1. Post #401
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    I think its already in one of cire's packs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    July 2010
    178 Posts
    Yeah upload it somewhere else so everyone can get at it.
    Here you are: MediaFire link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #403

April 2008
    11 Posts
    Nudge, Nudge :P I will give you a big chocolate chip cookie with extra chips!!! :)

I can port them from XNALara, if people really want them.

Just be aware that if the model has shitty rigging, I won't exert the effort to fix it. Faceposing and eyeposing, however, I will do. Especially if the model already has some faceposing bones - eyelids and jaw-drop at the very least.

Rate this post agree if you guys want me to port that female Batarian. Rate this post informative if you want that formal Shepard posted by Chriger. Rate this post useful if you want both.

4. Post #404

June 2013
    8 Posts
    uhm...don't know if I am in the right thread for this. I am new to SFM, and I would like to have the model of the citadel interior...just like in ME2, where you need to run around to have quests fullfilled. Is there something?? Or is it even possible to have something like this???

thank you very much.

docfraiser

5. Post #405
    May 2012
    1,341 Posts
    uhm...don't know if I am in the right thread for this. I am new to SFM, and I would like to have the model of the citadel interior...just like in ME2, where you need to run around to have quests fullfilled. Is there something?? Or is it even possible to have something like this???

thank you very much.

docfraiser
    Unfortunately, the actual maps Shep runs 'round are pretty much un-extractable, and even then, the people who have been generously giving us the models are all (by the seems of it) preoccupied.

There is a link leading to a list of maps you can use on the OP, however. They're all pretty good for ME.

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    They're not un-extractable, it's just the way Mass Effect works is that the environments are built up of lots and lots and lots of props, and you can't just extract them all as one.

If you could, it'd probably hit both the polygon limit and the texture for source, so it'd still need to be broken up into many, many peices so you'd just be better off porting all the peices anyway. The other thing is lighting, because you can't port lighting from the game and if you build a map in the source engine out of props the lighting usually looks kind of shitty, and the only decent mass effect map we have (Shepard's cabin) has that issue in places.

The other alternative is to use props and textures from the game and just make a map in the usual source method using those, but i've not seen one fully completed yet. I gave some help to some people working on an Omega map using that method a long time ago, but they've been on 'a few weeks break' for nearly two years by now.

In short, no, nobody has forgotten about the maps, it's just nowhere near as easy as you may think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #407

June 2013
    8 Posts
    They're not un-extractable, it's just the way Mass Effect works is that the environments are built up of lots and lots and lots of props, and you can't just extract them all as one.

If you could, it'd probably hit both the polygon limit and the texture for source, so it'd still need to be broken up into many, many peices so you'd just be better off porting all the peices anyway. The other thing is lighting, because you can't port lighting from the game and if you build a map in the source engine out of props the lighting usually looks kind of shitty, and the only decent mass effect map we have (Shepard's cabin) has that issue in places.

The other alternative is to use props and textures from the game and just make a map in the usual source method using those, but i've not seen one fully completed yet. I gave some help to some people working on an Omega map using that method a long time ago, but they've been on 'a few weeks break' for nearly two years by now.

In short, no, nobody has forgotten about the maps, it's just nowhere near as easy as you may think.
    ah..okay...so now I know what to do..thank you very much for the information.....

8. Post #408
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Using ME3Explorer you can export levels to 3ds. It doesn't export either materials or normals, but you do get the full, assembled scene. From there you can set up the model in max. Assign materials, remove any props that are already in the prop packs, and break down the level into smaller pieces by material (source has a max 32 materials per model). I used this method to export the Normandy CIC to fallout 3, ending up with about 8 different pieces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #409
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts
    Can you use similar methods for Mass Effect 1 and 2 levels?

10. Post #410
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Hey cire, did you ever port the galaxy map to gmod?

11. Post #411
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Can you use similar methods for Mass Effect 1 and 2 levels?
    Definitely not for ME1, never tried with ME2. Considering WarrantyVoider was making separate versions of his tools for ME2, I'm guessing there are differences between 2 and 3.

Hey cire, did you ever port the galaxy map to gmod?
    No, did Korro? He ported a lot of Normandy props.

12. Post #412
    Dennab
    April 2007
    139 Posts
    Definitely not for ME1, never tried with ME2. Considering WarrantyVoider was making separate versions of his tools for ME2, I'm guessing there are differences between 2 and 3.
    Damn.

I'd totally be willing to do the work involved in porting levels over to Source as static props, but I don't own Mass Effect 3. Makes it kind of difficult.

13. Post #413
    June 2013
    22 Posts
    This stuff is amazing!! It's already spawning ideas in my head!
    But I'm having problems setting things up! I am new to GMod 13 (Facepunch as well) and seem to be having issues with the loading of textures on the models. Primarily the eyes!

14. Post #414
    July 2010
    178 Posts
    This stuff is amazing!! It's already spawning ideas in my head!
    But I'm having problems setting things up! I am new to GMod 13 (Facepunch as well) and seem to be having issues with the loading of textures on the models. Primarily the eyes!
    I guess you should download Enhanced Citizens.

15. Post #415
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    5,351 Posts
    Unfortunately, the actual maps Shep runs 'round are pretty much un-extractable, and even then, the people who have been generously giving us the models are all (by the seems of it) preoccupied.

There is a link leading to a list of maps you can use on the OP, however. They're all pretty good for ME.
    Actually it's not impossible to extract maps from Mass Effect, I extracted the ground of the beam rush sequence and got it into 3DS Max, just need textures for it.

Edited:

Damn it, ninja'd by two posts. :(

Edited:

Damn.

I'd totally be willing to do the work involved in porting levels over to Source as static props, but I don't own Mass Effect 3. Makes it kind of difficult.
    That's too bad, you're missing out on a great story written by a hack of a writer, and amazing gameplay that totally isn't dull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

16. Post #416
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    I extracted the ground of the beam rush sequence and got it into 3DS Max, just need textures for it.
    Of all the things to extract...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #417
    June 2013
    22 Posts
    I guess you should download Enhanced Citizens.
    I did that, and I still had issues! Primarily on the Asari package!

18. Post #418
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    5,351 Posts
    Of all the things to extract...
    I have played that sequence at least two dozen times from a hacked save file. I know every in and out of it and how it's coded.

I'm obsessed with that scene. DON'T JUDGE ME.   

Edited:

I also know that the assets for this scene are still in the beam rush sequence:

All it needs is a little coding to be brought back in and kabam.

19. Post #419
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    427 Posts
    Anybody know how to force the source engine to conform an animation to a biped? Many games use the same animations for many different character types (male, female, big characters, small characters etc) and the animations will use the bone positions found in the skeleton of the character instead of distorting the character rig to fit the bone positions found in the animation.
    I thought the $definebone command had something to do with this, but that doesn't seem to be working, it seems to be just for laying out a biped when you don't have a model. If I can't get this working, I'd have to re-export 1500+ animations each for Miranda, Tali, Garrus, Wrex and Mordin. That's like 7000 animations, even I don't have that kind of patience.

20. Post #420
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts
    So far as I know, that is not possible.

Sorry.

21. Post #421

June 2013
    8 Posts
    ok, so now I have another question. How do I convert the PCC files into files that the GFScape can read or Source Filmmaker?? I did search the whole Inet for it and also youtube but I didn't found anything...if someone could help me that would be great...thanks

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Unpacking the .pcc files isn't difficult, but the unreal engine doesn't use the same model format as the source engine. You have to compile them to the source format.

23. Post #423

June 2013
    8 Posts
    Unpacking the .pcc files isn't difficult, but the unreal engine doesn't use the same model format as the source engine. You have to compile them to the source format.
    ok, and how do I do that??

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Use Umodel to unpack the .pcc files, then find an importer that can import the psk/pskx files into the modelling program of your choice, then find an .smd exporter to export the raw .smds needed to compile models to source, then use the compiling program of your choice to compile the models to source.

The textures exported by Umodel are .tgas so you need to set those up in .vtf format, but aside from that i've explained pretty much the very basics of porting models from Mass Effect.

25. Post #425

June 2013
    8 Posts
    thank you very much for the explanation....I will do that....

26. Post #426

July 2012
    38 Posts
    I'm trying desperately to find a model for the Combat Drone that Engineers deploy. Help? Anyone? Cire you've done a lot of this kind of thing.

27. Post #427
    January 2010
    19 Posts
    I'm trying desperately to find a model for the Combat Drone that Engineers deploy. Help? Anyone? Cire you've done a lot of this kind of thing.
    I have one, but the model is lacking working textures.

Also, I can't remember if it's been asked before, but has anyone ported the model for the Leviathan yet? I have a few projects in mind that would benefit from that model.

Also, obligatory Civvie Femturians and Citadel DLC enemies model pack update request hurf durf (similarly with the above, I have projects that could use those models, but no rush; take your time).

28. Post #428
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    I think everyone on the site is busy with real life stuff, its awful quiet and I haven't really seen anything new in a long time, unless everyone moved over to SFM and abandoned Gmod. We don't have the Leviathan but you could always get it from XNA and port it over or something? Plus I think someone has working textures for the drones on xna.

http://nach77.deviantart.com/art/Leviathan-375435701

I think nach77 also has other stuff, I did a quick search *shrug*

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    I don't know about anyone else who was working on stuff, but i have plans to finish and release most if not all of the stuff i was working on, I've just got other, not Mass Effect related things I'd like to finish first.

Once i'm done with my current big pack of stuff I'm working on I'm going to devote some time to finishing up, releasing, and re-doing some of my Mass Effect stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #430
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Once i'm done with my current big pack of stuff I'm working on I'm going to devote some time to finishing up, releasing, and re-doing some of my Mass Effect stuff.
    What is the big pack of stuff you're working on?

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,687 Posts
    Call of Duty: Black Ops vehicles.

It's been eating up a lot of my time, so when it's done i'm going to take a break from doing Call of Duty stuff for a bit and go back to work on some of the Mass Effect things i've kind of put on hold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    January 2010
    19 Posts
    I think everyone on the site is busy with real life stuff, its awful quiet and I haven't really seen anything new in a long time, unless everyone moved over to SFM and abandoned Gmod. We don't have the Leviathan but you could always get it from XNA and port it over or something? Plus I think someone has working textures for the drones on xna.
    Well, I only come here for SFM models anyway. I wasn't aware there was any distinction between the two for this thread. I just thought this was essentially Source models in general, for SFM and/or for Gmod.

I'll look into porting from XNA, but I'm horrid at porting. The only thing I'm ever likely to try to do is mod and manipulate the textures for some of these models (IIRC, that's a decompile, an edit, and a recompile)

I don't know about anyone else who was working on stuff, but i have plans to finish and release most if not all of the stuff i was working on, I've just got other, not Mass Effect related things I'd like to finish first.

No rush, man. I appreciate all the work you've/you're doing, so take the time you need. I was just wondering what the basic status of different projects were.

33. Post #433
    June 2013
    22 Posts
    I'm curious... has someone already developed Rigs for these models, or is that on the To-do list?

34. Post #434
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    I'm curious... has someone already developed Rigs for these models, or is that on the To-do list?
    which models are they?

35. Post #435
    June 2013
    22 Posts
    which models are they?
    The character models (i.e: Liara, Joker, Garrus, Tali, etc)

36. Post #436
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    The character models (i.e: Liara, Joker, Garrus, Tali, etc)
    If you're wanting them for Garrys Mod then yeah, they've been out for quite some time now

37. Post #437
    June 2013
    22 Posts
    If you're wanting them for Garrys Mod then yeah, they've been out for quite some time now
    Sorry... I should have pointed out that I'm looking for SFM rigging! But thanks for letting me know about the Gmod ones!

38. Post #438
    January 2010
    19 Posts
    Sorry... I should have pointed out that I'm looking for SFM rigging! But thanks for letting me know about the Gmod ones!
    Ones rigged for Gmod will work in SFM.

Most of the models ported are still on BioWare's player rig and so animating them can be a pain in the neck. A small number have been put onto Valve's player rig and can have the source animations put onto it, as well as IK rigs. Fewer still (as of now, about 2 in full detail and a small pack with a very limited selection) retain bioware's rig and have bioware's animations ported to it.

At least, I think that's how it is (no expert on rigging).

39. Post #439
    March 2011
    9 Posts
    I know im a noob..... and im proud(not realy)....... And i don't know if this is the right thread.... But I would just like to know if somebody are porting me3 civilians?? and sorry for my bad english:)

40. Post #440
    September 2013
    584 Posts
    I know im a noob..... and im proud(not realy)....... And i don't know if this is the right thread.... But I would just like to know if somebody are porting me3 civilians?? and sorry for my bad english:)
    People have ported civilians for Gmod, but no ME3, more ME and ME2. What we have to date is Asari, Turian, Salarian, Human, Volus, and Elcor. So far, no Batarian civilians yet