1. Post #241

July 2012
    38 Posts
    Anyone have an omni-tool prop? Some models have them bodygrouped, but not all. One of the packs I downloaded (I'm not sure which one) included a couple of omni-tool props but they are a barely visible translucent blue rather than the bright orange from the games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242

August 2008
    171 Posts
    Huh... I keep haveing problems trying to downlode the Mordin model :\

3. Post #243
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    So what about Zaeed? What kinda outfits should he have? I got his default armor, and the formal citadel suit right now. I made a full helmet for him, an armor to go with that is needed. I want to have a unique full armor/enviro suit for each squaddie I port, not just a breathing mask.
    Maybe one of Shepard's armor kits from 3? The Hahne-Kedar armor might go well with him, unless you wanna hack something together with his default armor. Other than that? Maybe the grungiest civilian outfit you can find? That'd be, what? The orange vest thing?

Also, I like the Blue Suns-sy version of the armor you gave him.

4. Post #244
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    ^Yeah I was thinking about that orange vest, too. Maybe resize it a bit and put his arms/tatoos on. Just kinda seemed like a weird thing for a guy his age to wear.

Anyone have an omni-tool prop? Some models have them bodygrouped, but not all. One of the packs I downloaded (I'm not sure which one) included a couple of omni-tool props but they are a barely visible translucent blue rather than the bright orange from the games.
    Yeah that was my prop pack, I combed through the vmt files just now and updated all the hologram materials, it should look much better now. Also, there are 3 skins for the omni tools (and most other holo stuff in my pack), use the bodygroup tools to switch between them.

Download Fix

To use this fix, install my props packs (any one or all of them), then drop the contents of this archive into your addons folder. Overwrite if prompted.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Useful Useful x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #245

July 2012
    38 Posts
    thanks cire!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,228 Posts
    Hey cire, I'm loving your model prop packs. I'm just wondering if you (or anyone else) happen to have ported models of magnetic ship hooks and airlocks that are attached to a ship in a docking bay.

Best example I can find:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Hey cire, I'm loving your model prop packs. I'm just wondering if you (or anyone else) happen to have ported models of magnetic ship hooks and airlocks that are attached to a ship in a docking bay.

Best example I can find:
    I support! :D

Wasnt there someone rebuilding Noveria at some point? At least Port Hanshan.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #248
    March 2010
    267 Posts
    Kai Leng.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Kai Leng.
    Oooh, how I hate that author-favored plot monkey. Hey, does he happen to have a face up under his stupid mask thingie?

10. Post #250
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    5,351 Posts

Wasnt there someone rebuilding Noveria at some point? At least Port Hanshan.
    Yeah that was me, I ditched the project a month ago although I still have all of the textures and stuff used so I can pick it up again one day.

Edited:

Oooh, how I hate that author-favored plot monkey. Hey, does he happen to have a face up under his stupid mask thingie?
    Kai Leng never feels more of a threat than your average internet troll in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    I think i mentioned i was thinking of doing a noveria map years ago but i kind of fell off the mapping train and can hardly remember how to use hammer anymore.

And somebody else i know (but can't recall what they're called on FP) was working on one, too. Noveria seems a popular thing to replicate.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,228 Posts
    Yeah that was me, I ditched the project a month ago although I still have all of the textures and stuff used so I can pick it up again one day.
    Is it possible for you to share those base textures and their normals? If not, that's okay but it would save me a lot of time from sorting through hundreds of raw files. Reason I'm asking is because I'm also doing a Noveria map or at least somewhat referencing it.

Here's what I have so far so you know I'm a little bit serious about it:
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post40081890
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post40087211

13. Post #253
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Everyone loves Noveria! :) Imagine if all you guys were working in it together, that would've been pretty cool.

Also I think Kai Leng has a face underneath his mask but no eyes.

14. Post #254
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    5,351 Posts
    Everyone loves Noveria! :) Imagine if all you guys were working in it together, that would've been pretty cool.

Also I think Kai Leng has a face underneath his mask but no eyes.
    Kai Leng doesn't deserve a face

Edited:

Is it possible for you to share those base textures and their normals? If not, that's okay but it would save me a lot of time from sorting through hundreds of raw files. Reason I'm asking is because I'm also doing a Noveria map or at least somewhat referencing it.

Here's what I have so far so you know I'm a little bit serious about it:
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post40081890
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post40087211
    Yeah sure I'll upload them here soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Here's a new one, Zaeed Massani. 96 flexes (engine limit), using mass effect's original facial animations. There are 5 outfits: Default Armor, a heavy variant, casual, formal and the ME1 heavy armor/blue suns armor. His default armor and its heavy counterpart have multiple skins, and bodygrouped shoulder pads. He has his facemask, and a full helmet variant of it, a hat and the me1 style helmet to go with the blue suns armor. In addition to his omni-stuff, I decided to go ahead and bodygroup some weapons to him, it saves a lot of time if you're using some of the animation sequences and don't care what gun he's holding. Otherwise, just use the bone merge tool. As far as animations, he has *many*. 200, at least, which you can play using the easy animation tool. I tweaked the material on the omni armor a little, its still not quite right. The changes will apply to Mordin, too.

To use him you'll want these tools:
    - Easy Bodygroup Tool
    - Easy Animation Tool, to use the included animations.
    - Extended Face Poser, default faceposer doesn't work beyond a certain number of flexes.
    - Bone Merge Tool, useful for attaching props to a ragdoll (like a pistol to mordin's hand for certain animations).
    - Joint Tool, for fingerposing and making custom expressions.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 22 (list)

16. Post #256
    May 2012
    133 Posts
    Oh my. Kickass release. I'm loving all of your work, and I can't wait to load him up in Gmod later on. Which map did you use for your screenshots, or are those just props in the background?

17. Post #257
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts
    Do those 200 animations include walking and running animations?

And I imagine he uses the default Mass Effect bone structure?

If so, this could be very useful indeed for Mass Effect related animations in the SFM. I hate making walk cycles, and it'd be much easier if I could just puppet them. If the skeletons are the same, then they may even look decent puppeted...

18. Post #258
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    @nek, IIRC the map is called DM_Neon, look it up on fpsbanana.

@gmod4ever, There are a few different walk-cycles in there. I didn't really include any of the animations that go with them (turning animations, twitches etc). I only changed the skeletons enough to make them work as ragdolls (parented lowerback to pelvis and removed the god and root bones). I didn't make any changes to the animations' themselves skeleton-wise. I've never used SFM though, so I don't know whether they'd work or not.

19. Post #259

July 2012
    38 Posts
    Fantastic work, cire

20. Post #260
    January 2010
    19 Posts
    Cire? Do us all a favor and never stop being awesome. srsly. kthnks.

On another note, any update on that Tali mask model (not the armored visor one. The one she takes off in 2 and 3)? I remember from the v1 thread FloaterTwo saying he had the model but it was unreleased and needed Haxxer's permission to release (which he then gave).
    Don't want to sound pestering about it, but that would be a useful model to have.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    I do still have the model and Haxxer did give permission i just have a horrible attention span and am bad at remembering things.

I'll upload it now just so i don't have to remember and feel even more bad about it in a few weeks/months if you bring it up again and i've still forgotten
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    on a similar topic, does anyone have a decent face map thingy for Tali? I had a go but I kinda suck.

23. Post #263
    October 2012
    5,006 Posts
    on a similar topic, does anyone have a decent face map thingy for Tali? I had a go but I kinda suck.
    Facemap? You can't ever see her face. *ba dum tsh!*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Facemap? You can't ever see her face. *ba dum tsh!*
    Yes you can, to remove the visor all you have to do is add in a $no_draw 1 line to the visor file thing. Simples!

25. Post #265

September 2011
    853 Posts
    Where were these when i was doing my tribute video :C , oh well still awesome :D

26. Post #266

August 2012
    8 Posts
    Hey Cire, I have a question.
    I was just messing around with the Zaeed model is SFM to create a few new posters, but I was wondering - the Tech Armour bodygroup on Zaeed. Is there any way that can be 'unattached' from the Zaeed model to other characters?
    Please and thank you in advance! :3

27. Post #267
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Hey Cire, I have a question.
    I was just messing around with the Zaeed model is SFM to create a few new posters, but I was wondering - the Tech Armour bodygroup on Zaeed. Is there any way that can be 'unattached' from the Zaeed model to other characters?
    Please and thank you in advance! :3
    I was thinking about that not too long ago. You could do a version of tech armor made to be bone-merged onto other characters. Of course, it would only work with characters with exactly the same skeleton, and it might clip into people, depending on how they and their skeleton is shaped.

28. Post #268
    January 2012
    40 Posts
    This is a small Request/plea for help,
    Does anyone know how I can extract the textures that are used in the Dark Star Lounge in ME2, or does anyone have them?
    I'm new to this, like 5 hours new.

29. Post #269
    October 2012
    5,006 Posts
    Yes you can, to remove the visor all you have to do is add in a $no_draw 1 line to the visor file thing. Simples!
    It's a joke. I do that.

30. Post #270
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    5,351 Posts
    I'm gonna stop my animations project, it's taking too much of my time and my focus is needed elsewhere, and cire's pretty much trumped me over animations so no use for me to continue

So I'll be releasing this test model I did. It works best in SFM but also works in gMod, although that hasn't been tested. I *think* the issue with the guns not properly attaching has been fixed, not sure though.

Comes with many animations that can be viewed in the model browser/gmod with easy animation tool/SFM.

Highlights are:

-Grovel animations
    -Injured animations
    -Some idle animations

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13825278/alli_test.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #271

August 2012
    8 Posts
    I was thinking about that not too long ago. You could do a version of tech armor made to be bone-merged onto other characters. Of course, it would only work with characters with exactly the same skeleton, and it might clip into people, depending on how they and their skeleton is shaped.
    Do you know how one might achieve success on this glorious endeavour? Any help would be much appreciated. :D

32. Post #272
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    I'm not sure how you go about compiling things to be bonemerged. I know they're usually effects, so you don't need a physics model or ragdoll info, though it will need the skeleton intact. It might be as easy as compiling the tech armor bodygroup by itself with bare essentials.

33. Post #273

July 2012
    38 Posts
    This is Mass Effect related, anyone know of any good sci-fi space station/space ship maps? There's a couple of ME-specific ones I have snagged (like the Normandy and Citadel mockups and stuff) but has anyone come across any other good ones in their travels they could link? They just gotta be good looking, they don't have to be well-designed from a gameplay perspective.

34. Post #274
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    ^ There's a lot of sci-fi themed maps on gamebanana for hl2dm and cs. These are some of my favorites. They aren't really built for sandboxing, but for scenebuilds and posing and stuff they're great.

gm_space
    DM_techside
    de_mars_beta
    cs_aurora - This one looks fantastic, but I haven't been able to get it to load in gmod.
    dm_neon
    de_star
    cm_cloudcity
    dm_vapour
    de_lv426_v3
    zm_lv426
    dm_SSorg
    dm_press_rc1
    dm_tech
    dm_zest
    dm_rapidcore
    dm_venom
    dm_outpost_4
    dm_boundless
    ba_jail_Aeon
    Halo Crypt
    awp_vartex
    de_curiosity
    dm_scifi
    dm_rapidcore
    dm_riposte_utd
    dm_enzo
    dm_amplitude
    dm_a_lesser_fate
    de_stratocorp2
    de_sky_fortress
    de_overdrive
    de_keystone_iv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 12Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,094 Posts
    There was a second version of gm_space that was twice the size but the link has gone dead. I tried asking the guy who uploaded it for another link but he never responded.

Edited:

Dystopia has a few maps you can use for sci fi poses too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Well, I was going to make some suggestions, but I think Cire has it just about covered. I would only add to the list a certain orange spaceship:

de_KeySIV

As an addendum, tried out a few on the list that I hadn't seen before and I think Boundless somehow fits my vision of turian architecture, and Zest reminds me very strongly of the way human settlements were presented in Mass Effect 1.

Also couldn't get Aurora to work, and I think I know why. the Counter-strike .nav file is pakrated into the .bsp, and in my experience, those make Gmod crash. I don't of a way to pull the file back out or delete it, though, so this knowledge helps me not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Here's Tali's mask, finally. Sorry it took a while, but I had overwritten the textures with some of my own so i had to re-export and re-do them. Visor turned out better than it used to be, so that's a plus.

Dropbox link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

38. Post #278
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    13,127 Posts
    Also:

AS_deathstarJb1G
    Combinecockpit
    Cortex_Laboratories_Final
    Cortex_Biotech
    cs_freecity_arena
    cs_reflex3
    ctf_coret_public_alpha
    de_alienzBETA
    de_alivemetal
    de_atlantis
    de_battleship
    de_bluecorridor
    de_combinebase_css
    de_deepspace
    de_halo_battlecreek
    de_halo_final
    de_halolockoutv1
    de_human
    de_overdrive
    de_tydirium_b1 (this one is AWESOME)
    dm_area_n9
    dm_Hot_CN-V1
    dm_stargate_atlantis_b2-2
    foehammer
    fy_alienz
    fy_cubeassault
    gg_aerelon_kalel_2
    gg_alien
    gm_atomic
    gm_battlestation
    gm_fiction
    gm_fringe_reciprocity
    gm_geonosis_plains_b1
    gm_masseffectcitadel_v1
    gm_pd_destruct
    gm_sarlacc_b1
    gm_scificontententry
    gm_sealab
    gm_spacefun_v3
    gm_startrekTOS_v6 (will lag like fuck without spacemod3)
    gm_underwaste
    gm_xhs_revolution
    hang_em_high
    jump_redplanet_v2
    rp_stardestroyer_b2_1
    rp_stargateworlds_v2
    rp_tatooine_dunesea_b1
    sb_atlantis_b16
    sb_gooniverse
    Stargate_SG-1
    Stargate_SG-2
    tron_cyc_arena-a5
    ttt_cyberia_a2
    ttt_ginkajima_v2
    ttt_Intergalactic
    ttt_underside_a1
    ussmirage_Beta3 (will crash gmod unless you run flatgrass first)

All of these are either on fpsbanana or gmod.org
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 5 (list)

39. Post #279
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    ^ There's a lot of sci-fi themed maps on gamebanana for hl2dm and cs. These are some of my favorites. They aren't really built for sandboxing, but for scenebuilds and posing and stuff they're great.

cs_aurora - This one looks fantastic, but I haven't been able to get it to load in gmod.
    I have that one downloaded myself.. although the updated version (linked within the link). Not sure if it works though cause I hardly go on gmod these days. Waiting for some models first :P

40. Post #280
    March 2012
    258 Posts
    Sweeeet. I'm always on the lookout for fitting maps to put all these great Mass Effect ported models in. I'm gonna be doing a lot of downloading tonight. Mwa ha ha.