1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Well it's a New Year, so what better reason to make another album?

I went on a search for the old threads to get some of the rules but they seem to have turned to dust, so here are a couple of base rules for the time being.

1) Your track must be an original track and must be a track that has not previously been released.

2) Try to make your track sound as good as possible, and make sure it's something you've taken time with and are happy with.

3) All genres are accepted!

4) If your track has been finished and you are confident that it will be the final edit, export the file as a .wav file, name the file 'Artist name - Track name' and create a .txt file with anything that you wish to be posted as information when listeners click on your track, (Ex: Track description, genre, crowd praise, Soundcloud/youtube/bandcamp/myspace links) put them both in a single .zip/.rar and send it to me through PM via Dropbox It will be much easier to keep track of everything this way.

Chances are I'll be busy with college so I might not be able to get back on the thread as much as I'd like, but if anyone has questions feel free to PM me and if it pertains to the rules I will drop them in the OP.

So if you'd like to join in, leave a post and I'll make a list as people join in.

Here is the bandcamp site: http://facepunchcollaborative.bandcamp.com/

Tentative deadline: March 1, 2013

If you are not able to make your own tune but would like to contribute in some way, post what you are good at and are available to do and maybe someone will work out a collaboration with you.
    Available for track collaborations:
    Super_Nova (rock/blues vocals)
    nnoah95 (guitar)
    innerfire69 (bass)

Current entrants: (Underlined users have PM'd me with all required files/info)
    Hakita
    Schmoe22
    UnknownDude
    Skeeter
    Killa101
    CLungcancer
    rovar
    T.F.W.O.
    kraed
    killerteacup
    Glitchman
    TuLiq
    Andokool12
    Rich209
    Dead Madman
    Bytecry
    Yur|ko
    duckboy38
    nnoah95
    thisispain
    Hullu V3
    jimmyrobot
    luverofJ!93
    deggie
    TRLEChippers
    Eyefunk
    Reflectent
    AK'z
    HazeFyre23
    Super_Noodle
    kitteh-nator
    bull04
    Rediscover
    ScreamingGerbil
    xZombine
    Mr Nagasaki
    Brod Ster
    lawlavex
    Martele
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    17,964 Posts
    1) Your track must be an original track and must be made specifically for this album. (Not something that was made previously)
    I thought that old songs were allowed before.

Anyways, if I'm not the only person here, I'll be contributing a song.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Well if everyone would prefer that, it can be discussed. Once we get a few people on board we can discuss a deadline as well.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    825 Posts
    I'd love to contribute, but whether I can write something new will depend on the deadline, and I definitely can't write something just for the album. Still, either way, good to have the collab back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Okay I reworded it, how does "must be a track that has not previously been released" sound?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    825 Posts
    Okay I reworded it, how does "must be a track that has not previously been released" sound?
    Works for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,642 Posts
    Can I upload a song I released a week ago?
    It isn't that old, and only like 20 people have listened to it.
    It's this one https://soundcloud.com/brotherworks/keyboard-blues

I really wanted to use this for a new collaborative album, but I didn't know that were would be restrictions on old songs, since it used to be fine to submit previously released songs as long as you remastered them to a lossless format.
    If I knew that there would be a rule like that, I would have waited with releasing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    4,355 Posts
    Well, if you just remove that there link, I'll pretend I never saw it, and it's like you never released it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9

December 2011
    1,024 Posts
    Awesome! I'm in

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Can I upload a song I released a week ago?
    It isn't that old, and only like 20 people have listened to it.
    It's this one https://soundcloud.com/brotherworks/keyboard-blues

I really wanted to use this for a new collaborative album, but I didn't know that were would be restrictions on old songs, since it used to be fine to submit previously released songs as long as you remastered them to a lossless format.
    If I knew that there would be a rule like that, I would have waited with releasing it.
    Yeah sure.

Also what do you guys think about end of March 1 for a deadline?

11. Post #11

December 2011
    1,024 Posts
    Sounds like a really good deadline to me!

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,291 Posts
    Sounds great, count me in!

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,512 Posts
    I'll be placing a song in this, it sounds awesome. (:

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,355 Posts
    I am down! Also, I think we are on 9 not 8.

I will make music and submit ideas for album art!

15. Post #15
    April 2010
    130 Posts
    Would love to have a spot!!

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,744 Posts
    I might

or I might not

I'll see if I can cobble something together before the deadline

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    17,964 Posts
    I am down! Also, I think we are on 9 not 8.

I will make music and submit ideas for album art!
    Indeed, this should be the 9th one, but for some reason the 8th one isn't on the Bandcamp site, so its easy for OP to make a mistake like that.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,161 Posts
    Although I'd like to contribute, all I can do it write lyrics for basically anything rock/blues, mainly Pearl Jam and Temple Of The Dog have been my main influences as of late. I can't record my vocals yet, because lack of funds and no microphone, but I probably can in the very near future. If anyone has any rock-like songs that need lyrics, just holler and I can try. Just putting my offer out there to anyone who might want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Indeed, this should be the 9th one, but for some reason the 8th one isn't on the Bandcamp site, so its easy for OP to make a mistake like that.
    Yeah that's why I figured it was v8

Although I'd like to contribute, all I can do it write lyrics for basically anything rock/blues, mainly Pearl Jam and Temple Of The Dog have been my main influences as of late. I can't record my vocals yet, because lack of funds and no microphone, but I probably can in the very near future. If anyone has any rock-like songs that need lyrics, just holler and I can try. Just putting my offer out there to anyone who might want it.
    I'll put a section for people who are looking to collaborate on a track.

20. Post #20
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    6,798 Posts
    I'll join in on this!

21. Post #21
    July 2007
    322 Posts
    YES! I need a reason to do something again, so I'm so in.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,850 Posts
    Arr I be in

Edited:

Woah what happened to the 8th?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Well it's not on the page, not hidden or anything so it's gone i'm afraid. Unless the host of the 8th collab has any different to say

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,448 Posts
    Sign me up!

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,850 Posts
    I hope it wasn't a "I'm gonna quietly remove it because it didn't get the attention I expected" deal, because that was (of course) the effort of many people, not the personal project of whoever removed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    825 Posts
    I hope it wasn't a "I'm gonna quietly remove it because it didn't get the attention I expected" deal, because that was (of course) the effort of many people, not the personal project of whoever removed it.
    Only myself, Pepin, and Gregah had access to the Bandcamp before killa. I didn't remove anything, and I don't think anyone else would have, so I don't know what happened.

Also, for submissions, do you want them sent directly to you? Or posted in the thread? Not submitting anything right now, just want to know.

27. Post #27
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    4,772 Posts
    I'm in C:

Just sent the track to killa

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,201 Posts
    I'd love to join this. Count me in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,045 Posts
    Only myself, Pepin, and Gregah had access to the Bandcamp before killa. I didn't remove anything, and I don't think anyone else would have, so I don't know what happened.

Also, for submissions, do you want them sent directly to you? Or posted in the thread? Not submitting anything right now, just want to know.
    I added another section to the OP (#4) which is how I would like final tracks to be submitted for uploading.

Though as far as posting WIPs in the thread for others to listen to then I have nothing against it. The only time I will listen to an entrants track is after it has been submitted to me through PM.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,512 Posts

You can find the song in the other thread, but I think I'm going to do something like this. (:
    Obviously sounding less rough but yeah.

31. Post #31
    December 2008
    4,772 Posts

You can find the song in the other thread, but I think I'm going to do something like this. (:
    Obviously sounding less rough but yeah.
    Nice vengeance guitar samples, I think the drum loops are vengeance too, srsly you're so innovative i dunno how u do it

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,512 Posts
    Guitar wasn't sampled from Veangence. If it is, I would like to know where. The trance synths aren't Veangence either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,550 Posts
    Count me in.

34. Post #34
    December 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Guitar wasn't sampled from Veangence. If it is, I would like to know where. The trance synths aren't Veangence either.
    The trance synths were the only things from vengeance, I'm sorry pal, the guitar loop is from vengeance, if you can prove that they aren't then I apologize

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,512 Posts
    I only assumed it wasn't because I do have a VE folder pack for Vengenace only stuff. I have a folder with random stuff which just had "Nylon Guitar Loop C#", then I took the Massive patches and synths out of my Trance IASP folder. Didn't realize they were Vengeance. ):
    Lame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2011
    1 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziYVT_e5M8A
    Check this out and tell me what you think!

37. Post #37
    December 2008
    4,772 Posts
    I only assumed it wasn't because I do have a VE folder pack for Vengenace only stuff. I have a folder with random stuff which just had "Nylon Guitar Loop C#", then I took the Massive patches and synths out of my Trance IASP folder. Didn't realize they were Vengeance. ):
    Lame.
    The nylon guitar loops are from VEH2 if I recall correctly I may be wrong though

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,716 Posts
    Nice vengeance guitar samples, I think the drum loops are vengeance too, srsly you're so innovative i dunno how u do it
    Dude, no need to bash him anyway. instead of being a sarcastic dick you could have just told him that he used some really obvious loops and that he might want to modify them a little. lots of famous producers use really obvious samples. i mean i even heard a synth sample loop straight from vengeance electro in lady gaga's judas.

39. Post #39
    December 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Dude, no need to bash him anyway. instead of being a sarcastic dick you could have just told him that he used some really obvious loops and that he might want to modify them a little. lots of famous producers use really obvious samples. i mean i even heard a synth sample loop straight from vengeance electro in lady gaga's judas.
    Yeah but most electro producers knew when Gaga did it, and she got alot of flak for it. I apologize for coming across as a bit of a fuckwit, it was late when I posted and I'm usually a totaly wanktit at that time

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,512 Posts
    It's all cool. Dead Madman has given me constructive advice in the past about music I've made from scratch, and music I've made with loops. So I can say he's a cool guy, regardless.

I'll be sure to change those and throw them into the proper folders. I need to reorganize them I guess, because I found Sylenth, Massive, and Zeta patches thrown everywhere. It was good for Madman to tell me, otherwise I would have used them in a future without knowing thinking I wasn't using Vengeance samples.

I want to come off as a respectable music producer, not someone who just relies on loops or something, so I do appreciate it when someone tells me something like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)