1. Post #81
    Oh no, what have I done!
    Dennab
    November 2007
    20,122 Posts
    Xenomorphs invade Pandora.

I would pay 30 bucks for a ticket to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,724 Posts
    Xenomorphs invade Pandora.

I would pay 30 bucks for a ticket to that.
    alien vs blue alien
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #83
    August 2010
    1,287 Posts
    I want a fucking Half-Life 2 movie dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Dumb x 7Agree x 2Late x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,105 Posts
    Am i the only person who really enjoyed avatar
    It made nearly 3 billion at the box office, so yes you are the only person who liked it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

5. Post #85
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    45,550 Posts
    Avatar was so generic and overly-cliched, even for a Hollywood film.

The whole plot felt like it would be from one episode from some Sci-Fi Saturday morning cartoon, not even a "to be continued" or 2 part episode.
    I give it a 6 purely because of the effects really. All it's good for is dramatic eyecandy

thats it

I want a fucking Half-Life 2 movie dammit
    Cameron would fuck it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

6. Post #86
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,454 Posts
    Time to watch Plinkett's review of Avatar again.
    In the end, they're just Garbage Pale Kids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,495 Posts
    I'd rather see District 10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #88
    I'LL NEVER STOP
    Dennab
    July 2008
    2,667 Posts
    I'd prefer it if Cameron bought back the rights to Terminator and started making them again.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,935 Posts
    Does this mean we'll never get a Titanic 2?

10. Post #90
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,023 Posts
    Does this mean we'll never get a Titanic 2?
    Watch it I dare you

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,376 Posts
    the first one had a pretty nature message

but it was so fucking predictable and unlovable at many times

i still love this thing and the floating mountain thingies though

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    January 2012
    1,833 Posts
    I liked Avatar, and if he decided that those are the only movies he wants to make, more power to him. I anticipate more incredible visuals as time progresses, and I didn't mind the story. Sure it was cliche but if you go in expecting it to be the holy grail, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I'll probably see the new movies when they come out because paying a few bucks to see them is more worth my time than complaining about how he is a hack because he isn't doing what I want him to do.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    955 Posts
    I'd rather see District 10
    district 9 was directed by Neill Blomkamp, you dunce. If James cameron made it, the visuals would have been awesome but it would've had an awkward sex scene involving prawn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 4 (list)

14. Post #94
    April 2011
    354 Posts
    But Aliens was the only good thing you ever did you dumb bastard
    true lies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,203 Posts
    district 9 was directed by Neill Blomkamp, you dunce. If James cameron made it, the visuals would have been awesome but it would've had an awkward sex scene involving prawn
    But it did have an awkward sex scene involving the prawn. Remember when he goes in to the burger place and they put up the doctored shot of him on television accusing him of fucking a prawn?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

16. Post #96

August 2007
    309 Posts
    Jesus christ

Am I the only one here who actually liked Avatar?
    I loved it.

17. Post #97
    Spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
    January 2012
    10,018 Posts
    Prawn pron
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    12,697 Posts
    The only thing i liked about the movie was all the cool shit the Humans had. I wouldn't mind a war movie with Avatar humans fighting other Avatar humans.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,204 Posts
    God DAMMIT! I liked Avatar, but does it really need a sequel? The story wrapped itself up better than Mass Effect 3 did. I really wanted Cameron to do another Terminator movie, that series has gone downhill since he abandoned it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,102 Posts
    Maybe this one will have the cat people getting bombed from orbit :V:

21. Post #101
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    463 Posts
    What a waste of a good director.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,048 Posts
    Its not entirely true that he's only going to be working on Avatar projects from now on. He confirmed that even though he's super focused on Avatar right now he's still aiming to make a Battle Angel film at some point. Though it sounds like it might be a while.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/james-camer...e-angel-alita/
    http://blastr.com/2012/05/james-cameron-promises-hi.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    November 2009
    1,320 Posts
    I give it a 6 purely because of the effects really. All it's good for is dramatic eyecandy

thats it

Cameron would fuck it up
    Not as badly as Michael Bay would

24. Post #104
    July 2009
    5,633 Posts
    Also relevant:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Uruguay Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,925 Posts
    If he's only making Avatar movies from now on, I hope this means he'll be taking his time with each one so they don't turn out crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,259 Posts
    He's turning into a sort of self-contained EA, except it's avatar instead of call of duty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #107
    lady godiva's giant vaginas
    May 2005
    1,896 Posts
    Come on Cameron you can do more than just Avatars. You gave us Titanic and other cool movies like Terminator and The Abyss.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,428 Posts
    By the time Avatar 4 comes around, no one is going to give a shit.

Way to lower your standards. I'm never buying another one of your movies.

Edited:

District 9's visuals were just as good as Avatar's, if not better.

Avatar was just so stupidly over the top with its CGI that it ended up looking fake. District 9 was minimalistic with it, which ends up looking a thousand times better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    Dennab
    August 2009
    3,835 Posts
    I still think of Avatar as one of the best looking movies ever made. But the only way you could enjoy it is in a large cinema in 3D. The novelty of that is now gone. Everyone uses 3D today, and we've already seen 2 and a half hours of Pandora. The sequels are going to have to be driven by story. Which I don't see going down very well.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,116 Posts
    Prawn pron
    Shrimp cocktail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,515 Posts
    His documentaries are pretty good.
    A Pandora documentary would be cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112

January 2010
    367 Posts
    Avatar was honestly the only movie I fell asleep to. Jesus fuck it was boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,116 Posts
    Avatar was honestly the only movie I fell asleep to. Jesus fuck it was boring.
    Michael Bay generation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    DANCE YOU FOOLS
    November 2007
    2,170 Posts
    You guys remember when there were actually people getting a case of what psychologists actually called the "Avatar Blues"? People would go to the movie, watch it, then get all depressed and bitch about how humanity is a collective pile of shit staining the pure, green Earth and how their life sucks, etc.

A friend of mine told me he knew someone who watched the movie at least eight times. While it was still in theaters. Her wallet must have reaaalllyyy hurt afterword.

Still, I liked the movie, although I could literally predict what was going to happen in the plot. If they can get some decent writers then fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    July 2007
    67 Posts
    He's turning into a sort of self-contained EA, except it's avatar instead of call of duty.
    You gave me the horrible view of a future where the only movies are avatar and the only games made are call of duty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #116

January 2010
    367 Posts
    Michael Bay generation.
    No. His Transformers were shit.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,175 Posts
    Pocohontas in Space 2 : Electric Boogaloo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    March 2012
    1,401 Posts
    Avatar 2: Journey to a New World

39. Post #119
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,326 Posts
    You basically have to be retarded to not see how Avatar is a blatant rehash of Pocahontas. People were noting it long before that image came about.

No shit it's not a scene for scene copy, but it still follows the exact same structure and characters and premise and and and and and...

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,382 Posts
    You basically have to be retarded to not see how Avatar is a blatant rehash of Pocahontas. People were noting it long before that image came about.

No shit it's not a scene for scene copy, but it still follows the exact same structure and characters and premise and and and and and...
    That kind of story has always been done to death, even when Pocahontas came out it was overused
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)