1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    7,208 Posts
    heres a picture of the rejected cover
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Starred Starred x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    19,048 Posts
    heres a picture of the rejected cover
    no it was this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,308 Posts
    Wow, that's pretty vivid.
    yeah that is pretty vivid isn't it vivid

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    888 Posts
    give them a break guys they have no idea how to sell things

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    I wonder if this will be subjected to the American embargo. Hope its not.

6. Post #46
    December 2011
    2,683 Posts
    Because depriving your citizens of basic rights, enacting extrajudicial and political executions, forced labor, lack of any freedom of speech, and censoring media in every way possible makes you a cool guy.
    Something tells me you don't know much about Cuba, ie absolutely nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,595 Posts
    Something tells me you don't know much about Cuba, ie absolutely nothing.
    Please, enlighten me.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,695 Posts
    I wonder if this will be subjected to the American embargo. Hope its not.
    If its shipped from Cuba I imagine it will be, however if they produce it else wear Im sure it will be available in the U.S.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    I want a print copy. I want people to stare at me and question if I'm a dirty commie.

10. Post #50

February 2012
    213 Posts
    I want a print copy. I want people to stare at me and question if I'm a dirty commie.
    atleast you're not reading hitlers book.

11. Post #51
    Dennab
    July 2009
    19,189 Posts
    -snip

omg look its that guy you kill in black ops!!!!
    Woah, why the fuck did I post this?

Edited:

God damn it, it's literally hard to read. Its painful to read.

12. Post #52
    December 2011
    2,683 Posts
    Please, enlighten me.
    You're the one claiming it's like fucking nazi Germany.

13. Post #53
    Dennab
    July 2009
    19,189 Posts
    Nazi Germany treating their own citizens bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,595 Posts
    Do you have any evidence against what I said, or are you going to continue using hyperboles?

15. Post #55
    December 2011
    2,683 Posts
    Do you have any evidence against what I said, or are you going to continue using hyperboles?
    It's your claims, where is this mass murder you speak of. I would argue the US has caused more innocent people to die than you claim Cuba ever did. Cuba is by far no means perfect, it does has a struggle with dissonance, but it's not entirely suppressed with threat of death. Things like Christian Democrats and the Havana pro-Bush rallies have gone untouched by the Cuban government, if it was some mad house of anti-dissoance, than I'd think thousands of people in those groups wouldn't get away so easily with being openly anti-Castro. There is a healthy amount of dissonance in Cuba, this whole idea that if you so much as say one bad word about Castro, you're publicly executed is complete bullshit and is a lie propagated by this red scare era propaganda that has lingered around the US for far too long.

Edited:

Considering the state of US-backed Batista's Cuba, Castro has done a lot of good for it. Cuban citizens have good education, access to free-quality healthcare, a fair standard of living, a high level in the HPI, and an alright position in the HDI. Cuba has things like Black Spring, which they repealed and apologised for, but overall, considering the intense sanctions the US has forced on Cuba, it's doing well. It's by no means a human rights bastion, but it's far, far better than the image the cold war image has made for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,595 Posts
    It's your claims, where is this mass murder you speak of. I would argue the US has caused more innocent people to die than you claim Cuba ever did. Cuba is by far no means perfect, it does has a struggle with dissonance, but it's not entirely suppressed with threat of death. Things like Christian Democrats and the Havana pro-Bush rallies have gone untouched by the Cuban government, if it was some mad house of anti-dissoance, than I'd think thousands of people in those groups wouldn't get away so easily with being anti-Castro.

Edited:

Considering the state of US-backed Batista's Cuba, Castro has done a lot of good for it.
    Take your pick. I admit, Cuba has gotten a lot better in the past two decades, but it does nothing to absolve Castro of what went on under his regime.

Edited:

Cuba's healthcare situation is hardly admirable.

17. Post #57

November 2010
    466 Posts
    Castro is such a G. I'm interested to read this

18. Post #58
    December 2011
    2,683 Posts
    Take your pick. I admit, Cuba has gotten a lot better in the past two decades, but it does nothing to absolve Castro of what went on under his regime.
    Those just detail my point that Castro wasn't a perfect leader, again, the stamping down of dissonants has both thinned out as well as been apologised for numerous times. The Black Spring is a prime example. The first two sources you posted are extremely vague, even with an open mind, those aren't exactly specific, and they either don't tell me anything or just reinforce the point that Cuba has always had a bad relationship with dissonants.

No leader is perfect, and Castro should answer, and in some ways, he has, answer for his imprisonment of dissonants, but if you compare it to what good he did, he shouldn't be classified as a horrible leader.

Edited:

This is something I've actually looked into in the past when I wrote articles on healthcare.

A lot of those issues can be traced back to economics, as Cuba is a rather poor country, a lot of that is the fault of the United State's embargo. Since this was the case, Cuba heavily relied on the Soviets for propping up their finances. Once the USSR fell, they lost that support, and their programmes have suffered due to the loss.

Medicine is in supply as well as affordable to Cuban citizens, not to mention the statistics of its healthcare. For example, its infant mortality rate, life expectancy and access to healthcare. That article you posted paints many issues that, again, can be attributed to just financing. Ironically, the issues it points out are the EXACT same issues the NHS has suffered during its recession, but on a much much smaller scale.

http://library.thinkquest.org/18355/...e_in_cuba.html

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,595 Posts
    Those just detail my point that Castro wasn't a perfect leader, again, the stamping down of dissonants has both thinned out as well as been apologised for numerous times. The Black Spring is a prime example. The first two sources you posted are extremely vague, even with an open mind, those aren't exactly specific, and they either don't tell me anything or just reinforce the point that Cuba has always had a bad relationship with dissonants.

No leader is perfect, and Castro should answer, and in some ways, he has, answer for his imprisonment of dissonants, but if you compare it to what good he did, he shouldn't be classified as a horrible leader.

Edited:

This is something I've actually looked into in the past when I wrote articles on healthcare.

A lot of those issues can be traced back to economics, as Cuba is a rather poor country, a lot of that is the fault of the United State's embargo. Since this was the case, Cuba heavily relied on the Soviets for propping up their finances. Once the USSR fell, they lost that support, and their programmes have suffered due to the loss.

Medicine is in supply as well as affordable to Cuban citizens, not to mention the statistics of its healthcare. For example, its infant mortality rate, life expectancy and access to healthcare. That article you posted paints many issues that, again, can be attributed to just financing. Ironically, the issues it points out are the EXACT same issues the NHS has suffered during its recession, but on a much much smaller scale.

http://library.thinkquest.org/18355/...e_in_cuba.html
    Point taken, I concede.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #60

February 2012
    213 Posts
    Point taken, I concede.
    he concedes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    he concedes
    How informative.