1. Post #441
    Dennab
    June 2007
    3,719 Posts
    So University Life comes out today in North America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    Dennab
    March 2011
    2,257 Posts
    i remember when i played the sims 3 (the first and only time) i just ran around using boolprop testingcheatsenabled to kill people in the neighbourhood with industrial aplomb until the game crashed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,267 Posts
    the first time i played sims 3 i spent like an hour making a family and then i was like "well fuck, now what?" so i quit

Edited:

it was a family of fat gingers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,988 Posts
    Is sims 3 on DS any good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #445
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,856 Posts
    meeeh.

6. Post #446
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    February 2006
    22,178 Posts
    anyone buy university yet and wanna give a first glimpse at the game?

i hope lgr puts out something soon.

Edited:

oh hey lgr uploaded a video less than a minute ago saying that the review will be done soon.

sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #447
    April 2011
    652 Posts
    I wish there was a mod which created a burglar like event but he tries to kill your sim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #448
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,527 Posts
    My save is getting really creepy. My female sim is getting about 50 love letters a day and also getting free stuff from them. Then I have paparazzi taking pictures of her in her sleep.

Also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts

how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    ?
    January 2006
    5,167 Posts
    The 3DS Pets version is pretty good, though it's still nowhere near the level of the PC versions.

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    10,267 Posts
    Some of the stuff introduced in Univeristy is kind of.. overpowered I guess? Maybe easy is a better word.

Gaining ranks in those new social groups is ridiculously easy, for example to join the nerds all your Sim has to do is play video games, and I mean any video game, apparently playing FIFA for 3 hours makes you the nerdiest mother fucker on the planet, each rank gives you stuff like new social interactions and a new trait.

The new play games online feature for the video consoles is crazy, your Sims can become best friends with complete strangers after only an hour or two of online play.

12. Post #452
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,320 Posts
    Some of the stuff introduced in Univeristy is kind of.. overpowered I guess? Maybe easy is a better word.

Gaining ranks in those new social groups is ridiculously easy, for example to join the nerds all your Sim has to do is play video games, and I mean any video game, apparently playing FIFA for 3 hours makes you the nerdiest mother fucker on the planet, each rank gives you stuff like new social interactions and a new trait.

The new play games online feature for the video consoles is crazy, your Sims can become best friends with complete strangers after only an hour or two of online play.
    I played EA's Bejewled for the past five hours and I just been invited to join NASA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,003 Posts
    damn, sounds like I need to get myself University.

Edited:

I remember when I first got this game years ago, I was fascinated by how you can have Sims simulate outside the active family, I evicted half the Neighborhood and made a bunch of families and played one for a generation then went out into town to see what they got up to.

I can't remember anything amusing or interesting.

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,103 Posts
    Does anyone know if The Sims 3 is any good on mobile devices.

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,003 Posts
    How long has that blueprint feature been in build mode? I only juts noticed it yesterday.

16. Post #456
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,347 Posts
    How long has that blueprint feature been in build mode? I only juts noticed it yesterday.
    Think it was added with the patch that coincided with Supernatural.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #457
    September 2011
    1,822 Posts
    Has anyone got the university expansion yet?

18. Post #458
    ?
    January 2006
    5,167 Posts
    University Life review
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,349 Posts
    Man, I love LGR's reviews.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

20. Post #460
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    23,002 Posts
    Man, I love LGR's reviews.
    I think he sounds too much like a robot but the reviews are great.

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,369 Posts
    I don't understand how he sounds like a robot, but I do agree that his reviews are indeed great.

22. Post #462
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,261 Posts
    University Life review
    The part when he introduced the rebels got me good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #463
    Dennab
    June 2007
    3,719 Posts
    I think he sounds kind of like a combination of Mike Shapiro and (fittingly) Jon St. John.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #464
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,558 Posts
    Made Mortem3r and Pewdie in Sims3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    🚿💩🚿 just do it in the shower and stomp it down the drain asd 🚿💩🚿
    September 2008
    3,711 Posts
    So, I recently re-installed Sims 3.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #466
    February 2005
    23,002 Posts
    I don't know what changed but God damn is loading a million times better now.

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,003 Posts
    So I was making a sim yesterday and the random one it made for me when Hit create household looked like a young Wayne Brady, sadly the game crashed before I could save.

Edited:

oh wait, he saved to the household tray, it was the town that didn't save.

Edited:

Wayne Brady broke, all he wants to do is swim, will cancel everything else, even after I deleted the pool. I've even told the game in options to disable Autonomy for selected sim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #468
    February 2005
    23,002 Posts
    I don't know what happened but none of my mods work now. The main Nraas Story Progression mod isn't loading, as are a ton of others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #469
    🚿💩🚿 just do it in the shower and stomp it down the drain asd 🚿💩🚿
    September 2008
    3,711 Posts
    What the hell am I doing.

My game was lagging so hard because of all of this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts

this is the same sim that stole the street light

since then, i have relied solely on stealing expensive things in the night to make a living for him

he has befriended the richest family, and goes over there occasionally to steal some of their shit

he has stolen 2 statues from the park, and 1 from the cemetery, along with countless cars

pictured above is that same sim, on his new racecar bed, making out with his wife-to-be

she used to be married, but her husband was murdered by being confined within a windowed 2x1 space after my sim threw a party

she's mine now, but now she's old, she might be next
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    The night after Jack made Susan Wainwright his girlfriend was the event.

Jack threw a party. Invited five people over. They had hot dogs, and the only place to sit down and eat them was on a chair in these cells in the basement. Upon entering, the chairs were removed, along with any entrance into the cells.

Jack likes these new windows. A lot. The next morning, he went to check-in on them. He ate waffles.

Waiting for the Sims in his basement to perish, Jack decided to go upstairs and upgrade his dishwasher. He broke it, instead. He tried to repair it, which shocked him. Not learning his lesson, he tried to repair it again.

He got shocked again. He crumbled to the floor and the Grim Reaper appeared.

Spawning outside the house, it took a second for the Grim Reaper to make it into the house. Here, Jack Foster died, with five Sims trapped in the basement of his now-vacant house.

Susan Wainwright, Jack's girlfriend, lost her husband at the hands of Jack, then lost Jack at the hands of the dishwasher. In Red Dead Redemption fashion, Susan will now live on Jack's legacy - and finish what he started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #472
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,172 Posts
    So I was wondering how I can make The Sims more fun.......Like I asked many times, also what is the Trait that allows you steal?

33. Post #473
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    638 Posts
    So I was wondering how I can make The Sims more fun.......Like I asked many times, also what is the Trait that allows you steal?
    Kleptomaniac, iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    January 2012
    1,303 Posts
    Which of all sims is the best?

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,902 Posts
    D
    In generations you can be terrorist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,972 Posts
    really want to buy seasons

hnnnnng
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #477
    March 2009
    20,261 Posts
    Kleptomaniac, iirc
    Why is this rated dumb? That's correct.

38. Post #478
    February 2005
    23,002 Posts
    really want to buy seasons

hnnnnng
    Wait for the Spring sale?

39. Post #479
    March 2009
    20,261 Posts
    I hate doing legacy families... I never want my old sims to go :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #480
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,972 Posts
    Everytime I open a sims thread I always end up downloading sims 3...

Also got Fibre Optic Internet last week and my download speed is fucking awesome, Used to take me like 6 hours to download a 5-6 GB game, now its 11 minutes.

yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Edited:

Wait for the Spring sale?
    nah probably buy it on amazon or something, I dont own the series on steam,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)