1. Post #1

Teenagers: When they're not lobbing bricks at cyclists or jumping onto subway tracks to play chicken with oncoming trains, they're firing freaking darts at pedestrians with blowguns. Yesterday residents of Bensonhurst and Bath Beach were on edge after several pedestrians were hit with three-inch long darts. Now police say they've caught one of the culprits, who allegedly fired the darts at random passers-by from an apartment window.
    “I felt like someone was hunting,” victim Arkadiy Shklyaver, 52, tells the Post. He took a dart to the stomach while walking in Bensonhurst Sunday night. Another victim, Georgiy Ostrozhnyuk, 66, was hit in the stomach and leg a half hour earlier while sitting in an SUV with the windows open. "Yesterday was painful. Maybe in a scale from zero to 10, it's five, maybe," Ostrozhnyuk tells NY1. "The first time, I didn't feel the pain. Maybe five minutes, four minutes later, I started to feel pain."

(Ostrozhnyuk's wound, via NY1)
    The three victims were treated at Coney Island Hospital and given medication to fight any possible infection. The darts were analyzed, and so far it appears they were non-poisonous. All the attacks took place near Bay 32nd Street and 86th Street, and yesterday police searched rooftops in the area and knocked on apartment doors. At one second floor residence, an unidentified 15-year-old teen "basically copped to it,” a police source tells the Post.
    Investigators recovered darts from the apartment, but no blowgun—the teen allegedly told cops that his friend owned the weapon. (Police are still looking for his accomplice.) So far there's no explanation for why they shot the people, beyond the fact that they're teenagers. Meanwhile, the Daily News uses the occasion to look back at The Dart Man attacks of 1990!
    http://gothamist.com/2012/05/22/broo..._random_bl.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Starred Starred x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,162 Posts
    Teenagers: When they're not lobbing bricks at cyclists or jumping onto subway tracks to play chicken with oncoming trains, they're firing freaking darts at pedestrians with blowguns.
    eugh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 40Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Official Bro of DD
    Dennab
    June 2010
    12,111 Posts
    This is actually kinda funny, reminds me of the time people would do driveby paintball shootings in my neighbourhood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,517 Posts
    teenagers being retards, endangering other peoples safety.
    Nothing new here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2011
    5,622 Posts
    Holy shit, I bet someones playing Jumanji and Van Pelt fucking escaped again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Europe Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    606 Posts
    My economics teacher lives on the street where some of that happened.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,354 Posts
    This is actually kinda funny, reminds me of the time people would do driveby paintball shootings in my neighbourhood
    the tennis team used to throw tennis balls at me when they passed by... They stopped when I threw one back and clocked the driver in the head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,637 Posts
    the tennis team used to throw tennis balls at me when they passed by... They stopped when I threw one back and clocked the driver in the head.
    I'm more surprised you had the reaction time to pick up a tennis ball and throw it directly at the drivers face when they were driving by.

That must have been like a two second window of opportunity after they threw the balls at you.

Edited:

And that's only when I'm assuming they're creeping by you and not driving at a normal neighborhood speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2007
    1,029 Posts
    I'm more surprised you had the reaction time to pick up a tennis ball and throw it directly at the drivers face when they were driving by.

That must have been like a two second window of opportunity after they threw the balls at you.

Edited:

And that's only when I'm assuming they're creeping by you and not driving at a normal neighborhood speed.
    Yeah for some reason I don't believe that story at all. A car window is a pretty small target too.

10. Post #10