1. Post #1161
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    What the fuck. I try to install the latest patch and it sails along smoothly until it hits 78%. After which my computer starts to bag down until Windows becomes a slideshow and eventually dies. (Task manager takes 15 minutes to pop up)

Edited:

If you guys have any ideas it would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #1162

July 2011
    2,094 Posts

picture from tribes forum

my deal

this daily deal stuff is crap
    at least give everyone the same %
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1163
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,652 Posts
    oh god, i wish i had my gold now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #1164
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    Does Daily Deal affect Gold only?

Or does it affect exp costs too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1165
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,832 Posts
    Tartar sauce.

Me likey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1166
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts

Glod only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1167
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    Gold only.
    Well then it's totally useless to me. vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #1168

July 2011
    2,094 Posts

hirez™
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1169
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    hirez™
    That's true. Hirez is as generous as Scrooge McDuck.

What the fuck. I try to install the latest patch and it sails along smoothly until it hits 78%. After which my computer starts to bag down until Windows becomes a slideshow and eventually dies. (Task manager takes 15 minutes to pop up)

Edited:

If you guys have any ideas it would be appreciated.
    So 5 computer restarts later and I have no idea on how to stop this. As soon as I open the launcher it checks for updates and starts the inevitable journey to a crash. If I pull my LAN cable then the Launcher says I have no internet connection and doesn't let me do anything with the diagnostics tool.

Guess I'll just have to reinstall the game completely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #1170
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,752 Posts

20 Minutes of mucking around in photoshop. Dunno, I think it's cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

11. Post #1171
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    The installer that is linked on the Tribes Ascend main page asked if I wanted to install Global Agenda.

What the fuck Hirez

Edited:

Hirez's uninstill tool did such a poor job of removing Ascend that their multi-game install tool thinks that it's still installed.

Looks like I won't be playing Ascend for awhile. There we go. Just had to manually remove registry keys that it left behind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,397 Posts
    40% off the Falcon, too bad I dont play SEN at all

Edited:

wtf is this "CUSTOM LOADOUT" bs
    can you not modify your clases anymore during matches??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #1173
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,832 Posts
    40% off the Falcon, too bad I dont play SEN at all

Edited:

wtf is this "CUSTOM LOADOUT" bs
    can you not modify your clases anymore during matches??
    "let me just modify settings during a huge comp match that decides the match outcome for several minutes while their cappers are hot on our flag"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Zing Zing x 2 (list)

14. Post #1174
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,397 Posts
    yeah but did they remove the functionality to actually modify your loadout during matches (cant check it because my tribes doesn't like being played)

and anyway, it takes, what, all of 5 seconds to change your weapons and nades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #1175
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    yeah but did they remove the functionality to actually modify your loadout during matches (cant check it because my tribes doesn't like being played)
    No they didn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #1176
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,822 Posts
    That's true. Hirez is as generous as Scrooge McDuck.
    They made an entire game and gave you access to all the features for free (albeit with a longer unlock time than someone who pays) and you call them ungenerous for reducing the cost of something? God forbid they actually, you know, get paid to make games so you can enjoy them! How selfish of them to want money for work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177
    ktr
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    357 Posts
    Man, I wish they go back to the old UI imo. It takes way too many clicks to navigate, especially with this custom loadout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #1178
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,397 Posts
    use the hotekeys on the numpad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1179
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,718 Posts
    They made an entire game and gave you access to all the features for free (albeit with a longer unlock time than someone who pays) and you call them ungenerous for reducing the cost of something? God forbid they actually, you know, get paid to make games so you can enjoy them! How selfish of them to want money for work!
    Charging $10 per gun (even the iconic Spinfuser was $10 at one point) is absurd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,752 Posts
    If you want to keep your sanity don't watch the machinima tribes stream. It hurts.

21. Post #1181
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,832 Posts
    I wish the new inventory thing let you press "9, 9" to just choose your first brute loadout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #1182
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,732 Posts
    I wish the new inventory thing let you press "9, 9" to just choose your first brute loadout.
    I want the simple Disguise Kit menu from TF2.

1 for light classes
    2 for medium classes
    3 for heavy classes

Then 1, 2 and 3 again for the specified class. Fast and simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    ⑨
    August 2010
    3,423 Posts
    I want the simple Disguise Kit menu from TF2.

1 for light classes
    2 for medium classes
    3 for heavy classes

Then 1, 2 and 3 again for the specified class. Fast and simple.
    or you could just press numpad1-9...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,569 Posts
    The other option is better for classed based systems in my opinion, but it goes down to preference really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #1185
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,399 Posts
    The trouble with that is that you now have to press 9-1 to pick brute for example, which as easy as it sounds is difficult to do without looking at all

I prefer the simple 1-3 system because I can't read my keys with my fingers to know I'm hitting 9 and not - or *
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1186
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,569 Posts

why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,605 Posts
    The trouble with that is that you now have to press 9-1 to pick brute for example, which as easy as it sounds is difficult to do without looking at all

I prefer the simple 1-3 system because I can't read my keys with my fingers to know I'm hitting 9 and not - or *
    Doesn't your keyboard have a tactile bump on the 5? Makes it really easy to know what you're pressing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

28. Post #1188
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,399 Posts
    Doesn't your keyboard have a tactile bump on the 5? Makes it really easy to know what you're pressing.
    Yeah, unfortunately that requires me to find the 5 key

What's so wrong about something that could be optional anyway, it's optional in tf2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,929 Posts
    The Mirving was good but that driver was amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

30. Post #1190
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,985 Posts
    are loadout slots worth getting?
    I expected them to be free, but lately I have been complaining about not being able to change my raider loadout quickly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

31. Post #1191
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,732 Posts
    Fuck no, another classy post of you.

If you use the 1-3 sistem you just press for example 1-2-3 if you want to play sentinel (Light class-sentinel-loadout number 3) and with that you dont have to move your right hand from the mouse or your left hand from the wasd keys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,605 Posts
    you dont have to move your right hand from the mouse or your left hand from the wasd keys.
    how is that even possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #1193
    ⑨
    August 2010
    3,423 Posts
    Fuck no, another classy post of you.

If you use the 1-3 sistem you just press for example 1-2-3 if you want to play sentinel (Light class-sentinel-loadout number 3) and with that you dont have to move your right hand from the mouse or your left hand from the wasd keys.
    and if you use the 1-9 system you can just instantly press the class you want to play as instead of having to press the armor type then the class then the loadout.

Edited:

maybe if you learned the layout of your keyboard you wouldnt have to fumble with the numpad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

34. Post #1194
    Equal Moderator
    April 2005
    3,981 Posts
    Are you idiots seriously bitching each other out over a UI thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #1195
    ⑨
    August 2010
    3,423 Posts
    no thats just what it appears to be i promise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

36. Post #1196
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,399 Posts
    are loadout slots worth getting?
    I expected them to be free, but lately I have been complaining about not being able to change my raider loadout quickly
    They're so cheap that it's not such a big deal

Especially since there's not really many classes where loadouts matter

37. Post #1197
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,832 Posts
    For our team:

Hello team captains,

I hope all is going well for each of you. Signups for the Newbloods Tournament are nearing a close here in just a handful of days. I know many of you are interested in scrimming and improving your game as much as possible before we go live on the 20th. As such, I'm hoping to pair as many teams as possible up with a pro mentor. The idea is that the mentors will be able to provide you with some drills you might be able to run within your team, show your individual position players a few tricks, and provide general advice leading up to the tournament. They won't be able to play for you in the tournament, but they can provide you with some expert advice before the matches begin!

But, we want to make sure we aren't wasting anyone's time. So we are only matching full teams (at least 8 players) with pros. So, I would like each of you to send me your current rosters as soon as possible. This doesn't need to be your final roster, by any stretch, but it should be the most up to date and realistic roster you have available. If you don't have enough people to fill out a team, let us know that too and we will do what we can to help you.

Get in those rosters and we will get you matched with a pro mentor as soon as possible!
    Already sent us in so don't worry.

38. Post #1198
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,822 Posts
    Charging $10 per gun (even the iconic Spinfuser was $10 at one point) is absurd.
    But don't forget you could also have unlocked it for free, had you played it long enough

39. Post #1199
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,652 Posts
    this update fucked up br servers when server changes the map everyone pings goes to 400
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1200
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,732 Posts
    and if you use the 1-9 system you can just instantly press the class you want to play as instead of having to press the armor type then the class then the loadout.

Edited:

maybe if you learned the layout of your keyboard you wouldnt have to fumble with the numpad.
    No going to waste a talk with you I would say is just a metter of opinion and taste.

Edited:

this update fucked up br servers when server changes the map everyone pings goes to 400
    Yes, lag spikes are back for me too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events