1. Post #601
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    1,343 Posts
    Implicit returns is an interesting idea. What happens if you just make a function that's a single line with a semicolon?
    returns Null
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,748 Posts
    AP CS part 2 was a complete joke, the only slightly difficult part was the time limit for part 1 with so many code segments to analyze.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #603
    Pass along
    May 2008
    3,113 Posts
    returns Null
    shouldn't it rather return nil? Makes more sense imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,721 Posts
    AP CS part 2 was a complete joke, the only slightly difficult part was the time limit for part 1 with so many code segments to analyze.
    Welcome to AP CS. What was the part 2 this year?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,409 Posts
    has nothing to do with porting to glsl. the 360 uses a different token stream format for compiled hlsl shaders. i ran into this roadblock while researching whether or not xna projects compiled for 360 were portable to windows.

on the topic of ue3, shaders would be irrelevant if you also had to deal with custom native bindings in the game's scripts.
    Ah, I was unaware that they were in a different format. I assumed they were compiled like PC shaders, at which point that would have helped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,296 Posts
    3D font rendering in LuaCraft, easy :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Programming King x 20Friendly x 1Informative x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    www.bff-hab.de
    February 2009
    7,638 Posts
    3D font rendering in LuaCraft, easy :D

Is this the only font available? Or are there smoother fonts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #608
    Hates php
    May 2006
    2,377 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

9. Post #609
    open.gl
    February 2007
    6,848 Posts

Machine code is so easy. I want to write a library that compiles an explicit mathematical function (e.g. y=x^2+5x) to a native function so that it can be executed very fast for drawing a graph or numerically solving it. The code you see above was my first attempt at trying to do something with the FPU. In a later stage, I may also implement SSE instructions as optimization. The library will work on both Windows and Linux, but will probably only support 32-bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Programming King Programming King x 10 (list)

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,322 Posts
    Overv, you should try Sublime Text 2 on Ubuntu. Report back!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #611
    open.gl
    February 2007
    6,848 Posts
    Good idea! I almost forgot it doesn't just run on Windows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 9 (list)

12. Post #612
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,465 Posts
    Microsoft have totally backpeddaled on VS11

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio...ing-in-rc.aspx

I actually quite like the look of it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    Microsoft have totally backpeddaled on VS11

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio...ing-in-rc.aspx

I actually quite like the look of it now
    Ow, all caps menu titles. I really wish they wouldn't do that.

Edited:

Otherwise that is pretty nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

14. Post #614
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,465 Posts

Edited:

Otherwise that is pretty nice.
    I agree but its better than the horrible mess they were going to give us

I seriously want to punch whoever thought all grey with grey icons was a great idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    I seriously want to punch whoever thought all grey with grey icons was a great idea
    Isn't the whole point of Win8 Metro and grey icons

Edited:

Ie. Windows 8 designers probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #616
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    Does it have intellisense?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,027 Posts
    Geany is my favourite editor on Linux; I don't understand the Sublime hype.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #618
    Programming King and Most Patient Member 2013
    December 2008
    1,512 Posts

Machine code is so easy. I want to write a library that compiles an explicit mathematical function (e.g. y=x^2+5x) to a native function so that it can be executed very fast for drawing a graph or numerically solving it. The code you see above was my first attempt at trying to do something with the FPU. In a later stage, I may also implement SSE instructions as optimization. The library will work on both Windows and Linux, but will probably only support 32-bit.
    I was thinking of compiling to glsl and rendering to a 1D buffer of the function values. Graphing would benefit from that sort of parallelism, and it wouldn't be difficult to get a parser or compiler spitting out glsl instead of an AST or bytecode. If I ever get back to my graphed I'll probably give that a go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #619
    November 2011
    76 Posts
    Wee! Submitted my first (completed) application for review on the Ubuntu Software Center:

Time to fix some mac specific bugs and submit it to apple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    1,343 Posts

oh god what have I done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #621
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    3,878 Posts
    This was their latest biggest complaint, and I thought it was pretty worthless feedback. The latest revision looks pretty solid now, and even before that it wasn't all that bad.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,322 Posts
    It's compatible with Linux, Mac and Windows, as well as being in active development with short release cycles.
    It has tons of community support.
    It looks good and runs fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #623
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,103 Posts

oh god what have I done
    what the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #624
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    1,343 Posts
    what the fuck
    oh god turb the weird is spreading to other functionality
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

25. Post #625
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,103 Posts
    oh god turb the weird is spreading to other functionality
    that's retarded though, just make the if statement evaluate to whatever the branch it took evaluated to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

26. Post #626
    May 2011
    73 Posts
    Completely agree. The first question was a single line? Seriously?
    The time limit got me on the first part though. I did the last few questions without checking my work over.

27. Post #627
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    1,343 Posts
    that's retarded though, just make the if statement evaluate to whatever the branch it took evaluated to
    I don't think this is supposed to happen.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

28. Post #628
    open.gl
    February 2007
    6,848 Posts
    Geany seems really good, I'll start using that right away. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #629
    July 2009
    5,633 Posts
    Kate is the best editor I've used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Uruguay Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,114 Posts
    Does anybody use notepad++ or am I alone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #631
    HQRSE FUCKER
    September 2009
    2,242 Posts
    For scripting languages, yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #632
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    3,878 Posts
    I used to use it all the time until the Sublime Text 2 bandwagon took off on Facepunch, and now I spend all my days on that sexy piece of programming.

I use it for scripting and markup, covers more of my work than anything else I figure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    8,332 Posts
    GVim master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #634
    July 2009
    5,633 Posts
    Only when I'm on Windows, because all the Qt applications don't show the 'l' in any text.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Uruguay Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #635
    January 2008
    371 Posts
    GVim master race
    I was lost in shell vim land, but then I was found. All of a sudden, slate was the sexiest piece of syntax highlighting scheme to ever touch these ignorant eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,632 Posts
    I found out i dont need those fancy shit.

Edited:

should i be using 4spaces for python or is tabs fine?

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,793 Posts
    GVim master race
    xterm -e vim

I don't like the menus in gvim so I don't see the point in using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    142 Posts
    I never could understand how some people prefer the CLI-based editors. I can never get used to them no matter how hard I try :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    June 2005
    76 Posts
    Just made an Android app for checking for Garry's Mod beta keys.

It can also check in the background and give you a notification if there are any.

It's on the market here if you'd like to try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,614 Posts
    I never could understand how some people prefer the CLI-based editors. I can never get used to them no matter how hard I try :(
    Have you used Vim?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)