1. Post #1361
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,354 Posts
    So uuh, where do I find mods for CC? New units and weapons and stuff?
    a couple tips to help you get started with mods

mods will increase load times... disable mods you don't use by deleting the .rte in the folder name

you can selectively enable and disable actors and weapons in a mod by changing a mod's index.ini (good mods are commented so you know what you're enabling and disabling)

some mods are laggy... read the tooltips (especially in duh's massive pack of stuff or w/e)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #1362
    August 2005
    3,246 Posts
    Downloading all of these mods is bringing a lot of memories back, I must have spent hundreds of hours playing this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #1363
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,785 Posts
    Yeah sure, I'm not a gun racist like trotsky.
    Well I got these two which I made

Based off of this

I am still not sure if I want to use a dark outline on sprites though so I just made 2 versions. One with and one without a dark outline.

Edited:

And yes pretty much all of these sprites will be from tribes ascend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1364
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,601 Posts
    how difficult would it be to make the spinfusor work? like a proper fat blue projectile that explodes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #1365
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,448 Posts
    not that hard
    i imagine it would be just like a rocket launcher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1366
    July 2011
    1,544 Posts
    How hard is it to make a new faction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #1367
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,448 Posts
    Code:
    DataModule
        ModuleName = name
        IconFile = ContentFile
            Path = iconpath
        Description =
    in your index

8. Post #1368
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,946 Posts
    Are there any mods based on melee or physical weapons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1369
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,354 Posts
    How hard is it to make a new faction?
    depends on what the faction consists of...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1370
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    7,196 Posts
    the only "real" melee weapons i've seen are weapons that project a cutting beam of some sort. one of the AAL mods has a pilot actor that comes equipped with one. basically it's like the sword from no more heros, except the beam blade thing is only on when you're firing.

what this means is the weapon cuts exactly how you want it provided you're good enough at aiming.

every other melee weapon is a sprite of a sword or a bat with a firing animation of a sprite of the weapon in motion and a bunch of short lived particles emitted in front of wherever the wielding actor is aiming.

if we could get some real actual bludgeoning weapons that would be super sweet.

like a sledgehammer that swings from the top of the wielding actor's head to his feet, and the head of the sledgehammer is an actual physical object in the game. like the revolver cannon only the slugs don't explode and are attached to the end of a stick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1371
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,193 Posts
    Ballistic weapons has some melee weapons, a laser katana included. So does Unitec.

as for melee weapons you can actually swing; that sounds awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #1372
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,195 Posts
    Well I got these two which I made

Based off of this

I am still not sure if I want to use a dark outline on sprites though so I just made 2 versions. One with and one without a dark outline.

Edited:

And yes pretty much all of these sprites will be from tribes ascend.
    You wanna look at the repair tool and see what bits are more "important" to the eye, then focus on defining those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1373
    July 2010
    1,007 Posts
    Someone's gotta make a worms mods with all rocket launchers and more explosive weapons instead of the primarily bullet-based gameplay right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #1374
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,047 Posts
    Someone's gotta make a worms mods with all rocket launchers and more explosive weapons instead of the primarily bullet-based gameplay right now.
    Explosions in this game are really just a fuckton of bullets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

15. Post #1375
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,440 Posts
    the only "real" melee weapons i've seen are weapons that project a cutting beam of some sort. one of the AAL mods has a pilot actor that comes equipped with one. basically it's like the sword from no more heros, except the beam blade thing is only on when you're firing.

what this means is the weapon cuts exactly how you want it provided you're good enough at aiming.

every other melee weapon is a sprite of a sword or a bat with a firing animation of a sprite of the weapon in motion and a bunch of short lived particles emitted in front of wherever the wielding actor is aiming.

if we could get some real actual bludgeoning weapons that would be super sweet.

like a sledgehammer that swings from the top of the wielding actor's head to his feet, and the head of the sledgehammer is an actual physical object in the game. like the revolver cannon only the slugs don't explode and are attached to the end of a stick
    The old star wars Empire faction came with a darth vader actor pre-equipped with a proper light saber that was controlled by how you moved it. It even deflected bullets. So we know something like a physics sledgehammer is perfectly possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

16. Post #1376
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts
    I remember being able to crush actors with the gun of that AAL mech by displacing them inside the terrain, but the gun doesn't apply any impulse to the things it touches because technically it has no energy behind it. It's not as simple as making a held device with a high mass.

In saying that I just realized you could do some magic with an attached emitter and lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #1377
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,785 Posts
    I saw a faction a while ago that was all medieval and shit but I forgot the name. I think I have it bookmarked though.

Edited:

yup http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14523 dunno if it works with 1.0 though.

18. Post #1378
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    I really doubt it, that thing is insanely old, from what I remember it's from around build 20 or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

19. Post #1379
    hello.jpg
    December 2006
    1,970 Posts

the mining outpost as i begin

after ~20 minutes of combat

around 15 minutes later, after i got bored and started using hueg pack o mods' stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1380
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    383 Posts
    What kind of scenario battle is that? Sorry, I'm still new to this game and I don't know jack shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1381
    July 2011
    1,544 Posts

the mining outpost as i begin

after ~20 minutes of combat

around 15 minutes later, after i got bored and started using hueg pack o mods' stuff
    What mod do those rocket launchers come from?

22. Post #1382
    hello.jpg
    December 2006
    1,970 Posts
    What kind of scenario battle is that? Sorry, I'm still new to this game and I don't know jack shit.
    endless skirmish survival, on that zekarra mining outpost map

Edited:

What mod do those rocket launchers come from?
    unitec

23. Post #1383
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    7,196 Posts
    the unitech SAMs are probably the only way you're going to survive nuts!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1384
    August 2009
    1,353 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that a dropship filled with about 200 crabs will kill everything on the map (Except the brain)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1385
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)

March 2010
    3,821 Posts
    Somebody started a group dedicated to "getting cortex command off steam" because the guy got banned off the game hub discussion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

26. Post #1386
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,195 Posts
    We've always known the game is polarizing opinion wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

27. Post #1387
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,936 Posts
    the unitech SAMs are probably the only way you're going to survive nuts!
    They behave rather oddly in 1.0, wouldn't rely on them too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

28. Post #1388
    hello.jpg
    December 2006
    1,970 Posts
    They behave rather oddly in 1.0, wouldn't rely on them too much.
    the rockets tend to fuck up and goof around a lot idk

29. Post #1389
    March 2011
    1,200 Posts
    I saw a faction a while ago that was all medieval and shit but I forgot the name. I think I have it bookmarked though.

Edited:

yup http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14523 dunno if it works with 1.0 though.
    Works completely fine in 1.0, suprisingly - not sure about the AI and such though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #1390
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,047 Posts
    We've always known the game is polarizing opinion wise.
    The people with more than an inkling of patience all love it - sadly there are equal amounts of people without that too...

31. Post #1391
    June 2009
    233 Posts
    The people with more than an inkling of patience all love it - sadly there are equal amounts of people without that too...
    Hell, I have like no patience and I've put quite a lot of time into this game mainly playing with friends on coop which is an absolute blast!

I think people are just stupid and don't like to use their imagination a bit to try to have fun in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1392
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    Somebody started a group dedicated to "getting cortex command off steam" because the guy got banned off the game hub discussion
    if this gets anywhere i will be pissed at their pure stupidity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #1393
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,584 Posts

I enjoy modding this game

I also figured out how to make gifs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #1394
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,459 Posts

Thats cool but I see a distinct lack of download links.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #1395
    February 2011
    758 Posts

I agree with Xron, post a download link please! It looks pretty cool to piss about with.

We should make it a rule or something, posting gifs of weapons you made should always have a download link with them, I love piling more weapons into my game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1396
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,956 Posts
    I need a goddamn map without enemies, any mods for this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

37. Post #1397
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,584 Posts
    Thats cool but I see a distinct lack of download links.
    It ain't done yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #1398
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,571 Posts
    Anyone got some good mods?

39. Post #1399
    January 2011
    209 Posts
    I need a goddamn map without enemies, any mods for this?
    You could use the spectate mod. You can use 1 and 2 to disable spawning.

40. Post #1400
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,782 Posts
    How do I enable friendly fire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)