah. if you insist on a movie, go to dinner first or something.

also of all those wreck it ralph is the safest, IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #827
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    5,259 Posts
    Movies was one of her suggestions, among theater and concert. I'd love to take her out to dinner aswell so I'm going to ask if she want's do that before/after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

28. Post #828
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,424 Posts

Edited:

Probably the most telling thing about it is that the image on the left does not say "unable to find a relationship", but instead says "unable to find sex". Can't get much more condescending with that 'rightfully' later on, it's horrible.

29. Post #829
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,745 Posts
    It's my birthday

practice your socialness by wishing me a good one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

30. Post #830
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,071 Posts
    I guess I'll tell my story...

So I attended a music school in an art school, and I was really down with my Math grade. I ended up in one of the "worst" math groups (Practical Math). I met this lovely girl that is like a nerdy girl that is a videogamer, (she specificly hates "VIDEOGAMERGIRLS" because they have given her a bad reputation) and she is going on drawing subject line. I got to know her and I slowly gained more and more feeling for her. She started to act like more as a bitch towards me around Christmas last year and I didn't mind it too much. I still had the strong feeling and started to gain more interest to know her better. As a guy, I'm the careful "wait until shit's ready" before I take any chances. (After all, I don't wanna ruin the friendship we already have.)
    I was with her and some of her friends last week and I was going to a dance concert to see another girl in my math class. I really felt happy to spend time with her. And on Monday I got a message from her on skype. I chat and "snapchat" her ever so often to keep contact since she is living around an hour from me, and I barely see her besides math class. She then apologized for being a bitch towards me and I felt like this might be it. The hope was suddenly crushed though, because when she went into detail she said the she didn't want me to get romantic feels for her, when she knew she wouldn't return such favors. Now, for the last 3-4 days, I've had horrible sleep patterns, a feel of emptiness and general exhaustion, because she made me happy. Every chat message she sent, every snapchat message she sent me got my hopes up. And to top it of, when she said this, I was hearing my favorite song. (It's norwegian but the english lyrics translate to : "And when I wake up, I'm woken every morning of a black deprivation". The song is "Markedet bestemmer" by a Western Norwegian band named Kaizers Orchestra)
    Now I listen to this, every time, on repeat often many times before I fell asleep for these days, and then ending up waking up because of a dream with her in it, around 5.am every morning since she confessed. I didn't cry, I just felt like every part of my facade just crumbled into a huge pit of mixed feelings.

So yeah, that's been my whole week. It feels good to tell someone sometimes...

Edited:

It's my birthday

Are you in the eastern part of the world? If so, happy birthday with 22nd of March. That is a great day because that's my birthday as well Have a nice day man! (If not, 21st is a great day too)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

31. Post #831
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,745 Posts
    I guess I'll tell my story...

So I attended a music school in an art school, and I was really down with my Math grade. I ended up in one of the "worst" math groups (Practical Math). I met this lovely girl that is like a nerdy girl that is a videogamer, (she specificly hates "VIDEOGAMERGIRLS" because they have given her a bad reputation) and she is going on drawing subject line. I got to know her and I slowly gained more and more feeling for her. She started to act like more as a bitch towards me around Christmas last year and I didn't mind it too much. I still had the strong feeling and started to gain more interest to know her better. As a guy, I'm the careful "wait until shit's ready" before I take any chances. (After all, I don't wanna ruin the friendship we already have.)
    I was with her and some of her friends last week and I was going to a dance concert to see another girl in my math class. I really felt happy to spend time with her. And on Monday I got a message from her on skype. I chat and "snapchat" her ever so often to keep contact since she is living around an hour from me, and I barely see her besides math class. She then apologized for being a bitch towards me and I felt like this might be it. The hope was suddenly crushed though, because when she went into detail she said the she didn't want me to get romantic feels for her, when she knew she wouldn't return such favors. Now, for the last 3-4 days, I've had horrible sleep patterns, a feel of emptiness and general exhaustion, because she made me happy. Every chat message she sent, every snapchat message she sent me got my hopes up. And to top it of, when she said this, I was hearing my favorite song. (It's norwegian but the english lyrics translate to : "And when I wake up, I'm woken every morning of a black deprivation". The song is "Markedet bestemmer" by a Western Norwegian band named Kaizers Orchestra)
    Now I listen to this, every time, on repeat often many times before I fell asleep for these days, and then ending up waking up because of a dream with her in it, around 5.am every morning since she confessed. I didn't cry, I just felt like every part of my facade just crumbled into a huge pit of mixed feelings.

So yeah, that's been my whole week. It feels good to tell someone sometimes...

Edited:

Are you in the eastern part of the world? If so, happy birthday with 22nd of March. That is a great day because that's my birthday as well Have a nice day man! (If not, 21st is a great day too)
    Yep, its the 22nd. Happy birthday to you too!

In regards to your problem I'm sorry to hear about it - sucks but you'll move on in time. Just remember to be civil to her, it's not her fault and too many people in this thread post shitloads of abuse at girls who have rejected them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #832
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,951 Posts
    Just a way some people deal with it I guess..

I remember I wanted too once, but we just talked shit through and ended it nicelly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #833
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    39,999 Posts
    It's my birthday

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #834
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,745 Posts
    so kawaii u baka gaijins wld nt undrstand uguu~

I didn't get a turntable yet though so im sad

but my girlfriend took me to a pizza dinner last night then we went to her house to meet her new puppy

her family are literally awful at dogs in a hilarious way, its name is interchangeably 'bambi' or 'babygirl' and it has its own bed that was large enough that my girlfriend fell asleep in it when they first got it and it bites
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #835
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,963 Posts
    excellent, youve leveled up tpain ur now a lvl 3 socialite choose ur new skill

a. tremors - shake uncontrollably only in presence of pretty girls
    b. brainiac - 33% chance someone asks you for answer to homework question per week
    c. creyesis averted - now able to make eye contact with close friends (i wouldnt take this one u dont have a close friend yet)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #836
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    a does not seem like a good choice

is there a hidden bonus

37. Post #837
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,963 Posts
    yes

it is better than shaking uncontrollably in the presence of all girls

38. Post #838
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    39,999 Posts
    a does not seem like a good choice

is there a hidden bonus
    have you ever watched anime dudes who tremble and shake uncontrollably usually get all the anime princesses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #839
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,745 Posts
    But that's because of their tortured past, not because they suck at the ladies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #840
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,293 Posts
    So I've got this guy in my course that has all the indications of being in a serious depression or with some kind of mental disability.

When you first look at him, you take him as a normal guy, about 28/30 years old, already with some white hairs on his head, untill during class you start noticing he has some wacky crazy interventions during class.

Like interrupting mid class to ask the professor's random crazy shit that is received by class with both giggles and confusion.

At first, one may think that he's just some arrogant idiot that thinks he's the center of the world but the more you look at him, the more you know he needs help and that he isn't right.

So now some guys in my college's cafeteria made a film (which I'm not going to show you in respect for the person in question) in which he appears sitting alone eating lunch, and when a colleague tried to sit next to him, he throws a cafeteria knife on the table on his direction.
    This was clearly a sign that there is something seriously wrong with the person in question.

However, since everyone finds this funny, the video went viral and it's now published on my degree's facebook page for everyone to see and comment, and the nature of the comments is barbaric, since everyone's making fun and teasing the guy.

I don't agree with this, I mean, sure the video is funny, I confess, but from there to publishing it, goes a long way. I never thought I'd see cyber bullying in university but here it is.

Also when I commented there trying to make them see how unwise it was to make fun of him in public, they started making fun of me, so I quickly removed all my comments.

I'm taking action towards this. I'm mailing the degree's regent about this but I don't know if that's the right person to talk to about this.

He's clearly not right in the head and needs mental help. If he sees this it may cause more damage than it's worth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)