December 2005
    5,321 Posts

2. Post #4562
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    nice, the resistance is once of my all time favorite albums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4563
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    1,720 Posts

Got a new monitor, need a new desk though so I can find a way to hide those wires...

4. Post #4564
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,490 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #4565
    Dennab
    July 2007
    1,197 Posts
    Can someone recommend me a desk for my computer I have always used shitty wobbly ass things and I think its time to buy a proper desk what would be a good one that is just a plane wood top metal legs rectangle desk with no shelves or keyboard trays that is really sturdy and able to support dual 24inch monitors

6. Post #4566
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    611 Posts
    Here's a little update with some new gear and some less gear, my gustard H10 is kaput so I got a cute little Project Polaris.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

7. Post #4567
    January 2005
    59 Posts
    My little corner.

8. Post #4568
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,832 Posts
    My little corner.
    really fuckin' love this aesthetic you've got going.

Just moved into my new place today, no dust on anything, unintentionally have everything black. Bring on the dust.

9. Post #4569
    May 2013
    1,586 Posts
    Built a new PC based around an i7 6700k and a GTX 1080 Strix (with another on order)

Case is a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv tempered glass version.

The 'box' stand will be replaced with a custom stand in keeping with my DIY desk.
    Would you mind telling me what desk you're using? I really love it but I haven't been able to identify it from any of your photos. Did you build it entirely yourself, hence the DIY label?

10. Post #4570
    August 2015
    27 Posts
    Would you mind telling me what desk you're using? I really love it but I haven't been able to identify it from any of your photos. Did you build it entirely yourself, hence the DIY label?
    Thank you. The original desk is made by Trexus and started life as one of these:

I built some front and side sections for it out of MDF and spray painted them. The main surfaces were covered in blackboard vinyl - pretty durable.

The shelf for the monitor has the adjustable height / tilt stand built into it, primarily to save space:

Update ...

Nearly done with everything now. I still need to hide the cabling underneath the desk.

Almost done with the rig as well aside from a custom PSU sticker and a touch mopre lighting.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4571
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts

The beast is in, notice how small the TV looks. TV is 50 inch and the monitor is 27 inch
    What behemoth of desk this is ? Custom made ?

12. Post #4572
    May 2013
    1,586 Posts
    Thank you. The original desk is made by Trexus and started life as one of these:

Great, thanks a ton! Looking forward to seeing the final setup with cable management.

13. Post #4573
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    1,252 Posts
    shit camera

14. Post #4574
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,495 Posts
    What behemoth of desk this is ? Custom made ?
    Yup, Was custom made for the CEO of some company.

15. Post #4575
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,344 Posts
    Just redid my "office". This is what it looked like before:

This is as of today. The LED light looks way brighter than it is. It's much more cosy IRL.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4576
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    11,911 Posts
    I have too many computers for my own good

no one man should have all that power
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4577
    January 2005
    59 Posts
    ZombieDawgs posted:
    really fuckin' love this aesthetic you've got going.
    Thanks! Really like the simplicity of your desk. All the music gear is great, but sometimes I really wish that I could manage with something that didn't take that much space.

18. Post #4578
    Grammar Nazi General
    April 2009
    2,030 Posts
    shit camera
    Sublime text with material theme?

Also, this thread was started before I graduated from high school. HOW LONG WAS I GONE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4579
    Dennab
    September 2016
    84 Posts
    Not to brag or anything...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #4580
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,075 Posts

Ikea Linnmon table with Adils legs. As cheap as it gets. 0 cable management because I'm a virgin.

The piano box keeps the desk from rubbing against the wall and keeps the legs sturdier this way.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

21. Post #4581
    August 2015
    27 Posts
    Managed to get the lighting linked up over the weekend. The colour's not to everyone's taste I'm sure:

Also worked on the cabling which is now encapsulated in white trunking attached to the skirting board.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #4582
    Dennab
    November 2007
    1,009 Posts
    A bit of a prototype right now, really need something thicker than 18mm. Unless I bother making a proper frame

Edited:

The 18x600x2000 board was 25eurodollars and legs were from old desk so not much spent on it.

Edited:

Really need to get rid of the legs and make some kind of frame because I hate wiggly desks

23. Post #4583
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts

24. Post #4584
    Grammar Nazi General
    April 2009
    2,030 Posts
    That seating position can't be good for your eyesight

25. Post #4585
    Dennab
    July 2012
    5,027 Posts
    That's the best mousepad I've ever seen

26. Post #4586
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    That seating position can't be good for your eyesight
    I actually lean pretty far back so it's not that big of an issue. Never seemed like that big of an issue to me.

Edited:

That's the best mousepad I've ever seen
    Glorious PC Gaming Race mousepad, look it up on amazon. It is great and the extra space is great cause I play at a very low sensitivity in CSGO and other games.

27. Post #4587
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    3,337 Posts
    What RGB LED's do you guys recommend for lighting up your rooms?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #4588
    Cars, Dragons and Dildos. ~oh my~
    September 2008
    311 Posts
    Same desk, new arrangement. I have about 3" until it hits the door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #4589
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    that's a nice desk. what model is it, assuming you didn't make it?

30. Post #4590
    September 2008
    311 Posts
    Just some cheap ikea linnmon table tops and some sort of storage cabinets that they don't seem to make anymore.

31. Post #4591
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,684 Posts
    Is that a seat from a car bolted to some wood which is in turn bolted to the swivel mount of a regular desk chair

Edited:

And.. a Vin Diesel collage feat. Vin Diesel as the Mona Lisa???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #4592
    September 2008
    311 Posts
    Yeah pretty much, it's a seat out of a '88 toyota celica that I got for $40 out of a junkyard and everything else was free, it's super comfortable.

The Vin Diesel collage was part of a present that I got one year from a special someone, I couldn't just throw it away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #4593
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,344 Posts
    Is that the AutoArt 1:18 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R in Midnight Purple?

34. Post #4594
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    8,921 Posts
    Just got myself a second monitor.

My desk really lacks personality.

35. Post #4595
    July 2014
    736 Posts
    Are you ready for the new Riddick movie in 2017?

36. Post #4596
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,075 Posts
    Just got myself a second monitor.

My desk really lacks personality.
    Organization is attractive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #4597
    September 2008
    311 Posts
    Late replies but whatever.
    Are you ready for the new Riddick movie in 2017?
    I should really watch more Vin Diesel movies, and the Riddick series is on my list, but Vin is special to me because of watching the FNF movies at a fairly young age.

Is that the AutoArt 1:18 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R in Midnight Purple?
    It absolutely is. One of my favorite skylines in my favorite color they produced.

38. Post #4598
    February 2009
    354 Posts

Just moved my desk into a different room and have my Vive setup directly behind me with a 10x10 ft space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #4599
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,284 Posts

Old pic, but literally nothings changed other than I repaired my 22" LCD and put it where the left one is, got a 22" CRT for the arcade cabinet and made a new wallpaper.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #4600
    Dennab
    July 2012
    5,027 Posts
    There are so many things to point out...
    Windows Vista, the trophy case of Duke memorabilia, the autographed Arnold, the dual monitors sitting on a cardboard box, the luxury gaming chair, the simple fact that you own an arcade cabinet, and a hidden bong, to name a few.
    Great desk. 10/10.