1. Post #1
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts

There is no slot limitation on any of these other then the hard limits on the order page.

How do I get my free stuff?

Currently we are out of stock on the free servers - please read this post for details.

You must have at least 500 posts - if you do not have this amount, do not bother - you will be ignored.
    This limit used to be 250, but due to the amount of requests I've increased the limit - also as this was to give back to the Facepunch community, it didn't feel right to be giving out services to people with 100-200 posts as they really haven't contributed at all to this community.

850 posts are required for the Germany location

Please only select the slot count that you expect to get used.
    Please don't select 64 slots if you're only going to use 4. Common sense. I can upgrade you if requested via ticket so there is no reason to get a 64 slot server if you don't need it.

Depending on what gameserver you want, click on the link below. Type in your Facepunch username when asked and then PM me here with your order number (or email used). Regarding the web hosting, you can also get this with your game service - it is not needed for FastDL however as that is included by default.

Garry's Mod
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Team-Fortress 2
    Killing Foor

And of course,

Web Hosting

Note: The games mentioned above, but not linked are still supported - however you will have to PM me if you want one instead of ordering first.

IMPORTANT - HOW TO KEEP YOUR SERVER ACTIVE:

While there was no official requirements prior to this, I've had a lot of requests (a lot of them) and it makes no sense to give you a server if you're not even going to use it... so let me explain how to keep your service active:

What to do:

1) Have players on. I don't mind if you don't have a large player base, but at least take the time to join your own server every day or two for a couple of hours.

2) try to get a active community going.

3) Follow rule 1.

What not to do:

1) Don't have a empty server all the time.

2) Don't ask for a server if you just want a test server

Do I have to use my real information?

No, you do not have to use real, valid details - this means you can use a fake name. However, as we use a fraud system please at least enter in your real city/state and do not use a VPN. I'd also appreciate it if you used a real email, if you do not use a real email address the login details for your game server will not reach you.

Do you offer support for the free stuff?

Yes. You can submit a ticket, open a live chat or use the below details:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/paradox/
    Email: tyler@elpishost.com

Why are you doing this?

I've been a member of Facepunch for a while now - I spent a great deal of time here when I was a teenager and wanted to give back to the community. I honestly do not mind giving out these services, and it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

You're not really giving out free services, right? You'll just force us to pay for them later on.

While I can understand your skepticism, that is incorrect. I will not force you to start paying for these services later on down the road. While I can't guarantee these will operate forever (since you never know what could happen regarding anything in life), I will do my best to ensure you have at the very least thirty days of advanced notice if I ever need to take them offline permanently for any reason. You will never get a email saying "hey, you enjoyed your service! Now you have to pay for it!".

That being said, if you want to support me in this endeavor you can purchase a paid service or open a ticket requesting your free server become a paid server.

If these are free they must have really bad performance!

Uh, no. All of these nodes run on the latest hardware ranging from E3-1230 V2's to E3-1270 V2's and I don't stuff these boxes to the brim. I'm not making guarantees about x or x but I pride myself on offering quality service and I feel uncomfortable with any form of overselling, even if it's a free service.

I can't make any guarantees that your server will be lag free on Garry's Mod as the game is heavily CPU dependent on the simplest things. That being said, if you are a competent server administrator and you know how to optimize your gamemode and server settings the world is the limit.

Example, while a 64 slot Sandbox server will likely be completely unplayable - 32 slots is not out of the question (see here). And for TTT, you can easily expect 50 players if not 64 or more ( see here (update here) ).

I hear you run Linux, that's a terrible OS for Garry's Mod! No wonder you are offering free Garry's Mod servers!

The only current issue with Linux is that some developers still will not support it and some mods/addons have issues with case sensitivity. This is something that the developers could more then likely easily fix, but there hasn't been much demand for Linux as the market is still largely based around windows.

In other news, the world is flat and the the earth is the center of the universe. Linux Garry's Mod servers are fully functional, and while it may still need some polish for the most part everything performs correctly - and in some cases even better - then it's windows counterpart.

If you run into issues, please contact the developer so they can add support for Linux. And if they refuse to, it's more then likely that the developer has stopped development for the mod or is too lazy to fix it - in which case, find a better mod. There are thousands out there.

Can I ask for anything else not listed?

I'm open to any requests. Make sure to word the request properly and include what you think will convince me to provide you with what you want for free. It doesn't take much - just make it look good and make it seem like you are smart. If I think you didn't spend any effort at all in the request, I likely will not even bother replying to it.

Just a couple of days ago for example someone needed a new host for a mod download site (for kerbal space program). I offered him over a hundred terabytes of monthly transfer and multiple servers for his mirrors - didn't even blink twice. I'd happily increase that even further if he needs more capacity - I'm also doing this for free and asked for nothing in return.

How does this compare to paid hosts?

I'm honestly not sure, the last host I personally used for my server back in the day was Wolf Servers - and I really don't recall what they were like performance wise. You can PM anyone in my thread though and ask them for a comparison assuming they switched here from a paid host.

You'll have full access to all of the tools and trinkets that you would get with a paid server at Elpis Host though, so there is that.
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or ask them here in this thread. Enjoy your server!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 145Winner x 17Dumb x 6Funny x 3Useful x 2Agree x 2Artistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

April 2012
    9 Posts
    hi was just wandering and i feel awkward for asking but could you please supply a gmod perp server???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 58Funny x 17Optimistic x 2Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    hi was just wandering and i feel awkward for asking but could you please supply a gmod perp server???
    Go get a vps for that, im not sure he wants his server getting ddos'ed because of perp and kids getting mad...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 25Winner Winner x 5Zing Zing x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

April 2012
    9 Posts
    welll he said for people who wanted a server to ask him he didnt say anything about not haveing a perp server and he also said that he would like people to try and build a community sort of thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26 (list)

5. Post #5

August 2009
    4,672 Posts
    Of course when i get loaded with servers this happens. Still got to say that you're awesome for doing this every once in a while.

Edited:

Laughed at the first few posters. I doubt he'll set up the gamemodes for you but will most likely host them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

April 2012
    9 Posts
    well if he doesnt set up perp on there then i'll have a good go at trying it myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    I'm not really interested in hosting leaked/stolen gamemodes and I certainly don't have any of them on hand.

If you want a PERP server, might I recommend fanaticalVPS/ReThinkVPS?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    AJA
    September 2011
    2,372 Posts
    Ok so I'm stunned here. I have no clue how to use FileZilla. I'm here for 30 trying to figure out how I can add my shit to my server thing. I'm so bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny x 6Dumb x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,199 Posts
    I'm not really interested in hosting leaked/stolen gamemodes and I certainly don't have any of them on hand.

If you want a PERP server, might I recommend fanaticalVPS/ReThinkVPS?
    Your Awesome, servers are amazing, support is amazing. Love the Minecraft server i got. So i'm to say that anyone who visits this thread, this guy is better than anyone else out there, your quite amazing with how the servers run, no lag, and excellent performance on my part. Thank you. Also i was going to say if i may, see if i could ask some people, then come back and see if you may give us one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,419 Posts
    basically it's exactly the same as having two windows explorer windows next to each other
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    Your Awesome, servers are amazing, support is amazing. Love the Minecraft server i got. So i'm to say that anyone who visits this thread, this guy is better than anyone else out there, your quite amazing with how the servers run, no lag, and excellent performance on my part. Thank you. Also i was going to say if i may, see if i could ask some people, then come back and see if you may give us one?
    Yes I literally rented this box for the free gameservers so the offer is pretty much available until it's full.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    Imb

January 2012
    3 Posts
    Is it possible for a bukkit server, 1.49 gig map and if possible 3 gig ram
    I have a few friends that un servers for fu but it lags so we want to come together to make a minecraft server, we have the mods but not a dedicated server, are you able to help us, thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    Is it possible for a bukkit server, 1.49 gig map and if possible 3 gig ram
    I have a few friends that un servers for fu but it lags so we want to come together to make a minecraft server, we have the mods but not a dedicated server, are you able to help us, thanks
    Hi Facepunch,

It's that time of year again for me. I'm going to be offering anyone who wants one a free server. They will include FastDL, MySQL, the works. I'm not going to limit you guys -- other then Minecraft, I'll take any request provided the server runs on Linux.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    The other reason I don't want to host Minecraft servers on this box is because it uses a HDD instead of a SSD meaning poor performing Minecraft servers.

Anyway, offer is still open -- up to 128 slots on Garry's Mod and 64 slots on other game types. Please PM me if you want a free server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2011
    57 Posts
    I'll just say, you're a great guy for doing this to others. There should be more of people like you on planet, perhaps (not necessarily for free servers, but you get my point).

I'm fine with my servers now though, but good luck for everyone with this guy. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,199 Posts
    This is surely legit, Got my own 8 slot Garrysmod Server, love it. Hes a amazing guy, his servers are amazing. And if any of you are thinking of going with someone, go with darksouls servers. No lag, and amazing performace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2011
    13 Posts
    Well I hope ill be able to get what I asked for if my PM got through. The time of this could not be better for me also. Heh. But either way, pretty sick that this guy is doing this. Should really help many people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

19. Post #19
    AJA
    September 2011
    2,372 Posts
    Got my own 16 slot Garry's Mod sandbox server now, And now that I figured out how I have to use FileZilla I'm on my way for a good server hopefully. Well, Thanks Darksoul for doing this. You have my bless. Thank you. I'll have to gather my friends around for some great fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #20

April 2012
    9 Posts
    ok soooo gmod was a bad ask on my side so i was wandering maybe i could get a 32 man red orchestra 2 server????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    ok soooo gmod was a bad ask on my side so i was wandering maybe i could get a 32 man red orchestra 2 server????
    Probably not. You scare me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

April 2012
    9 Posts
    :O soo mean :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    October 2011
    161 Posts
    I can has a DarkRP server? I wanna try and get some friends on it and get them to help me to mod it so it becomes godlike
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2011
    107 Posts
    Pity that it's in USA :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    Pity that it's in USA :(
    I couldn't rent two boxes for this :(

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,822 Posts
    I'd just like to re-assure anyone, this guy is one of the best hosts around. Trust me when I say you wont find better support or performance...heck it's even free, why are you still reading this and not requesting one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,199 Posts
    Also the guy hasn't slept at all, So could you guys kindly tell him to go to sleep, he needs it yet he deny's it. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    October 2011
    161 Posts
    Guess this just proves the best things in life are free...

And darksoul is one of the most generous people i have ever met :P

Edited:

Oh and also sorry for PMing for a server and posting, Didn't see you had to email, sent my email now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2011
    830 Posts
    @ Op : I sent you a PM. Please read it when you have time and write back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    AJA
    September 2011
    2,372 Posts
    OP is from USA, And probably GMT -5. He's either; Dead asleep, Work or at school. Better wait a few hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

April 2012
    1 Posts
    Could I have A Left 4 Dead 2 server ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    February 2010
    7,163 Posts
    Sent a PM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,822 Posts
    OP is from USA, And probably GMT -5. He's either; Dead asleep, Work or at school. Better wait a few hours.
    Elpis IS his work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #34
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    Elpis IS his work
    Yes, it is :)

I replied to most of the PM's. I should have mentioned earlier that you get full access to support as well from Elpis.

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    February 2010
    7,163 Posts
    Got mine, thanks a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    November 2011
    57 Posts
    -snip-

Nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

37. Post #37
    ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽
    Dennab
    March 2010
    3,831 Posts
    Received mine (Kicks38 here)

Thanks!

38. Post #38
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    No problem! :)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,193 Posts
    Sent a PM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,476 Posts
    Sent a PM.
    Replied!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)