1. Post #81
    October 2007
    1,542 Posts
    snow kills more people than guns do in britain
    Ban snow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,150 Posts
    Seriously? Again?

We had snow in Denmark too, as far as I know everything was up and running as usual today. I am sick of the UK closing flights down every time it snows, I keep getting scared my trip home will get canceled :( (luckily my next flight is in March so it should be ok)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,063 Posts
    Seriously? Again?

We had snow in Denmark too, as far as I know everything was up and running as usual today. I am sick of the UK closing flights down every time it snows, I keep getting scared my trip home will get canceled :(
    That's because we don't get snow very often, and when we do get it we're too ill-prepared and everything goes to shit.

4. Post #84
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    5,625 Posts
    Seriously? Again?

We had snow in Denmark too, as far as I know everything was up and running as usual today. I am sick of the UK closing flights down every time it snows, I keep getting scared my trip home will get canceled :( (luckily my next flight is in March so it should be ok)
    According to wikipedia:
    Some of the country's heaviest snowfalls of recent years have happened in the first half of March and snow showers can occur infrequently until mid-April.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,150 Posts
    That's because we don't get snow very often, and when we do get it we're too ill-prepared and everything goes to shit.
    I know :( I'm from the UK and it has only been in the last three years, I just hate freaking out every time about my flights being canceled. If this is going to keep happening we need to do something about it, we can't keep canceling so many flights and shutting down the country every year.

According to wikipedia:
    I just want to see my family :( fucking hell.

6. Post #86
    Hit switches, get bitches.
    October 2011
    158 Posts
    heres a pic i took with my new camera.

this is in bradford, west yorkshire.

p.s. makes a good desktop background too.

edit: eurgh, imgur compression

7. Post #87
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    5,625 Posts

That place looks incredibly haunted, orbs everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,598 Posts
    Couple days ago in Finland:

9. Post #89
    Hit switches, get bitches.
    October 2011
    158 Posts
    That place looks incredibly haunted, orbs everywhere.
    the snowflakes where fucking huge.
    on an interesting note, I'm gonna get up early and watch all the cars on my street crash, i live on a main road and there's gonna be a shit ton of black ice.

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,525 Posts
    pretty much all the snow has already melted down here, last night could see the sparks coming from the train tracks by my house which was pretty sketchy

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,063 Posts

I could make a joke about the whiteness in Bradford

but I won't out of fear of a ban
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gone but never forgotten.
    November 2009
    19,619 Posts
    You know in Minnestoa, nothing would happen. Everyone would just drive slower but everything would be fine.

13. Post #93
    This probably isn't a good idea
    October 2007
    3,433 Posts
    We had no snow in Portsmouth, it just rained all night. Then no ice, because it was cloudy and drizzled all today. While towns twenty miles to the north got both.

Damn it, I wanted it to snow so no customers would come to work today!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    I was playing skyrim with a friend on the playstation when he said "hey look out the window" and It had snowed loads

then we kept playing skyrim
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #95
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,587 Posts
    Can anyone explain to me why 2" of snow is such a major deal there? Are you folks simply not equipped to deal with it?

For those of us in the Northeast USA, I'm sure all of you can recall the snowstorm last year that dumped 26 inches on us. Gamestop had us open the store at normal business hours the following day
    Acclimatisation and being unable to deal with it. Although this is getting dumb this is what the 4th year in a row we have had bad snow (and this isn't even bad this year compared to last!), you would think by now they would be able to deal with it.
    My local council completely failed to clear any roads from what I can understand, yet the surrounding ones did so once you left the area you could get about easily.

The people complaining about Heathrow are annoying me, BAA asked airlines to cancel 1/3rd of flights to have some room to deal with delays. An airport running at 99.9% capacity can't deal with weather delays.

16. Post #96
    Dennab
    April 2007
    2,619 Posts
    I like that this country cries when a little bit of snow. No one goes to work or anything and retard who does 70mph on black ice dies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,907 Posts
    And yet again NI isn't even touched by frost...

18. Post #98
    July 2007
    795 Posts
    No snow in Cornwall, just got the usual rain.

19. Post #99
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    5,694 Posts
    and yet the most northerly place in the UK is cold as fuck and has no snow.

what is this

20. Post #100
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    4,480 Posts
    We had no snow in Portsmouth, it just rained all night. Then no ice, because it was cloudy and drizzled all today. While towns twenty miles to the north got both.

Damn it, I wanted it to snow so no customers would come to work today!
    That's funny, because it just drizzled a little bit over Havant, all those south-eastern, midland countys getting all the snow, greedy bastards.

21. Post #101
    March 2008
    509 Posts
    -20 and fuckton of snow and ice where I live, and still going to work at 6.00 PM every day.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,444 Posts
    The entirety of living in Gloucester?

"Oh man I heard it's gonna snow tonight we've been waiting ages for some"

"OH SHIT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,283 Posts
    Not a single snowflake here in Preston. :(

24. Post #104
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    45,551 Posts
    I ended up unintentionally sliding down a iced concrete hill when walking my dog.
    That sound's really fun... actually.

25. Post #105
    December 2011
    525 Posts
    And yet in Aberdeen... sweet fuck all.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,690 Posts
    No snow in Scotland.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,796 Posts
    It snowed here last night then promptly rained it away, weather troll.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,558 Posts
    It's only 39 degrees here, been in the 40's and 50's most of the time, usually it's in the single digits, and a shit ton of snow and freezing rain covers everything.

29. Post #109
    September 2008
    915 Posts
    Ukraine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belarus Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Starred Starred x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    28,999 Posts
    nice cars, shame about how they don't look very different

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,429 Posts
    I'm tactically deciding to not go to college.. for personal safety reasons and nothing to do with the superbowl ending at 4am, of course.

32. Post #112
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,698 Posts
    Bloody snow not coming to Northern Ireland.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    971 Posts
    Snowed for about 4 hours last night, then started raining which melted away the snow D:!

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,826 Posts
    Seriously? Again?

You'll be fine it'll be gone by Wednesday and we won't get any snow until 2020.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    11,284 Posts
    Just rain here, then it will freeze over night, all the OAP's will die come Tuesday.

36. Post #116
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,979 Posts
    It was pretty warm today where I live.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    9,265 Posts
    About 3 inches down in kent.

Taken from my living room window

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    10,813 Posts
    The snow's in that partially melted form now so it makes the best snowballs.

39. Post #119
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    2,964 Posts
    Talking about cancelled flights, they were explaining it on the news.
    Basically, Heathrow is a small airport, but it's the busiest airport in the UK. Usually they operate the place with very small time margins, so that they can manage to get all the planes in and out with only 2 runways.
    When it snows they have to slow down and it causes big bottlenecks, so this year they cancelled some flights so that they could continue to operate.

40. Post #120
    September 2011
    3,416 Posts
    Meanwhile Eastern Europe and Scandinavia laughts at the rest of the world