1. Post #1
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/shor...er_multiline#_

Why do Breivik's lawyers look like they're in a Scandinavian crime drama?
    A newspaper photograph of the defence team makes them look like slick successors to Sarah Lund et al

It's an incongruous image. The four well-coiffed Norwegians, pictured, look like they are the stars of the latest Nordic crime drama. But while the reality is not all that different, it's far more sobering: Geir Lippestad, Vibeke Hein Baera, Tord Jordet and Odd Ivar Groen are the lawyers forAnders Behring Breivik, the rightwing extremist who confessed to slaughtering 77 people in Oslo last summer.
    Still, they could be straight from The Killing. Was that their intention? "No," sighs Hein Baera, as she picks up the phone in Oslo. "It wasn't a picture we commissioned. We did around 50 interviews yesterday, and it was just like any other interview and photo shoot. Our focus is on the case, not on how photographers are taking pictures of us." Of more pressing concern is the news that psychiatrists do not now consider Breivik to be insane.
    Understandably, Hen Baera is irritated. "What is very weird is that we're working on this very serious case, and suddenly there is all this focus on a photograph of us." She insists the quartet had merely been walking from their offices to the courthouse. Since it was on the way, they agreed to be interviewed and photographed at the headquarters of VG, a major Norwegian newspaper. "It took 15 minutes that was all we had time for. We didn't think about how the photographer was taking the picture. He just told us to sit on the sofa." Effortlessly cool, then.
    Wearily, she bats away any suggestion that the lawyers have been seeking undue publicity. "Many people have a lot of questions about the case," she says, for what must be the umpteenth time this week. "So it's important we talk about why Mr Breivik did what he did."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 25Late Late x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    Spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts
    Bad guys are always well dressed.

Yes, I know being his lawyer doesn't mean they agree with him.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,520 Posts
    Indeed.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,434 Posts
    Otherwise known as the unluckiest legal defense team ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 55Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,827 Posts
    Having watched Scandinavian crime drama shows, I can confirm this.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,175 Posts
    Id hate to be his defence lawyer.

7. Post #7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 67Starred Starred x 17Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    5,912 Posts
    god i hate to be these lawyers

9. Post #9
    god i hate to be these lawyers
    We all hate to be these lawyers, but y'know - with great mind control comes great responsibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,820 Posts
    If they can get him a damn good plea bargain or a low sentence, they'll be the top lawyers in Norway for decades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2011
    898 Posts
    Did I just read Nyborg? I live close to there.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,673 Posts
    Why does that lady have 3 sets of tits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,158 Posts
    Shame that in American lawyers dress in very boxy ugly suits with comb-overs haircuts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,939 Posts
    Understandably, Hen Baera is irritated. "What is very weird is that we're working on this very serious case, and suddenly there is all this focus on a photograph of us." She insists the quartet had merely been walking from their offices to the courthouse. Since it was on the way, they agreed to be interviewed and photographed at the headquarters of VG, a major Norwegian newspaper. "It took 15 minutes that was all we had time for. We didn't think about how the photographer was taking the picture. He just told us to sit on the sofa." Effortlessly cool, then.
    Well at least they don't seem evil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    This probably isn't a good idea
    October 2007
    3,452 Posts
    Well at least they don't seem evil.
    It's got to be god damn depressing being his defence to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,155 Posts
    I don't think it's depressing. I think they fully realized the hopelessness of the case the moment they signed up. Just another day at work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    10,828 Posts
    Naa, at the end of the day they get paid. They don't mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    September 2011
    3,416 Posts
    It can be emotionally straining job, but everyone must be given chance to defend themselfs, it's just how it is.
    As said earlier, for these people it's just another day in the job.

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    The worst part is it's no win, no fee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    This probably isn't a good idea
    October 2007
    3,452 Posts
    It can be emotionally straining job, but everyone must be given chance to defend themselfs, it's just how it is.
    As said earlier, for these people it's just another day in the job.
    Oh, I know they're used to be being defence - it's a legal right after all, and a necessary one. But I doubt Breivik's case is 'just another day in the job' for them.

22. Post #22
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,093 Posts
    look at their faces

none of them really want to be there

that ain't stone faced professionalism that's straight up sadness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    The worst part is it's no win, no fee
    Is it? It is only if you sign up for the case yourself. If you get assigned you get paid by the state or whatever.
    I doubt any lawyer would volunteer because chances to win are really slim, would be a waste of time.

24. Post #24
    July 2009
    6,387 Posts
    How the fuck can you come with with a defense case at all?
    "Your honor, my client is ... um... yeah..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,708 Posts

Had to make it.
    I'd watch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    446 Posts
    Why does that lady have 3 sets of tits
    She ran out of ideas to do with all the money she's making... so she got implants...6 of them.

27. Post #27
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,463 Posts
    Just an FYI before it gets out of hand: defense lawyers do not work to get their clients away with committing a crime. They work to ensure their clients are well informed of their situation, and that their rights in the courtroom, investigation and sentencing are respected. Their job is to act as the counterpoint to the prosecution, through which they uphold the standards of evidence and due process.

The client's guilt is the concern of the prosecution. Their rights are the concern of the defense.

Edited:

That said, these guys look like tools.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,469 Posts
    shut up lankist fuck u
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,849 Posts
    Looks like Beck