1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,672 Posts
    If Flaming Cliffs 3 supposedly re-works the physics for missiles, how does that affect the rest of the game? Do people with FC3 fire different (better or worse) missiles from everybody else, or is the missile upgrade a universal DCS World thing?

2. Post #442
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    8,009 Posts
    also while i'm at it and we're all asking questions; if you play in arcade mode or whatever, what are the buttons to get rid of the "simple mode" HUD data? for example when you go third person your two MFCDs are displayed; aircraft and missile tags are dispalyed, etc.

I want to let other people play with my amazing setup and I want them to get the "feel" of the game but I don't want them to have to learn a bunch of shit and I don't want them to see all of this extra annoying crap when they just want to see cool visuals
    no answers to this? i'd like to have one by tomorrow/saturday if possible. i can't believe i can't find anything about this on the ED forums or elsewhere

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,685 Posts
    no answers to this? i'd like to have one by tomorrow/saturday if possible. i can't believe i can't find anything about this on the ED forums or elsewhere
    I don't know if this will remove that stuff, but 2 x Ctrl+Y (I believe) removes the bar at the bottom of the screen in third person, so it might do the same for other HUD elements.

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,491 Posts
    Anyone know or have a good profile for an X52 pro. I recently reinstalled and used to have a good setup but thanks to all their updates n shit I have lost it and I don't think for the life of me I can be arsed to go through the whole setting up of it again (for A10C)

I've been looking around but they're all a few years old and I'm not sure if old setups will be compatible with any new changes that's been made for A10, also I have track IR so I wouldn't need any head movement controls in the profile.

Well nevermind, found my old profile and it still seems to work. After a year or so without playing I managed to fire the old bird up, take off and land, like riding a bike!

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,761 Posts
    Not DCS related but what other Combat Flight Sim thread is there? Been playing an Israeli campaign in BMS against Syria and Egypt, given the current real life state of things. I'm not sure if Iran becomes present in it or not. I know the USA joins in with aircraft carriers eventually if they're needed, though

6. Post #446
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    8,009 Posts
    hnngg that block 52

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,005 Posts
    DCS World might be coming to steam

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/

Wouldn't be surprising

8. Post #448
    March 2010
    1,561 Posts
    I believe we should play again soon. Would also be great if we could get some missions with other aircraft than just the A-10C.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,295 Posts
    these mission packs have A-10C/Ka-50/P-51D/CA/FC compatibility, unfortunately they havnt been updated in a while so some things have been broken by recent updates, iirc JTAC training doesnt work and it probably doesnt work during the regular missions either, i think the fix for that is just to change the radio JTAC operates on in the mission files.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71655
    http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68802

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,672 Posts
    I did a few training missions in A-10C the other night after digging out my X52 and wrapping it up in tape. Some of the rotaries on the throttle and the rudder on the stick are acting up as well. It reminded me how woefully under-equipped I feel whenever I play these things. Work completely spoiled me when it comes to playing flight sims at home.

I haven't played since, but I have a lot of learning to do before I can competently fly the A-10. It'll probably take me a week or so of playing to iron out a profile for the X52 like I had back when I played LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs.

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,451 Posts
    Wow so I finally got those registration confirmation and password reset emails... that were supposed to arrive on the 18th and 22nd..

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,368 Posts
    This, i would NEVER have figured the game to feature!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #453
    May 2010
    1,283 Posts
    I did a few training missions in A-10C the other night after digging out my X52 and wrapping it up in tape. Some of the rotaries on the throttle and the rudder on the stick are acting up as well. It reminded me how woefully under-equipped I feel whenever I play these things. Work completely spoiled me when it comes to playing flight sims at home.

I haven't played since, but I have a lot of learning to do before I can competently fly the A-10. It'll probably take me a week or so of playing to iron out a profile for the X52 like I had back when I played LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs.
    I should look around for a new X-52. I loved that stick. My ex-girlfriend's dog chewed through my cable (Which i hastily, and terribly patched back up with electric tape and twisting of wires) so now it can be kind of hit or miss on recognizing that it's got a Joystick connected to the USB port.
    I need to get some DCS and Il-2 back into my system.

14. Post #454
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,956 Posts
    This, i would NEVER have figured the game to feature!

What feature?

15. Post #455
    May 2010
    1,283 Posts
    What feature?
    I'm guessing the blacking out from lack of oxygen. But i wasn't sure myself.

16. Post #456
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,956 Posts
    Seems like a straightforward thing to have in a SIMULATOR of planes where you need to turn oxygen on.

17. Post #457
    May 2012
    1,738 Posts
    What feature?
    hypoxia

18. Post #458

October 2012
    60 Posts
    Anyone who wants to fly some missions some time? Im currently learning the A10-C.

19. Post #459
    Yeah, we haven't played for a while now. We should get a game on sooooon.

20. Post #460
    March 2010
    1,561 Posts
    Yes. I do agree. Like, soon. And I just realised that I won't be able to play at all next week. Yay.

21. Post #461
    I, however, will be available! Except on monday and wedensday. Maybe.

22. Post #462
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    6,965 Posts
    Game. Tonight. In next hour. Yes.
    ffffff

Click to join chat

23. Post #463
    March 2010
    1,561 Posts
    Hello. We should play again soon.

Also, I'm trying to buy BS2, but the DCS shop just signs me out whenever I try to get into the store or the cart part of the shop. Help pls :(

Edited:

I actually downloaded a mission pack that we can play too. No longer shall we play the same mission over and over again!

24. Post #464
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,743 Posts
    Everything but Flaming Cliffs 3 is on sale this week

DCS: A-10C Warthog $19.99 USD
    DCS: P-51D Mustang $9.99 USD
    DCS: Combined Arms $20.99 USD
    DCS: Black Shark 2 (Full) $19.99 USD
    DCS: Black Shark 2 (Update) $9.99 USD

25. Post #465
    November 2008
    44 Posts
    Bly: A-10, FC3

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,743 Posts
    So the Huey module developers have gotten permission to start releasing media

The module release should also be coming up sometime soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,840 Posts
    Does anyone in here have a dcs a-10c profile for an Extreme 3d Pro they can share?
    I am not familiar enough with the controls to set it up myself and it doesn't bind anything by default

28. Post #468

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    Uh, so how do you enable Black Shark 2 (retail copy) in DCS World?

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,743 Posts
    Uh, so how do you enable Black Shark 2 (retail copy) in DCS World?
    Download and install the Black Shark module, then when you launch a KA-50 mission it'll ask you for your key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,724 Posts
    So I was just looking at the newsletter and...

Before you say we knew these were being developed, it just confirms what projects ED are working on and not third parties.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    March 2013
    1,245 Posts
    I had my first lesson with the P51 today.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #472
    March 2013
    1,245 Posts
    They prolonged their sale of their titles. So grab it while its hot.

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,295 Posts
    Learn to read, it says eagle dynamics and our partners, just from a quick glance at the list mig21bis and the hawk are third party

Also where the fuck is Nevada terrain they should at least release edge a pi so third party's can create terrain on the new engine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    Ok, bump-post.
    I was wondering if anyone wanted to play BMS falcon anytime soon?

I got my head halfway wrapped around the F16 now

35. Post #475
    August 2012
    15 Posts
    I just purchased DCS A-10C. Any pointers to give?

36. Post #476
    Do the training missions several times. They might be boring, but they are very helpful!

37. Post #477
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    Are you new to DCS/Lock On?

38. Post #478
    August 2012
    15 Posts
    Are you new to DCS/Lock On?
    Yup, I am using a cheap joystick I found laying around. I just mav'd my first target today with the help of some youtube tutorials. I'm loving the game so far.

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,864 Posts
    Prepare for the suck. The learning curve is very steep since there's so much to cover, and you'll have to push your multitasking skills to the limit.

But if you stick to it and end up getting the hang of the A10, it's incredibly satisfying.

Edited:

A tip? the gun is by far the most important weapon you have, and it's capable of destroying anything on the ground with <150 shots. Using it effectively should be second nature. Practice a lot with it.

40. Post #480
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    Should have started learning to play with the Su-25T, the learning curve isn't as steep.