1. Post #81

February 2013
    12 Posts
    Thanks for your reply! Actually, I meant the owners of original stuff. Bioware in this instance.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,064 Posts
    Thank you very much for your work. I'm not sure if I'm asking a stupid question, sorry if so, but what are the terms of use? I mean if I use these models or some others downloaded from gmod in my L4D2 campaign and then share it with people, do i violate any law or something?
    Depends on the stance the IP owner takes in the end. We generally operate on an implicit permission for nonprofit unless explicitly told otherwise.

I know that a number of Bioware devs actually know about model porting existing and haven't directly commented on it.

That said if there's an explicit ban then don't use them - BIS stuff is a good example of such an explicit ban.

3. Post #83

February 2013
    12 Posts
    I see. Thank you for the clear explanation.

4. Post #84
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    DoubleMatt posted:
    Hey, There was a Hackett model released a while back

does anyone still have the link to it?
    check my name on the OP.

Actually, maybe we just use this as the wip thread now. That way it doesn't get buried.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Meh, I dont see the reason why anyone would close a thread. I was hoping the new multiplayer dlc would've added something new.. there were a lot of rumours about a co-op story mode or something. Also it seems harder to get any new character now. I just wasted a million credits and all I got was shitty items I dont need.

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    And that was the final MP DLC. Good work, bioware.

I guess it was too much to hope for them to add some more than just re-skins and more re-used models. Maybe the final singleplayer DLC will have some actually good new stuff in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #87
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    From the screenshots, it looks like the SP DLC will have some new enemies and stuff. Other than that all I've seen is a bunch of new casual outfits. And by that, I mean it looks like they reskinned the new officers uniform into a Kasumi DLC-esque fancy jacket for Vega and made a spiffier new casual outfit for Wrex.

8. Post #88
    March 2010
    267 Posts
    Fixed scars for FemShep gonna fix lots of problems with materials, will try to fix all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

9. Post #89
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Glad to see you're still working along, GoOR. I eagerly await completion of what's gotta be getting to be a massive pack of Shepards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #90
    January 2011
    770 Posts
    I know it's not the request thread - sorry - but my friend is in need of Thane model from ME3. If anyone has time to port it, it would be nice. Also if you have a copy of ME3 you may extract and send me the source files, I'll port by myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #91
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Wait, there's a difference between me2 and me3 Thane?

12. Post #92
    January 2011
    770 Posts
    Wait, there's a difference between me2 and me3 Thane?
    well, me2 version of it doesn't have faceposing and it's crashing SFM.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    There's no difference between the ME2 and ME3 versions.

If you're using Haxxer's Thane then it should have faceposing but it was made way before SFM existed, so it probably just needs some updating or fixing.

14. Post #94
    May 2012
    133 Posts
    At first, I thought he was referring to the textures of the character. I'm not sure how many textures were updated in ME3. The only one I can directly think of is Wrex, they made his armor look way better.

15. Post #95
    January 2005
    400 Posts
    Fixed scars for FemShep gonna fix lots of problems with materials, will try to fix all.
    Good stuff! If at all possible, please let us please keep Source-eyes as an option if you're still planning on removing them :)

Thanks, GoOR!

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    March 2010
    267 Posts
    Something went wrong with scars, eyes and OmniBlade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #98
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    lol floater, what is that, some kind of omni-bow? What... does it shoot omni-arrows at people? Is that why they always have their omni-armor on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Yeah, its funny how they actually need to shape it as an arrow when we all know the omni-tool fires projectiles and shit at people anyway. But it's still kinda cool and reminds me of a future Green Arrow/Hawkeye :D

I dont know why they called it a Talon merc though, cause no Talon merc I came across wore anything like that. I assumed Zaeeds armour was Blue Suns or something.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Zaeed was ex-blue suns and his armor was yellow, so i doubt it's actual blue suns armor. It could just be commercially available armor which is why the talon mercs use it too, but it doesn't explain why it's bright yellow in the icon and official pictures. That's why i included a red skin.

And just because we didn't see it in the main game doesn't meant it doesn't exist in the universe. The MP stuff is a way of expanding the universe, i guess. Or it was, because we're not getting anything else.

Also, collectors later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

22. Post #102
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Must be the chinese year of the bow or something. Or some new trend in our collective sub-consciousness that the focus groups are picking up on. Tomb raider, then crysis, then far cry and now even mass effect is going medieval, in space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Zaeed was ex-blue suns and his armor was yellow, so i doubt it's actual blue suns armor. It could just be commercially available armor which is why the talon mercs use it too, but it doesn't explain why it's bright yellow in the icon and official pictures. That's why i included a red skin.

And just because we didn't see it in the main game doesn't meant it doesn't exist in the universe. The MP stuff is a way of expanding the universe, i guess. Or it was, because we're not getting anything else.
    I guess thats true.. its kind of a shame BioWare didnt make faction specific armour other than Cerberus. Everyone in the universe share the same armour.. which can be explained away with black market gear.. but thats too lazy. I loved what they did with the weapons in ME3. But yeah.. ME2/3 DLC armour should've been used for specific factions.

Also, I was under the impression that the Citadel DLC was the last single player DLC but they were continuing making MP DLC since its probably a different team. I just read it wrong I guess :( sad news. Especially since the MP DLC didnt do anything.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    I was hoping for more maps at least, but i guess not.

Cerberus likely has their own unique stuff since they have the capability to develop it and produce it themselves, whereas the merc factions just have to rely on buying off-the-shelf gear and just painting it their favorite colors, so that makes sense. I find the shared armor kind of cool but at the same time inexcusably lazy.

And also these guys are out, finally:

Click here to go to the workshop page.

I don't know whether to make a release thread for my stuff or not. I don't like making individual threads for everything i put out, but i might make a thread that i update whenever i do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,817 Posts
    I was hoping for more maps at least, but i guess not.

Cerberus likely has their own unique stuff since they have the capability to develop it and produce it themselves, whereas the merc factions just have to rely on buying off-the-shelf gear and just painting it their favorite colors, so that makes sense. I find the shared armor kind of cool but at the same time inexcusably lazy.

And also these guys are out, finally:

Click here to go to the workshop page.

I don't know whether to make a release thread for my stuff or not. I don't like making individual threads for everything i put out, but i might make a thread that i update whenever i do anything.
    My pants are a little tight after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Collectors are so fucking creepy, nice job Floater. Catalog updated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts
    Have gotten a few requests to port the Mass Effect 1 Ashley Williams. Tested out Mariokartn64's newly updated XPS importing script for 3DSMax. Works like a charm.

That was showing off the faceposing. I kept the skeleton that the XPS version had, renamed it to the Valve standard biped, and built a custom SFM script for her that puts the twist bones (which I kept, because they are very useful) in their own category. The rig is beautiful.

Currently trying to fix her eyes. That screenshot was before adding the Source eyes, and like all of my other recent models, her Source eyes work fine in HLMV but are completely fucked in SFM. Trying to find some sort of pattern that working models have, in relation to the bone orientation versus the attachment orientation. Hopefully the models that are buggered break this pattern, and correcting them would fix the eyes.

Edited:

Well I give up.

Here's Ashley's source and textures.

If you can get her eyes working the SFM, you can have her. Just credit me where it's due.

Textures haven't been touched. No bumpmaps applied, no phong settings, redundant VMTs. All I did was change them to VertexLitGeneric and removed the $translucent lines after mass-converting them with VTFEdit.

Note that her eyes need to work in the SFM. Eyes working in HLMV is not sufficient. Eyes working in Garry's Mod or other Source games is not sufficient. It has to be in the Source Filmmaker.

In fact, if you manage to pull it off, you can also have my firstborn child. My secondborn, even, if you want it. Tell me what you did to fix it, and you can even have my roommate's first- and second-born children. I have quite a few models who are bottlenecked from release because of this problem.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/ME1Ashley.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    I think they should've added the ME1 presidium as a MP map. It's a little open though but I'm sure it could've worked. Ah well, theres always ME4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    March 2010
    267 Posts

Also i'm trying to add some other skins and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,952 Posts

Shepard what are you doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts
    Judging by the expression of the one on the right of the image, she's wondering the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,195 Posts
    Collectors are so fucking creepy, nice job Floater. Catalog updated.
    I love how similar to the Reavers they are, even after we know everything about them.

33. Post #113
    January 2011
    901 Posts

Heh when I saw this I thought "Snikt snikt"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #114
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    COLLECTORS!
    The fact that there's a Collector General in this pack makes this my favorite collection of horrible bug monsters on the Citadel. Yay Floater!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    4,993 Posts
    man the textures on those look like ass

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    They're not the best, I'm going to improve the texture for the lights though.

Bioware seems to have an uncanny knack of being able to make shit textures decent since they never look this bad in the game.

Update:

Fixed the glowy parts, will get a picture of the heavy ingame once I've finished his shield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118

June 2011
    585 Posts
    Hey, I just want to quickly ask what happened to the Kodiak shuttle in the ME3 vehicle pack from last year? I downloaded it today, but could not seem to find the exterior model for the Kodiak. Any help?

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    The pack included it and it's in there, so just try any of the icons that don't have what the model is fully in view. Nothing should cause it not to show up.

Eventually i'm going to release an updated version of that pack on workshop since a few more vehicles got added and there's more skins for the kodiak too.

40. Post #120

June 2011
    585 Posts
    The pack included it and it's in there, so just try any of the icons that don't have what the model is fully in view. Nothing should cause it not to show up.

Eventually i'm going to release an updated version of that pack on workshop since a few more vehicles got added and there's more skins for the kodiak too.
    Ok, thanks.