1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,742 Posts
    Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but has anybody found a decent substitute for YouTube in iOS6? i really miss the app more than I thought I would.
    Yeah it's an app called YouTube made by google.

Vastly better than the old apple app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts
    Screw Google's YouTube app. Look up Jasmine. Made by the devs of Alien Blue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    17,947 Posts
    LiveJasmin is completely different, you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

4. Post #364
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts
    LiveJasmin is completely different, you know.
    If only there were an app for it. That site's a goldmine.

5. Post #365
    May 2012
    228 Posts
    Yeah it's an app called YouTube made by google.

Vastly better than the old apple app.
    Oh I see when I went under iPad-specific apps the YouTube app didn't show up. Problem Solved!

I'll look at that one too though.

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,944 Posts
    Nothing was as reliable as stock and stock is slow and has bad battery life. 2 hours of usage then the battery's dead? As if the AMOLED being a battery hog wasn't enough, it also uses PenTile. Ugh.
    Man, I feel sorry for you. Shitty battery or something. I'm running stock and 2 hours is laughable.

7. Post #367
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts
    Man, I feel sorry for you. Shitty battery or something. I'm running stock and 2 hours is laughable.
    2 hours of screen-on time, trackable from settings. Two different batteries. Got an extended battery too which raised it to 2 and a half, but still rubbish.

It's not the battery, it's the damn phone and Android's shitty power management as of ICS.

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,781 Posts
    It saddens me knowing that everyone is going to pay more for an iPod touch over a nexus 7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts
    It saddens me knowing that everyone is going to pay more for an iPod touch over a nexus 7
    That must've been a typo because iPod/Nexus 7 fill completely different roles

Edited:

damned if I'm carrying a tablet in my pocket
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,598 Posts
    Only problem is that it doesn't work on iOS 5 and lower, therefore iPod touch 3 or older devices.

It's time for an upgrade anyway. Very soon.

11. Post #371
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    It's not the battery, it's the damn phone and Android's shitty power management as of ICS.
    I really think its just the SAMOLED panel gobbling all that power.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,653 Posts
    iPod Touch will still be better for games, which is a big part of Apple's market. The SGX543MP2 is still unsurpassed in a non Apple product except for devices with the Adreno 320, which to my knowledge is the yet to be released LG Optimus G.

Edited:

Only problem is that it doesn't work on iOS 5 and lower, therefore iPod touch 3 or older devices.

It's time for an upgrade anyway. Very soon.
    But on those devices you have Apple's app anyway.

13. Post #373
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,572 Posts
    I have a Nexus 7, great tablet but not practical for those who want the most mobility.

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,801 Posts
    I just used an iPhone 5 for like a few seconds. It's honestly the best looking and built device I've seen/used.

The materials make it feel nice to hold and very robust. Its weight is perfect and surprisingly light compared to the 4/4S. Despite having a taller display it somehow looks smaller than the previous model too most likely due to the the smaller bezel and thinner build. 10/10 design would play with again.

I'd love one but I don't like iOS one bit :(

15. Post #375
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    What's your screen on time at the end of the charge?

I'm at 21% remaining. I've been playing Osmos all day and I usually get a bit more just idly reading reddit.

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,400 Posts
    I just used an iPhone 5 for like a few seconds. It's honestly the best looking and built device I've seen/used.

The materials make it feel nice to hold and very robust. Its weight is perfect and surprisingly light compared to the 4/4S. Despite having a taller display it somehow looks smaller than the previous model too most likely due to the the smaller bezel and thinner build. 10/10 design would play with again.

I'd love one but I don't like iOS one bit :(
    I'm guessing you're using Android, I'm sure there's an Android device made of similar materials
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

17. Post #377
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    I'm guessing you're using Android, I'm sure there's an Android device made of similar materials
    I've yet to see an Android device that feels as good as the iPhone in the hand.
    Never mind cheap ass plastic with a fake metal texture, or ceramic.
    The iPhone has weight to it, it feels sturdy in your hand, its not an amorphous blob with a creaky chassis.

Apple make nice Hardware, software is their only real failing. (oh and attitude)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,662 Posts
    I've yet to see an Android device that feels as good as the iPhone in the hand.
    Never mind cheap ass plastic with a fake metal texture, or ceramic.
    The iPhone has weight to it, it feels sturdy in your hand, its not an amorphous blob with a creaky chassis.

Apple make nice Hardware, software is their only real failing. (oh and attitude)
    The oneX is close to the feel of my 4, not nearly there though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,653 Posts
    The oneX is close to the feel of my 4, not nearly there though
    Polycarbonate vs aluminum and glass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #380
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Would it actually kill Samsung to actually make a well built phone?
    I mean really, the SIII wouldn't look so hideous if the thing was actually made out of metal.

All the buttons aren't centred properly either, which just looks plain wierd.

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,653 Posts
    Would it actually kill Samsung to actually make a well built phone?
    I mean really, the SIII wouldn't look so hideous if the thing was actually made out of metal.
    No reason to when people keep buying their phones and they're basically the only Android OEM not bleeding money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts

Small fix, I've moved the buttons into the correct place and ditched the awful branding.
    If you require branding plastered onto the front of your product, you do not have an iconic design, you have a generic device and the only way people know its made by Samsung is the fact its written on the front.

The Nexus devices have no labeling on the front, and the Gnex is IMO a very distinctive device.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,322 Posts
    No reason to when people keep buying their phones and they're basically the only Android OEM not bleeding money.
    The thing is more people would buy their phones if they were actually made out of decent materials. There's a good reason Apple is rich as shit.

Why is it only Apple make quality hardware??

Edited:

The S3 makes my eyes bleed. Jeez, burn it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,801 Posts
    The thing is more people would buy their phones if they were actually made out of decent materials. There's a good reason Apple is rich as shit.

Why is it only Apple make quality hardware??

Edited:

The S3 makes my eyes bleed. Jeez, burn it!
    I thought this at first until I got one, it looks fine IRL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

25. Post #385
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Its curvy in all the wrong places, and it looks absolutely nothing like the S2, do Samsung actually understand the idea of "signature styles"

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,801 Posts
    Its curvy in all the wrong places, and it looks absolutely nothing like the S2, do Samsung actually understand the idea of "signature styles"
    Were you not on this world when Apple and Samsung were in a legal battle and Samsung lost ect etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #387
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Were you not on this world when Apple and Samsung were in a legal battle and Samsung lost ect etc?
    They didn't even keep the rounded rectangular home button, they have a deformed toenail there now.
    The Home button was the only design related thing that differentiated the GS from the iPhone too.

28. Post #388
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts

I'm at 21% remaining. I've been playing Osmos all day and I usually get a bit more just idly reading reddit.
    Yeahhhh. I get 7 hours on my iPhone 5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,944 Posts
    2 hours of screen-on time, trackable from settings. Two different batteries. Got an extended battery too which raised it to 2 and a half, but still rubbish.

The same day you posted your previous reply, I had actually used my phone for a very long time. I didn't mean that it lasted more than two hours screen off, I'm not an idiot.

Once again, I'm sorry for you, but I'm not gonna stop enjoying my phone because of your shortcomings. I've never had to charge the phone during the day, and I intend to keep it that way.

30. Post #390
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts
    The same day you posted your previous reply, I had actually used my phone for a very long time. I didn't mean that it lasted more than two hours screen off, I'm not an idiot.

Once again, I'm sorry for you, but I'm not gonna stop enjoying my phone because of your shortcomings. I've never had to charge the phone during the day, and I intend to keep it that way.
    Yeah I totally told you to throw your phone because mine had a bad battery life.

Anyway, the Nexus S has a shit battery life, especially by today's standards.

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,742 Posts
    Yeah I totally told you to throw your phone because mine had a bad battery life.

Anyway, the Nexus S has a shit battery life, especially by today's standards.
    I have a Nexus S and I get about 5 days standby and 8 hours max brightness screen time out of it...

32. Post #392
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,652 Posts
    I have a Nexus S and I get about 5 days standby and 8 hours max brightness screen time out of it...
    Is your Nexus S completely stock?

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,742 Posts
    Is your Nexus S completely stock?
    Stock ICS yeah.

34. Post #394
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts
    No you simply don't. Otherwise post proof.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,742 Posts
    No you simply don't. Otherwise post proof.
    Well here's today's result which isn't the best I've had. Not sure wifi is eating so much, caching google maps I guess. I also spent about 3 hours on a telephone job interview.

36. Post #396
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,652 Posts
    For some reason it's not letting me email photos in high resolution, but here's my iPhone:

31%, with 3 hours of usage and 13 on standby.

Edited:

I don't know if I should just can the jailbreak and update to iOS 6, however I'd lose the theme I spent $2 on :I

37. Post #397
    Diamond Member
    May 2005
    3,306 Posts
    Well here's today's result which isn't the best I've had. Not sure wifi is eating so much, caching google maps I guess. I also spent about 3 hours on a telephone job interview.

Gimme a screenshot of the screen on time.

Edited:

For some reason it's not letting me email photos in high resolution, but here's my iPhone:

31%, with 3 hours of usage and 13 on standby.

Edited:

I don't know if I should just can the jailbreak and update to iOS 6, however I'd lose the theme I spent $2 on :I
    Winterboard eats battery and performance, so...

38. Post #398
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,652 Posts
    Not as bad as you'd think. My battery life post-jailbreak has been the same pre-jailbreak.

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,792 Posts
    Winterboard eats battery and performance, so...
    Back when I had a second generation iPod Touch, it barely affected anything.

40. Post #400
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,001 Posts
    can't wait for an iPhone 5 jailbreak, there is a method for jail broken devices to make Chrome and other web browsers use the Safari-only Nitro javascript engine, making Chome for iOS as fast as Safari