1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    6,557 Posts
    That obsidian armor looks absolutely amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    914 Posts
    I am thinking he cares too much about people labeling it as a minecraft clone.
    Or he figures we already have a game where you can do that, so why should he spend time doing it too
    Or he just doesn't like the idea of it at all because literally the only people who will gain any enjoyment out of it are those of us who like sitting waiting for things to happen so we can make them happen again - there is basically no way to make mining in and of itself a fun act and this is not meant to be a slow paced game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    6,557 Posts
    wollay@picroma.com
    There's his email for the guy who wanted it. It's on his blog.
    Helmets!
    http://twitter.com/#!/wol_lay/status...038016/photo/1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

4. Post #164
    moo
    November 2006
    4,825 Posts
    How much will the game be? Because right now Minecraft is around 35 USD, which is just ridiculous for the state it's in. This game is definitely how Minecraft should have been (well at least the character and combat systems).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    November 2011
    34 Posts
    Definitely buying this game on release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #166
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,645 Posts
    I'd give 35 USD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,918 Posts
    The way the game looks, I'd think an alpha test would be coming very soon, and if it's to be released this quarter, it should be released very soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,072 Posts
    Or he figures we already have a game where you can do that, so why should he spend time doing it too
    Or he just doesn't like the idea of it at all because literally the only people who will gain any enjoyment out of it are those of us who like sitting waiting for things to happen so we can make them happen again - there is basically no way to make mining in and of itself a fun act and this is not meant to be a slow paced game
    By that logic he shouldn't add building, or boss battles, or a lot of features that are in the game or planned to be in the game because other games feature them.

I find mining quite fun for one, just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean other people don't. Also if he wants this to be a fast pace game only, why did he even bother with building structures and whatnot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #169
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,540 Posts
    Being able to destroy blocks and mine deep down etc would probably break the game because of how dungeons and so forth might work. Even if he did add the ability to destroy/add blocks I probably wouldn't bother if there was nothing to gain from it. Building a shelter/house however would be pretty cool if it could server as a main base where you have the station to craft weapons and what not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,986 Posts

Edited:

He says it's all elves in the picture and that he's going to do orcs next.
    He better add Dwarves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    Q1? HOLY SHIT YES

On full release, I mean the complete, COMPLETE game, not minecraft bullshit, I'd pay 40 bucks for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,404 Posts
    Q1? HOLY SHIT YES

On full release, I mean the complete, COMPLETE game, not minecraft bullshit, I'd pay 40 bucks for it.
    I don't want to wait for Q1 next year :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

13. Post #173

June 2009
    7,883 Posts
    wollay@picroma.com
    There's his email for the guy who wanted it. It's on his blog.
    Sent an e-mail about the alpha testing, thanks!

Edited:

If he actually replies (which is step 1) I'll see about talking to him about the current game restrictions.

14. Post #174
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,645 Posts
    He better add Dwarves.
    There are playable Dwarves, Skeletons and Orcs already.
    But they aren't customizable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events

15. Post #175

June 2009
    7,883 Posts

https://p.twimg.com/Ak6qVTtCQAESj0o.jpg:large

Edited:

He confirmed NPC shops on Twitter about 30 minutes ago as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    833 Posts
    What if digging and mining and such took a really really long time.
    I'm thinking of like, Wurm time.

It'd be all adventure and you'd only be able to make small mines unless you devoted all your time to it.

17. Post #177
    May 2009
    13,242 Posts
    I don't want to wait for Q1 next year :(
    Q1 2012

2012 is this year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 15Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,404 Posts
    Q1 2012

2012 is this year
    D: D: D:

So it's almost out? FUCK YEAH SEAKING!
    That feel when you discover a game and it's about to come out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 32Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    24,343 Posts
    i doubt it'll be out anytime soon tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,404 Posts

This post is more rainbows than cardboard boxes.
    Just so you know facepunch.

Edited:

i doubt it'll be out anytime soon tbh
    I rate you anti rainbows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25 (list)

21. Post #181
    March 2010
    1,171 Posts
    This is pretty much what I imagined Minecraft would mature to when I first heard of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,231 Posts

Mother of god, you post just like a 4channer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree x 27Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,659 Posts
    This looks amazing. I'll buy it on release and probably never finish it because I never finish games I buy. But I'll still enjoy it. A lot.

Because right now Minecraft is around 35 USD
    What, 20€ is nowhere near $35.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member

November 2007
    7,998 Posts
    I'm actually getting disappointed rather quickly with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for the base game, but these artificial restrictions on the game is ridiculous. I don't care what the excuse is; limiting the customization to only a handful of blocks (or no customization ala hairstyles) is dumb. The lack of any information besides a simple "not planned" on digging is annoying. So what if people label it a minecraft clone? It's already a voxel/block based game. People are going to call it a clone regardless. He needs to take the good bits of minecraft (modifying the landscape) and use them.

Why, why is he putting restrictions on customization? What is the reasoning behind it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

25. Post #185

June 2009
    7,883 Posts
    I agree completely Ed. I wish there was a better way of getting out that word to him.

26. Post #186
    April 2011
    923 Posts
    He needs to realize people will call it a clone anyway.

If Terraria is apparently a minecraft clone, this will only be worse.

Geez why the dumb? I meant if people can call Terraria a MC clone, they will probably call this game a MC clone and then some.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,601 Posts
    I'm actually getting disappointed rather quickly with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for the base game, but these artificial restrictions on the game is ridiculous. I don't care what the excuse is; limiting the customization to only a handful of blocks (or no customization ala hairstyles) is dumb. The lack of any information besides a simple "not planned" on digging is annoying. So what if people label it a minecraft clone? It's already a voxel/block based game. People are going to call it a clone regardless. He needs to take the good bits of minecraft (modifying the landscape) and use them.

Why, why is he putting restrictions on customization? What is the reasoning behind it?
    There's no reason why he should put digging/building in. Would you expect a zelda game to allow that? Just because it's voxels doesn't mean it has to.

That said, since voxels are so good for digging and building, it's really a missed opportunity to add more depth to the game (no pun intended).

Edited:

In other words, digging/building would be awesome but he shouldn't add it if it detracts from what he wants the game to be.

Edited:

Also the lack of free customisation is just dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    January 2012
    1,002 Posts
    He needs to realize people will call it a clone anyway.

If Terraria is apparently a minecraft clone, this will only be worse.
    But there is not digging/mining. To call it a minecraft clone would be stupid knowing that.

29. Post #189

June 2009
    7,883 Posts
    Doesn't change the fact that digging and/or mining is something I'm sure a lot of people want. I want this game to replace Minecraft in my game library.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,072 Posts
    The digging/mining thing doesn't even have to be important resource wise, I just want to carve out basements and bunkers and whatnot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    There's no reason why he should put digging/building in. Would you expect a zelda game to allow that? Just because it's voxels doesn't mean it has to.

That said, since voxels are so good for digging and building, it's really a missed opportunity to add more depth to the game (no pun intended).

Edited:

In other words, digging/building would be awesome but he shouldn't add it if it detracts from what he wants the game to be.

Edited:

Also the lack of free customisation is just dumb.
    If he's not going to allow the destruction of voxels by the player, then why make it a voxel based game? From what I could understand of Minecraft, it's voxel themed so it's easier to mine and shit. If he didn't want this to be a "minecraft clone" why did he have it have the artstyle of minecraft but not the good things of Minecraft?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,271 Posts
    This looks incredibly promising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,430 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

34. Post #194
    YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THOSE PRANCY FANCY DOLPHINS ARE YOU
    September 2009
    809 Posts

35. Post #195

June 2009
    7,883 Posts
    This looks promisingly incredible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    March 2010
    1,171 Posts
    Promising looks incredible this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #197
    May 2008
    837 Posts
    Promisingly, this looks incredible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,231 Posts
    Incredible, this looks promising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    This is a shit joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,662 Posts
    We are not doing this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)