1. Post #1161
    Not that bad of a seed
    Dennab
    January 2011
    9,145 Posts
    Neotokyo, they updated recently and replaced one of the older gun models with that AR-15 thing.
    Looks like an LR-300 with some type of piston-operation, sort of like a Galil's. That being said, nice bodygroups/texturegroups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    I'd not really thought about it, but yeah it does kind of look like an LR-300.

I'm going to update the old version of it too, since they changed the type of gun it's based off and i kind of preferred it before they changed it

suitcase gnu:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1163
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    July 2009
    8,026 Posts
    DUN DUN

DUN DUN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #1164
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    8,150 Posts
    revamped Max payne 1 max payne?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #1165
    January 2005
    191 Posts
    Resident Evil Revelations time

Can't get normals to extract properly, no bones, hair mesh is bunk, but success otherwise
    edit: think i got the normals working, channels were just mixed around

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

6. Post #1166
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,298 Posts
    Resident Evil Revelations time

Can't get normals to extract properly, no bones, hair mesh is bunk, but success otherwise
    edit: think i got the normals working, channels were just mixed around

Oh wow you beat me to it

Any chance I could have the mesh data for l4d survivors

-EDIT-
    Normals fixed

-EDIT2-
    Wait never mind I got them too however need to fix a lot of shit

Also arms are missing couldn't find them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1167
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts

Most of the Neotokyo explosives updated now. Nothing really groundbreaking since it's mostly just texture updates but i made parts compatible with the joint tool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

8. Post #1168
    January 2005
    191 Posts
    Starting to wrap my head around collision models. Just want to clean up the materials, get the skin groups in order, and the unsc weapons should be set

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1169
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts

Suit's all set up in Max, and I followed the MarioKart tutorial for rigging and porting to Source. Unfortunately, I messed up something / keep missing a step, and only the face + eyelash textures work.

Also, It moves like stiff rubber in Gmod.

For anyone wondering, it's the Female Ninja outfit for Dark Souls. I added Rosa's face to it (Dead Rising 2, bloocobalt ripped that one.) because I didn't get any default Dark Souls heads with the model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #1170
    February 2011
    768 Posts
    looks good man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #1171
    May 2013
    81 Posts

Me and my friend are working this dude and we have a problem, How can i seperate the VMT for the surcoat? Since the arm and body are one VMT that means when i use a metal type phong they both are affected. Can someone assist me? he looks like a metal statue haha xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1172
    May 2007
    1,675 Posts

Me and my friend are working this dude and we have a problem, How can i seperate the VMT for the surcoat? Since the arm and body are one VMT that means when i use a metal type phong they both are affected. Can someone assist me? he looks like a metal statue haha xD
    I had always copied the texture and renamed it something else when I'm applying the textures in max, applied it how I wanted, then set up two vmt's that used the same vtfs with different parameters. Though I guess it'd be easier to set up a phong exponent map, but every time I somehow manage to fail horribly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts

Try adding a specular / envmap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #1174
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,023 Posts
    Thanks to Ninja-Nub's awesome faceposing efforts, we have some faceposable BSAA guys now.

And test pose by -Rusty-

About done, just need to get the other named RE6 guys faceposed + headhack RE6 Chris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1175
    May 2013
    81 Posts
    Try adding a specular / envmap?
    how would i do that?

16. Post #1176
    February 2011
    768 Posts
    looking great bloo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,066 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1178
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts

Now all the Neotokyo guns are done [SUB]again[/SUB] so i can stop posting updates twice every page

Release coming soon, providing i don't find any massive bugs or discover i forgot something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

19. Post #1179
    ­­­
    Dennab
    September 2012
    2,199 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,914 Posts
    So, its not as cool as the other stuff in here, but I did my first headhack with faceposing, and when I went in-game to test it, this happened:

Does anyone know why? My bad if this isn't the right thread to ask.

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,815 Posts
    You're just missing the bumpmap. Make sure it's in the folder the VMT is looking in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #1182
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,914 Posts
    You're just missing the bumpmap. Make sure it's in the folder the VMT is looking in.
    Ah, thank you. I'm new to this stuff, so I didn't know.

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts
    how would i do that?
    Duplicate the current texture file, make sure it's 100% B/W. Then what you'll want to do is make certain parts lighter than others. The lighter ones will be shinier then the dark ones.

To test it, make a line in the vmt that says $envmap "(Name of file here)" You would probably want to add _s to the end just to help you remember that it's the Specular map.

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,253 Posts
    guys how the fuck do i fix broken $ikchains or IK rules or what the fuck ever

my antlion guard replacement's forelimbs can't find the ground even tho it has $ikchains set up 100% properly and phys and hit boxes for its foot bones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

25. Post #1185
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,711 Posts
    it begins

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

26. Post #1186
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,189 Posts
    There's something really off about these boots...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,711 Posts
    There's something really off about these boots...
    Probably that they're currently untextured black blobs

Edit: gotta love rigging

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 9Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1188
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,107 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 13Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,078 Posts
    mm delicious

30. Post #1190
    ­­­
    Dennab
    September 2012
    2,199 Posts

i made a thing from some things and i need to rig it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #1191
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,083 Posts
    Duplicate the current texture file, make sure it's 100% B/W. Then what you'll want to do is make certain parts lighter than others. The lighter ones will be shinier then the dark ones.

To test it, make a line in the vmt that says $envmap "(Name of file here)" You would probably want to add _s to the end just to help you remember that it's the Specular map.
    You're describing the phong exponent map, not the specular. The specular works as you described it, but generally has to be inside of the alpha channel of the normal or something else.

This generally also applies to envapmasks (which is set with the envapmask command)

The seperate texture on the other hand essentially controls the highlights of the shine. The more white, the tighter it is, the blacker the softer and more spread out.

Think of it as the difference between shiny rubber and shiny metal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts
    Oh, that's how it works in Source? I just do that for standard modelling in Maya. Thought the same would apply here too.

Edited:

I have an issue: The model in Gmod has no back-face culling. Is there a line in the vmt that changes that?

33. Post #1193
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    July 2009
    8,026 Posts
    Try $nocull
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1194
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts
    Just found that option from This Link.

35. Post #1195
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,083 Posts
    Oh, that's how it works in Source? I just do that for standard modelling in Maya. Thought the same would apply here too.

Edited:

I have an issue: The model in Gmod has no back-face culling. Is there a line in the vmt that changes that?
    Yeah soruce has a relative complex phong shader overall.

Phongmask (the specular)
    Phongexponentmask - which essentially defines a lot of stuff for phong overall. Green channel is the scale of albedo tinting - white full tint, black zero tint. And red is esentially how tight it is.

There's a lot of other specific phong commands as well, from phongwarptexture, to phongfresnelranges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

36. Post #1196
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts
    Model works.

Bones should be fine

Phymodel has no issues

But nothing happens in Gmod. It says I spawned something, but I can't interact with it and I can't see it.

37. Post #1197
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,495 Posts
    Any errors in the console?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #1198
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts
    Nothing.

39. Post #1199
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,815 Posts
    Does anything interesting happen when you switch to the Physics tab in HLMV?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

40. Post #1200
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,985 Posts
    Nope. It just starts highlighting the different sections of bones that have collisions on them.