1. Post #121
    December 2009
    1,650 Posts
    I'm currently working on a horror map int he EP2 Hammer also, how can I prepare to make sure everything goes smoothly?
    everything will work after steam pipe is finished for all games. but untill then errors may happen

also i had an idea about ghosthunt
    Why dont you make a sample pack of ghost hunt with tutorials so people can make there own ghost hunts as then they would me more varieties of ghosthunt

2. Post #122
    August 2012
    1,212 Posts
    Any chance of this being added? Ignore the shitty intro.

Basically, A different scare thing is added randomly, It could variate the playing experience and make it feel more dynamic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #123
    July 2012
    545 Posts
    everything will work after steam pipe is finished for all games. but untill then errors may happen

also i had an idea about ghosthunt
    Why dont you make a sample pack of ghost hunt with tutorials so people can make there own ghost hunts as then they would me more varieties of ghosthunt
    He showed us how he did everything in Hammer on video during the livestream, but apparently I'm one of about 7 people that saw that, and that's a shame cause not only was him going through Hammer informative x10, but he played a little bit of Hartley.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    Hey guys.

Sorry for the radio silence. A lot going on currently. Few things.

Hartley may be redone from the ground up on a different engine (So we can sell it). I may be getting a team.

GH3 - numerous issues. Still working on it now and then.

EDIT:

I'd just like to clarify about GH3. I'm really having problems right now because of two reasons. 1 - Baby aggro (Which I can't and wouldn't want to prevent.) and 2 - Source keeps fucking up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    December 2009
    1,650 Posts
    Hey guys.

Sorry for the radio silence. A lot going on currently. Few things.

Hartley may be redone from the ground up on a different engine (So we can sell it). I may be getting a team.

GH3 - numerous issues. Still working on it now and then.

EDIT:

I'd just like to clarify about GH3. I'm really having problems right now because of two reasons. 1 - Baby aggro (Which I can't and wouldn't want to prevent.) and 2 - Source keeps fucking up.
    does source ever work right?
    and what are the main problems you are getting with source?

6. Post #126
    August 2008
    165 Posts
    Probably that SteamPipe stuff. I was able to get GH1 and GH2 working properly by converting all HL2 & Episodes content into SteamPipe (Beta). Now it should work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #127
    December 2009
    1,650 Posts
    Any news on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    Yeah. Sorry. Steampipe has pretty much been ballsing up anything and everything ghosthunt related for like 3 months now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #129
    July 2013
    1 Posts
    Estimated Time TBA?

10. Post #130
    July 2012
    545 Posts
    Yeah. Sorry. Steampipe has pretty much been ballsing up anything and everything ghosthunt related for like 3 months now.
    When i tried to load hammer:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,569 Posts
    When i tried to load hammer:

You can load hammer from the hammer.exe in the bin folder of the game you are using to map, e.g.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\bin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    July 2012
    545 Posts
    You can load hammer from the hammer.exe in the bin folder of the game you are using to map, e.g.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\bin
    Thanks for the help, but I figured that out about a week ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    December 2009
    1,650 Posts
    Any news on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    January 2012
    31 Posts
    All we can do is wait and be patient.
    I'm really glad he's putting this effort out with the limited time he has.

Cheers, Breadman! Talk to me on Steam anytime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    Hey guys.

Ghosthunt 3 is undergoing some pretty dramatic design changes today to fix a plethora of bugs. The map layout will change slightly (for the better) and I've been tweaking various events.

Once this process is complete I should be significantly closer to promo and release.

Thanks for your patience.

At least I'm not like Valve and give you JACK SHIT to live with for SIX YEARS. GABE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 20Friendly x 2Useful x 1Mapping King x 1Zing x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #136

August 2013
    1 Posts
    glad to see your still going cheers bread man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    June 2013
    452 Posts
    Hey guys.

Ghosthunt 3 is undergoing some pretty dramatic design changes today to fix a plethora of bugs. The map layout will change slightly (for the better) and I've been tweaking various events.

Once this process is complete I should be significantly closer to promo and release.

Thanks for your patience.

At least I'm not like Valve and give you JACK SHIT to live with for SIX YEARS. GABE.
    Hey! How's the baby doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    Hey! How's the baby doing?
    She's good. Teething. Screaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    June 2013
    452 Posts
    She's good. Teething. Screaming.
    And you seem to be handling it very well indeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

20. Post #140
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    3,927 Posts
    hi
    ghosthunt is neat

ok bye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful x 4Funny x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Mapping King x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    January 2010
    48 Posts
    Hey Breadman.
    I gave Ghosthunt2 a go with the GMod addon "Stop It Slender".
    The results:
    Good in the overall feel of playing, with both Slender and the random events in the map to stay alert of.
    The POV camera movement blends in neatly with the map.
    Glitches: The player who becomes Slenderman always spawn under the map, having no way to take part of the game.
    The bad: You can use the Use key (E) to activate stuff, like opening doors and pulling levers, BUT you can't pick up stuff, like the ghost detector or a skull for use. Maybe you could find any inspiration from that?
    Reply me if you want pictures or a recording of gameplay for reference.

I just want to further help you to possibly improve the already awesome GH3 project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #142
    December 2009
    1,650 Posts
    Any news on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    June 2013
    751 Posts
    Any chance of this being added? Ignore the shitty intro.

Basically, A different scare thing is added randomly, It could variate the playing experience and make it feel more dynamic.
    Yeah. I hope the ASS gets added, it's a pretty cool feature.

24. Post #144
    September 2013
    3,254 Posts
    Aw man I really love the Gm_ghosthunt series. But there are some things that bother me about 'em.

-Sooner or later you realize how scripted and small amount of ghosts there actually are. It's exciting at first, but gets boring when you come to know the maps and mechanics well.

Wanna hear a secret? I've always dreamed of working on a BIG mod/game of it, maybe even on an entirely different engine, that's how much the idea really has potential.
    It's one of those things that seems like the best plan ever in my head, but will never really work out. :p

Anyways, I liked the old smaller monitors more, it's much more exciting to see something small on one of the small monitors and go "Huh? What the hell was that...? Better go check it out."
    Now it looks like a movie theater, imo. :p

25. Post #145
    October 2011
    315 Posts
    Aw man I really love the Gm_ghosthunt series. But there are some things that bother me about 'em.

-Sooner or later you realize how scripted and small amount of ghosts there actually are. It's exciting at first, but gets boring when you come to know the maps and mechanics well.

Wanna hear a secret? I've always dreamed of working on a BIG mod/game of it, maybe even on an entirely different engine, that's how much the idea really has potential.
    It's one of those things that seems like the best plan ever in my head, but will never really work out. Probably because I'm lazy and not too skilled at the moment. :p

Anyways, I liked the old smaller monitors more, it's much more exciting to see something small on one of the small monitors and go "Huh? What the hell was that...? Better go check it out."
    Now it looks like a movie theater, imo. :p

ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    January 2013
    1,268 Posts
    cant wait for this one.

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    2,647 Posts
    Any update on this?

28. Post #148
    July 2012
    545 Posts
    Any update on this?
    When this showed up in my subscriptions, I got excited, only to find someone in the same condition that I am.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    New site + News : http://sarethen.weebly.com/

I've been very busy. GH3 is still in dev. I've done extensive testing but am still having issues with hammer from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

30. Post #150

"headband wearing nymph seducer"

November 2011
    4,417 Posts

I've been very busy. GH3 is still in dev. I've done extensive testing but am still having issues with hammer from time to time.
    As someone that uses hammer in SFM SDK, i feel for your technical issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    July 2012
    545 Posts

Take as much time as you need man, no matter when it comes it will still be EPIC.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    January 2010
    1,042 Posts
    Glad to see you're making good use of those corpses. Well done. ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    June 2013
    452 Posts
    Oh wow, very smart use of the corpses, just the screenshots of this map is making me a bit scared! (in a good way of course)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    March 2010
    119 Posts
    Looking forward to it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    September 2013
    3,254 Posts
    I like the more detailed geometry I see here, very good, very well made.

Can't see any decals tho' (Except for the bloodstain). Yet to be added?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    I like the more detailed geometry I see here, very good, very well made.

Can't see any decals tho' (Except for the bloodstain). Yet to be added?
    A fine observation. The build I'm running is actually called Gm_ghosthunt3_nooverlays - and contains no decals or overlays. I had some artifacting when I started to apply them so I'm leaving them till last.

More to come by the way.

Edit: Update over @ http://sarethen.weebly.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    September 2013
    3,254 Posts
    ...Basically, A different scare thing is added randomly, It could variate the playing experience and make it feel more dynamic.
    That's actually quite a simple system, all you need is a few complete scares, a timer and a case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    249 Posts
    Gonna try and put some more stuff on my site when I'm home later.

Edit:

New shots and info : http://sarethen.weebly.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

40. Post #160

March 2013
    2 Posts
    Wow this map is so awesome, just the screenshots sended shivers through my spine, i can't wait to play it :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)