1. Post #2881
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    12,178 Posts
    I see them going possibly younger than those two.

Honestly it's annoyed me how quickly Peter has grown up in the movies so far. I'd rather have 2-3 films with him in school before he ages up. They need to get somebody 18-21 who looks younger. An unknown.

There's people on Twitter ranting that Spider-Man should "never be in school" and "it's a story that's never been told before for a reason". People arguing he's "Spiderman not spider boy". What? Have they ever read a Spidey comic or cartoon before announcing they're massive fans?

These fucking people know nothing about Spider-man. Social media gives idiots a voice.

EDIT:

Yes Peter was older in the Civil War but I always enjoyed watching him grow up. I'd rather them just have him younger for this version of Civil War than lose that quality.

Edited:

Hugh Jackman doesn't think they'll get Wolverine in the MCU while he's still playing the role.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #2882
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,885 Posts
    Is it confirmed that Ultron is made from Chitauri technology?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2883
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,793 Posts
    Rumour has it that Logan Lerman (Perks of Being a Wallflower) will be playing Peter.
    But he looks like an 11 year old
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #2884
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,441 Posts
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/de...es-1201429039/

The studio is still moving forward with the Spider-Man villain-centric “Sinister Six,” and “Venom” spinoff, as well as a film that features female characters in the “Spider-Man” universe. “The Amazing Spider-Man 3″ has been cancelled. While Marvel’s Kevin Feige is involved with Sony’s new “Spider-Man” films, he is currently not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs, sources say.
    noooooooooo

Hopefully Sony comes crying to Feige immediately after their first bomb again, otherwise a string of horrible spin off films will become canon in the MCU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2885
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,829 Posts

noooooooooo

Hopefully Sony comes crying to Feige immediately after their first bomb again, otherwise a string of horrible spin off films will become canon in the MCU.
    In my mind those films aren't canon until they are specifically referenced by something that actually goes through Marvel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #2886
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts

noooooooooo

they should skip the venom movie and focus on sinister six, but make no relation to the asm movies

and logan lerman would be a good choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #2887
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,441 Posts
    In my mind those films aren't canon until they are specifically referenced by something that actually goes through Marvel.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tried to get a major character from the Avengers to appear in their first spin offs to try to attract Marvel fans.

8. Post #2888
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,085 Posts
    I actually don't mind either of these being Spider man. Lerman is probably more likely, but O'Brien has some good acting skills for being a kid who just did weird youtube videos before he got hired by MTV for his first job.

(O'Brien also does the smart/snarky comments pretty well)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #2889
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    10,172 Posts
    I think O'Brien would be the better choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #2890
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,829 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tried to get a major character from the Avengers to appear in their first spin offs to try to attract Marvel fans.
    Marvel will not let that happen without having some say on that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #2891
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,374 Posts

noooooooooo

pls throw all of it to the trash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #2892
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,230 Posts
    Agent Venom, Spider-Woman, Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
    There's your symbiote, female lead, and Sinister Six movies.
    Do those.

13. Post #2893
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    Do those.
    Spider-Woman is Marvel Studios, and other than having Spider- in the name, has nothing to do with Spider-Man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2894
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,845 Posts
    I'm fine with either choice really.
    Now if we're talking about eventually casting a Norman Osborn then this is the one we need.

Do those.
    Agent Venom is probably my favorite part of current Spidey mythos(except the part were he's a member of the GotG) but we really need to have a good Eddie Brock Venom first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #2895
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,501 Posts
    You know, that's the first time I've ever seen a man who properly represents the weird bristly-headed Jack Kirby Norman Osborn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #2896
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    How much does that Ultron cost?
    Sideshow have it for $374.99
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #2897
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,441 Posts
    I don't understand why some people still think that Marvel Studios will have very minimal control over future Spiderman films. It would seem out of character for them to agree to such a deal without heavy involvement on their part, not to mention how Sony is in a much more desperate situation creatively than they are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #2898
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,687 Posts
    because sony has shown how unenthusiastic they are about such an option?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #2899
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,441 Posts
    Yep, so unenthusiastic that they agreed to this deal. And Feige cares so little about the MCU that he's completely fine with a few potentially horrible solo Spiderman films mucking it up. /s

All the recent news with Sony and whatnot have indicated that they've been scrambling all over the place to find a good way to breathe life into the franchise. With TASM 2 being the lowest grossing film of Sony's Spiderman franchise Sony simply isn't generating enough revenue to justify complete control over the character. For Sony enthusiasm matters little at this point compared to profit, and I can't see them saying, "kthx for the free publicity Feige, now you and your acclaimed team go sit in the corner while we do our thing." And given how anal Marvel Studios tends to be over every aspect of their controlled/shared properties I can't imagine Feige complying to such a request either.

Sony's now in a situation where another trainwreck film for the character screws over Marvel Studios as well as themselves, potentially damaging their relations. Playing it safe by actually considering the input from Feige and his team is the best and most likely option for them right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #2900
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

21. Post #2901
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,845 Posts
    I can see it, especially if they are going for a younger Peter, which would be good since every one else is currently in the mid 30's to late 40's range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #2902
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,230 Posts
    Logan Lermonade seems like a fine choice.
    He's definitely got the look down.

23. Post #2903
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,988 Posts
    Nahhhh, give Norman Osborne to Michael Keston. His recent comeback and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #2904
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,347 Posts
    I'm fine with either choice really.
    Now if we're talking about eventually casting a Norman Osborn then this is the one we need.
    and I just found who will play as Harry Osborn.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 18Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #2905
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,885 Posts
    Everyone was telling me "no no, Ultron is human technology, earth has really proven itself" I was hoping Ultron was iteration of Jarvis mixed with a Hydra computer virus, possibly recovered parts of Zola's electronic brain, but of course as I predicted; Alien.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #2906
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    Everyone was telling me "no no, Ultron is human technology, earth has really proven itself" I was hoping Ultron was iteration of Jarvis mixed with a Hydra computer virus, possibly recovered parts of Zola's electronic brain, but of course as I predicted; Alien.
    Ultron has nothing alien in him, he was created as an extension of the Iron Legion from the end of Iron Man 3, by Tony.

Both the alien thing, and the HYDRA idea completely miss the point of Ultron.

Where is this alien idea coming from?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #2907
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,533 Posts
    Where is this alien idea coming from?
    There have been several interviews saying that he has some alien components in him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #2908
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    There have been several interviews saying that he has some alien components in him.
    [citation needed]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #2909
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    12,178 Posts
    I imagine the alien is probably Chitari weaponry or shit. I imagine most of it is Stark.

Samuel L Jackson has revealed he has 2 Marvel films left in his contract unless they extend it. Which he admits he would be open to doing.

I hope those 2 are Civil War and Spiderman.

I really want Nick Fury on screen with Spidey, their relationship in cartoons and comcis was great to watch. I guess it would look like this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #2910
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,533 Posts
    [citation needed]
    Here is it where first surfaced:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...mputer-Program

I will try to find the interview they confirmed it later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #2911
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,266 Posts
    I don't know if you guys knew it, but they released the character posters online and immediately pulled it back.

But you can still find a few on google, if you set the time on "last week".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

32. Post #2912
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    Here is it where first surfaced:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...mputer-Program

I will try to find the interview they confirmed it later.
    "as a simple computer program hidden among the ruins of the Chitauri invasion"

At no point does it ever say he was alien, just that he was found in New York after the Chitauri invasion.

The whole alien thing is news outlets misinterpreting a single quote from a bio on a toy packaging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2913
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,793 Posts
    Wouldn't mind if some of his hardware is from aliens, but it feels kind of cheap to make some of his programming from it. Then it can be said "it's not Stark's fault" in the long run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #2914
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    but it is still somewhat stark's fault since it's jarvis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2915
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,093 Posts
    but it is still somewhat stark's fault since it's jarvis.
    ??? are you thinking of    vision    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #2916
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    oh, yeah. my bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

37. Post #2917
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    All the LEGO figures from the Age of Ultron sets

Some spoilers.

And before anyone brings up this in regards to LEGO's accuracy to films, both figures included did appear in Iron Man 3, and its the figures we're talking about here. LEGO have never included a figure in the movie lines that don't appear in the films in someway.

Also,   Ultimate Ultron has Kirby dots in is mouth.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #2918
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    the only part of that mandarin that's film-accurate is the head

also i hope the new game isn't just based around avengers and aou, it should really incorporate the entire mcu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2919
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,638 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #2920
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,845 Posts
       Fuck yes, suited up Pym!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)