1. Post #1401
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,608 Posts
    Oregon next please. More green winding roads, less brown open highways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1402
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts
    It's here! The ETS2/ATS feature we've all been waiting for!!! CUSTOMIZABLE WHEELS!!!

It's not just Steam Workshop support, there is another important feature coming with the next ETS2 and ATS update. Compared to where we were only a year ago with the whole wheel being just one monolithic truck part, there's no other way of putting it: we're going to provide you with ultimate wheel customization!

We were never quite happy with the existing system, it was too limiting. Customizing wheels should be more varied, more flexible, more fun! We have split our wheels into multiple components: Tire and Disk separation was introduced recently, in addition to it we have now added customization sub-components of the disk: Hubs, Hub Covers and Nuts.

Check out this little video clip that we have made. Rather than from static screenshots, this feature is easier to appreciate in motion:

Advanced wheel customization will come simultaneously to both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator with the upcoming update. Just splitting the existing wheel models into parts that you can recombine according to your wish will already give you a vast variety of different looks. On top of it, we'll soon release a small but cool DLC with extra wheel tuning options - things like paintable metal parts or crazy nut designs. Stay tuned!
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/03/ulti...omization.html

As small a thing as it is, I'm actually kind of excited for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1403
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,609 Posts
    Yay! I hope they add painted wheel walls later on :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1404
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts
    Oh dear lord, ETS2MP/ATSMP have gotten voice chat...

God save my ears. (taken from TruckersMP forums)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #1405
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts
    Open beta for ETS2 Steam Workshop is now live. You have to opt in to the 1.23 beta to use it, I think.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/03/euro...te-123-in.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1406
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    4,756 Posts
    Hahah the "SiSL's Mega Pack" on the workshop, some of the cabin items look alright/pretty cool then you can just get a Luke Skywalker sat in the passenger seat or even Rey, the hell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1407
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts
    1.2 beta for ATS is out.

MAIN FEATURES
    -Steam Workshop
    -Ultimate Wheel Custiomization

UI
    -Navigation path (red line) can be disabled (option)
    -Disable of hidden Route Advisor popups (option)
    -Autopark feature can be disabled (option)
    -Speeding highlight on Route Advisor

VEHICLES
    -Fixed cruise control locked on by retarder
    -Multiple position of engine brake
    -Improved truck stability during retarder usage
    -Keyboard steering improved

MAP
    -Speed limits polished
    -Speed limits signs enlarged
    -Stop signs removed from traffic light controlled crossroads
    -Turn left traffic light added to some crossroads
    -Certified scales are now working
    -Traffic light on interstates removed (where possible)

OTHER
    AI improvements
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/03/amer...-beta.html?m=1

8. Post #1408
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,369 Posts
    Can someone in here figure out the modding business for ETS2, and whip up some 5k-10k hp engine for me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1409
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,369 Posts
    tried making a sensible chuckle

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

10. Post #1410
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,768 Posts
    Aw you cut out the song at the absolute best part

11. Post #1411
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,369 Posts

I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #1412
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,609 Posts
    tried making a sensible chuckle

wow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1413
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/04/para...me-update.html

Steam Workshop/Wheel customization is now out of beta!

14. Post #1414
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts

Available in the beta branches of ETS2 and ATS now.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/05/adva...-coupling.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1415
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    13,598 Posts
    It's cool how they still support ets2 when adding shit to ats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1416
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    19,791 Posts
    Anyone play American Truck Sim with a VR device? I have and I love it but I need to turn the texture scaling up as high as possible to make it not look like shit. I can get it up to like 100% but anymore than that I get lag and screen flickering. Does anyone have any advice on how to optimize or prioritize ATS in general so that I can actually drive without it feeling like I forgot to wear my glasses because I can't really see beyond ten feet?

17. Post #1417
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,085 Posts
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/05/amer...te-13.html?m=1

Arizona DLC is now in open beta, so the full release must not be too far off...

Also actual air horns for ATS, finally.

18. Post #1418

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    I'm quite excited for Arizona, they said it is the first state in ATS which was made with their newer toolset, which means it will be on par with Scandinavia in quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1419
    July 2012
    307 Posts
    I'm quite excited for Arizona, they said it is the first state in ATS which was made with their newer toolset, which means it will be on par with Scandinavia in quality.
    Huh, really? I thought that the whole ATS world was made with what they made Scandinavia with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1420

21. Post #1421
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    19,791 Posts
    Yeah but not with VR support.

I wanna die.

22. Post #1422
    March 2013
    837 Posts
    American Truck Sim's map is getting scaled up!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/ame...05287446484931

Includes overhauls to intersections - especially on highways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #1423
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,894 Posts
    American Truck Sim's map is getting scaled up!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/ame...05287446484931

Includes overhauls to intersections - especially on highways

Can't wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1424

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    SCS is giving out 30k keys for a steering wheel DLC, grab it while its hot:

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/09/stee...k-for-ats.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #1425

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    They did it again, free DLC erryday:

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/09/schw...-pack-dlc.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #1426
    July 2013
    5,573 Posts
    ATS is bringing back memories of 18 Wheels of Steel.

27. Post #1427
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,894 Posts
    The rescale for ATS is in open beta

http://steamcommunity.com/games/amer...12280178417842
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1428
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    10,467 Posts
    Rescale is live.

29. Post #1429
    June 2016
    100 Posts
    rescale?

30. Post #1430
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,797 Posts
    rescale?
    The map was to a smaller scale than ETS2 originally. I'm sure I have the numbers wrong but ATS was something like 1:35 scale while ETS2 was 1:20 scale. Now ATS is 1:20 scale so it's 1.75x bigger than it was at launch. The time of day cycle and economy have been rebalanced with the bigger map too.

31. Post #1431
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,235 Posts
    Has anyone got the new france expansion for ETS2? Does anyone know if it re-designs the existing french cities like paris/lyon?

32. Post #1432

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    Has anyone got the new france expansion for ETS2? Does anyone know if it re-designs the existing french cities like paris/lyon?
    Haven't checked Lyon yet but Paris is completely rebuilt, really cool. They did upgrade the older parts too to a certain extent, mostly with more realistic interchanges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1433

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    SCS will be releasing a small Michelin themed pack, as usual they will be handing out keys first so keep checking their blog in the upcoming days if you don't want to miss out.

34. Post #1434

October 2010
    2,220 Posts

It's out, grab a key here:
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/01/michelin-fan-pack.html
    (you need at least 75 hours of playtime and a twitter account)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1435
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,369 Posts
    After rummaging through workshop and finding som poison suitable for me, i tried making another sensible giggle

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #1436

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    Quick recap of the news in the past few months:

Police cars added to ETS2 in 1.27

Heavy trucks coming to both ETS2 and ATS (the former will have steerable rear axles, while the latter will feature multiple pivot points)

New Mexico is the next (DLC) state for ATS.

The new Scania S and R will probably be the next trucks for ETS2 (others like the Renault T and american ones are in some licensing hell sadly)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #1437
    June 2015
    1,668 Posts
    I know it's been said before but seriously, hats off to SCS for still giving ETS2 the love and support it deserves as opposed to just little half-assed stuff while they're working on ATS. Fuck, it's crazy to think that 10-15 years ago I was playing 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America that my parents got from Target and all these years later, the dudes who made that make this. Call it evolution, I call it reuniting with an old friend whose bettered himself.

38. Post #1438

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    The #1 most requested feature is also coming in a free update: Doubles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

39. Post #1439
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,131 Posts
    OH THE HYPE

40. Post #1440
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,611 Posts
    The #1 most requested feature is also coming in a free update: Doubles
    Reversing the one on the right is gonna be so much fun. Not just two trailers, but the rear one has turntable steering by the looks of it.