1. Post #1121
    September 2011
    1,672 Posts
    I ran Morrowind in Administrative mode and changed the resolution, then closed it.

But MGE-XE still claims it can't find a registry file.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

2. Post #1122
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,663 Posts
    I could take that further and say that the destruction of the one advanced race on Tamriel is pretty representative of where the technology in the TES fiction is supposed to settle. In most TES games, any investigation into a major Dwemer piece of technology or history involves a lot of plot build-up, and usually ends without much information being gleaned. Through all of Morrowind, we never got an unambiguous answer as to how the dwarves disappeared, the major piece of Dwemer technology was a gauntlet, and some puzzle boxes. In Skyrim, you got another puzzle box and a one-off elder scroll. Hell, even the airship turned out to be dysfunctional.

They were never like, HERE'S A DWEMER JETPACK HAVE FUN. So don't make a fuss about me not liking their weird plot contrivance of the Thalmor using airships to get around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1123
    September 2011
    1,672 Posts
    I could take that further and say that the destruction of the one advanced race on Tamriel is pretty representative of where the technology in the TES fiction is supposed to settle. In most TES games, any investigation into a major Dwemer piece of technology or history involves a lot of plot build-up, and usually ends without much information being gleaned. Through all of Morrowind, we never got an unambiguous answer as to how the dwarves disappeared, the major piece of Dwemer technology was a gauntlet, and some puzzle boxes. In Skyrim, you got another puzzle box and a one-off elder scroll. Hell, even the airship turned out to be dysfunctional.

They were never like, HERE'S A DWEMER JETPACK HAVE FUN. So don't make a fuss about me not liking their weird plot contrivance of the Thalmor using airships to get around.
    Dwemer died out because they were the TES equivalent of mad scientist. They went to far with their experiments (see tribunal) and got themselves killed by it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #1124
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    8,570 Posts
    I played it. The level design is pretty awesome, and the new creatures are pretty functional and cool.
    But like every quest mod, the voice acting is drawing from a pool of shit. It made me cringe- hard. Also, dwemer "airships" kill my lore boner. People just use the Dwemer as a license to justify all their wacky, bad ideas.
    There's a dwemer airship in bloodmoon, they're canon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,663 Posts
    Dwemer died out because they were the TES equivalent of mad scientist. They went to far with their experiments (see tribunal) and got themselves killed by it.
    Yeah, but no one exactly knows what Kagrenac was up to- whether they died or if they simply achieved apotheosis. All of books in the lore have conflicting accounts about what happened in the Red Moment.

6. Post #1126
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,823 Posts
    Yeah, but no one exactly knows what Kagrenac was up to- whether they died or if they simply achieved apotheosis. All of books in the lore have conflicting accounts about what happened in the Red Moment.
    Maybe Azura in her eternal crabbiness decided to smite them.

Mini image dump:

These were all taken at different times on different characters despite the fact that it's raining in all of them.   And I was chugging along at 20 FPS or less in all of them, too. That damn grass ENB bug needs to be fixed, it kills FPS like no tomorrow.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1127
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,051 Posts
    The game decided to make me eat my own words when I said "Skyrim is running with little to no problems for me," a while back. Out of nowhere, I'm getting that stupid thing where I crash to desktop without a single error message. The game just closes.

EDIT:

Scratch that, it was a mod's fault. I downloaded the Leveler's Tower which causes constant CTDs. Skyrims back to normal after uninstalling that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #1128
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,823 Posts
    Okay, honestly, since when does Skyrim have Raymen?

I guess they aren't a one-time glitch. I have no idea where these guys came from or why they have orc voices. No idea what mod they could be added by unless it's some kind of joke feature like the mudcrab in WATER. They're also both named "Bat" for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,282 Posts
    Pretty sure the main conclusion is that when he tapped the heart, all Dwemer on Nirn    Became the Numidiums skin. Shiny.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1130
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1175
    This is a good uncapper, without tweaking it increases the max skill level to 300, but it isn't a ridiculous exponential advantage, you can tweak it's .ini really easily, and change the values, so if you wanted you could set them all back to 100, and change the rate at which they level. Think smithing is too fast? Tweak it to .25 times leveling rate! It's actually quite good. I personally have all skills set to 400 max, and even at well over 100 alchemy for example, I can't just make like restore 12000 health potions, it seems well balanced for what it does. I was a bit skeptical, but it's well done. Made by Elys, same as the Oblivion Elys Uncapper.
    I had that problem aswell, I don't get why the mod insists on giving you loads of smithing experience.

11. Post #1131
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,850 Posts
    walked into whiterun
    start attacking guards
    everyone calls to arms
    'werewolf! werewolf!'
    i am a vampire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

12. Post #1132
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    9,970 Posts
    Pretty sure the main conclusion is that when he tapped the heart, all Dwemer on Nirn    Became the Numidiums skin. Shiny.   
    I thought they    were banished out of time by the divines.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

13. Post #1133
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,132 Posts
    I'm re-installing Skyrim (again), any other mods I should get aside from these?
    The Chronicles of Steel
    Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel
    JaySuS Swords
    Weapons of the Third Era MoS edition
    Realistic Lighting With Customization
    WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
    Skyrim Monster Mod (Not sure about this one.)
    Winter Is Coming - Cloaks
    Town Guards armor retexture
    Diverse Guards Skyrim
    Lore Friendly Armor Pack
    Omegared99 - Armor Compilation
    Masters of Death - Rise of the Brotherhood

If anyone knows something that'll make magic worthwhile please do tell, and yes I am aware of the leveled list conflicts, I'll use wrye to bash to remedy that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

14. Post #1134
    April 2012
    631 Posts
    That particular glowing ball looked just insanly awesome. The place somewhat reminded me of Myst and Riven.
    Fusrodah it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1135
    April 2011
    565 Posts
    So I bought morrowind game of the year edition on steam when it was on sale. I'm thinking of installing the morrowindoverhaul mod because I'm slightly spoiled when it comes down to graphics. Aside from a graphic overhaul, what other mods are pretty much required [fan made patches for instance]. I want to play the game with as much vanilla as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    6,582 Posts
    Fusrodah it
    Holy fuck, I need to get there now. Does somethins special happen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #1137
    April 2012
    631 Posts
    I dont know just do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

18. Post #1138
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    This mod really helps to fix the equipment feeling so linear and ambiguous. I heartily recommend it! It adds so much, and really helps the game to feel more varied, it's a huge addition, without unbalancing things or adding jiggly triple k tits.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2933

Holy fuck those are some ludicrously beautiful swords.

Not that I'd mind some jiggly tripple k tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #1139
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,581 Posts
    How can i delete all mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

20. Post #1140
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    How can i delete all mods?
    If you have mods that doesn't just use an .esp file I believe you can remove your data folder, start skyrim from steam and it will redownload the default files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #1141
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    13,594 Posts
    technically you can't offically delete all mods entirely, as things like scripts are saved in your savegame, not with the mod files

So if any mods you are using uses scripts, the scripts will still run and exist after the mod is uninstalled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    so i stopped playing skyrim like three months ago

i picked it back up again today and all my saves were gone :(

and i don't remember how to play. any thoughts on what builds to create? i like me some bows.

23. Post #1143
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    10,268 Posts

and i don't remember how to play. any thoughts on what builds to create? i like me some bows.
    Heavy armor + archery = nothing can kill you (including fall damage) and you kill everything.

24. Post #1144
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    well that's no fun :(

my last character was professor meowington. i totally exploited the crafting/alchemy loop, created daedric gauntlets with max armor, then with some other enchantments i created an unarmed khajit that could one shot most enemies. fun times.

25. Post #1145
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,554 Posts
    Heavy armor + archery = nothing can kill you (including fall damage) and you kill everything.
    also heavy armor + sneak = being able to kill people with sharpened toothpicks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    i kind of want to make something revolving around the atronach stone

so many possibilities

27. Post #1147
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    6,349 Posts
    I like to sneak around sniping with a bow, then pulling out the sword when I get caught. It's pretty much how I've played all TES games. However, it's also kind of Easy Mode once you get high in Sneak and Archery and have the right perks for both (meaning, all of them).

28. Post #1148
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    6,599 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #1149
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    17,420 Posts
    anymmorpgthatwasevercreated.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,051 Posts
    Holy fuck, I need to get there now. Does somethins special happen?
    Did you do it yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #1151
    July 2008
    527 Posts
    Wait, skin? Why the skin, exactly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #1152
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

33. Post #1153
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    16,145 Posts
    BATTLETITS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

34. Post #1154
    Gold Member

May 2005
    4,409 Posts

do an armorless assassin. instead of using bows, download the throwing weapons mod. Max out alchemy, and sneak past as many enemies as you can.

alternatively, download a mod that lets you make greybeard robes/use voice recharge enchants, and make a thu'um master.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

35. Post #1155
    April 2012
    631 Posts
    also heavy armor + sneak = being able to kill people with sharpened toothpicks
    Does the wheightless perk effect sneak?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

36. Post #1156
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    I can't download mods I'm on Xbox :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

37. Post #1157
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,282 Posts
    Wait, skin? Why the skin, exactly?
    Because the frame, the skeleton was already built, the Heart was going to be it's core, a battery if you will. Basically they were making a god with their own hands.

38. Post #1158
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    I'm thinking a character in touch with nature like a pacifist...alchemy, conjuration, illusion...wonder if I can do it without killing anyone. Any thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

39. Post #1159
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,454 Posts
    Maybe one of you gents can give me a hand with this.

I'm installing all of my mods on a fresh install of Skyrim, and I came across a snag.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9557

It doesn't work. It loads, and everything, but it just... doesn't do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

40. Post #1160
    ESP turned on?

I had a similar issue with the Oblivion alternate start, didn't find a fix for that either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events