1. Post #5121
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    Level 40 asura guardian right here.

Fucking shit up righteously.
    how are guardians

the only reason i picked guardian over warrior is i fucking hate adrenaline/rage/whatever systems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #5122
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,738 Posts

what
    if you don't understand how kawaii i am now you never will
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #5123
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    2,738 Posts
    Prepare to block everything and irritate the fuck out of enemies. Also you do loads of burning damage.
    The virtue system is excellent, as is your choice of weapons, but make sure to take a gap closer in your weapon set (such as greatsword or the sword), as it will make engaging enemies much easier.

(tbh though, the burst system for warrior is pretty great.)
    (Also, I think guardian is currently underpowered in wvw, as we really aren't durable enough to jump in and do the damage necessary to kill people effectively.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #5124
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,818 Posts
    how are guardians

the only reason i picked guardian over warrior is i fucking hate adrenaline/rage/whatever systems.
    Im playing guardian and I like it, its the only class I have played so far though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5125
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts
    Tried WvW for the first time. Took part in a castle battle.

My FPS, where have you gone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #5126
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    11,856 Posts
    Zinayzen, if you're looking for one last reason to buy it.

I personally never played guild wars before (other than the 5 mins I played it at PAX East 2012) And I dislike the high fantasy genre, but I bought this game and love every second I have played so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5127
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    okay got my laptop up and running

brb gamestop

also greatsword v greathammer

hammers are always awesome right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #5128
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    Tried WvW for the first time. Took part in a castle battle.

My FPS, where have you gone?
    WvW is the only part of the game that my PC struggled with.

I normally get about 80+ fps, but in WvW I'd be luck to get away with a little over 30 fps. So many people on screen murdering each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #5129
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts

here i come
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #5130
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    I love the box art for Guild Wars 2.

Simple but great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #5131
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    i hope my computer can handle it

it's not terrible but it has a tendency to sound like a dying sun when the graphics are taxing enough

Edited:

jesus christ slowest install ever

i want to play :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #5132
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,641 Posts
    i hope my computer can handle it

it's not terrible but it has a tendency to sound like a dying sun when the graphics are taxing enough

Edited:

jesus christ slowest install ever

i want to play :(
    patience is a virtue

at least you are able to drive and get the game, I either have to walk 4 miles or more, or wait till the weekend when the mall is cram packed with people.

13. Post #5133
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,835 Posts
    patience is a virtue

at least you are able to drive and get the game, I either have to walk 4 miles or more, or wait till the weekend when the mall is cram packed with people.
    I would've walked a long time ago. That's not so far.

ESPECIALLY for Guild Wars 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #5134
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,662 Posts
    I was in Queensdale farming blood yesterday, and an event came up so I decided to help. Someone must have noticed I had higher level gear, because they said in chat "Grogak show us some cool moves!" I said alright, then I went form of raven (which if you haven't seen before looks absolutely horrifying), shouted "NEVERMORE", murdered two enemies, then ran away shouting "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Pretty sure I traumatized those people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #5135
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    okay so i checked the op and it had no info about the guild

where is it (what server) and who do i talk to to get into it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #5136
    December 2011
    1,566 Posts
    Can't get that custom music playlists thing to work that dude quoted last page. I checked it's all compatible, got the stuff named correctly but nada in game.

Is there like a reload sounds command? Maybe that'll do it.

17. Post #5137
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts

where is it (what server) and who do i talk to to get into it

It's all at the top of the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #5138
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    oh

i knew that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #5139
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,667 Posts
    Send a guild request
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #5140
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    3,321 Posts
    Hey hey, did you even read the OP?

Everything you asked, was in the OP.
    Remember those 6 questions?

4 Of them were in the OP.

(Classes, is it good, there are alot of people playing, there is a guild...)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #5141
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts
    met a couple of players on a field, we banded together to kill some big monster and then started dancing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #5142
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,738 Posts
    if anyone is on EU Desolation, then hit me up. name is Bear Guy Forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #5143
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    Hey hey, did you even read the OP?

Everything you asked, was in the OP.
    Remember those 6 questions?

4 Of them were in the OP.

(Classes, is it good, there are alot of people playing, there is a guild...)
    didn't read it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #5144
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,641 Posts
    So one question that I don't see answered much;

What's the endgame in this, apart from dungeons and WvWvW? I'm not a big pvp fan, I like it, but I don't absolutely adore it.

I rather spend a fair time learning strategics for bosses, getting loot and advancing.

25. Post #5145
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    for the record, my display name on the forums won't be my in-game name, right? I doubt it, but i've gotta be sure.

26. Post #5146
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES

August 2007
    5,412 Posts
    for the record, my display name on the forums won't be my in-game name, right? I doubt it, but i've gotta be sure.
    Correct, but it will show up in friends list and next to your IGN in guild rosters

27. Post #5147
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    11,856 Posts

didn't read it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #5148
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    didn't read it before i asked all those questions

when i read it i skimmed the bit at the top because in most threads that's just release data

29. Post #5149
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,178 Posts

here i come
    What the hell is wrong with your thumb.

Thumbs aren't supposed to bend that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #5150
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    My thumb does that..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #5151
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    I'M IN

OH YEAH

Edited:

What the hell is wrong with your thumb.

Thumbs aren't supposed to bend that way.
    hitchhiker's thumb baby

Edited:

it's funny because my tags are img_thumb and /img_thumb

and it's an img of my thumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5152
    I'M IN

OH YEAH

Edited:

hitchhiker's thumb baby

Edited:

it's funny because my tags are img_thumb and /img_thumb

and it's an img of my thumb
    This creeps me the fuck out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #5153
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts

I am Makol and I approve this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #5154
    November 2010
    630 Posts
    Oh FP, you so silly...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #5155
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    3,175 Posts
    I love the facepunch guild!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #5156
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    503 Posts
    I love the facepunch guild!
    Norn one-liners 24/7.

What's not to love?

Also lemons in bulk and penetrating shields.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #5157
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    god it's surprisingly difficult to pick a class when there's no difference between them all

i can't let racials sway me

i want to be an asura but they're not adorable like i expected

i'd be a human but i can't think of a name that isn't bad

choices

38. Post #5158
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,454 Posts
    I never got an invite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #5159
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,787 Posts
    Thumb Discussion
    oh god this reminds me of the pic of Dai holding a can backwards.

Edited:

well I can bend my fingers in a 90 degree angle

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #5160
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    oh god this reminds me of the pic of Dai holding a can backwards.

Edited:

well I can bend my fingers in a 90 degree angle

do it without using a desk

anyone can do it with a desk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)