1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,865 Posts
    The nova blaster is pretty good indoors, in gen rooms and all. If you miss, it simply bounces off the walls and hits the target again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

2. Post #1962

July 2011
    2,094 Posts
    nova blaster is pretty good for everything

once you get used to the projectile speed, it gets really easy and fun to use
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,732 Posts
    nova blaster is pretty good for everything

once you get used to the projectile speed, it gets really easy and fun to use
    I love the "PEW PEW PEW" sound of that little lovin' thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,601 Posts
    wow the new update is actually pretty fair and balanced

Edited:

and now the plasma rifle is actually ok!

holy shit what's happened to hirez?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #1965
    August 2007
    541 Posts
    Just tried out the gladiator. I got 2 back to back airmails on some pathies at the start of the match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1966
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts
    So... are all matches 24/7 gen room party now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    my team will be playing the first game of the newbloods tournament tonight at 9 pm eastern.

we are requesting tribescast to stream and commentate it, but if that doesn't go through we will be having our capper and our hof stream.

www.twitch.tv/tribescast
    www.twitch.tv/minihandz
    www.twitch.tv/nightmaresiege
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    4,874 Posts
    yea never understand why they just dont say "Jackal got its damage reduced from X to Y"
    Because the damage works on a gradient. It doesn't always do X damage. You could use the direct hit damage for X and Y but that doesn't really represent it best. Better to use a percentage that applies to the entire damage scale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1969
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,178 Posts
    my team will be playing the first game of the newbloods tournament tonight at 9 pm eastern.

we are requesting tribescast to stream and commentate it, but if that doesn't go through we will be having our capper and our hof stream.

www.twitch.tv/tribescast
    www.twitch.tv/minihandz
    good luck~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #1970
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,828 Posts

www.twitch.tv/tribescast
    www.twitch.tv/minihandz
    I hope you lose win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,173 Posts
    wow the new update is actually pretty fair and balanced

Edited:

and now the plasma rifle is actually ok!

holy shit what's happened to hirez?!

It was the same way with global agenda. Things got progressively better balanced when updates came out as time went on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1972
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts
    I'm disappointed that they aren't any skins for the Brute. Instead of the normal "merc with no helmet" they could have given him a disco suit. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1973
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,828 Posts
    Goofy skins are the best way to make money in this game, fuck the lore, If it means I can see a raving brute alongside a tuxedo doombringer I don't care.

Also the gladiator is ridiculously underpowered comparatively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #1974
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,652 Posts
    i dont have gladiator unlocked or even the brute. but based on training tests cant see why someone would use that instead of heavyfusor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

15. Post #1975
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,732 Posts
    I'm disappointed that they aren't any skins for the Brute. Instead of the normal "merc with no helmet" they could have given him a disco suit. :(
    I just want a huge afro and sunglasses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts
    i dont have gladiator unlocked or even the brute. but based on training tests cant see why someone would use that instead of heavyfusor
    I can see a million reasons why you'd use the plasma cannon over the auto shotty/colt though.

Edited:

Two primaries!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    298 Posts
    The buffed Rage perk seems to be a bit glitchy at the moment.
    I was standing right on the Raindance flag stand and it only activated at 1/3 of the flag grabs.
    Once or twice it didn't activate when I was jetting straight up to the flag stand so perhaps you have to always have vision of the flag for it to even activate.
    Nontheless the mass reduction is incredible for chasing every single sub 200 flag carrier that somehow managed to grab your flag with a back to front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

18. Post #1978
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,714 Posts
    I can see a million reasons why you'd use the plasma cannon over the auto shotty/colt though.
    You can? Because I can't.

The thing about the secondaries is that they are good for picking off flying targets that are harassing you, fleeing targets, or finishing off wounded targets. Why would you want to have two guns equipped that both fulfill the same role?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1979
    October 2011
    1,430 Posts
    I want to change the tribes ascend music with the Tribes 2 music.
    Anyone got an idea how to do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Montenegro Show Events

20. Post #1980
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    stream is up.

www.twitch.tv/tribescast

21. Post #1981
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,267 Posts
    Got my first team kill with a perfect orbital

I think it killed 8 of the heavies who were defending the stand and the gen entrance.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,732 Posts
    You can? Because I can't.

The thing about the secondaries is that they are good for picking off flying targets that are harassing you, fleeing targets, or finishing off wounded targets. Why would you want to have two guns equipped that both fulfill the same role?
    And you just explain why I dont change the nova colt. Hitscan finishing off is pretty sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

23. Post #1983
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,377 Posts
    Got one of my friends to start playing this game with a referral code, and joined a match they were in. It was full of a bunch of new players all below rank 5. I had fun raping the enemy team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    game is done, my team did a ridiculous amount of bullshit by not knowing how to hold onto the flag during standoff.

25. Post #1985
    January 2009
    1,024 Posts

Edited:

Two primaries!
    Except two primaries are most likely never a good idea since they fill the same role, having one primary and a finisher is usually the best combination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,673 Posts
    I'm finding out that the playing as Sentinel is heavily reliant on having a good ping. The internet where I'm at can be really inconsistent and once the ping starts to rise it gets a lot harder to hit things. The Nova Colt is affected especially because then there is a delay between when you shoot and where the projectile actually fires.

27. Post #1987
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts
    Played for a bit, saw one guy using the gladiator and plasma cannon. And he had lower score than all the other brutes.

28. Post #1988
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,703 Posts
    I'm rolling plasma cannon and Heavy 'fusor right now, It's working out rather well, The plasma cannon is good for up close and personal due to smaller splash radius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #1989
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,875 Posts
    Im thinking of getting back into tribes
    Did they ever nerf my beloved Thumper?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1990
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    10,688 Posts
    This is the first time I've played after and update and not been hugely raped by people with new weapons.
    This is enjoyable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #1991
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts
    Nope.

32. Post #1992
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    14,805 Posts
    I wish I wasn't too busy to get a few rounds in on the new update. I'm definitely going to make use of those hours I should be sleeping in tonight.

Anyway, just wanted to ask, are there any busy Tribes 2 or Vengeance servers in Australia? I want to give them a shot, but I don't want to download the game and find it dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #1993
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,875 Posts
    excellent.
    Now, to fix my right click cutting out all the time, and I shall once again be one with the shaz.

34. Post #1994
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    6,739 Posts
    I'm rather sure I've read 3% damage reduction on the technician's Thumper in a patch some time ago
    Before the infiltrator updates I'm sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

35. Post #1995

July 2011
    2,094 Posts
    It still one shots lights thats all I know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

36. Post #1996
    Mud
    Cute Member
    April 2010
    4,466 Posts
    I don't know why I made this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #1997
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    10,688 Posts

No Infiltrator, that is not yours. Give it back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

38. Post #1998
    November 2010
    1,893 Posts
    I wish the website was online so I can join and play this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

39. Post #1999
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,387 Posts
    I wish the website was online so I can join and play this.
    You could sign up through my referral link once the site comes back online. You know, i-if you want to or whatever~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #2000
    Missy Q
    June 2005
    12,714 Posts

No Infiltrator, that is not yours. Give it back.

No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)